Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

I fucking GAVE you other reasons why he's being blackballed as well..... but you just stored that information where the sun don't shine.
    So tell me....... why should I bother continuing the argument when you selectively read to suit your pleasure?
    The other reason was that the owners are cowardly, all 32 of them. So evidence of that or just an accusation?

You don't have to argue at all with me, that is completely up to you.

Well... if you were 3-16 in your last starts as QB, and those were YOUR ONLY starts in the NFL, I'd tell you to go take a hike. However, if you had been a proven good QB and had led your team to the Super Bowl at some point, I'd be open to giving you a break. How's that for an answer? Not good enough? Tough shit.
    That's a fine answer, why are you being so hostile when all I am doing is asking questions and also providing my view of things? Does my view, my opinion, piss you off that badly?

See: "Selective Reading" above. As in........ QUIT FUCKING DOING IT.
    Sorry racist AND COWARDLY.....because that makes a gigantic difference

Touched a nerve, huh? You see, without being insulting or condescending, I told you in few words that I think you group too many people together because of your own disdain for certain beliefs. It's wrong, it's unfair, it's shortsighted... and the fact is you know it. Hence the "thank you", I guess. Well, what can I say. You're welcome.
    Alright, you are certainly free to have that opinion and spread it far and wide. I don't much mind.

I'll take "somebody apathetic to the struggles of others" for $500, Alex. Yes. That would be an apt description when it comes to black people with an honest beef. Not black people in general. I don't think in those terms. Just those who have been wrongfully discriminated, shot, beaten, fired, etc, etc, etc. Individual cases, Lyle. Individual cases. Racial profiling. Pulling over black doctors or lawyers just because they're black. Shit like that. Don't have to go into details, right Lyle? Please say no. But yeah. That chip on the shoulder is the size of Gibraltar.
    Well if that is how you think of me then I guess that is just how you're going to think of me and I'll just let it be that way.

Now you're losing it, Lyle. Sign of not having anything new to say.... so you go off the deep end, throw up your hands in desperation.... and close your eyes and ears to anything else. Then go into a nonsensical rant. Cool. By the way, are you sure the NFL and ESPN ratings would nosedive? Just sayin'
    Football isn't football anymore it's a stage to declare your politics ONLY if you have "the right" politics. You can't hit a "defenseless player" anymore, you can't hit in the head anymore, you can barely play the game properly within the rules and then you want to shit on the nation which hosts and houses the biggest/best football league in the world? Well ok then. The ratings ARE dying already Tito it's not because Kaepernick hasn't been signed it's because fans of the game (black brown red white etc) want to escape from the world of politics and current events they want to lose themselves in a game just for a little while, but I guess that just isn't allowed anymore, EVERYTHING is political now and people are not having fun watching ESPN or the NFL anymore because they feel shamed. They feel shamed by players (multi-million dollar players!) they feel shamed for saying or not saying something, they feel shamed for what their own politics are or are not.....why subject yourself to that?

You think the average Cop doesn't enjoy football? Not the Krazy Killa Kopz that we ALL know are out there HUNTING young minorities to shoot and shake down because ooooh what fun that is! No, the average guy who is just trying to do the job, maybe he's a Black cop, maybe he's a Hispanic cop, maybe he's an Asian cop maybe he comes from an era and a neighborhood where he grew up looking up to respecting cops and believing he could make a difference not in the world, but in a community, maybe to the world of a youngster....think THAT guy wants to go home or go to a bar, watch the game and see this?

Do you think that makes him happy? Does it make him really want to get out there and feel pride for his community and get to know the people at a game or tailgate? Or do you think it makes him want to just shut himself off from that?

