Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

To our friends from across the pond who may not be familiar with issue...

Colin Kaepernick is an NFL quarterback who last year made headlines by choosing to kneel during the playing of the national anthem as his way of silently protest against the racial violence and injustices in America today. Colin is black, by the way. Anyway... this obviously got lots of headlines, and even a few other players across the league decided to join Colin as a sign of solidarity.

Fast forward to today, and Colin is basically out of the NFL. None of the 32 teams see fit to include him in their roster, regardless of the fact that he's an extremely talented QB. Adding salt to the wound, right now there's more than a handful of teams that are struggling at the quarterback position, and would benefit greatly by having Colin on their team. But obviously they'd rather flounder with some scrubs at QB, than give Colin a shot.

Pick whatever reason you like. Billionaire team owners afraid the fans will stop going to their stadiums...... racist team owners who don't like some upstart young player upsetting the apple cart that way..... whatever you feel. Personally I think it's totally hypocritical of the NFL to lock out a guy like that because of his beliefs.

As with other social causes, Colin was the pioneer in a way. The sacrificial goat. Now other guys may feel free to do the same and, what are they going to do..... kick all of them out of the league? I'm sorry, but if someone truly feels like there's a lot wrong in racial America today and that's the way they choose to express themselves, I can think of a lot worse things they could be doing.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick and the absurdity of the NFL

Well we are inundated with information of how bad we are and how terrible we are and how bad our history is. I guess we just don't want to be reminded on sundays, one day away from guilt is ok I think

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one is forced to agree with him, or even to look at him for that matter. But his personal stance on things shouldn't blackball him from the league from which he makes his living.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a living breathing piece of human garbage

El Kabong Guest

Colin Kaepernick and whomever else wishes to join in can protest the National Anthem all they like it is their freedom to do so....however teams can choose to or not to sign him based on the baggage he carries with him due to his outspokenness. Fans may also choose to watch or choose not to watch the NFL, I have chosen to not watch the NFL not necessarily just because of National Anthem protests (which I think are the height of absurdity) but also because of the various rule changes and changes to the core of the game.....I played FOOTBALL, I don't recall ever having a flag thrown on me for hitting a defenseless player. When I played people were responsible for their own safety and they weren't victims. I don't know if I can ever appreciate football the same way really, the NFL used to be all about the big hits, and nobody not 1 single fucking person ever said "Oh Concussions are great for you! Being smacked in the head really clears out the cobwebs " but whatever the NFL and most importantly ESPN have chosen their path and they have decided they are more interested in bullshit than sports.

Is Colin Kaepernick a GOOD QB? Then why bitch about him not playing? Oh, OOOOOH he's black and he wants to stick it to the USA for being horribly racist because HE suffered sooooo much....the percentage of black players in the NFL? African-American men are 6% of the United States population, they take up 70% of NFL rosters.....yeah, oh so fucking racist.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Colin Kaepernick and whomever else wishes to join in can protest the National Anthem all they like it is their freedom to do so....however teams can choose to or not to sign him based on the baggage he carries with him due to his outspokenness. Fans may also choose to watch or choose not to watch the NFL, I have chosen to not watch the NFL not necessarily just because of National Anthem protests (which I think are the height of absurdity) but also because of the various rule changes and changes to the core of the game.....I played FOOTBALL, I don't recall ever having a flag thrown on me for hitting a defenseless player. When I played people were responsible for their own safety and they weren't victims. I don't know if I can ever appreciate football the same way really, the NFL used to be all about the big hits, and nobody not 1 single fucking person ever said "Oh Concussions are great for you! Being smacked in the head really clears out the cobwebs " but whatever the NFL and most importantly ESPN have chosen their path and they have decided they are more interested in bullshit than sports.

Is Colin Kaepernick a GOOD QB? Then why bitch about him not playing? Oh, OOOOOH he's black and he wants to stick it to the USA for being horribly racist because HE suffered sooooo much....the percentage of black players in the NFL? African-American men are 6% of the United States population, they take up 70% of NFL rosters.....yeah, oh so fucking racist.

Really Lyle? You're going to use the percentages defense to show how the NFL is so given to the normal black community? I'm gonna assume that one just got by you, because I don't want to believe you really believe that crock of horseshit you just spouted. So then are we to say that white players are discriminated against in the NFL because 70% of the players are black? C'mon. Think about the ridiculousness of that statement.

You can dislike Colin all you like. He feels a certain way, and he's chosen to express it. Unfortunately, you've got millions of Brocks out there who just say "fuck Colin, he's a piece of human garbage", without knowing the first thing about the man.

The fact is, he's good enough to be starting for a number of teams right now, and he's being blackballed by the cowardly and/or racist owners (or both). That may be good by you, but it doesn't cut it with me.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Freedom of speech in some people's books is only extended to those whom agree with them. No consequence for being a Nazi but be black and speak out you have to suffer the consequences.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Really Lyle? You're going to use the percentages defense to show how the NFL is so given to the normal black community? I'm gonna assume that one just got by you, because I don't want to believe you really believe that crock of horseshit you just spouted. So then are we to say that white players are discriminated against in the NFL because 70% of the players are black? C'mon. Think about the ridiculousness of that statement.

You can dislike Colin all you like. He feels a certain way, and he's chosen to express it. Unfortunately, you've got millions of Brocks out there who just say "fuck Colin, he's a piece of human garbage", without knowing the first thing about the man.

The fact is, he's good enough to be starting for a number of teams right now, and he's being blackballed by the cowardly and/or racist owners (or both). That may be good by you, but it doesn't cut it with me.
    Alright then (I had to bust that out again....do you even understand how upset that makes me?)

Colin Kaepernick to opt out, become free agent
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-opts-contract

Wut? He HAD a contract and then CHOSE to opt out? My my my

Yeah I used percentages to show the average person that the NFL (owners, coaches, players, etc) don't give a fuck about race or beliefs they care if you make the team better and apparently snaking a teammate's girlfriend and becoming Mr. Black Lives Matter and having that girlfriend target a franchise hero like Ray Lewis when you're attempting to get signed PROBABLY......PROBABLY.......I said PROBABLY isn't a helpful thing.

Why isn't Tim Tebow playing bruh? Oh that's right.....baggage, not good enough. B-b-b-but Colin is different!!!! Johnny Manziel, where is he? Oh yeah, not good enough, baggage.

As free as Colin is to say what he wants to say brockton is just as free to boycott the NFL or say whatever he wants to about Colin.....free speech, where turnabout is fair play

Where would he start? Who should sign him?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    No one is forced to agree with him, or even to look at him for that matter. But his personal stance on things shouldn't blackball him from the league from which he makes his living.
    Baltimore was going to sign him until Colin's girl posted a meme comparing Ray Lewis (convicted of Obstruction of Justice in a Homicide) to Samuel L. Jackson's character in Django Unchained and the Owner of the Ravens said "Nah, I think we'll pass"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...friends-tweet/

He can talk, she can talk, he can protest, she can protest........but nobody ever said they would do so consequence free

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck Colin Fuck-nik

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    He is a living breathing piece of human garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Fuck Colin Fuck-nik

Of all the objections I've seen, these are by far the most eloquent and well-thought-out.

Thread Information