Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Huge List of Trump's accomplishments to-date, which the Media will never report:

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Huge List of Trump's accomplishments to-date, which the Media will never repo

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Tax reform doesn't lower taxes. It keeps the overall tax take the same but changes who pays for it. The last tax reform was in 1986. Reagan put up taxes on low/middle income people and cut business/corporate taxes, telling Americans that this would result in supercharged economic growth that would shower them all with broadly shared prosperity. (Reagan actually raised taxes on low/middle income people twelve times in eight years including the single biggest tax increase in American history which led to this:

Yeah.)

Anyway, tax reform then led to the worst period of economic growth since WW2 for the end of Reagan's term and all through Bush 41's term. It didn't pick up again till Clinton raised taxes in 1993 and growth returned to normal. So you're trebly wrong on that one statement. Even Reagan's gigantic tax cut did nothing to help the economy. Reagan made the biggest cut in history by about ten times in 1981 and the unemployment rate jumped from seven to eleven percent.
    With the cannabis thing I'm just pointing out Sessions has no intention of ending the war on drugs. He's going to do the opposite, not just with cannabis.

And once again, all I do is comment on current events. I could post endless stuff about Trump every day and I don't bother. Remember back when Obama was prez and you started endless threads and made endless posts about what a shit job Obama was doing. I haven't done anything like that. You post more about Hillary than I do about Trump.
    Tax reform doesn't lower taxes. It keeps the overall tax take the same but changes who pays for it.
    That's some of the dumbest posting you have ever done AND it's completely, I say, I say, COMPLETELY out of left field...I never said anything about what tax reform does all I said was it would be good if Trump did it because it's what he promised. And in the second sentence you've just refuted what you asserted in the first sentence.

Durrrrr durrrrrr I don't watch videos....Yes I'm well aware of HW Bush being torpedoed by the Congressional Democrats

Yada yada yada yada when do you get to JFK awww you don't?!?!?! Golly gee I wonder why

And I'm pointing out if Sessions moves forward on what you say he's going to do well then there will be a LOT of trouble, a LOT of trouble because that has been a huge boon to the states where it's legalized.

Member your posts about Obama, MEMBER? You post more bout Hillary MEMBER? I don't MEMBER typing the exact same thing in the previous post so I'll do it again.
    You said tax reform is lowering taxes. Now you're claiming you didn't. JFK trax cuts did nothing to improve economic growth, growth picked up due to interest rate cuts made at the same time. Reagan cut taxes and unemployment jumped four percent. Didn't fall/economic growth didn't start till interest rates fell. Interest rates are what changes things up with the economy, not tax cuts. I've explained this in much more detail before but little shelf.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Huge List of Trump's accomplishments to-date, which the Media will never repo

Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees

WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials, under pressure from the White House to provide a rationale for reducing the number of refugees allowed into the United States next year, rejected a study by the Department of Health and Human Services that found that refugees brought in $63 billion more in government revenues over the past decade than they cost.
    The draft report, which was obtained by The New York Times, contradicts a central argument made by advocates of deep cuts in refugee totals as President Trump faces an Oct. 1 deadline to decide on an allowable number. The issue has sparked intense debate within his administration as opponents of the program, led by Mr. Trump’s chief policy adviser, Stephen Miller, assert that continuing to welcome refugees is too costly and raises concerns about terrorism.
    Advocates of the program inside and outside the administration say refugees are a major benefit to the United States, paying more in taxes than they consume in public benefits, and filling jobs in service industries that others will not. But research documenting their fiscal upside — prepared for a report mandated by Mr. Trump in a March presidential memorandum implementing his travel ban — never made its way to the White House. Some of those proponents believe the report was suppressed.
    The internal study, which was completed in late July but never publicly released, found that refugees “contributed an estimated $269.1 billion in revenues to all levels of government” between 2005 and 2014 through the payment of federal, state and local taxes. “Overall, this report estimated that the net fiscal impact of refugees was positive over the 10-year period, at $63 billion.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

****EVERYTHING HAS A POSITIVE SIDE******* that doesnt mean we Americans want illegals here.

Period, yo.

Period.

El Kabong Guest

You said tax reform is lowering taxes. Now you're claiming you didn't. JFK trax cuts did nothing to improve economic growth, growth picked up due to interest rate cuts made at the same time. Reagan cut taxes and unemployment jumped four percent. Didn't fall/economic growth didn't start till interest rates fell. Interest rates are what changes things up with the economy, not tax cuts. I've explained this in much more detail before but little shelf.
    Depending on how tax reform is done it lowers what SOME PEOPLE pay...somebody once said "but changes who pays for it." But I forget who that was.

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/12/244772...ower-tax-rates

Virtually all agree that in the short run, his policies did contribute to that golden era of the mid-1960s when the United States was enjoying one of the most robust economic expansions in history.

Sure thing Kirk....but I mean keep being a contrarian because that look is so you.

Well here's a GREAT Trump accomplishment!
    Palestinian activist deported to Jordan from Chicago
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...919-story.html

....well now maybe Teresa Crawford of the Associated Press thinks Rasmea Odeh is a Palestinian """"Activist"""" but most folk will agree that she's a terrorist and Huzzah for Trump sending her ass packing. NEXT!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depending on how tax reform is done it lowers what SOME PEOPLE pay...somebody once said "but changes who pays for it." But I forget who that was.

Virtually all agree that in the short run, his policies did contribute to that golden era of the mid-1960s when the United States was enjoying one of the most robust economic expansions in history.

Sure thing Kirk....but I mean keep being a contrarian because that look is so you.

....well now maybe Teresa Crawford of the Associated Press thinks Rasmea Odeh is a Palestinian """"Activist"""" but most folk will agree that she's a terrorist and Huzzah for Trump sending her ass packing. NEXT!
    But you didn't say it lowered taxes on some people. You said lowered taxes full stop. Apples and oranges..

JFK's tax cut was done when tax cuts are supposed to be made -- at the start of a recession. That's been standard economic practice since the Depression. They're supposed to be kept for times when you need them, not when you're in the middle of an economic expansion and there's still a deficit.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But you didn't say it lowered taxes on some people. You said lowered taxes full stop. Apples and oranges..

JFK's tax cut was done when tax cuts are supposed to be made -- at the start of a recession. That's been standard economic practice since the Depression. They're supposed to be kept for times when you need them, not when you're in the middle of an economic expansion and there's still a deficit.
    You have no clue of economics, what an ass. #harshwordstowardskirk

El Kabong Guest

Donald Trump tweet from 4/23/13 Sexting Pervert @anthonyweiner has returned to twitter. Parents of all underage girls should BLOCK him immediately!

Thread Information