Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 155

Thread: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    550
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Beanz - "Paulie's FULL OF SHIT!" ���������������� �
    You are full of shit you can't even build a cogent argument. Your arguments are basically make stuff up people don't say and then throw your toys out of the pram when you realise nobody is falling for it. You never address the facts.
    @Beanz,
    "You are full of shit you can't even build a cogent argument. "

    1. Yes I can.
    2. Like I said, I wasn't trying to "build a cogent argument"

    "Your arguments are basically make stuff up people don't say and then throw your toys out of the pram when you realise nobody is falling for it."

    Examples please.

    "You never address the facts"

    Again, Examples please. I've got to be honest, I do take tiny offence at that comment, because I think I am one of the rare ones that actually DOES Address the facts!
    Fair play, I wasn't actually arguing with you, and I really am trying hard not to comment on anything to do with this ridiculous Circus act of a fight, but I was just amused at your reply to another poster's points because all you could reply with was "they're all full of shit!"
    Tell me , how is that "addressing the facts"?😂😂
    I've got to be fair I think it's you that is throwing his toys out of the cot, and quite frankly , you're making yourself look a bit of a clown. 😎

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    550
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    @Beanz, why does the @ feature bug you?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    550
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    @Beanz, just making sure you saw the last couple of posts? 😂😂

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    24,241
    Mentioned
    920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1177
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Beanz, why does the @ feature bug you?
    Because it is childish and unnecessary like a lot of your posts. If you are replying in a thread why would you need to @mention someone ? If you have nothing new to offer then why bother?

    It's also just incredibly lazy, like listing points and expecting people to reply to each point in order because you can't extrapolate an argument from a post and you want everything handed to you on a plate. If you had read anything about the history of boxing or even bothered to google the subject it would be quite obvious to you that more knockouts due to wearing gloves is just the basics. You can be a noob and pretend that they were invented for the safety of boxers and that bare knuckle fights lead to more knockouts but you are just kidding yourself.


    The worst part of it is the pedantic and frankly laughable idea that you are above commenting on a fight that has more in common with the history of boxing than half the spoon fed rubbish you think is "pure", or some such nonsense. Of course it's a circus, it's always a circus, that is in it's genes, just like grappling.

    If you are offended then I apologise but frankly you have missed the point if you think the point of a forum is to just rip the piss out of people and be condescending.

    You are supposed to present counter arguments not just go with the flow.





    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    24,241
    Mentioned
    920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1177
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    @Beanz

    I didn't realise the @ feature upsets you mate, I specifically use it so the board isn't littered with unreadable multi-quotes that people can't scroll through, this is the last time I will EVER @ you again, trust me.

    I have no idea how you could possibly think i'm being "arsey" with you, mate? Seriously, If it makes you happy i'll pretend I think you're right?
    It's not about making me happy you prune it's about having a difference of opinion. Every boxer on earth does not believe what you are suggesting at all. All boxing gloves today including "punchers " gloves are massive relative to a bare fist and they increase the likelihood of knockouts. Why do you think people sometimes get knocked out in sparring? If everyone wore punchers gloves then a lot of fighters would look like Hatton or Henry Cooper cut to shreds after a couple rounds but you would actually probably have less knockouts. Big accurate punchers with great timing will find a way anyway but the bigger glove thing is largely a myth. I am quite happy if you like most people don't agree but It does not make it a fact.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,316
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I agree with what has been said before, if mcgreggor had got the better of Pauli we'd have stories and probably a video

    Instead all we're hearing is that it's staying private
    Paulie probably outboxed Colin and made him rethink his strategy to something unconventional as @Nameless suggested.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    550
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Beanz, why does the @ feature bug you?
    Because it is childish and unnecessary like a lot of your posts. If you are replying in a thread why would you need to @mention someone ? If you have nothing new to offer then why bother?

