Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  145
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 301 to 311 of 311

Thread: The Nasty Weather Thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #301
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,790
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1862
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    The only thing worse than getting threatened by a hurricane is having it named after Shrek's girlfriend.

    Man... if it wasn't for the several family birthdays in September... I'd already be hating on this month of the year.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    43,364
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4940
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The only thing worse than getting threatened by a hurricane is having it named after Shrek's girlfriend.

    Man... if it wasn't for the several family birthdays in September... I'd already be hating on this month of the year.
    Buckle up and hunker down bud but it's still getting its act together. Looked to be steering wnw, skirt south hopefully. Stay safe Tito.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    4,190
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    183
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread


  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,246
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2924
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Japan are having problems too, nine million people told to evacuate as super typhoon Nanmadol hits.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62952942
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    43,364
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4940
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Anyone have word or contact with Tito man? Hope they made it thru healthy. Seems we haven't learned much with the infrastructure and power on location and rain and flooding was reported as relentless. Hang in bro!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    4,190
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    183
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Anyone have word or contact with Tito man? Hope they made it thru healthy. Seems we haven't learned much with the infrastructure and power on location and rain and flooding was reported as relentless. Hang in bro!
    Did they get their power back running? And I saw there's another hurricane coming through that same area but it looks to be a little bit more southerly. Looks like it might hit the Cayman Islands or Jamaica

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,790
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1862
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Happy to be back on the air. Appreciate the concern and updates, fellas.

    Just got power back in my area last night. Still a long ways to go island-wide... and unfortunately there were some deaths and a lot of destruction. Hardest hit areas were the Southwest portion of the island, and the center, mountainous areas. Fiona became a Cat 1 hurricane just before landfall, it seems. But it also brought a TON of rain. At least one bridge was washed out (impressive videos of it... sign of the smart phone and Facebook age). Lots of landslides and such. It wasn't a Maria, of course. But it a surprising bit of damage. Lots of downed trees, which didn't help the power situation.

    Personally, we lost power early Sunday morning, and never got it back until late last night. Made do with a medium-sized generator I had bought for such an occasion . That... and a portable gas stovetop we pull out for emergencies.

    Woke up this morning to word from the neighbors that power was restored. So what do I do? Go thru my checklist.

    • Switch power from generator to city power.
    • Shut off generator.
    • Connect my electric water heater (tired of cold showers by now).
    • Check in with family and friends to see if they all got power back.
    • See whether I got Internet... and go into Saddo's (my passage back to normalcy)



    Feels good to be back. If nothing else, I can go back to watching and commenting on big fights... and hopefully kick back and watch some good NFL games this weekend.

    Cheers.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,790
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1862
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    @Spicoli buddy...

    Seems you keep copying us down here in P.R.

    Can't be without getting your own storm.



    Seriously, though... bummed to see that Ian is now making a beeline for your general area. I hope it veers off or better yet... implode! This hurricane season started off slowly and now seems bent on making up for lost time.

    Batten down and ride it out, my friend. Heaven knows you've gotten more than your share of storms in that area recently.



    As is sometimes the case in these strange weather times we live in.... it was amazing to see Fiona survive long enough to go beat up on eastern Canada, of all places

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,246
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2924
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    We will get the tail end of it here by the end of the week. It will be very blustery.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    43,364
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4940
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    @Spicoli buddy...

    Seems you keep copying us down here in P.R.

    Can't be without getting your own storm.



    Seriously, though... bummed to see that Ian is now making a beeline for your general area. I hope it veers off or better yet... implode! This hurricane season started off slowly and now seems bent on making up for lost time.

    Batten down and ride it out, my friend. Heaven knows you've gotten more than your share of storms in that area recently.



    As is sometimes the case in these strange weather times we live in.... it was amazing to see Fiona survive long enough to go beat up on eastern Canada, of all places
    Hey man I appreciate that . But we're well off in the Bayou. This went exactly as tracks predicted pretty much..which is nuts ..and the arc back East to Fort Meyers-Tampa is brutal. We weren't 100 percent sure until it came off of Cuba this morning, never are. Hope you're good on your end too as Ian just stacked on previous damage. Saw earlier power still fubar in large areas?!

    One more month and then we can collectively shake this hurricane season shat. You literally spend a few months waiting and watching, bags packed . Best of luck to Florida come tomorrow.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,790
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1862
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    @Spicoli buddy...

    Seems you keep copying us down here in P.R.

    Can't be without getting your own storm.



    Seriously, though... bummed to see that Ian is now making a beeline for your general area. I hope it veers off or better yet... implode! This hurricane season started off slowly and now seems bent on making up for lost time.

    Batten down and ride it out, my friend. Heaven knows you've gotten more than your share of storms in that area recently.



    As is sometimes the case in these strange weather times we live in.... it was amazing to see Fiona survive long enough to go beat up on eastern Canada, of all places
    Hey man I appreciate that . But we're well off in the Bayou. This went exactly as tracks predicted pretty much..which is nuts ..and the arc back East to Fort Meyers-Tampa is brutal. We weren't 100 percent sure until it came off of Cuba this morning, never are. Hope you're good on your end too as Ian just stacked on previous damage. Saw earlier power still fubar in large areas?!

    One more month and then we can collectively shake this hurricane season shat. You literally spend a few months waiting and watching, bags packed . Best of luck to Florida come tomorrow.

    Glad to read you won't be getting the brunt of Ian. Yeah... it looks like Tampa-Orlando are going to get the worst of it.

    Ian thankfully passed well south of us. But then curled up and hit Cuba. Once it gets west of Miami's longitude... it's gonna hit someone in the Gulf area.

    Past experience tells me we're almost out of the woods here in Puerto Rico. Then again, it's just wishful thinking on my part, hoping hurricanes can read a calendar and realize we're not supposed to get hit after the end of September.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
  2. Nasty MMA arm break - Not for the squeemish!!!
    By BIG H in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 01:05 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2022 Saddo Boxing - Boxing