Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Give Cotto a break!

It is his last fight and it should be celebrated. Few fighters get to retire on their own terms.
I don’t think people are angry with Cotto, I think there just disappointed that he isn’t going out against a big name. I don’t think anyone really wanted to see him get beat up by Golovkin in his final fight. He’d easily handle Khan or Brook and those would have been bigger names and better fights for him to bow out with so I think it’s more disappointment than hate (could be wrong)
I was talking about this with a lad at work today, I don't have any problem with the fight, he could have took Khan he could have took Brook, whether he would have handled them easily is another question but they are good fighters and if he handles them easily then there will always be the question in Cottos head of 'how far can I push this' this is his swan song, he is bowing out, he is officially retiring, let him have an easy fight, the cunt deserves it, I believe him when he says he is done, finish on an exhibition and make a few quid.

fair play to him