    It's also just incredibly lazy, like listing points and expecting people to reply to each point in order because you can't extrapolate an argument from a post and you want everything handed to you on a plate. If you had read anything about the history of boxing or even bothered to google the subject it would be quite obvious to you that more knockouts due to wearing gloves is just the basics. You can be a noob and pretend that they were invented for the safety of boxers and that bare knuckle fights lead to more knockouts but you are just kidding yourself.


    The worst part of it is the pedantic and frankly laughable idea that you are above commenting on a fight that has more in common with the history of boxing than half the spoon fed rubbish you think is "pure", or some such nonsense. Of course it's a circus, it's always a circus, that is in it's genes, just like grappling.

    If you are offended then I apologise but frankly you have missed the point if you think the point of a forum is to just rip the piss out of people and be condescending.

    You are supposed to present counter arguments not just go with the flow.





    😂😂😂😂😂 @Beanz, this is fucking hilarious! You are going right off the top board here, it's fucking great!
    I'm a bit busy at the moment, but please give me a few hours and I'll reply properly to your dissertation, trying as hard as I can to state FACTS!
    I am literally pissing myself here!
    #@Rossreincarnatedbutusingbigwords 😂😂

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,605
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    491
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    If UFC fighters could hang with boxers, they would just go into boxing because they make way more money. Why would Conor remain in the UFC if he could make $20 million in one boxing match? That's probably 4 times what he would make his entire UFC career.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,605
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    491
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Also, I don't trust anything Paulie says because he is working with Conor. Obviously he isn't going to say something like "Conor is talented but obviously isn't anywhere near the level of a top boxer." That's why he says things like he doesn't have really good power but neither do a lot of people. The only chance he has to beat Floyd is to have OMG power. If he doesn't, then his chances go from .01% chance of winning to 0% chance.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    550
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Beanz, why does the @ feature bug you?
    Because it is childish and unnecessary like a lot of your posts. If you are replying in a thread why would you need to @mention someone ? If you have nothing new to offer then why bother?

    It's also just incredibly lazy, like listing points and expecting people to reply to each point in order because you can't extrapolate an argument from a post and you want everything handed to you on a plate. If you had read anything about the history of boxing or even bothered to google the subject it would be quite obvious to you that more knockouts due to wearing gloves is just the basics. You can be a noob and pretend that they were invented for the safety of boxers and that bare knuckle fights lead to more knockouts but you are just kidding yourself.


    The worst part of it is the pedantic and frankly laughable idea that you are above commenting on a fight that has more in common with the history of boxing than half the spoon fed rubbish you think is "pure", or some such nonsense. Of course it's a circus, it's always a circus, that is in it's genes, just like grappling.

    If you are offended then I apologise but frankly you have missed the point if you think the point of a forum is to just rip the piss out of people and be condescending.

    You are supposed to present counter arguments not just go with the flow.





    @Beanz
    Because it is childish and unnecessary like a lot of your posts. If you are replying in a thread why would you need to @mention someone ? If you have nothing new to offer then why bother?
    childish and unnecessary? Don't be fuckin stupid. Like @Fenster previously said (but you probably never bothered to read it) it saves loads of long meaningless quotes that most people wouldn't be bothered to go through and also find it quite annoying because they take 10 minutes to scroll to the bottom of the page. Still , you don't give a fuck about anybody else , so I'll make this a nice long fucking post to keep you happy and piss everyone else off.


    It's also just incredibly lazy, like listing points and expecting people to reply to each point in order because you can't extrapolate an argument from a post and you want everything handed to you on a plate.
    Uh, no. Replying point by point is
    A. Being polite and ensuring that every point is replied to, not cherry picking bits that you can answer and ignoring bits you have no answer. I have noticed that you're a bit of an expert at that.
    B. For Clarity.


