Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Lyle, ahoy there! Get well inland! Buy cheese and bread and tomatoes. Extra mayo. No joke, Cat 5 looks sure now, sustained like 160 mph, ⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🔘🔲🔲🔠²
    I just read another warning against going inland to the mountains. They are now expecting all-time record flooding as the estimates are now up to 32 inches of rain.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck!

Lyle head up to NJ

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All those going to be affected take care. Why is it always around the time of big boxing matches.

No consideration.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I love the fact that Brock thinks Lyle would bother with a greenhouse, indoor growing tents have been around for decades, why grow outdoor when you can control everything? Even for ya tomatoes.
    Yeah tomatoes......that's the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Big truck coming Lyle, this one is fugly with attitude. You're in N.C right? Haven't tracked it but think pressure dropped and for a 4 that only intensifies the pucker-factor. Stay vigilant but above the guaranteed stress and turmoil over something we have -zero- control over. We simply move the hell out of the way..or we hunker in our bunker. Don't need to tell you as you've been there done that..but turn the friggin tv and news off for a good 24 hrs. I actually feel worse for the East coast than the Gulf as it's a flat out path in with far less sheer coming down. Don't forget the TP too..and the greenery. Keep us apprised and stay safe.

I just get these great birthday presents 17 years ago 9/11, this year Florence the slow moving cat 4 hurricane....lovely.

It's funny people are all worried about the Outer Banks "They're going to take the brunt of the storm".....well yeah they're the Outer Banks it's kinda their job to do that. If you're going to worry about something worry about the person who has enough money to put a multimillion dollar house on a moving island and not enough common sense to understand that it's a bad idea to do so.

It's times like this I wish I could do a minute by minute "Blow by Blow" as it were of Hurricane coverage...I've often thought about doing such on livestream YouTube, just pack up some greenery have a lil smoke sesh and answer questions and tell jokes.

"I tell ya folks, it's raining so hard the animals are starting to pair up"

"I'm not sure what the hell is going on in Cherokee but I can tell you one thing....they need to stop dancing IMMEDIATELY!" (You know....because they're Indians and their dancing brings rain.....just making sure it's not lost on anyone)

El Kabong Guest

If possible I'll do a little RBR for the big event....we'll see how it shakes out

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle you Moonbeam have a few Sticky Buds nice purple hairs ..... Pack up a few cheese sandwiches and head out to the coast and do some live streaming reports on this thing as it comes in.

El Kabong Guest

The coast will be heading my way soon enough

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle you better do a vegetable reduction with some of those smoked peppers and make a few pots of that stock so you have it ready. You can heat it up by candles. You can literally light three or four or five big candles underneath the of pot of that soup that you make and it will heat up pretty well

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Florence shows no sign of changing course..... DAMN. I'm telling you I'd love to have a giant hacksaw and just lop off the bump on Western Africa. It's a deadly hurricane factory. Some form elsewhere, but the deadliest ones come out of that area. Helene seems to be going nowhere, and Isaac should pass safely to the south of us. Feel bad for the Lesser Antilles islands who went through Maria and are now going through Isaac. Too soon.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I missed all this action as it is a thread about weather and in England people talk about weather and it is boring, so I wasn't reading. This weather looks far more interesting. Stay safe chaps. Don't get any weather like that out here. The odd monsoon, heat waves, that's it. Totally boring, but not as boring as England. All they talk about is the weather and there is nothing wrong with the weather there. They need a civil war or something to see how the real world is. They live in a bubble on that propaganda island. Heat wave? They haven't a clue!

El Kabong Guest

Well time to start my hurricane playlist....

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I missed all this action as it is a thread about weather and in England people talk about weather and it is boring, so I wasn't reading. This weather looks far more interesting. Stay safe chaps. Don't get any weather like that out here. The odd monsoon, heat waves, that's it. Totally boring, but not as boring as England. All they talk about is the weather and there is nothing wrong with the weather there. They need a civil war or something to see how the real world is. They live in a bubble on that propaganda island. Heat wave? They haven't a clue!

I was just mentioning to Lyle about how continental Europe has it pretty easy on catastrophic weather events. You never hear of any tornadoes... and it's way too far north for hurricanes or anything of the sort. Also, yeah... it would seem England wouldn't have heat waves that are too severe, as the ocean around it would tend to temper the temperatures a bit. You probably have the oddball storm every decade or so, I imagine. Right now there's Tropical Storm Helene aiming toward Europe... but it'll die off and peter out way before then.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well time to start my hurricane playlist....

I have a friend that flew from Prescott, Az, to some place in South Carolina to see Judas Priest open for Deep Purple last night. I wonder if he's going to get stuck there.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I have a friend that flew from Prescott, Az, to some place in South Carolina to see Judas Priest open for Deep Purple last night. I wonder if he's going to get stuck there.
    Deep Purple....perfect for the next song on the playlist!

Thread Information