Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin vs Miguel Cotto

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    GGG just beat one guy who hid from the best at 154.
    He didn’t beat Canelo (It was a draw) and Alvarez did beat the best at 154. He unified the WBC and WBA titles which awarded him The Ring title at light-middleweight (he also won the WBO on a later date) he beat Cintron, Mosley, Lara, Trout, Angulo and Kirkland at 154 so that statement you made is pure fiction.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    He didn’t beat Canelo (It was a draw) and Alvarez did beat the best at 154. He unified the WBC and WBA titles which awarded him The Ring title at light-middleweight (he also won the WBO on a later date) he beat Cintron, Mosley, Lara, Trout, Angulo and Kirkland at 154 so that statement you made is pure fiction.
    He hid at Caneloweight to avoid the top fighters and picked on Liam Smith to grab a fake belt. Everyone knows who the real champions at 154 are and it wasn't Liam Smith, and it isn't Cotto.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    GGG just beat one guy who hid from the best at 154, why not an encore? Another guy hiding from the best at 154, get absurd money on name value. No reason for GGG to fight the best 154 guys now, all the other 154 fighters he's fought weren't the best at 154. GGG is getting old, people aren't being fair expecting him to step up to top Junior Middleweights now.

He destroys Cotto, Cotto has a name, try to make it. Like trying to make a fight with retired Froch or crap Chavez or or or. GGGs has consistently searched out the highest easiest payday. I for one have accepted this and no longer hold out any hope the guy will make the right fights.

Do you GGG, soft seats until you die.
    GGG has beaten the best middleweights out there one after the other to unify the belts. This was even before the other champs like Strum avoided him when he was a challenger. What more can he do?
    The best to unify the belts?

Milton Nunez
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Marco Antonio Rubio
    David Lemieux

Which of those guys that he got hisbelts from was the best?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG just beat one guy who hid from the best at 154, why not an encore? Another guy hiding from the best at 154, get absurd money on name value. No reason for GGG to fight the best 154 guys now, all the other 154 fighters he's fought weren't the best at 154. GGG is getting old, people aren't being fair expecting him to step up to top Junior Middleweights now.

He destroys Cotto, Cotto has a name, try to make it. Like trying to make a fight with retired Froch or crap Chavez or or or. GGGs has consistently searched out the highest easiest payday. I for one have accepted this and no longer hold out any hope the guy will make the right fights.

GGG has beaten the best middleweights out there one after the other to unify the belts. This was even before the other champs like Strum avoided him when he was a challenger. What more can he do?

Milton Nunez
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Marco Antonio Rubio
    David Lemieux

None, they're all bums but Lara, Trout, Angullo and Kirkland were the best at 154.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Milton Nunez
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Marco Antonio Rubio
    David Lemieux

None, they're all bums but Lara, Trout, Angullo and Kirkland were the best at 154.
    Lara is the only one that is a top level fighter. To be fair Trout was when Canelo fought him though. I must admit that. Angulo was used up and Kirkland was never what people thought. I was embarrassed for Canelo when he made the Kirkland fight. I understand it, bring this big guy in to look tough until he gets KOed. But doesn't change the fact Kirkland is brought in to be KOed.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland was never what people thought. I was embarrassed for Canelo when he made the Kirkland fight. I understand it, bring this big guy in to look tough until he gets KOed. But doesn't change the fact Kirkland is brought in to be KOed.
    Kirkland was 32-1 with 28 KO's, He'd won five in a row (four by knockout) against Molina, Angulo and Tapia (who was 20-0) and that's embarrassing? Hate to know what you thought of GGG fighting Macklin, Wade, Monroe and all the other bums he fought in his title defences.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto and Golovkin is decent fight to make. Golovkin would start a clear favourite but he is in decline which would make it interesting to watch. The longer it goes the more you expect the bigger man to wear Cotto down. The Puerto Rican is unlikely to be able to absorb the amount of punishment a prime Canelo did but he does have the experience and moves to make it a good fight.

