Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Josh Taylor vs Miguel Vasquez Nov. 11th

Don't get me wrong I'm fully impressed with Taylor but they must have a lot of faith in him, Vasquez is still as crafty as they come and it's extremely difficult to look good against him. Taylor stepping up to the plate big time here.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor vs Miguel Vasquez Nov. 11th

Great meeting at the crossroads. Taylor has most variables working for him and Vasquez shows him things he hasn't seen in spots but he won't be afforded enough 'spoil' and lulls to be effective vs Taylor. Miguel can box his arse off but on his bad nights it can be a bit fugly to watch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor is the new "God of Scotland" he will beat anyone on the form of his last fight. He was world class that night.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scotland's undefeated WBC silver super lightweight champion Josh Taylor hopes to have a world title fight next year.

Taylor, 26, will fight former world champion Miguel Vazquez on 11 November at Edinburgh's Royal Highland Centre.

And Taylor told BBC Scotland he is confident he will be "knocking on the door of the bigger names" should he defeat Vazquez.

"Hopefully, [I'll be] challenging for a world title this time next year, or the end of next year," the Scot said.

Vazquez, a 30-year-old former IBF lightweight champion, has won 39 of his 44 fights - and four since being beaten by Argenis Mendez in 2015.

Taylor, who defeated previously unbeaten Ohara Davies in July, has won his first 10 bouts. Taylor is ranked 12th in the world in his division by the BoxRec website, with Vasquez 21st.

Vazquez knocked out fellow Mexican Jose Daniel Ruiz in the fourth round of his latest fight earlier this month.

And Taylor expects to face a dangerous opponent in front of a passionate home Scottish crowd.

"It's a big risk," he said. "He's had 44 fights and five defeats. But those five defeats have been from the guys at the top of the business. He's never been stopped either, so he's really tough. He's smart and he uses his jab; moves round the ring really well.

"I'm going to have to be really sharp and switched on for this one. But I believe in my own ability and believe I have the tools to beat him; I've got the youth, the speed and the sharpness to beat him to his punch. I believe I'll come out victorious on 11th of November - 100%."

With Taylor winning all of his 10 bouts to date, he is confident of securing a world title fight within the next year or so.

"This has been my dream for the last 10 years. Since I became an amateur boxer, I've wanted to become a professional champion. So, the next year to 18 months is where the hard work begins and making my dream become a reality. I can't wait and have trained all my life for this.

"I'm a young 26 and haven't taken any punishment. I'm fresh but at the same time I want to get to the top quite quickly.

"I've got to respect him (Vasquez), he's been around the block and been in with the big names. He's never been stopped - he's been world champion for four years. You've got to respect him and give him his due."

Taylor, who was forced to shelve plans to attend the Floyd Mayweather- Conor McGregor fight in Las Vegas in August because of his own preparations to face Vasquez, is relishing the prospect of fighting in Edinburgh.

"It's great being back in Edinburgh - my last fight was in Glasgow - but it didn't matter as the support I had through there was great," he said. "The Highland Centre is a great venue - I'm excited to be back in Edinburgh and bringing big fights back [here].

"I have to put the pizzas aside and the pints aside for a while and start eating right and living right again. I'll hopefully have a few pints and a pizza after the fight again."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41319160

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair play, I was just about to post how much potential Taylor has and how a victory would catapult his career and that this is a tough fight, and then @Master gives it the old "God of Scotland, World class and he would've beaten ANYBODY on his last fight" spiel!
    Can always rely on you to go way over the top.
    Yes, he looked fantastic against Davis and yes, he looks to have a great future, but there's a lot of levels and high quality opposition at his weight.
    And give Vasquez some respect, he's only 30 and was a World Champion for 4 years. Don't treat him like a walkover.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight this one you would have to back Taylor I feel he is a Champion in waiting.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor impressed the fuck out of me the other month against Davis, he looked the real deal.... murderous body puncher, solid looking chin and his punch variation was superb.
    Rate him highly so would pick him to nick this.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Taylor impressed the fuck out of me the other month against Davis, he looked the real deal.... murderous body puncher, solid looking chin and his punch variation was superb.
    @Master, see ! now THAT'S how you post if your impressed with somebody and you think they'll win.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    @Master, see ! now THAT'S how you post if your impressed with somebody and you think they'll win.
    It is exactly what I wrote but far less eloquently.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

140 is wide open so Taylor has a great opportunity to make his mark in the division. Vasquez arguably hasn't lost since 2008 so this is a big step up. If Taylor gets the win it's enough, if he wins impressively he puts everyone on notice.

Thread Information