1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr-Avni Yildirim

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    @Primo Carnera Rocky fielding wouldn't beat Eubank

he really isn't that good

if the two of the fought id be surprised if it went more than a few rounds

and I didn't think smith was that impressive against Rebrasse, in fact it was a bit disappointing, he did alright
    Mate, we'll have to agree to differ on this one. Fielding isn't that great, but he's too good for Eubank, and what I was saying was that KO1 was a more impressive performance than what Eubank had done, which was your original point.
    I'll admit the AA fight was a long awaited step up for Eubank , but the guy is at this stage just a name. A shadow of his former self.
    fuck me , even just over a year ago Paul Smith gave him a tough fight and no disrespect to Paul Smith but that's not great.
    Callum Smith would BATTER Eubank Jr.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and Peopleโ€™s Champion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

and I didn't think smith was that impressive against Rebrasse, in fact it was a bit disappointing, he did alright
    Mate, we'll have to agree to differ on this one. Fielding isn't that great, but he's too good for Eubank, and what I was saying was that KO1 was a more impressive performance than what Eubank had done, which was your original point.
    I'll admit the AA fight was a long awaited step up for Eubank , but the guy is at this stage just a name. A shadow of his former self.
    fuck me , even just over a year ago Paul Smith gave him a tough fight and no disrespect to Paul Smith but that's not great.
    OK if you put both of their wins together and pick the best the fielding fight may come out on top

here's my list with your number 1

1. Fielding = Smith
    2. AA = Eubank
    3. O'Sullivan = Eubank
    4. Chudinov = Eubank
    5. Blackwell = Eubank
    6. Quinlan = Eubank

Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK if you put both of their wins together and pick the best the fielding fight may come out on top

1. Fielding = Smith
    2. AA = Eubank
    3. O'Sullivan = Eubank
    4. Chudinov = Eubank
    5. Blackwell = Eubank
    6. Quinlan = Eubank

Had you ever heard of Quintana before Eubank fought him. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Fielding = Smith
    2. AA = Eubank
    3. O'Sullivan = Eubank
    4. Chudinov = Eubank
    5. Blackwell = Eubank
    6. Quinlan = Eubank

Had you ever heard of Quintana before Eubank fought him. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    no

had you ever heard of rebresse before groves shut him out?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Fielding = Smith
    2. AA = Eubank
    3. O'Sullivan = Eubank
    4. Chudinov = Eubank
    5. Blackwell = Eubank
    6. Quinlan = Eubank

no

had you ever heard of rebresse before groves shut him out?
    Yeah. and Groves never shut him out. Rebrasse won some rounds and was very game. even the rounds he lost he had a go in.
    Here's my combined top 5 performances and I never said Fielding was his most impressive performance. all of mine are based on opponents that have competed at a higher level.

1. Smith v Mohoumadhi
    2. Smith v Rebrasse
    3. Eubank v AA
    4. Smith Sjekloca
    5. Smith v Fielding
    6. Eubank v Chudinov

O'Sullivan - Punchbag
    Blackwell - British Standard
    Quinlan - Aussie Standard (is that below British?)

I am Honestly disappointed that Groves picked Cox because I reckon Cox would beat Eubank.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and Peopleโ€™s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thinking about it JRs win over AA was decent wasn't it

alright AA was miles past his best and had already lost wide to that other fella

but JR won every round didn't he, only a couple of years ago AA was beating MM fairly comfortably , and had just beaten kransiki (spelling) comfortably

