Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Omar Figueroa v Robert Guerrero 15th July 2017 Fox

Guerrero and his family's story is a proper heart warmer. They've earned a rest I reckon.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Guerrero and his family's story is a proper heart warmer. They've earned a rest I reckon.
    True, I like that they seem so close knit and have overcome big obstacles.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guerrero looked awful
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Guerrero looked awful
    You looked awful!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Figueroa is always entertaining. I'm not sure if he makes it back to 140 tho.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely Guerrero has been a stand up guy sticking with his wife during her illness which last I heard she is in remission and I hope that's true. He gave us a lot of good fights during his career and I admit I thought he might bang up Floyd a bit. I hope he had some loot stashed away and can chill for a while till he decides what he is gonna do unless he always know. But thanks Guerrero I was a big fan for many years. You were game and great to watch

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely Guerrero has been a stand up guy sticking with his wife during her illness which last I heard she is in remission and I hope that's true. He gave us a lot of good fights during his career and I admit I thought he might bang up Floyd a bit. I hope he had some loot stashed away and can chill for a while till he decides what he is gonna do unless he always know. But thanks Guerrero I was a big fan for many years. You were game and great to watch best of luck in the future

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    He said, during the post fight pressure conference, that 140 was the goal and that his next fight would be at 142, 144. Unless he gets a shot at a money fight at 47.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    He said, during the post fight pressure conference, that 140 was the goal and that his next fight would be at 142, 144. Unless he gets a shot at a money fight at 47.
    Before this Guerrero fight I believe you were posting about Omar and his brother being talented young fighters. You have a very keen eye, but were you surprised by how he dominated such a tough fighter as Guerrero?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably one of the more down to earth guys recently and he was always in tough. Very much earned his spot. I gave him some stick early with his occasional billy goating and Yordan fight but very respectable career. Still have to say the turn around between the first and second round was so unbelievable. Figueroa looked terrible early and his attitude was pretty much 'meh, yeh I got fat' and it was as if Guerrero lost everything instantly. All the best in retirement and hope it sticks.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Before this Guerrero fight I believe you were posting about Omar and his brother being talented young fighters. You have a very keen eye, but were you surprised by how he dominated such a tough fighter as Guerrero?
    I can see Figueroa being feed to likes of Spence & co at 147. I'm sure he'd prefer to go to 140 but he seems very undisciplined between bouts the way he ballooned above 150 for the Demarco fight. Ironic that he reminds me of Guerrero in the way that he is a very capable boxer but prefers to brawl. Guerrero's been on the slide for awhile now so I wasn't really surprised. Good luck to him with his future plans and thanks for a solid career with some excellent fights.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-23-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. I thought that it would be a distance fight and close. I have seen him sparring on several occasions and I was surprised at how hard he was punching. During the press conference Figueroa said the first knockdown surprised him because it was a 'setup' punch with no power on it. Incidentally, Figueroa beat Spencer's for a Texas state title in a 4 round fight as amateurs.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Figueroa being feed to likes of Spence & co at 147. I'm sure he'd prefer to go to 140 but he seems very undisciplined between bouts the way he ballooned above 150 for the Demarco fight. Ironic that he reminds me of Guerrero in the way that he is a very capable boxer but prefers to brawl. Guerrero's been on the slide for awhile now so I wasn't really surprised. Good luck to him with his future plans and thanks for a solid career with some excellent fights.
    Thanks for the reply n I agree about figoroua, but I was talking to Greynotsoold.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All good. I like Figueroa. He's my action Jackson (don't rip me for this), Gatti type rock em sock of today. I personally feel he loves his power too much and would be better served actually working on defense. The power is there no doubt but if he would only avoid a few shots along the way to landing his, he may last a little longer in the game and fights may possibly be a little easier.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Today is "Omar Jr and Brandon Lee Figueroa Day" in Weslaco, Texas.

Thread Information