Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves vs Eubank Jr

Groves is world champion.

I would have liked to have seen him enjoy the title for awhile longer but Groves is always in for tough fights and doesn't seem to duck anyone.

What a fight this will be!!!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a good fight and I would like Groves to win but think Eubank Jnr will win with a late stoppage. Hope I am wrong but fear for George.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    I can't believe bookies odds are in favour of Eubank.

Degale was meant to wipe the floor with Groves - didn't
    Froch was meant to take him out in 5 or 6 - that went to the wire (2nd fight admittedly beaten comprehensively)

Groves is a lot better than most people think, faster and has power - Him, Jack & Degale are probably a class above anyone else right now at 168 - jack's obvs fucked off now to 175.

That being said... people do worry about Groves engine (although fight vs Jack it was pretty damm decent) - but I don't think Eubank has the power to put him away if he does catch him clean a few times later on.

Picking groves by UD
    100% agree with all of that , and what I would say is while he was comprehensively KO'd in Froch 2, Before the KO I thought he was just starting to get on top and heading towards a win.
    Eubank couldn't cope with the most skillful fighter he's faced, and I believe Groves is technically better than BJS and has way more power.
    People will say Eubank has improved, and in the last fight, admittedly he looked better.
    But he's never gonna cope with Skill and find answers or counter act them because he doesn't really have a trainer . Ronnie Davies isn't allowed to talk, His Dad is many things, but he's not a trainer .
    So While Jr. is fantastically conditioned , even the best Boxers need somebody to formulate a gameplan and study opponents.
    All Jr has is an ex champ telling him to throw a 60 punch combo "just for the funk of it!"
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

King George is wonderfully underrated, if the bookies don't agree because of media hype, have it off!

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good fight I fancy Jr to win Groves I think has been in to many hard punishing fights and he does seem to gas abit after 8 or so rounds,! I like both fighters should be a cracker I hope.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jr has improved immensely. Groves fights anyone and has always been competitive. I keep switch back and forth between the 2. 50/50 really. Either guy at their best could beat the other. Slightly side with Groves if pushed for a pick.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Jr has improved immensely. Groves fights anyone and has always been competitive. I keep switch back and forth between the 2. 50/50 really. Either guy at their best could beat the other. Slightly side with Groves if pushed for a pick.
    The fact that it is a "pick em" for a work class fight makes this fight highly exciting and anticipating. Love it!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://youtu.be/IqZLH_I9_lQ

Groves does seem to rely on his trainer and should start taking credit in himself..he done a fantastic job winning that world title
    Last edited by imp; 11-29-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Groves looked and sounded nervous.

When Groves talked about his relationship about his dad that is when Junior got upset. Groves should do that more.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

When Groves talked about his relationship about his dad that is when Junior got upset. Groves should do that more.
    Let's talk weight.

Eubank is not a natural 168 fighter..how will that be an advantage or disadvantage for him.?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Let's talk weight.

Eubank is not a natural 168 fighter..how will that be an advantage or disadvantage for him.?
    Eubank has grown into the weight and is fresher. It is not as if Groves will use his natural superweight strength to beat Junior. Groves has to use the distance, his jab and set up the right hand. If Junior gets too close those uppercuts will knock out George.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jab is the key for Groves.

Body language tells me he seems flustered.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    https://youtu.be/IqZLH_I9_lQ

Groves does seem to rely on his trainer and should start taking credit in himself..he done a fantastic job winning that world title
    Just watched that. That was fun. He's not relying on his trainer. He was banging on about that to highlight to his opponent the importance of a proper training team. Don't be mistaken into thinking Groves doesn't have self belief. trust me, he KNOWS he's got too much for Jr.
    As for being nervous as Master said, nah, I don't think so, I think he loved it.
    Jr. - "When the going gets tough......"
    Groves - "what, you gonna start singing now?" Fuckin priceless!
    And when Sr. starts talking, Groves says "I thought you weren't gonna say anything!!" And then pisses himself.
    Groves was having a blast in there, and all Jr. could come back with are the same old sound bites , yawn,yawn, yawn.
    Then you have Sr. talking about Jr's "Internal navigation system." Another one for the meaningless dictionary.
    Groves is gonna win this, 100%
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by Fenster; 11-29-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never seen Jr that talkative/animated at a press conference (and i'm nerdy enough to watch most), he was absolutely oozing respect for Groves (amongst the pre-planned statements), something he's never shown before, and bit several times from Grove's little digs.

I was surprised Groves was significantly bigger, even though it was ones-and-twos vs bumpers. Groves speaking about Jr's basic style not being cute enough to cause him problems was a bloody good point.

Jr has no chance from the outside. And will walk into the hardest/slickest shots he's ever "not" seen trying to impose himself on Groves. Nearly convinced me to change my mind from a Jr win. Hmmm...
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information