I think Eubank has a good chance in this competition
    I agree it was a good win, maybe a very good win, I think it certainly proves that eubank jr is certainly among the best in supermiddleweight... I am a long time abraham fan but I know he isnt that great, I do think he has been a worthy world champion(or 1/4 champ in the moden world of multiple belts) at the two weight classes he was champ in( super middle and middle). I think due to his rather odd overly defensive style and rather short arm length that when he comes up against someone better than him he will lose just about every round, which has happened in pretty much all of his defeats but you do have to be better than him and abraham has proved many times that he is a very tough and competent champion/1/4 champion, like you noted he gave krasniqi a good going over in the fight prior and he is good opposition, abraham also didnt look like he was miles past it in that fight too :S..... Anyway I think abraham is/was a very good fighter and eubank has proved he is definently close to the top with his dominating win.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just saw this video of Eubank Jr. "Grinding hard" for his upcoming clash at Mayweather's gym. It was shot in the stock room out the back for fucks sake !
    I'm just imagining the conversation between Eubank Sr. And Floyd.
    Eubank Sr. - Good day Floyd. Would it be pottthible for Chwistopher to video some training footage in you salubrious establishment kind sir?
    Floyd- Hey Chris, you a warrior and a champion and I respect that.
    Eubank Sr. - why thank you sir, always a pleasure . I doff my cap to you.
    Floyd- uh, yeah, ok........ I can let your son video in the gym for a discounted rate of $50.
    Eubank Sr. - oh dear, I'm afraid that's the amount of his purse for his lathst ppv on ITV. Could we perhaps do something a little less financially rethstwictive?
    Floyd - normally I'd like to help, but we a little bit busy at the moment with some real shit going on. I haven't got time to blow sunshine up yo boy's ass and pretend he a fighter. look , there's some tools out the back in the stock room , put yourself a bag up and take some shots. Hell , it ain't like he gunna damage the fuckin bag!
    Eubank Sr. - that would be perfectly adequate. I thank you for your kind hothspitality and bid you good day.
    Floyd - uh , yeah, whatever. Hey Dad, can you come and shoot the shit with this guy, I think you'll understand each other, you kinda speak the Same language.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember Sinan Samil Sam? He smashed up Danny Williams and Julius Francis
    That's the only Turkish fighter I can think of but he was a pretty good fighter.
    Last edited by GaMo; 08-13-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sinan Samil Sam was far more famous for being Jaxx's favourite fighter. Oktay Urkal was Turkish I think.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Aydin Turkish?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didn't Sam turn out to be a massive drug cheat?

and that fella who beat david price, tepper? wasn't he from turkey? and I read his failure was the pretty spectacular, there were more drugs in his system than human

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didn't Sam turn out to be a massive drug cheat?

and that fella who beat david price, tepper? wasn't he from turkey? and I read his failure was the pretty spectacular, there were more drugs in his system than human
    sinan sam didnt fail any drug tests, he was quite a big alky though and died when he was 41 S:, world amateur champion back in 1999... Teper certainly was, he was born in germany but clearly has turkish roots so you could certainly call him turkish, he was always representing germany though.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The battle for the inaugural 168lb (76,2 kg) Muhammad Ali Trophy comes to Stuttgart, Germany on October 7 when IBO-Champion Chris Eubank Jr. (25-1-0, 19 KOs) meets Turkish Avni Yildirim (16-0, 10 KOs) in a quarter-final bout at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle.

โ€œI am looking forward to fighting in Germany,โ€ said 27-year old Eubank Jr. โ€œIt really doesn't matter to me where I fight as long as I get the win that is all I care about. I have been training at Floyd Mayweatherโ€™s camp in the US the last weeks, and I could not have asked for better preparations before entering the World Boxing Super Series.โ€

26-year old Avni Yildirim from Istanbul, Turkey is excited about fighting in Stuttgart.

โ€œI am very happy that the fight is in Stuttgart because for me it is like a second Turkey and I am looking forward to entertaining the crowd,โ€ said Yildirim. โ€œTraining is going great, I know what I have to do. I have been training really hard, and I am fully focused on this."

โ€œIt is a great honour for me to be a part of this tournament. If I did not have the skills to win I would not be a part of the World Boxing Super Series and I believe I have what it takes to win,โ€ said Yildirim.

โ€œYildirimโ€™s chin has not been tested, I will test it to the absolute limit and if it has even the slightest bit of weakness he will not last six rounds,โ€ said Eubank Jr.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank JR does skip better without Ross hanging out of his arse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Murray had a case for victory in that Abraham fight and that was 2 years ago. The win was solid for Eubank Jr but nothing outstanding. Yildirim is a pit bull in there. Jr better bring his A game.
    This will be a good and competitive fight which I hope Junior wins and sets up a semi final fight against Groves.
    Better get a move on he's only got 3 days to get his passport off dad.

Thread Information