There's a lot of things I think could help this nation heal some divides which have been stoked up these recent years, but apparently that is not worthy of discussion it's Colin Kaepernick needs to be signed or else_____. That'll heal this country? That'll stop racism? That'll stop "rogue cops"? That'll stop violence? How about the nation coming together, leaving politics at the turnstile and just watching a fucking game and being allowed to enjoy themselves? Nah, I suppose that just won't be enough.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Now @TitoFan don't go trying to think my tone is that of an angry rabid gorilla...I'm completely calm, frustrated maybe but calm. Other than that I'm asking for you to clarify your position on just what box you're wanting to fit me in to....I would like to hope you don't think of me as racist but then again the accusations are tossed around with such ease these days I can't be certain.

Think about what it takes to be called a "White Supremacist" these days or a "Nazi".....it doesn't take much, fucking Ben Shapiro is an Orthodox Jew and he's been called a "Nazi" soooo I'm just trying to ask questions which get you to explain further what you actually mean, and where you think I fit on your whatever...board of kinds of people

I only now saw this, so I'll address it.

No boxes, Lyle. I'm not trying to fit you into any box. In the last post I said you were apathetic toward those with some sort of struggle, because of the choices you gave me, that was the one I saw as being the closest. I've never accused you of being racist, because I don't believe you are. Any more than I'm not racist either.

But you continue to focus on those who do race problems a disservice. You bring up cases like Schilling.... now you mention Shapiro.... YES.... there are extreme cases of people wanting to rush and put a label on everybody. Hell.... I've said some things that would probably get me labeled a racist myself. For instance, I dislike the term "African-American". I use the word "black". That's what I grew up with..... that's what I'll continue using. Some would call me racist. I'm not. I'm just against ridiculousness, no matter where it comes from.

Sometimes I don't think you get me. I don't like excesses of any kind. And I'm particularly frustrated at those blacks you just lay back and grin and say..... "yeah... racism, baby. Just give me everything I want, 'cause you know...... racism." All they do is destroy what is honestly a real issue. What do you think, that just because the government demands certain percentages of blacks, women, and just plain minorities to be part of organizational structures.... that that just makes everything ok? No. We feel the same about quotas. We hate them. But for different reasons. Racism will always exist, because ignorance will always exist. Maybe you're college educated and open-minded about a lot of things. But you have to know there's lots of pockets of backward, ignorant, totally racist people who'd sooner run over a black person than to try to get to know them.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Now @TitoFan don't go trying to think my tone is that of an angry rabid gorilla...I'm completely calm, frustrated maybe but calm. Other than that I'm asking for you to clarify your position on just what box you're wanting to fit me in to....I would like to hope you don't think of me as racist but then again the accusations are tossed around with such ease these days I can't be certain.

Think about what it takes to be called a "White Supremacist" these days or a "Nazi".....it doesn't take much, fucking Ben Shapiro is an Orthodox Jew and he's been called a "Nazi" soooo I'm just trying to ask questions which get you to explain further what you actually mean, and where you think I fit on your whatever...board of kinds of people

No boxes, Lyle. I'm not trying to fit you into any box. In the last post I said you were apathetic toward those with some sort of struggle, because of the choices you gave me, that was the one I saw as being the closest. I've never accused you of being racist, because I don't believe you are. Any more than I'm not racist either.

But you continue to focus on those who do race problems a disservice. You bring up cases like Schilling.... now you mention Shapiro.... YES.... there are extreme cases of people wanting to rush and put a label on everybody. Hell.... I've said some things that would probably get me labeled a racist myself. For instance, I dislike the term "African-American". I use the word "black". That's what I grew up with..... that's what I'll continue using. Some would call me racist. I'm not. I'm just against ridiculousness, no matter where it comes from.

