Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs Ortiz..is done.

Another big fight this year to look forward to. I hope it isn’t soured by controversy like other big fights have been because I see this fight going 12. I expect Deontay to get a decision but if it’s a not a deserved decision his rep will suffer and he won’t get any credit for beating a dangerous fighter like Ortiz.

A few years ago I would have picked Ortiz in this fight but his time has passed now. He is inactive at this stage in his career and his performances have dipped. I think the opportunities come too late although he will still be a real threat and toughest challenge of Deontays career so far. The Alabama fighter needs to use his height and reach, play it safe and keep it long. A distance fight will surely go his way. A good jab will keep the older, shorter and slower opponent at bay. 118-110

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz looks like he can take a punch but he's never actually been in with a real puncher so we don't know if he can absorb what Wilder can dish out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zimmer frame or not Ortiz is a million times better than anyone Wilder has faced, he hasn't looked great in his last couple but that was against survivors, and like virtually all Cubans they're never in a hurry to entertain.

Has Wilder even seen a lefty? They'll probably have to stop the fight after 60 seconds to explain it to him as he'll be complaining about distorted vision (Audley doesn't count, he was on the floor through fear before ever forming a stance).

The Atomic Windmill dodged a bullet with Povetkin not this time. He's been an accident waiting to happen against any highly experienced well-educated puncher.

Mercer-Morrison II
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have expected Boxnation to get this fight but then it makes sense for Sky to throw their money at it to further build the clash with AJ.

I'm not Wilders biggest fan but I think he wins this, I can't help but think the time has passed for Ortiz.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd heard loads of positive stuff about Ortiz but only really took notice when Matchroom signed him. I have to say I've been pretty underwhelmed. He looks old, cumbersome and unfit.
    And I'm not a big fan of Wilder. I just think that for a guy with his record and standing in the division, he's pretty poor. However, credit to Wilder if he beats Ortiz as regardless of what I think, Ortiz is classed as a top end fighter.
    People who know me know I am not a tub thumping Brit that gets carried away with the slightest bit of success.
    But I do believe Joshua would knock Wilder out. Too big, strong and busy.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Porter vs Granados on the undercard. That's a fun fight.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Fury vs Parker is PPV while this is just standard Sky Sports it’s all so inconsistent but it’s another heavyweight title fight between two unbeaten fighters, difference is these two guys can actually punch

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    So Fury vs Parker is PPV while this is just standard Sky Sports it’s all so inconsistent but it’s another heavyweight title fight between two unbeaten fighters, difference is these two guys can actually punch
    You was bigging up the Fury v Parker fight saying "it's two young undefeated heavyweights" and that it was well worth the £15

What's changed?

Edit: I called you a troll cuz I misread your post, I do still think you have troll like qualities but more like a cuddlely furry baby troll rather than one of those big gruffly bastards that live under bridges
    Last edited by Batman; 09-29-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury vs Parker was £10 I think this fight (Wilder vs Ortiz) is worth £10. I don’t subscribe to Sky Sports all year so I usually end up buying a day or week pass when I need it (In other words I brought Wilder vs Washington for £

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury vs Parker was £10 I think this fight (Wilder vs Ortiz) is worth £10. I don’t subscribe to Sky Sports all year so I usually end up buying a day or week pass when I need it (In other words I brought Wilder vs Washington for £
    Fury v Parker went up to 15 quid if you bought it on the night, it was only a tenner if you bought it before hand

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Fury v Parker went up to 15 quid if you bought it on the night, it was only a tenner if you bought it before hand
    I wonder how many sales the fight got.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thankfully I didn’t buy it

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but why didn't you buy it? you said it was a worthwhile PPV event between2 undefeated young heavyweights? or was you just trolololing

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but why didn't you buy it? you said it was a worthwhile PPV event between2 undefeated young heavyweights? or was you just trolololing

No interest in Parker or Fury. I still haven’t bothered watching it and I’m sure I could find it for free now. I said Parker by decision (it was predictable) is pay £10 for Wilder or AJ but not Parker or Fury (Tyson included)
    Last edited by GaMo; 09-29-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont worry yourselves lads, fight ain't happening.

The fat Cuban has failed a drugs test

Cunt

Thread Information