Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Hey Randy hope you are safe buddy , your neck of the woods is getting battered right ?
    Hey thanks Al appreciate that. Simply put we got our ass kicked lol. I grabbed the bags and bugged out Sat. before landfall. Put 1k+ miles on the ride thru Fla. AL. Tennessee, South Carolina and stayed in more hotels than a Vegas 'working girl' . Something said don't play with that one and she nailed some sturdy parishes. Plaquemines, Houma, Lafitte Grand isle etc all tore up bad not to mention just drowning folks in the NE on the way to fookoffville. Locally about 60 percent of City with power back tonight but other areas will be in the dark until end of Sept. Got lucky really. Two trees down, half fence gone and roof got sheered a bit, some mold but still standing. The suddenness of Ida was surprising, she didn't waiver or linger in the Gulf. Popped up, took aim and rolled straight in. First time seeing one exactly like that. Always an interesting experience. Took an act of god to leave this place for two weeks .

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Hey Randy hope you are safe buddy , your neck of the woods is getting battered right ?
    Hey thanks Al appreciate that. Simply put we got our ass kicked lol. I grabbed the bags and bugged out Sat. before landfall. Put 1k+ miles on the ride thru Fla. AL. Tennessee, South Carolina and stayed in more hotels than a Vegas 'working girl' . Something said don't play with that one and she nailed some sturdy parishes. Plaquemines, Houma, Lafitte Grand isle etc all tore up bad not to mention just drowning folks in the NE on the way to fookoffville. Locally about 60 percent of City with power back tonight but other areas will be in the dark until end of Sept. Got lucky really. Two trees down, half fence gone and roof got sheered a bit, some mold but still standing. The suddenness of Ida was surprising, she didn't waiver or linger in the Gulf. Popped up, took aim and rolled straight in. First time seeing one exactly like that. Always an interesting experience. Took an act of god to leave this place for two weeks .

I saw you were planning to go to Florida and when you didn't check in I was thinking anything could have happened. Good that you dodged it.

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great Av and sad loss, Williams was just brilliant as Chalky White on Boardwalk!

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Great Av and sad loss, Williams was just brilliant as Chalky White on Boardwalk!
    I watched a couple of shows and I couldn't get away with it. I'm thinking about watching The Wire again.

Thread Information