    If you had read anything about the history of boxing or even bothered to google the subject it would be quite obvious to you that more knockouts due to wearing gloves is just the basics. You can be a noob and pretend that they were invented for the safety of boxers and that bare knuckle fights lead to more knockouts but you are just kidding yourself.
    Again, like I said many times previously. I wasn't necessarily arguing with you on this subject. @Batman came up with a statement that pretty much sums up where I stand on this. The safety element regarding cuts with less padded gloves is equally as relevant as your point about broken hands. My actual point was your pathetic , desperate reply to a post "anyone who disagrees with me is full of shit" you made yourself look a proper cunt tbf


    The worst part of it is the pedantic and frankly laughable idea that you are above commenting on a fight that has more in common with the history of boxing than half the spoon fed rubbish you think is "pure", or some such nonsense. Of course it's a circus, it's always a circus, that is in it's genes, just like grappling.
    The main reasons I don't wish to comment on this joke fight, therefore supporting it like twats like you, are:
    A. You have a guy earning crazy money having never boxed professionally in his life fighting the best Boxer of the last 20 years.Thousands of Boxers worldwide have spent their whole lives making sacrifices to try to be the best Boxer they can be that will never get this kind of opportunity, yet many of them would beat McGregor, how can that be right?
    B. It's immoral that they earn these ridiculous sums when people are fucking starving in some parts of the World.
    C. It's probably gonna be a fix , but if mugs like you want to fucking analyse this shite, crack on. It's pathetic really.


    If you are offended then I apologise but frankly you have missed the point if you think the point of a forum is to just rip the piss out of people and be condescending.
    I did say I was a TINY bit offended, as I always respond with facts , like I'm doing now.
    You are supposed to present counter arguments not just go with the flow.

    I think it's safe to say that I've done that. Beanz, you seem to have a load of pent up anger and frustration in your irrational posts. I think you probably need to get laid or something so you can relax . Perhaps you'll stop talking so much shite then!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,845
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    30 day mark and still no official opponent for belt of Gervonta Davis. Pretty clear these will be window dressing filler fights, title fight or not.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,322
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    724
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    30 day mark and still no official opponent for belt of Gervonta Davis. Pretty clear these will be window dressing filler fights, title fight or not.
    It's a shame, one thing I always enjoyed about Floyd fights was the way he made the whole thing a good package. This is a literal and figurative outrage. Still I listen to the guys at work who aren't boxing fans and they are excited about the fight. I try to keep my mouth shut as who am I to ruin hype they bought into

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,719
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    497
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    30 day mark and still no official opponent for belt of Gervonta Davis. Pretty clear these will be window dressing filler fights, title fight or not.
    The latest I heard after Salido wouldn't be ready in time and Farmer literally left for Africa was that it would be Rocky Martinez and he is and has been in camp preparing. So yes, a showcase fight.(although I don't particularly trust the source that said Rocky has been preparing)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,845
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    30 day mark and still no official opponent for belt of Gervonta Davis. Pretty clear these will be window dressing filler fights, title fight or not.
    It's a shame, one thing I always enjoyed about Floyd fights was the way he made the whole thing a good package. This is a literal and figurative outrage. Still I listen to the guys at work who aren't boxing fans and they are excited about the fight. I try to keep my mouth shut as who am I to ruin hype they bought into
    Its a one trick pony show. Man you're a bigger man than I in that regard..I had a staff member ask me what I thought would happen and all I could do was hand her a fecal loop and lube for the pooch on table and tell her 'save your money you're living it' . Love to see Davis challenged and not fed some glorified piñata.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,845
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    30 day mark and still no official opponent for belt of Gervonta Davis. Pretty clear these will be window dressing filler fights, title fight or not.
    The latest I heard after Salido wouldn't be ready in time and Farmer literally left for Africa was that it would be Rocky Martinez and he is and has been in camp preparing. So yes, a showcase fight.(although I don't particularly trust the source that said Rocky has been preparing)
    Figure even a Martinez would be let known by now, name at least and ties to Loma, Salido etc. This is why the IBF is the shadiest as they always maintain number 1 or 2 rankings as "not rated". They could just ship Kenny Getup right in ffs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2016, 09:34 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 04:14 AM
  4. Conor McGregor spars with 'The Mountain' Hafthor Bjornsson
    By El Kabong in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 07:52 AM
  5. Conor McGregor is the real deal!
    By mattboxingfan in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 01:05 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing