Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Next up.."Zeta". Whatever the f that is. Moving at a good clip and snuck up on us a bit. Time to play that game we call "who's the dumbarses who go to work tomorrow with no guarantee of getting back home before landfall" . On a a good note went to 'stock up' at stores and literally needed nothing at this point in the year. At All. Bought a watermelon, a pumpkin and a gallon of coffee ice cream .

WTF??

Damn Spic... the Gulf coast has gotten absolutely HAMMERED this year!

More specifically, the Louisiana Gulf coast. Here we are closing in on November and the damn storms are STILL coming off the assembly line.

"Zeta" is the Spanish word for "Z"... which is odd because I thought they were still on Greek letters.

Well... looked it up and it seems they still have "Eta" and "Theta" before they run out of Greek names also... and will probably have to go to numbers.

Either that... or start using "bad words" for future names.
    Yeh it's hauling arse. Went from landfall expected late Thursday to 5 pm tomorrow all in a nights sleep. The Gulf coast is now a literal pinball machine, systems form hit or miss you fellas and then fly right through the 'flippers' that are Cuba and Yucatan peninsula to bounce around god knows where. A day in the life bro

Never thought about Cuba and Yucatan as "flippers" in the Gulf of Mexico "pinball machine"... but I'll be damned if you look at the map and all the storms that have chugged their way through there... and that's exactly what it looks like.

Don't know whether you've taken any hits, but good luck out there... and hopefully the storm factory closes for the year before the WMO (I thought is was the NOAA) gets pissed off and starts using names like Shithead and Fuckoff.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elsa coming and she looks hangry. First hurricane of the season "Elsa" sounds more like a divorcee who walks around a cheap Motel collecting weekly rent but yet another early start. @TitoFan good luck and buckle up mane

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got close to fifty degrees here, no idea what that is in barbaric American measurmeant, terrible temperatures though passed the all time Canadian record by 4.5 degrees... I'm just glad global warming is nothing to worry about according to some people.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Got close to fifty degrees here, no idea what that is in barbaric American measurmeant, terrible temperatures though passed the all time Canadian record by 4.5 degrees... I'm just glad global warming is nothing to worry about according to some people.
    They are watering the steel bridges in Seattle. Absolutely insane weather in British Colombia too. Hope you stay underground in the basement and keep cool.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elsa coming and she looks hangry. First hurricane of the season "Elsa" sounds more like a divorcee who walks around a cheap Motel collecting weekly rent but yet another early start. @TitoFan good luck and buckle up mane

Same to you, my friend. Elsa passed safely to the south of us... but there's always that sinking feeling that when a hurricane takes that path... someone somewhere is going to get it. In this case, it looks like Cuba and the west coast of Florida. Forecasts say it has weakened back to tropical storm status and shouldn't strengthen from there... but TS is still damaging, both from wind and rain.

It's a bit ominous that here we are in the "E's", and it's only the 4th of July. Hopefully you'll be spared up in your neck of the woods.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They are watering the steel bridges in Seattle. Absolutely insane weather in British Colombia too. Hope you stay underground in the basement and keep cool.
    I don't have a basement... I should start digging, the temperatures have eased of a bit now, still around 30 though, quite a lot of wildfires too, lytton which set the record (49.6) has pretty much burned down, of course the fire started from something else(maybe a spark from a train) but when it's so hot and dry the area is just ready to catch fire.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://apnews.com/article/canada-he...1477ef30951610

The weather IS insane. Everywhere. It's so unevenly divided, too.
    Droughts in California (as usual), while the Eastern seaboard (and the Caribbean) are gearing up for yet another active hurricane season, which means intense storms with the winds and rains they always bring.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elsa twated herself out rolling over Cuba and lands as quick upgraded hurricane 1 but bad indicator for the season. Best thing was that she was really moving fast from start to landfall. It's been raining for the last 8 days here some heavy some light but saturated. They're actually using inflatable and water levees in some BF spots a few months ago . Said it before but if we see anything close to last year then I see a U Haul in my future. The Gulf want's it back.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this video of a mudslide in Japan a few days ago. At least 19 people missing after disaster in town of Atami west of Tokyo. Very scary.

https://news.sky.com/story/japan-mud...tokyo-12347717

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perfect timing Ida you ugly hag. I think I'm due for an extended vacation in Destin Fl anyway. Have to say this one sort of just crept up stalker style. But if you show me a Cat 4 and I salute and walk the other direction. Of course we've seen it before but this has a certain feel. If that's a thing . Rule #1..no sleeping in a Walmart parking lot or trying to shower with a carwash sprayer this time because of zero hotels . Ah memories. Should be a hoot.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perfect timing Ida you ugly hag. I think I'm due for an extended vacation in Destin Fl anyway. Have to say this one sort of just crept up stalker style. But if you show me a Cat 4 and I salute and walk the other direction. Of course we've seen it before but this has a certain feel. If that's a thing . Rule #1..no sleeping in a Walmart parking lot or trying to shower with a carwash sprayer this time because of zero hotels . Ah memories. Should be a hoot.

Thought about you as Ida was churning up the Gulf. Doesn't help how the Gulf is basically a welcoming funnel for any system that goes to the west of Florida. Someone is automatically assured a hit. Damn the western protrusion of NW Africa and how it seems to spit out these systems factory-style. It used to be one maybe two systems in the Atlantic at any one time. Now it's four or five. Down here we're now entering our least favorite month of the year (weather-wise anyway). I'll breathe a little sigh of relief come October 1st, although technically hurricane season isn't over till end of November.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Spicoli without power? I saw a lot of fellows in that area were affected... A power cut is better than some of the pictures I saw :S.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Randy hope you are safe buddy , your neck of the woods is getting battered right ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The outskirts of New York have been hit very hard and 45 have died with record rainfall.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58429853

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The outskirts of New York have been hit very hard and 45 have died with record rainfall.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58429853

Hurricane Ida reminds me very much of Hurricane Sandy back in 2012. These systems rarely get up to New York of New Jersey... but Sandy wreaked havoc in those areas mainly due to the rain. It's usually not the destructive Cat 4 winds we get in the tropics or over in the Gulf... but the rain creates its own damage.

Thread Information