Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

It is nonsense. Even with the GGG/Canelo fight you have anthems and not only the anthems but the US anthem too. So, we now have to have an anthem for the place where the robbery is about to be carried out? Why have an anthem for fighters anyway? As a fighter I would not be fighting for Queen and country either. What about my non-British supportes like Walrus? No anthems. You know how some fighters are awkward over nonsense like coming out first? Well, it is about time a fighter refused to bother with anthems before a fight. It is cheap nonsense designed to prey upon primitive feelings. When I hear the British anthem I think of Tories, food bands and hedge funders. I won't celebrate that. Good on rich people deciding that they have a conscience after all.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It is nonsense. Even with the GGG/Canelo fight you have anthems and not only the anthems but the US anthem too. So, we now have to have an anthem for the place where the robbery is about to be carried out? Why have an anthem for fighters anyway? As a fighter I would not be fighting for Queen and country either. What about my non-British supportes like Walrus? No anthems. You know how some fighters are awkward over nonsense like coming out first? Well, it is about time a fighter refused to bother with anthems before a fight. It is cheap nonsense designed to prey upon primitive feelings. When I hear the British anthem I think of Tories, food bands and hedge funders. I won't celebrate that. Good on rich people deciding that they have a conscience after all.
    @ghandi how is the South Korean anthem? Do they thank America in it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't know. I have little time for anthems unless they are sung by an Indie Rock God.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't know. I have little time for anthems unless they are sung by an Indie Rock God.
    I would rather have woody Guthries this land is your land as our anthem
    http://tinyurl.com/y92rwlh3

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    May as well just sing the State Anthem of the Soviet Union

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles wants it both ways Gandalf I agree that everything should be complete freedom and I have always advocated going back to the Stone Age when you could do anything you want and there were no municipalities or laws at all. Total Anarchy and stone age is what I would pick above all other forms where Only the Strong Survive or the smart or the strong and smart combination. But Gandalf wants to have his cake and eat it too. And that is something you cannot do. if you are living in a sovereign country the system itself is the one that is providing you with your jobs and your security so therefore you must have respect for the anthem and the flag of that country. You cannot reap the benefits of that country and its system and its protection while at the same time disrespecting or not honoring its flag or Anthem. @Gandalf likes to compare apples to oranges and now we also see he likes to have his cake and try to eat it too.

El Kabong Guest

And here we are the conundrum of the day

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Miles wants it both ways Gandalf I agree that everything should be complete freedom and I have always advocated going back to the Stone Age when you could do anything you want and there were no municipalities or laws at all. Total Anarchy and stone age is what I would pick above all other forms where Only the Strong Survive or the smart or the strong and smart combination. But Gandalf wants to have his cake and eat it too. And that is something you cannot do. if you are living in a sovereign country the system itself is the one that is providing you with your jobs and your security so therefore you must have respect for the anthem and the flag of that country. You cannot reap the benefits of that country and its system and its protection while at the same time disrespecting or not honoring its flag or Anthem. @Gandalf likes to compare apples to oranges and now we also see he likes to have his cake and try to eat it too.
    You are full of shit. You are the one that says he lives free of rules, yet lives a life governed by rules. You want it both ways. I simply say that anthems are bollocks and nobody has to pay them any heed. You can reap benefits without worshipping a fricking flag or anthem. What is this? Sunday school? Society should grow the fuck up.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Dude we are not going to put up with this shit. Two weeks ago you attacked about wlad. This week it's one of our best folk singers. I'm going to have to start another thread about was beanz right about Lyle

El Kabong Guest

Dude we are not going to put up with this shit. Two weeks ago you attacked about wlad. This week it's one of our best folk singers. I'm going to have to start another thread about was beanz right about Lyle
    Guthrie was a Commie, it's in the song

El Kabong Guest

There was a bar (I believe in St. Louis) using player jerseys as doormats....they just "happened" upon the name pairing of Marshawn Lynch and Colin Kaepernick reading "Lynch" & "Kaepernick" as you walk in the bar.

THAT I disagree with, THAT is way too far, and THAT is trying to make an argument based on race which I wholeheartedly disagree with. That's just blatant and uncalled for.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was a bar (I believe in St. Louis) using player jerseys as doormats....they just "happened" upon the name pairing of Marshawn Lynch and Colin Kaepernick reading "Lynch" & "Kaepernick" as you walk in the bar.

THAT I disagree with, THAT is way too far, and THAT is trying to make an argument based on race which I wholeheartedly disagree with. That's just blatant and uncalled for.
    #disavow

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    You are full of shit. You are the one that says he lives free of rules, yet lives a life governed by rules. You want it both ways. I simply say that anthems are bollocks and nobody has to pay them any heed. You can reap benefits without worshipping a fricking flag or anthem. What is this? Sunday school? Society should grow the fuck up.
    How am I full of shit? The USA is protecting your ass right now and this is the thanks you give? YOU should be singing the Star Spangled Banner every day over there in Korea as we are protecting your asses every day since 1953. If it werent for the USA and its military and financial support of SK, you wouldnt be teachhing and earning what you earn right now and neither would your wife bro. You have got to be kidding if you think you'd be safe and secure there with the Reds in charge of the economy. You'd be earning JACK SHIT for one, if you even HAD any English programs AT ALL.

Further, and by no means exhaustively, you cannot reap benefits without being thankful, that is biting the hand that feeds you. So now we see 3 things (he just keeps heaping them up, one by one) than @Gandalf does: compares apples to oranges, wants to have his cake and eat it too, and now THIS FFS, bites the hand that feeds him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are full of shit because you say you do not follow any rules, but then expect people to adhere to mindless pageantry like flag worship and anthem standing. That is king flippy floppy.

The rest of your little rant is besides the point and irrelevant. Don't bring my wife into any argument. You have no idea what she does or who her company trades with. You are making baseless assumptions. There are a lot of countries in this world and people generally use English to trade, but America itself is often quite irrelevant. Then your waffle about the Reds in charge of the economy. Who said anything about Reds? Why would Reds be in charge of anything? Another pointless assumption. Also, this idea that America is to thank for people studying English. Again you fail to note that countries trade in English, that people go on holiday and speak in English and there are many countries in the world as mentioned before. You trade with Malaysia, then you use English as the medium of exchange. You travel to Hong Kong, then will probably use some English. You are full of yourself if you think it is all about America and kneeling for flags.

Nobody owes you anything as you quite rightly point out. Unless you are flippy flopping again.

Thread Information