Thread: Joshua v Klitschko in Vegas?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Klitschko in Vegas?

Primo, what is wrong with you? I am saying there is no need for ppv format. It happens in US and UK for boxing fans but not in Germany where Wlad is more popular than AJ will ever be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Primo, what is wrong with you? I am saying there is no need for ppv format. It happens in US and UK for boxing fans but not in Germany where Wlad is more popular than AJ will ever be.
    Mate, I detest some of these ridiculous PPV's as much as you do. I also feel that Joe Public is getting rinsed in the UK .
    But you have to be realistic and accept that the reason there are more PPV's is because of the demand of the fighters. Yes , promoters and TV Stations are making money, but that's what they're there to do.
    And you turn around and say "fighters are earning but they'll be retired soon , but the promoters and TV Leeches will still be taking the money."
    Well , you could actually turn that around and say "The fighters are taking the money out of the sport and will ride off into the sunset, but the promoters and TV will carry on investing in the sport and putting money back into it."
    Hey, the top fighters know their market value and best of luck to them. But you can't deny the Promoters and TV the money they make because they're stumping up the dough and taking the risks!
    Bit of perspective needed bud.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Mate, I detest some of these ridiculous PPV's as much as you do. I also feel that Joe Public is getting rinsed in the UK .
    But you have to be realistic and accept that the reason there are more PPV's is because of the demand of the fighters. Yes , promoters and TV Stations are making money, but that's what they're there to do.
    And you turn around and say "fighters are earning but they'll be retired soon , but the promoters and TV Leeches will still be taking the money."
    Well , you could actually turn that around and say "The fighters are taking the money out of the sport and will ride off into the sunset, but the promoters and TV will carry on investing in the sport and putting money back into it."
    Hey, the top fighters know their market value and best of luck to them. But you can't deny the Promoters and TV the money they make because they're stumping up the dough and taking the risks!
    They invest to make money and make huge profits any risks/mistakes they make they pass it on to subscribers. Let's not feel too sorry for them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They invest to make money and make huge profits any risks/mistakes they make they pass it on to subscribers. Let's not feel too sorry for them.
    Trust me, NOBODY ever feels sorry for them. But you have to have balance and accept the fighters role in this.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trust me, NOBODY ever feels sorry for them. But you have to have balance and accept the fighters role in this.
    Fighters have not created this ppv platform it was there before they came and will be there long after they retire.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fighters have not created this ppv platform it was there before they came and will be there long after they retire.
    how can that be? If there were no Fighters, there would be no ppv! Am I missing something here?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how can that be? If there were no Fighters, there would be no ppv! Am I missing something here?
    It was there long before Joshua and will be after he retires.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was there long before Joshua and will be after he retires.
    What about the others? And future guys? It's not just about Joshua.
    I'm more concerned about the guys who are not ppv worthy?
    AJ is HW champion of the World and probably the Man in the division.
    That's always been a big prestigious thing. He's bound to be ppv.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not care about others, Bellew is now a ppv fighter, it is a joke.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

850,000 PPV buys for Bellew's last fight.

Greedy fighters have ruined the sport (even though it's more popular than ever)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

It is not popular because of ppv. I never said greedy fighters have ruined the sport TV companies and promoters have. Even 1 subscription to ppv is a success to them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

It is not popular because of ppv. I never said greedy fighters have ruined the sport TV companies and promoters have. Even 1 subscription to ppv is a success to them.
    Stop talking rubbish mate. so 1 person subscribes , they make a LOSS! let's be sensible bud. Nobody has "ruined" the sport, it is in rude health.
    but don't be one of these guys that wants to have a pop at the bigwigs just because it feels macho and right to do so, yet still want to be pally pally and refuse to offer even a tiny critique to the people who are taking the majority of the money and taking it out of the sport. Just because you want to feel like the fighters are straight up working guys like you , and "one of our own."
    do you expect the promoters and TV to carry on paying these Boxers the same money , yet not charge PPV? therefore losing money?
    mate , I have no clue of what you do in the real World , but seem typical of the type of person who:
    a. has never run a business in your life - nothing wrong with that , but don't criticize things you have no clue about. and
    b. probably when talking about their Soccer club and the Chairman says things like "he needs to spend £50 million on that Striker!" easy to spend other people's money, but do you know how few people have £50 million washing around that they can throw about? and if they do, why the fuck should they be told how to spend their dough.
    Be reasonable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry I know what you said, all you do is repeat yourself and swerve, repeat and swerve, repeat and swerve until you've rendered the discussion unbearable.

Master - PPV has ruined boxing
    MugFen - Boxing is more popular than at anytime since WW2
    Master - Evil promoters are conning mugs
    CuntFen - You have a choice whether or not to buy
    Master - Evil promoters take all the money
    CripFen - Fighters benefit most they get 80% of the show
    Master - Boxers aren't worth the money
    NazFen - Greedy fighters are to blame?
    Master - Evil promoters have ruined boxing
    DullFen - What about the BBC? They force you to hand over money
    Master - Audley conned the BBC out of boxing
    ArseFen - Greedy fighters fault?

Master - PPV has ruined boxing
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do they do PPV in Germany where Wlad is popular? So it does not have to exist.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do they do PPV in Germany where Wlad is popular? So it does not have to exist.
    How Many Wlads are there in this World?
    In Germany, they also have 80,000 sell outs in the Bundesliga and pay as little as 15 euros a ticket.
    Basically the money has to come from somewhere. More commercial sponsorship, image rights, self promoting,whatever.
    But the money has to come from somewhere.
    Now Haye self promotes, similarly to Wlad, but you think he's a cunt! So we can't win can we?
    Not everyone has the clout that Wlad has. It takes years to get yourself into that position.
    Time to have a rethink @Master. 😏

Thread Information