Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

Off subject I know but I've gotta ask.

Brock did you ever sort the problem of the Somalian in the church?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Personally I am looking forward to the next time an NFL owner wants to ask for a publicly funded stadium oh I will THOROUGHLY enjoy that debate.

NFL Owner: "We need money to build our....."

The People

El Kabong Guest

El Kabong Guest

Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sh...rticle/2636837

Well, Well, Well looky what we have here

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A staged protest by Trump and Pence. How insulting to the intellect of people that voted for them.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Players are really oppressed making $32,000,000

El Kabong Guest

Peter Schrager claims an Indianapolis cab driver kicked him out over player protests
    http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/peter...-protests.html

“I live in New York, you live in New York, and I also do stuff in L.A., and I sometimes think, ‘All right, here’s my worldview.’ I was in Indianapolis, doing a game in Indianapolis, and a cab driver picks me up and says ‘What do you do for a living?’ and I say ‘Well, I work in the NFL.’ And he stops the car, turns around and says ‘You can get out of the car. The NFL is dead to me. The NFL, the fact that these guys take knees, I will never watch the NFL again.’ It was the first time I had a real-life experience face-to-face with somebody who was that charged up about this issue. And I said ‘Wow, that’s crazy.’ And the more you talk to fans who aren’t on the two coasts, the more you aren’t in blue-state territory, this is a real deal and it is affecting the bottom line. And the owners are seeing this.”

It's like this, Americans are proud people, they are friendly they aren't hateful (just speaking in general)....some of them might even agree with the reasons that caused the players to protest, the issue is they don't want the flag, the country, service men and women disrespected as a means of protest.

There's times to protest, there's ways to protest...during your actual job.....not an acceptable time to protest UNLESS you're quitting your job.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally speaking I think when we start equating disrespect of a flag or banner to that of actual veterans is when we jump the shark. The time to protest in America is exactly the 'time' you as an American choose baring physical dumb shat. Has Kaepernick stared on Dancing with the Stars yet?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Personally speaking I think when we start equating disrespect of a flag or banner to that of actual veterans is when we jump the shark. The time to protest in America is exactly the 'time' you as an American choose baring physical dumb shat. Has Kaepernick stared on Dancing with the Stars yet?
    The problem @Spicoli is that the players doing the kneeling wish to be perceived in a certain way, they would like to be the New Freedom Riders or New De-segregationists fighting for their right to be served at the lunch counter....and it comes across as tone deaf because they are paid millions of dollars to play a GAME and the average everyday fan just wants to watch football (or rather USED to). If I decided to protest at my job regardless of WHAT I was protesting I'd probably either be fired or given a talking to about alienating business.

What players decide to do in their FREE time is on them, and THAT is when they can draw attention to themselves and make an impact in the communities they would like to help. And you know what, most fans would jump at the chance to help out....but most fans simply aren't going to be OK with kneeling during the Anthem.

I've said it before I'll say it again, there are 2 times on the field where rivals (both fans and players) are reminded that in LIFE they play on the same team....#1 The National Anthem #2 Post Game handshake/prayer/etc. That's when players and fans should all be mindful that it is just a game and we're very lucky to have this entertainment.

Kneeling for the Anthem isn't as bad IMO as burning the flag or spitting on veterans, but it's distasteful...now I get the message that is TRYING to be sent "Well Eric Garner being choked to death is distasteful" which, A) He wasn't choked to death he had a heart attack (not a strawman argument since this is what BLM actually believes) and B ) yeah, I agree it's not a good look when the Mayor of NYC decides to crack down on loose cigarette sales because the city is losing tax revenue and nobody should die for that.

Trayvon Martin, physically attacked George Zimmerman, and Zimmerman had a gun, and Zimmerman feared for his life...it doesn't make Zimmerman a GOOD person or a BAD person it makes him a person who was in that moment scared for his life.

Tamir Rice, that's a tough situation to watch as well, I don't agree with how that was handled.

Philando Castille, again, tough situation I don't agree with how that was handled.

Being a policeman is hard work, it's an appealing job for power hungry assholes, it is, but ALSO not every single cop is a murderer.