Triple G will do what we expect him to, come forward relentlessly, cutting off corners and taking any punches that are thrown back at him in defiance. Cotto will use angles and movement to get through the early rounds but ultimately I see it ending the same way as the 1
    st Margarito fight for Cotto.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland was never what people thought. I was embarrassed for Canelo when he made the Kirkland fight. I understand it, bring this big guy in to look tough until he gets KOed. But doesn't change the fact Kirkland is brought in to be KOed.
    Kirkland was 32-1 with 28 KO's, He'd won five in a row (four by knockout) against Molina, Angulo and Tapia (who was 20-0) and that's embarrassing? Hate to know what you thought of GGG fighting Macklin, Wade, Monroe and all the other bums he fought in his title defences.
    I was a huge Golovkin supporter 6/7 years ago. But watching his opponents is what turned me away. Watching people excuse his opponents really.

I mean right now we have Jacobs available, wanting the fight. And we have GGG instead looking at yet another former WW to move up. And people feel comfortable talking about GGG was avoided, that's why he didn't fight good fighters. Ummm, what about the avoiding he does?!

Literally in a thread where we are discussing GGG looking soft rather than taking the hard available fights people are blaming the hard fight guy that wants the fight, madness.

El Kabong Guest

Yeah a """draw"""......Adelaide Byrd's card was so bad she's taking a hiatus from being a judge GGG won the fight in the ring, he got jobbed by a corrupt or inept (take your pick) judge and that's a travesty.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, let's get to the point. What fights are acceptable for GGG?
    For me only Jacobs or BJS. Only if they're willing to fight him . (Jacobs would, BJS I'm not so sure no matter what he fucking says!) or Charlo or a step up to SMW.
    What fights are acceptable for Canelo?
    A rematch , or a fight with Jacobs or BJS or Charlo.
    I can't think of anything else that is
    acceptable..
    I don't believe Cotto is acceptable for either.
    We will only too soon know who is up for it or who is a pussy!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah a """draw"""......Adelaide Byrd's card was so bad she's taking a hiatus from being a judge GGG won the fight in the ring, he got jobbed by a corrupt or inept (take your pick) judge and that's a travesty.
    Yeah and the guy who scored it a draw is still free to work because he got the correct score... it was a draw

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Right, let's get to the point. What fights are acceptable for GGG?
    For me only Jacobs or BJS. Only if they're willing to fight him . (Jacobs would, BJS I'm not so sure no matter what he fucking says!) or Charlo or a step up to SMW.
    What fights are acceptable for Canelo?
    A rematch , or a fight with Jacobs or BJS or Charlo.
    I can't think of anything else that is
    acceptable..
    I don't believe Cotto is acceptable for either.
    We will only too soon know who is up for it or who is a pussy!
    I would say Canelo has more options because he is not thought to be the best. But if he isn't fighting until May then it's GGG or nothing. Don't get me wrong I would be cool with Canelo fighting BJS, Lemieux, Jacobs, Charlo, of course GGG, Andrade, Lara, other Charlo or even a few others for example Degale, Ramirez, Dirrell, Dirrell, Benavidez or Derevyanchenko, N'Dam or even Jarrett Hurd if he was going to fight soon. But he won't fight soon and his fight will surely be PPV so it has to be GGG

It's different for GGG, if he's coming back with Canelo in May that does nothing to prove who is best at 160 so he needs to fight Jacobs. To do something towards proving who's best at 160. If he refuses still to fight Jacobs he has Derevyanchenko and Charlo waiting at mandatory spots. No time to waste picking on little Miguel. At worst he needs to fight BJS

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the double standard if GGG chooses to wait until May for Canelo?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    GGG is the champ and he has belts to defend. I don't personally care if he waits especially if he's only going to fight a bum in December to pad his already over padded record some more.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's not about double standards. GGG chooses to fight more regularly, because at his age he needs every payday he can get.
    If team Canelo wish to wait till May , that's up to them. (I think it's bollocks but hey ho!)
    My point is that from now on in , these 2 BOTH need to make top matches up and nothing else will do.
    No more easy fights, people are putting these two at the top of the tree, they both need to prove it.
    I'm pissed off with people having major profiles and not living up to it.

Thread Information