Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

Thought this was amusing

https://youtu.be/fnjZstfk-g4

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It isn't only about force. It is also distribution of force. It's why you can lay on a bed of nails but you can't lay on one nail.

You're right in total force vs distribution of force.
    However, when assessing the effects of a punch to the chin on the opponent's brain, it's really only about total force.
    But isn't this about KO's? Moving someone's brain is only one of many ways to KO someone. From my years of watching I'd say submitting is more common than people being asleep. People accepting the KO. It's a KO just the same.

Seems to me the interminable argument a few pages back was about the type of KO where "Johnny says night-night".

Using that as the basis, then it's just force we're contending with, which when striking a stationary object of a certain mass, will impart an acceleration which in turn will cause the resulting relative motion between brain and cranial cavity.

If anything, a more concentrated force is more likely to break bones (facial and hand). But the total force being practically the same with a boxing glove as with an MMA glove, means the effect on the opponent's brain will be practically the same.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It isn't only about force. It is also distribution of force. It's why you can lay on a bed of nails but you can't lay on one nail.

However, when assessing the effects of a punch to the chin on the opponent's brain, it's really only about total force.
    But isn't this about KO's? Moving someone's brain is only one of many ways to KO someone. From my years of watching I'd say submitting is more common than people being asleep. People accepting the KO. It's a KO just the same.

Seems to me the interminable argument a few pages back was about the type of KO where "Johnny says night-night".

Using that as the basis, then it's just force we're contending with, which when striking a stationary object of a certain mass, will impart an acceleration which in turn will cause the resulting relative motion between brain and cranial cavity.

If anything, a more concentrated force is more likely to break bones (facial and hand). But the total force being practically the same with a boxing glove as with an MMA glove, means the effect on the opponent's brain will be practically the same.
    Well then it's a silly hyper specific argument where the point is lost just so someone can be right. Add qualifiers add qualifiers. KOed is KOed

If anyone actually believes being punched by both gloves is the same all we know for certain is that person hasn't been punched by both gloves because it is vastly different. And that's a fact. Just try it, or ask anyone who has been hit by both. It isn't remotely the same.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 07-28-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well then it's a silly hyper specific argument where the point is lost just so someone can be right. Add qualifiers add qualifiers. KOed is KOed

If anyone actually believes being punched by both gloves is the same all we know for certain is that person hasn't been punched by both gloves because it is vastly different. And that's a fact. Just try it, or ask anyone who has been hit by both. It isn't remotely the same.

It wasn't MY silly hyper specific argument.
    I just attached a link from an actual study (as opposed to so much conjecture) and stated some facts.

Total force is total force. You apply X force to Y mass... you cause Z acceleration.
    Of course getting punched with boxing gloves and MMA gloves will feel different. That's where the pressure (psi) aspect of it comes in.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I once a read a book called "beyond the ring" which was published about 30 years ago in which they describe the types of knock outs. There's an acceleration one, where the shot creates a momentum that drives a persons brain into the inside of the skull. There's the rebounding one where the momentum from the head is stopped suddenly and the brain already it motion carries itself into the skull after the skull has stopped or rebounded/reversed it direction and then there is another one can happen 2 ways, the bend of a neck is so severe that it pinches off the carotid artery stops blood flow to the brain momentarily or a punch that lands on the neck that requires little force to pinch off the artery and shut the brain down. I've seen the last one performed with open hand and a jabbing motion many times by little guys on much larger opponents. You don't have to have frightening power, big gloves, small gloves, or gloves at all. Just food for thought in the whole KO volley happening here.

I read this one a long time ago, but I believe i might have it around my desk at work. If i can find it, i'll revise this with the verbatim version.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worst All Access ever?

https://youtu.be/qFPVemOp6Ac

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worst All Access ever?

https://youtu.be/qFPVemOp6Ac
    Worst fight ever for the money it is making. Link not working.
    Last edited by Master; 07-30-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kind of funny. Have seen at least 3 friends post that video of the imposter body builder as "McGregor" on that beach and then go on about him 'killing' Floyd. Clearly not boxing or mma fans .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, the "event" will probably be a let down for most. But I'm getting plenty of entertainment seeing MMA fans opinions

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This whole thing is a sham. Conor talking all this sh-t about Floyd but I don't remember him saying anything about Floyd beating up woman. Wouldn't that be a big part of your diss? Traveling on the same private jet and so on. I'm glad to hear tickets still haven't sold out. I'll probably watch, maybe at the local as a few mates are MMA fans and think CMac has a chance. If not then a stream will be fine.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yesterday we was all round me mom n dad's for Sunday dinner, that means my sister and her 3 kids were round there.

The eldest two (8 and 11) were sitting down all day watching Conor McGregor fights on YouTube and telling me how he is going KO Floyd, I tried explaining to them why that won't happen but they were having none of it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Paulie has quit the training camp after two sessions after pictures were leaked.

First one shows McGregor flooring Paulie (Paulie says it was a push and that he actually beat the shit out of Conor)

He knows that Conor was the one that leaked them because only his official photographer was allowed into the sessions

He had literally touched down after a long flight and Dana White (think that's the dudes name) and all his cronies were there to meet Paulie and haul him straight off to a 12 round spa in front of the MMA fans

Or something like that, the circus continues.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link?

If that's true it's pretty funny

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Link?

If that's true it's pretty funny
    Tons of links and pics. I'll try posting one...(It is a bitch).

I actually created a new thread for this with a link and pics...but it crashed 3 times trying to post it, so I said screw it.

This is a great story as I hoped and suspected Paulie was outboxing him the sparring and now Paulie has said as much. He's screaming for the unedited footage of their most recent 12 round sparring match to be released.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/3...e-beat-his-ass
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie is a good assets to have in your camp. He can advise you and has great experience to share and I would have kept him especially with the money Colin will be earning.

However Paulie is finished as a fighter and if Colin is struggling with a retired fighter who got stopped by a domestic level fighter then how can Colin even compete with Floyd Mayweather?

This makes the fight even more pathetic than it is.

The levels of the fighters are so far apart.
    Last edited by Master; 08-05-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information