Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

Nice shirt El Kabong, Surprised to see you away from your desk for so long though - https://twitter.com/i/status/1168368379629060096
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once again Beanz compulsively drops my name in a random thread. He is addicted to outrage.

When it comes to hurricanes, why should I do anything to change? What am I going yo do to stop a hurricane? It is virtue signalling. If people want to have 3 grandchildren and live in energy hungry countries that is their decision, but I do far more for the environment by the decisions that I have already made and so I don't feel any real responsibility about this hurricane. Do I not recycle? Do I not do plenty of walking? What am I meant to do? Nothing really, so I do as I will.

I live within my means. I know someone who commutes to work by car 4 hours a day. People are doing all kinds of mad stuff. I am not to blame for anything and live simply, yet that now is apparently problematic. I am not jet setting everywhere like the super rich.

Yes, overpopulation is serious and it is not me adding to the plastic wastage or carbon footprint inordinately. Why not have a go at Al who flies all over the place? Or the companies that wrap everything in plastic? Or anyone who ever buys a chocolate Easter Egg?

You are damned if you stay in and read up on a topic and you are damned if you go for a meal. Thus when people paint someone as mental, you have to conclude that they are a bit mental.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing wrong with going out for a meal but there is no need to do so on a vintage coal powered Steam Roller. Bastard.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    There is nothing wrong with going out for a meal but there is no need to do so on a vintage coal powered Steam Roller. Bastard.
    Oh, but it is beef. The world will end in 12 years! The horror! Fuck off.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meanwhile, Dorian's death toll in the Bahamas is 21 and rising. Must be terrifying getting hit by a strong Cat 5, almost stationary hurricane.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Meanwhile, Dorian's death toll in the Bahamas is 21 and rising. Must be terrifying getting hit by a strong Cat 5, almost stationary hurricane.
    Was thinking about that. It literally stayed in one spot over a day. I sat in the Eastern eye of a 4 for a few hours and have to say it was terrifying. That railing noise all around, deafening. Simply cannot imagine sitting through those winds for 24+ and what they're going through.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres whats the weather is like right now in Sweden. Enjoy

El Kabong Guest

Scientist suggests eating human flesh to fight climate change
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/scient...mpression=true
    A Swedish scientist speaking at Stockholm summit last week offered an unusual possible tactic in combating global climate change: eating human flesh.

Stockholm School of Economics professor and researcher Magnus Soderlund reportedly said he believes eating human meat, derived from dead bodies, might be able to help save the human race if only a world society were to “awaken the idea.”

Soderlund’s argument for human cannibalism was front and center during a panel talk called “Can you Imagine Eating Human Flesh?” at the Gastro Summit, reports The Epoch Times. “Conservative” taboos against cannibalism, he said, can change over time if peoples simply tried eating human flesh.

..........okaaaaaaay

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now it's Tropical Storm Karen headed this way.

Someone should repave the Atlantic so these fuckers can make a sharp right turn when approaching the Caribbean, and disappear into that vast hurricane cemetery in the mid-Atlantic.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only way we are going to slow down climate change is to bomb China and India. China has coal mine fires that emit more co2 per year than we do as a nation. The whole thing is a bait and switch. China trying to destroy Puerto Rico

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well.... we're ready for 'em. Bring it on, I say. Gonna form a militia and hold military type exercises at the beach. That'll certainly scare 'em.

As for climate change... yeah... by now people must admit it's real. Not saying what's causing it... don't want to get into THAT argument. But it's real. Problem is that along with receding polar hairlines and shit.... climate change is also sure to bring more frequent and nastier hurricanes. Kinda wish Trump's wall were being built somewhere between West Africa and the Caribbean, where it would actually do some good. Illegal hurricanes would not be allowed in.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last night we felt a pretty good earthquake..... today we await Karen, which has strengthened to Tropical Storm status. Ho-hum...... never a dull moment around here lately.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long time coming but some cunt named 'CristoBalls' is already knocking over my plants. Looks like a good system to gauge City wide drainage ability but nothing serious. New Orleans is on borrowed time being below sea level. Feels like it's going to be a very active hurricane season.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starting to severely dislike this annual hurricane season.... ....... and wish this cyclical climate change would kick in (Niño..... Niña..... whatever), and bring us some good years of LOW ACTIVITY.

Seems like every year now is predicted to be "an active year" by the National Weather Service.

We could use a good lull.

Stay safe, Spicoli.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is 36 degrees and snowing at my house. We will probably get a couple of inches tonight.

Thread Information