Sometimes I don't think you get me. I don't like excesses of any kind. And I'm particularly frustrated at those blacks you just lay back and grin and say..... "yeah... racism, baby. Just give me everything I want, 'cause you know...... racism." All they do is destroy what is honestly a real issue. What do you think, that just because the government demands certain percentages of blacks, women, and just plain minorities to be part of organizational structures.... that that just makes everything ok? No. We feel the same about quotas. We hate them. But for different reasons. Racism will always exist, because ignorance will always exist. Maybe you're college educated and open-minded about a lot of things. But you have to know there's lots of pockets of backward, ignorant, totally racist people who'd sooner run over a black person than to try to get to know them.
    THE WORD RACISM IS A CROCK OF SHIT. racism means you dont like something. we are all allowed to not like whatever we want to not like. if someone doesnt like Armenians I would not call it racism. If someone doesnt like Chinese, I wouldnt call it racism. Fuck that. You can dislike or hate what you want. Its not ignorant to dislike or hate, it is your RIGHT.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

THE WORD RACISM IS A CROCK OF SHIT. racism means you dont like something. we are all allowed to not like whatever we want to not like. if someone doesnt like Armenians I would not call it racism. If someone doesnt like Chinese, I wouldnt call it racism. Fuck that. You can dislike or hate what you want. Its not ignorant to dislike or hate, it is your RIGHT.
    No it doesn't. It means you deem some races to be something you can grade as inferior or superior. It means you think that not all races are deserving of equal respect. It means that though you are an ignorant blow hard ( or more than likely just like playing the part) that has nothing to do with the fact that you are white (Armenian heritage as classified by Franz Boas in the American courts) or Caucasian ( as accepted by most people), that is not why you often act like a dick.

It may be your right to dislike or hate certain races ,but it is still ignorant because it ignores reality.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I called Merriam-Webster saying that one of our forum members said that the word "racism" is a crock of shit, and that racism means "you don't like something", but after the laughter died down, they said some unflattering things about said member and sent me this:

Definition of racism

1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2 a :a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
    b :a political or social system founded on racism
    3 :racial prejudice or discrimination

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

]Every human being has the right to deem or opine that certain people or certain races or certain animals or certain vegetables or certain planets or certain trees are better than other animals or plants or trees or vegetables or people are races. You cannot remove the right of Someone to differentiate between things as he or she sees fit. You people are nuts. But keep trying to label

El Kabong Guest

NFL Ratings Week 2: Second-Straight Low For CBS
    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017...ship-week-two/

Anthem protests led poll of reasons viewers tuned out
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...uned-nfl-games

The average person watches football to escape the everyday struggles...making football political is killing the sport, making sports political is killing ESPN

El Kabong Guest

And like clockwork....FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR left NY Times fans the flames of contact sports ESPECIALLY FOOTBALL being bad

Aaron Hernandez Found to Have Severe C.T.E.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/s...cte-brain.html

This is how football dies

El Kabong Guest

Thursday night, ready for kickoff!!!!!

Are ya ready for some FOOT-BALL

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donald Trump has exposed the NFL for what they are a bunch of cowards to be bending there will need to be bending their traditions to accommodate the whack-job Marxist thugs called black lives matter

El Kabong Guest

So the entire league (bar Army Ranger and veteran of 1,2...3 tours in Afghanistan Alejandro Villanueva) doing the #TakeTheKnee protest kind of takes the wind out of the sails for the argument that Colin Kaepernick isn't playing in the NFL because he's black or because he started the whole taking a knee deal.

But hey the far lefties like David 'Chicken Vagina Lips' Corn of Mother Jones have grabbed on to this protest and are now saying "The kneel will be the sign of the resistance to Trump".......sooooo you're kneeling in front of a leader.......kneeling, like he's a king? Gee that'll show him

El Kabong Guest

According to the WashPost database, 721 fatal police shootings so far in 2017; 9 involved unarmed black males..

El Kabong Guest

The Baltimore Ravens who #TakeTheKnee for the 'National Anthem' stood in reverence for 'God Save The Queen'.....who conducted part of that Transatlantic Slave trade again? Ummmm could it have been ENGLAND?

El Kabong Guest

‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests
    http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins...bc-1202176141/

In metered market numbers, the primetime matchup that saw the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10 snared an 11.6/20, the worst SNF has performed this season so far. It’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s game, Atlanta’s 34-23 win over Green Bay. Amid cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of the SNF season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

Well.......well.....................well

El Kabong Guest

And imagine my shock

Thread Information