Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jacobs signs for Matchroom. Jacobs-Arias/Miller-Wach/Benn-MexRS (SKY/HBO)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jacobs signs for Matchroom. Jacobs-Arias/Miller-Wach/Benn-MexRS (SKY/HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Miller v Wach was a joke, both fucking shite! Jacobs is a champion in waiting. He beats Saunders easy, he beats Lemieux, IMO he already beat GGG, and I reckon he's too good for Canelo.
    That just leaves Jermall Charlo. Now that could be the future 1 v 2 fight in the division.
    Ps. Them Charlo parents are taking the piss big time naming their kids with such similar names!
    Would have loved Jacobs to close the show on Arias and gave him flack for just that but also surprised some fans elsewhere were calling it a shit show by him . It was frankly the sharpest most confident and ring aware Jacobs I've seen box. Bulked up also. On night for night and last showing of each I'd favor Jacobs over Jermall by more than a few, and I'm high on Jermall at 160.

Miller is playing it well. Talent wise he is where he is going and he definitely isn't going to lose weight or stop laying in front of guys. But dude has a personality shtick and free swings and is as sturdy as a stump. Whoever has to hand sew and design those trunks needs to ice the hands nightly.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jacobs signs for Matchroom. Jacobs-Arias/Miller-Wach/Benn-MexRS (SKY/HBO)

Miller: Muscles won't save AJ

Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller has warned Anthony Joshua that "muscles don't save your chin" and believes he could be one fight away from challenging Britain's world champion.

The American heavyweight remains on course for a world title shot after a ninth-round stoppage of Mariusz Wach last Saturday on a New York bill which was promoted by Eddie Hearn, who guides the career of Joshua.

Joshua is considering options for the next defence of his WBA 'super' and IBF belts, which include possible unification clashes against fellow world champions Deontay Wilder and Joseph Parker, but Miller insists he is ready and waiting for 'AJ', if he wants to make his US debut in 2018.

"I think either the next fight, or one fight for sure," Miller exclusively told Sky Sports, when asked about the Joshua fight. "I wasn't really pleased with my performance, even though it was still a win. I'm about getting the job done.

"Yeah most definitely he's got to get through me first, which he won't. I'm like a big roadblock.

"He's full of cr*p, because he's said already he doesn't want to go to America right now to fight. He's said he doesn't want to go to Vegas and fight any time soon.

"He's got to get his story straight. One minute he wants to fight Deontay, then he wants to come to America. I don't know?

"He's really hyped up. Muscles don't save your chin. We all know his chin is definitely glass and it's a matter of time before a fighter will expose him, and I hope I'm the one to do it."

Miller wants to appear on another of Hearn's US shows in Brooklyn next April and believes Dillian Whyte would be the 'perfect' warm-up opponent for a fight against Joshua or WBC title holder Wilder.

"Yeah I think Dillian Whyte would be perfect guy to knock the hell out," said the New Yorker. "He fought a taxi cab driver on his American debut that no one really cared about.

"I think this would be an awesome fight for me and Dillian to headline in April."

Asked about the outcome, he added: "Me knocking Dillian Whyte out in four-to-five rounds.

"I think the eliminator would be one of us fight either Deontay Wilder or Anthony Joshua right after that. Definitely after that fight, I should be in the mandatory position. There is no ifs and buts about it."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joseph Parker: WBO champion tells Anthony Joshua 'pay me respectable 40%'

Joseph Parker has told Anthony Joshua to pay him a "respectable 40%" if he wants a chance to fight for the New Zealander's WBO title next year.

Promoter Eddie Hearn says there is "absolutely no question" WBA and IBF champion Joshua, 28, will also fight WBC holder Deontay Wilder in 2018.

But Parker's promoter David Higgins said Hearn's opening offer to his fighter was "ridiculously low".

"So what's happening?" New Zealand's Parker asked Joshua on social media.

"Fight a voluntary or pay me respectable 40% as fellow champion and unify?"

Parker earlier told Joshua and Hearn to make him a "serious offer".

Hearn responded: "Your information is incorrect - come off the internet and pick up the phone."

Parker, 25, has won all 24 of his professional contests, 18 inside the distance, although he needed a controversial majority points decision to beat Hughie Fury, cousin of Tyson, in September.

"I have pictured it in my head, I have pictured fighting Joshua," Parker told BBC Sport. "I imagine the stadium, also I see myself doing very well and knocking him out."

Promoter Higgins says he has been talking to both Joshua and Wilder's camps, but believes a fight between Joshua and Parker could happen first, in March or April in the United Kingdom.

"Eddie and I have exchanged emails" he said earlier this month. "My message was Joe would fight Joshua next and Hearn's was that Joshua would fight Parker next."

Wilder, 32, defended his belt against Bermane Stiverne in November, a week after Joshua retained the WBA and IBF crowns against Carlos Takam in Cardiff.

The American then said he would beat Watford-born Joshua in his "safe haven" of Great Britain.

"Packing out stadiums looks good but the money and Mecca of boxing is in America," Wilder told BBC Sport.

"But if you want to stay at home like a little girl, this king has no problem travelling to knock out the champion."

That bout would unify the WBC, WBA and IBF titles, with the only other major honour in the division belonging to WBO champion Parker.

No fighter has ever held all four since the WBO was founded in 1988.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42022603
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information