Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Glad you are safe which is the main thing.

It looked awful on the news.

Now what the generator that you have? 😀
They always look worse with the massive doppler's and neon tracks . I always tell local friends losing their mental shat to basically shut off the news 3,2 days out. Just track it yourself for much clearer picture and far less stress. With hurricanes you either move out of the way or prepare to hunker down in place, nothing else.
Speaks a man of experience. I would be crying and screaming looking at the news on TV.

In New Orleans a Category 1 could still be dangerous, they're below sea level, a storm surge floods N.O. hell a good sized Thunderstorm could do that a hurricane most definitely. Typically a Category 1 storm won't be anything but a glorified thunderstorm, the worst thing it could do is spawn a series of large tornadoes.

The key is to know your topography, know how water drains in your general area, know where the water goes, know how much water represents a problem, and also know about what wind damage means for you....will a tree or two being down block you in or out of your neighborhood? Also if you're on the oceanfront/ocean adjacent, is the storm making landfall at high or low tide because that will effect storm surge.

Also have water, a generator, food, something for warmth, a radio, first aid, and a phone (and booze) at the ready.
Spicoli needs a companion too.
I reckon right now he'd want somebody more agreeable than me and of a different gender....but whatever, I'll tip a glass for the man