Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

In light of that how do you manage whilst in Japan brother Brockton?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inshallah I give a quick and nearly imperceptible nod of the head.

At five foot six they think I am bowing

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Inshallah I give a quick and nearly imperceptible nod of the head.

At five foot six they think I am bowing
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Looks like Florence is headed right my way.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn Lyle.... I certainly hope it swerves north and avoids land altogether.... but right now doesn't look like it intends to do that. Hope it misses you bro.

Other than many family birthdays in September, I don't care much for the month. Damn hurricane factory off West Africa is churning out these damn things as usual. Isaac is coming in our general direction, but hopefully will pass to the south and it looks like it will have weakened to tropical storm strength as well.

Can't wait for October.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Damn Lyle.... I certainly hope it swerves north and avoids land altogether.... but right now doesn't look like it intends to do that. Hope it misses you bro.

Other than many family birthdays in September, I don't care much for the month. Damn hurricane factory off West Africa is churning out these damn things as usual. Isaac is coming in our general direction, but hopefully will pass to the south and it looks like it will have weakened to tropical storm strength as well.

Can't wait for October.
    Many thanks Tito, but I welcome the occasional storm I cannot tell you how many Yankees have been scared away from my state because of wind and rain (it hasn't been near enough though)

Now, to fully prepare.....water, batteries, radio, lantern, more booze than you can shake a stick at....oh damn, I need to call and get some green before shit gets serious.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You will be so high that you will probably try to camp out inside of a little green house next to your home grown tomatoes in your backyard with your tinfoil hat on and a ham radio trying to contact some kind of EVP out there in the Bermuda Triangle Maybe flight 45 or The Disappearance of Flight 19 out there somewhere over Cape Hatteras you fuking nut job, seriously Lisle, WTF this thing is going to be a category 5 in the next 18 to 24 hours and you are focused on .......πŸŒΏπŸŒΏπŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸŒΏπŸŒΏ πŸŒΏπŸš€πŸŒ€πŸŒ€πŸŒ€πŸŽ§πŸŽ§πŸŽ§

.......πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΎπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’ΊπŸ’ ΊπŸ’ΊπŸš€πŸš€β†—β†˜β†™β¬‡β¬…β†˜β†–β†©β€΄β†”β†ͺ↩⠀΅β†ͺβ€΄β†˜β†—β¬†β¬†β¬†β¬†

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    You will be so high that you will probably try to camp out inside of a little green house next to your home grown tomatoes in your backyard with your tinfoil hat on and a ham radio trying to contact some kind of EVP out there in the Bermuda Triangle Maybe flight 45 or The Disappearance of Flight 19 out there somewhere over Cape Hatteras you fuking nut job, seriously Lisle, WTF this thing is going to be a category 5 in the next 18 to 24 hours and you are focused on .......πŸŒΏπŸŒΏπŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸŒΏπŸŒΏ πŸŒΏπŸš€πŸŒ€πŸŒ€πŸŒ€πŸŽ§πŸŽ§πŸŽ§

.......πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΎπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’ΊπŸ’ ΊπŸ’ΊπŸš€πŸš€β†—β†˜β†™β¬‡β¬…β†˜β†–β†©β€΄β†”β†ͺ↩⠀΅β†ͺβ€΄β†˜β†—β¬†β¬†β¬†β¬†
    Predictions are it'll be a 4 ...LIKE YOUR MOM

Hahaha I kid. Yeah but it's supposed to be a category 4 and headed right at Wilmington....got to tell you if it's higher than a 2 that's when I start to pay attention. Granted deaths and destruction can occur even in gales much less actual hurricanes, but those typically happen to the ill prepared or those folks who are being stupid like surfing right before the storm comes in, those rip tides ain't nothing to mess with on a normal day.

I'll be fine, I'm far enough inland to really only be worried about tornadoes that spin off this sucker and flooding....those on the coast are the ones who are going to get it.

The last category 4 hurricane that hit North Carolina was Hazel in 1954 and that was a fuckin doozy so my parents tell me.

I won't be suffering like Tito did, but shit I'm hours away from the beach anyway I just don't want tornadoes and I don't want flooding.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw a report earlier today that had estimates for as much as two feet of rain, inland, as a result of this storm.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These damn things strengthen from one bulletin to the next. 130 mph at the 16:00 GMT bulletin, and now 140 mph at the 21:00 GMT bulletin. Warm water and favorable atmospheric conditions are like jet fuel for these monsters. Well.... stay safe, Lyle. These track predictions have come a long way in the last couple of decades, but it's still far enough away it could veer either way. North would be best... that way it avoids all land mass altogether. Good that you're far inland though. Once they smack into the U.S. coastline, they weaken just as fast or faster than they strengthened.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle my wife and I were just at Wilmington for 4 days during the last few days in June. There's a great seafood restaurant there called King Neptune those were the greatest bacon-wrapped scallops and crab cakes I ever had in my life. We bought a bag of wild North Carolina Shrimp which we just cooked last night and finish it up and I would say it's the best shrimp we ever had

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the fact that Brock thinks Lyle would bother with a greenhouse, indoor growing tents have been around for decades, why grow outdoor when you can control everything? Even for ya tomatoes.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's because Lyle is an absolute nut job tinfoil hat Mike cernovich Steve pieczenik kind of guy who doesn't have time for anything but expedited Services especially when it comes to ruler Foods and Goose liver pate and other kinds of Tarheel type vegetables in short notice just before Category 5

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big truck coming Lyle, this one is fugly with attitude. You're in N.C right? Haven't tracked it but think pressure dropped and for a 4 that only intensifies the pucker-factor. Stay vigilant but above the guaranteed stress and turmoil over something we have -zero- control over. We simply move the hell out of the way..or we hunker in our bunker. Don't need to tell you as you've been there done that..but turn the friggin tv and news off for a good 24 hrs. I actually feel worse for the East coast than the Gulf as it's a flat out path in with far less sheer coming down. Don't forget the TP too..and the greenery. Keep us apprised and stay safe.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, ahoy there! Get well inland! Buy cheese and bread and tomatoes. Extra mayo. No joke, Cat 5 looks sure now, sustained like 160 mph, β›”β›”β›”β›”β›”πŸš«πŸš«πŸš«πŸš«πŸš«πŸ”˜πŸ”²πŸ”²πŸ” ²

Thread Information