Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    It is 36 degrees and snowing at my house. We will probably get a couple of inches tonight.
    Totally bizarre. It was 103 degrees Fahrenheit today here. And that's with 50% humidity so it felt like 109 degrees Fahrenheit. For all you metric system dudes out there we are talking about 42 degrees Centigrade.

I actually just ran 20 Sprint's and did 60 push-ups at 40 sit-ups right smack-dab in the middle of the sunlight and made a video of it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    It is 36 degrees and snowing at my house. We will probably get a couple of inches tonight.
    Totally bizarre. It was 103 degrees Fahrenheit today here. And that's with 50% humidity so it felt like 109 degrees Fahrenheit. For all you metric system dudes out there we are talking about 42 degrees Centigrade.

I actually just ran 20 Sprint's and did 60 push-ups at 40 sit-ups right smack-dab in the middle of the sunlight and made a video of it.
    The humidity in that part of the world is crazy.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A solid 4 inches of snow last night and still falling.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heavy snowfalls up north and Cristobal coming ashore down south. Never a dull moment in stateside weather.......

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way 2020 has been going, we should expect all kinds of nutty weather.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up on the Butte hill, which is just over a mile from me but over 1000 feet higher, they got 14 inches of snow. On Friday it is expected to be 80 degrees.
    June is always a fun month weatherwise.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up on the Butte hill, which is just over a mile from me but over 1000 feet higher, they got 14 inches of snow. On Friday it is expected to be 80 degrees.
    looks like you could go up to the top of that hill and bring back a few hundred pounds of snow and stand on the corner downtown selling snow cones.

I'm serious

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

looks like you could go up to the top of that hill and bring back a few hundred pounds of snow and stand on the corner downtown selling snow cones.

I'm serious
    The snow has pretty much melted already. That real wet spring snow is very heavy and it melts very quickly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Heavy snowfalls up north and Cristobal coming ashore down south. Never a dull moment in stateside weather.......
    'Cristobal' sounds like some glorified flamenco dancer who has an elevated opinion of himself. Pretty fortunate we had it more that half surrounded with massive 'dry air' from the North. Some strong rain bands yesterday and your standard 6' to 1 foot of standing water for half the day until the pumps caught up otherwise just a dry run. The outer barriers-man made sand dune levees down in Grand Isle were wiped out though. Large areas of this region are very much on borrowed time should a Cat1-2-3 come direct.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    'Cristobal' sounds like some glorified flamenco dancer who has an elevated opinion of himself. Pretty fortunate we had it more that half surrounded with massive 'dry air' from the North. Some strong rain bands yesterday and your standard 6' to 1 foot of standing water for half the day until the pumps caught up otherwise just a dry run. The outer barriers-man made sand dune levees down in Grand Isle were wiped out though. Large areas of this region are very much on borrowed time should a Cat1-2-3 come direct.
    I saw 27 drainage pumps have been working. Between Jefferson and Corps of Engineers 17 portable emergency pumps too. But is it normal that the Town of Grand Isle has only 10 pump stations that are in place and working?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..... here we (fucking) go again.

Hurricane season was apparently in a hurry to make an entrance this year.

We're not even out of July yet and already several storms have made their presence known. Right now we're feeling the effects of newly named Tropical Storm Isaias (nice touch with the Spanish version of Isaiah).

Thankfully not much wind... but a hell of a lot of rain and should be that way for the next two days, seeing as to how Isaias is a very large system.

The center is passing to the south of us, but doesn't really make a hell of a lot of difference with a storm of that size.

I'm thinking the neighboring Dominican Republic is about to get all sorts of rain and some pretty good wind gusts... and it's anybody's guess what Isaias will do after that.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Haiti

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big bag of suck..man I cannot express how tired I am dealing with hurricanes. TitoFan got your eyes wide open bud? Apparently now we get to experience storm system in pairs ffs..two lined up back to back rolling in around Sun-Monday. Woohoo

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw 27 drainage pumps have been working. Between Jefferson and Corps of Engineers 17 portable emergency pumps too. But is it normal that the Town of Grand Isle has only 10 pump stations that are in place and working?
    Grand Isle is on borrowed time as are the lower lying outer banks of City. Grand is literally an island with one highway and post Katrina the protective wetlands aka storm buffer have been badly eroded. The manmade dunes and fencing might as well be castles made of sand..melt into the sea..just had a Hendrix moment. Anyway they're basically sitting out chin in the air, any system with substance and surge should send the 1,200+ inland but people down here don't budge, spook or deter easily.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big bag of suck..man I cannot express how tired I am dealing with hurricanes. TitoFan got your eyes wide open bud? Apparently now we get to experience storm system in pairs ffs..two lined up back to back rolling in around Sun-Monday. Woohoo

I hear ya bro.

As if the current year weren't bad enough..... now it seems hurricane season has gotten off to a running start.

Some projections have the Gulf of Mexico getting walloped by a one-two punch from Laura and TD 14 (whatever they decide to name it).

Laura should be either skirting us or hitting us sometime this weekend before moving on.

"TIRING" is the right word for it, man.

Thread Information