Wouldn't you think instead of saying "What do we want dead cops when do we want it now!" or "pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon" maybe, just MAYBE we need the community to strengthen their ties to the local law enforcement and in doing so criminals might be less likely to shoot cops and vice versa, I'd like for us to all be neighbors or at least act like neighbors....but if an NFL multimillionaire wishes to lecture me, then tah tah I'm off to go deer hunting or play/watch ice hockey because I'm not a guy with which they have a problem, I'd like to just watch football, but now I'm over it, I'm not a policeman, I'm just an average guy who likewise doesn't want to be bothered by the cops, but the way in which you deliver a message matters and not only have they fumbled on that part they have the hubris to continue attempting to get this message across....and to a lot of fans that message comes across as "If you don't agree with us don't watch us play!" and a lot of fans are saying "Ok then, bye".

ESPN Can’t Afford Monday Night Football Any More
    https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/e...ight-football/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's one way to look at it, Lyle... and I respect it. However, looking at it another way, what are the chances Colin is going to get interviewed by 20/20 in order to get his views on what's happening in the U.S. today, particularly the white cop/black man thing? That's right... absolutely zilch. Nobody at CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN is even remotely interested in interviewing a "dumb jock" about the state of affairs in the country today. All they want to know is how bad does your knee hurt.... or why did you not see that cornerback lurking when you threw that 4th quarter interception. We pigeonhole our athletes into the roles exactly where we want them. Talk sports... or shut up and go back to the weight room. I choose to give him credit for doing something he HAD to know was going to have negative repercussions. People tend to take advantage of the podiums they're given. In this case, he did what he knew would be a high profile, controversial thing.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

only 1 way to look at it Spicoli:

we cannot protest on our jobs, dunno bout u, but we get fired in America for taking a knee in the office and doing political statements at work.

Therefore:

FIRE THEIR STUPID IGNORANT ASSES

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

we cannot protest on our jobs, dunno bout u, but we get fired in America for taking a knee in the office and doing political statements at work.

Therefore:

Don't know about where you work but we don't have mandated moments to pledge or recite oaths before we clock in or on the clock. Technically speaking what a ball player does prior to the start of official game time is on them I'd imagine. Hell players didn't even take the field during anthem until what, less than a decade ago? They also had a owner-player meeting and decided to meet later keeping things as they are in the interim? Sounds like a business addressing things internally and it is literally none of my business though I'm free to burn as many jerseys and ball caps with a flag logo on them that I want. Not sure what makes players ignorant and just think you guys in such a rabble rabble roar up are almost giving these players too much credit for having an impact on my personal life they really do not have. It really is a non issue in my eyes and simply a shiny object. Meanwhile during the next massive fight I like majority of fans will be griping about listening to multiple anthems being dragged out before a fight . And I won't be standing and chances are I'll be consuming large amounts of adult beverages and typing on a keyboard or god forbid taking a quick wiz as not to miss a round. Surely does not make me any less of a proud American and believer in this Republic.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Therefore:

Don't know about where you work but we don't have mandated moments to pledge or recite oaths before we clock in or on the clock. Technically speaking what a ball player does prior to the start of official game time is on them I'd imagine. Hell players didn't even take the field during anthem until what, less than a decade ago? They also had a owner-player meeting and decided to meet later keeping things as they are in the interim? Sounds like a business addressing things internally and it is literally none of my business though I'm free to burn as many jerseys and ball caps with a flag logo on them that I want. Not sure what makes players ignorant and just think you guys in such a rabble rabble roar up are almost giving these players too much credit for having an impact on my personal life they really do not have. It really is a non issue in my eyes and simply a shiny object. Meanwhile during the next massive fight I like majority of fans will be griping about listening to multiple anthems being dragged out before a fight . And I won't be standing and chances are I'll be consuming large amounts of adult beverages and typing on a keyboard or god forbid taking a quick wiz as not to miss a round. Surely does not make me any less of a proud American and believer in this Republic.
    i'm sure the anthem is part of thhe game, the whole production, fans are there, cameras rolling, you cannot do political statements at work AND YOU KNOW IT.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Therefore:

i'm sure the anthem is part of thhe game, the whole production, fans are there, cameras rolling, you cannot do political statements at work AND YOU KNOW IT.
    So, military fly overs previously or currently paid for by DOD, same as military appreciation days, a National Anthem sang proudly for thousands, teams visiting White House and Presidents calling teams and a football field size American flag flowing over the players field..but sure no political statements of any type allowed 'at work'. Gotcha .

the entire subject is based on emotional reaction, but hey all the power to ya wherever you land on the matter. We're 'Muricans, we protest and rise up and we literally wrote the book.

Thread Information