Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

@El Kabong u see this. With sessions resigning pot stocks shot up. Tiltray up 30% last hour of trading

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...y-general.html

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    @El Kabong u see this. With sessions resigning pot stocks shot up. Tiltray up 30% last hour of trading

I didn't see that, but I DID see Rod Rosenstein got his goofy ass called into the White House AND I saw this.....

...lil Jim Acosta is feelin a lil froggy

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I didn't see that, but I DID see Rod Rosenstein got his goofy ass called into the White House AND I saw this.....

...lil Jim Acosta is feelin a lil froggy
    acosta is a fool

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Acosta is being nasty in order to please his bosses at CNN who despise Trump.

Jeff Zucker to CNN Staffers After Latest Trump Attack: "We Have Your Backs"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-backs-1159281

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump is a "rude and terrible person".
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to say this, and everyone here knows I'm not a fan of Trump's personality.

But..... newspeople are given waaaaay too much leeway in how they conduct themselves. Jim Acosta behaved like an ass, and got his just reward. I read somewhere that journalists ask questions as though they were prosecution attorneys. I'm gonna have to agree with that statement. For a long time now I've identified several newscasters on TV who seem to have some sort of complex where they feel they can just run over people with their questions. As long as they're allowed to get away with that shit, it'll continue to happen. I believe in balance.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I hate to say this, and everyone here knows I'm not a fan of Trump's personality.

But..... newspeople are given waaaaay too much leeway in how they conduct themselves. Jim Acosta behaved like an ass, and got his just reward. I read somewhere that journalists ask questions as though they were prosecution attorneys. I'm gonna have to agree with that statement. For a long time now I've identified several newscasters on TV who seem to have some sort of complex where they feel they can just run over people with their questions. As long as they're allowed to get away with that shit, it'll continue to happen. I believe in balance.
    There was nothing wrong with asking the questions.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

He said it wasn't an invasion... Trump said it was. Then Trump politely said it was a difference of opinion. At that point your 5 minutes are up, and there are others waiting to ask questions. Having to have some women trying to take the mic away from him is embarrassing. Newspeople thrive on sensationalism. Acosta also asked some inflammatory questions. That's not a journalist's job.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He said it wasn't an invasion... Trump said it was. Then Trump politely said it was a difference of opinion. At that point your 5 minutes are up, and there are others waiting to ask questions. Having to have some women trying to take the mic away from him is embarrassing. Newspeople thrive on sensationalism. Acosta also asked some inflammatory questions. That's not a journalist's job.
    Journalist's job is to ask questions, it is part of the democratic process, trying to take the microphone off him was petty. Trump took away his pass afterwards was wrong too.

El Kabong Guest

Journalist's job is to ask questions
    Yes, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    it is part of the democratic process
    Yes

trying to take the microphone off him was petty
    Jim Acosta never treated Obama that way, he never treated any of Obama's Press Secretaries the way he treats Sarah Huckabee-Sanders. It's the White House press POOL.....play nice, which doesn't mean let everything the President does slide it just means follow decorum, or get the hook...Acosta has consistently been an ASS and so he got treated like one in return.

Trump took away his pass afterwards was wrong too.
    That's Trump's prerogative and Jim Acosta poked the bear one too many times and he fucked around and found out.....you don't pull that shit...imagine any Conservative press ever treating a Democrat President that way in the White House press pool, you HAVE to imagine it because it's never fucking happened just like if the Republicans lose an election we don't riot, we sit at home watching the news and saying "Well, now they've fucked everything up again" ..... @Master the left is not above unleashing violent protesters, they do it all the fucking time, they NEVER get called on it, only the Republicans are tone policed and it's about fucking time someone called out the vitriol from the left....Trump has done that and the left is weeping like a fussy 2 year old.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree on your last point.

El Kabong Guest

Now I have to say I DO like Trump I think he's done a bangup job he hasn't been perfect but he's done very well and he's proven he's not like regular politicians who make hollow promises they never intend to fulfill. Trump gets what he promised done...moving the embassy to Jerusalem immediately and under budget was not only impressive it was done with so much ease as a voter you wonder "OK why the FUCK did that take so long?" and then again with Korea and Kim Jong Un he gets the Korean War officially ended (10 Presidents later) AND he gets Lil Kim/Little 'Un to stop firing off rockets all willy nilly and again as a citizen you're like "Hold up....I thought this was supposed to be some complicated shit here, how is a 'reality tv star' (which is how the news constantly referred to Trump) getting this done and 'real life politicians' aren't?" it doesn't speak well for "politicians" on either side.

Now that said, regardless of who is President, the press has a role to play which is to tell the news, ask difficult questions, and hold those in power accountable....they still at the very least need to respect the office of President. I don't want the press acting like Jim Acosta....he's deliberately playing a side....that's not how media should work at the very least it's not how the White House press pool should work regardless of who is holding the office.

El Kabong Guest

This just in Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has suffered a fall and broke 3 ribs....let's see how the Democrats are taking this....

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well well well, how about that then? Not everybody in America is a thick bedwetting racist.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Well well well, how about that then? Not everybody in America is a thick bedwetting racist.
    Explain the racist part please.

Thread Information