Default Re: At least 20 dead, 100 injured in Las Vegas shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    no guns
    no shootings
    no brainer
    Sure thing, that's exactly how things are working in Chicago

El Kabong Guest

You DO know that only law abiding citizens (by definition) follow the law? If you would like to invent a time machine and uninvent the gun then go right on ahead.

I don't care if 100,000,000 people are murdered with guns, I'm keeping mine to protect myself and my property as is my God given right. There are a lot of you who either do not understand that concept or are aghast of it....and I really do not give 1 single solitary fuck about it.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You DO know that only law abiding citizens (by definition) follow the law? If you would like to invent a time machine and uninvent the gun then go right on ahead.

I don't care if 100,000,000 people are murdered with guns, I'm keeping mine to protect myself and my property as is my God given right. There are a lot of you who either do not understand that concept or are aghast of it....and I really do not give 1 single solitary fuck about it.
    God never gave you the right to own a gun. You can be proud that you don't give a shit if 100,000,000 are murdered with guns, but you can't use God as an excuse.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand the concept of it, someone breaks into my home they will meet Mr Hammer who sleeps next to my bed, every now and again I use Mr Hammer to hammer nails into stuff.
    If I had a gun it'd be for the soul intention of killing someone, that I can't grasp the concept of.

Having said that if someone was to break into my home the chances of them having a gun are very very very slim, Mr Hammer would most likely be sufficient.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People just going to a music festival and they get mown down by some fucking maniac. Didn't deserve that, did they.

The issue is the maniac, as well as the gun. The gun just makes the crime worse because they can kill more people than they could with a knife or something else.

Gun ownership is hugely politicised in the States, so you seldom get a sensible answer from many people as they are emotionally invested in the question, sometimes for hugely different reasons.

The Japanese have just about eliminated gun crime (
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38365729), but then again we have very strict gun laws in the UK, but we still get gun crime.

I don't think it's pragmatic to try and completely ban or regulate guns in America, but then again I don't really buy the argument that everybody should be armed just in case some maniac runs amok.

There is no simple answer to this as you can't un-invent technology.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I don't understand the concept of it, someone breaks into my home they will meet Mr Hammer who sleeps next to my bed, every now and again I use Mr Hammer to hammer nails into stuff.
    If I had a gun it'd be for the soul intention of killing someone, that I can't grasp the concept of.

Having said that if someone was to break into my home the chances of them having a gun are very very very slim, Mr Hammer would most likely be sufficient.
    1. A hammer might work for 1 intruder......what if there are 2, what if you're out numbered, what if you're out muscled? Guns tend to level the playing field in those areas.
    2. You mean "sole" as in only. It would depend on what you wanted to use the gun for. If you hunt, then obviously all guns aren't for killing people (though they could be used for that purpose if the need arose). If you wanted something to protect your house then either a tactical shotgun or a pistol/revolver would be used and yeah those are to do away with people who have bad intentions.
    3. The likelihood of you being at home when there is a break in attempt is higher for the simple fact that you do not own a gun.
    4. People do not have gun ownership FORCED upon them, in America you may decide whether or not you would like a gun and should you be a law abiding citizen the government allows for it. Why is MY right so upsetting to people in England....I could aim any of my firearms in the direction of England....they don't have the range to do you any harm

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. A hammer might work for 1 intruder......what if there are 2, what if you're out numbered, what if you're out muscled? Guns tend to level the playing field in those areas.
    2. You mean "sole" as in only. It would depend on what you wanted to use the gun for. If you hunt, then obviously all guns aren't for killing people (though they could be used for that purpose if the need arose). If you wanted something to protect your house then either a tactical shotgun or a pistol/revolver would be used and yeah those are to do away with people who have bad intentions.
    3. The likelihood of you being at home when there is a break in attempt is higher for the simple fact that you do not own a gun.
    4. People do not have gun ownership FORCED upon them, in America you may decide whether or not you would like a gun and should you be a law abiding citizen the government allows for it. Why is MY right so upsetting to people in England....I could aim any of my firearms in the direction of England....they don't have the range to do you any harm
    1. At the same time if there was more than one then I would be contending with more than one gun being aimed and fired at me, in the UK I'd probably take a bit of a kicking (mind you that isn't taking into account knife crime around here)
    2. Yeah blame my phones auto correct on that bit.
    3. In the UK the chances of being at home in the UK when there is a break in attempt is extremely low I would imagine.
    4. I don't find it upsetting, I just said I don't understand it, given the fact that I've never even held a gun in my life I think that kind of makes sense.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Las Vegas update:

• 58 people killed
    • 515 injured

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One guy did all that? Shooting down from the 32nd floor?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Yes.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@El Kabong

You seem to be the resident gun expert, whats the crack with this business about silencers?
    What difference would it make if they were legalized?

I see that Hill Dogs statement has annoyed some people.

I always thought that the ''put put' noise that you get from silencers in the films is pure fiction and that real silencers don't make much of a difference to the volume at all so what are the arguments for and against.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Yes.
    It is very difficult to shoot downhill unless you are quite good at shooting. Plus, automatic weapons tend to ride up as they fire.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

]I'm against taking guns away from law-abiding citizens but there has to be some kind of a rigorous stepped-up extreme vetting psychological and psychiatric evaluation which should be conducted over about a 12-month period once every 90 days to make sure that someone is not going to snap. This guy seemed like a law-abiding citizen was 64 years old with a half a million dollar house for crying out loud who the hell would think you would do something like this?

El Kabong Guest

1. At the same time if there was more than one then I would be contending with more than one gun being aimed and fired at me, in the UK I'd probably take a bit of a kicking (mind you that isn't taking into account knife crime around here)
    2. Yeah blame my phones auto correct on that bit.
    3. In the UK the chances of being at home in the UK when there is a break in attempt is extremely low I would imagine.
    4. I don't find it upsetting, I just said I don't understand it, given the fact that I've never even held a gun in my life I think that kind of makes sense.
    1. People may not enjoy being hit with a hammer....but it's better than being shot.
    2. Well there you go
    3. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-minutes.html vs http://www.jsu.edu/police/docs/Schoolsafety.pdf
    4. Well the long and short of it is: Here in America you're allowed to protect yourself and your property SPECIFICALLY with firearms as stated in the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights is NOT a list of things Government can/should do, it's a list of things Government cannot/should not do. These Rights are not granted by the Government, they are granted by our Creator. That being the case they are "inalienable" meaning "unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor."....I don't need the Government's permission to protect my property from unlawful intruders, I don't have to ask permission. Likewise, if somebody is robbing me in the city or attempting to steal my car or what have you, yes I can defend my property. It's REALLY simple.

Thread Information