Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So a reporter has a constitutional right to sit in the White House? Who decides who a reporter is. Can I be one by simply saying so. I demand a seat in the White House.
    Think it was once pretty similar to that, it is our house after all. But hats off for a free press and all the networks unifying to say 'whoa buddy' we'll ask the questions and play your foil..to a point. That's what the whole thing was after all..Acosta was a telegraphed slow pitch over the plate for Trump and that's why he went all 'us vs them' once again calling on him and hurling insults. Being asked irritating questions is part of the job, the President needs to be bigger and prepared and toughen up.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    So a reporter has a constitutional right to sit in the White House? Who decides who a reporter is. Can I be one by simply saying so. I demand a seat in the White House.
    Think it was once pretty similar to that, it is our house after all. But hats off for a free press and all the networks unifying to say 'whoa buddy' we'll ask the questions and play your foil..to a point. That's what the whole thing was after all..Acosta was a telegraphed slow pitch over the plate for Trump and that's why he went all 'us vs them' once again calling on him and hurling insults. Being asked irritating questions is part of the job, the President needs to be bigger and prepared and toughen up.

I see part of that. But it's a fine line between irritating questions, and grandstanding trying to be The Show. Too many interviewers, commentators and other newspeople nowadays feel the need to be bigger than their role. Don't know if it's generational or what. It's ok to be insistent and firm if your motives are good and the lines of professionalism aren't blurred or crossed. But too many of these guys get off on getting a rise out of the recipient of their questions. That shouldn't be acceptable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I see part of that. But it's a fine line between irritating questions, and grandstanding trying to be The Show. Too many interviewers, commentators and other newspeople nowadays feel the need to be bigger than their role. Don't know if it's generational or what. It's ok to be insistent and firm if your motives are good and the lines of professionalism aren't blurred or crossed. But too many of these guys get off on getting a rise out of the recipient of their questions. That shouldn't be acceptable.
    We're very much a 'all about my moment' society now. Everyone unfortunately wants to be the star true enough. But I don't think that's the case here. Trump could easily have the exact same said of him. And he's the President with much higher ground. Professionalism doesn't go hand in hand with labeling reporters the enemy of the people, calling them dumb or their questions flat of racist . And who defines the good or bad motives of an Independent press, it seems largely in Trumps view that it is someone who agrees or disagrees with him.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're very much a 'all about my moment' society now. Everyone unfortunately wants to be the star true enough. But I don't think that's the case here. Trump could easily have the exact same said of him. And he's the President with much higher ground. Professionalism doesn't go hand in hand with labeling reporters the enemy of the people, calling them dumb or their questions flat of racist . And who defines the good or bad motives of an Independent press, it seems largely in Trumps view that it is someone who agrees or disagrees with him.
    You ask a question, if you don’t like the answer you don’t ask the question six times demanding a different answer. Give up the mike, you have a lot of people waiting.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You ask a question, if you don’t like the answer you don’t ask the question six times demanding a different answer. Give up the mike, you have a lot of people waiting.
    Honestly sounds like any given Monday dealing with that one arsehole client holding up lunch for everyone . Questions keep coming you have to navigate the waters.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly sounds like any given Monday dealing with that one arsehole client holding up lunch for everyone . Questions keep coming you have to navigate the waters.
    That is one benefit of third shift, much less humans to deal with

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    There is something Trump did when he got elected.
    Most overlooked in every fact.
    He tweeted Merry Christmas, this was verbotten in every company forced to say happy holidays, for years.
    Middle America will never forget.
    What did Obama do ruin health care for millions of taxpayers.

Not saying Trump is Jesus, but if I was American I wouldn't vote anyone else.
    Thanks for sharing. Whereabouts are you from?
    Hong Kong, but really from UK

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He tweeted Merry Christmas, this was verbotten in every company forced to say happy holidays, for years.

damn I hear Hong Kong is one of the most expensive places to live, must be interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

damn I hear Hong Kong is one of the most expensive places to live, must be interesting.
    Culture is different, but the neon signs make up for it, food is great.
    I have a wife but am willing to trade lol, not serious, maybe serious, okay thats enough of that.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a wife but am willing to trade lol, not serious, maybe serious, okay thats enough of that.
    Dude I’ve been to mainland China and I have to say it was the best food I ever ate. They call it the mother of all cuisine, where the French to sauces, Italians got pasta etc. they brought into the world Peking duck as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude I’ve been to mainland China and I have to say it was the best food I ever ate. They call it the mother of all cuisine, where the French to sauces, Italians got pasta etc. they brought into the world Peking duck as well
    Well that must be the good old days, yes it is cheap but either because of the pesticides or pollution the food is not up to much.
    HK food much better, but you do not get vegetables.
    Not even joking it is a separate main to eat vegetables.
    Reason being it is labour intensive to wash the pesticides off the vegetables, still best God damn, food I ever ate.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is one benefit of third shift, much less humans to deal with

I think BOTH sides need to be held accountable..... Trump and his questioners. I still think Acosta exceeded his bounds, and abused his role. On the other hand, I agree that Trump does define good and bad depending on whether you agree with him or not. Not a good look for a President.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

People were banned from saying Merry Christmas before Trump took office?

Obama secured healthcare for about thirty million Americans who previously didn't have it. The brilliant Trump healthcare plan, if it had passed, would have taken healthcare away from 25 million Americans.
    LOL "secured"....I believe you mean FORCED UPON THEM.

If the 25 Million wanted the health INSURANCE (not care you fucking rube) they could willingly go out and buy it themselves because nobody was stopping them to start with.

Awww, and you didn't speak about the rabid jackals trying to shut down Ben Shapiro's speech, did ya miss that part or you just chilling out away from that because it's a bad look and you KNOW it's a bad look?
    That kind of begs the question of why millions of people who you claim could have got insurance didn't take it out before Obamacare came along and then did take it out after Obamacare passed, doesn't it thickhead?

There were millions of people with preexisting conditions who couldn't get healthcare as it was unafforable before Obamacare came along. Nobody forced them to take out policies after Obamacare passed, nobody is doing so now but still these people stubbornly keep paying for access to healthcare for some reason. You'll probably still just about be able to remember back a couple of weeks ago when the pre midterm healthcare argument was who would protect the ability of people with preexisting medical conditions to get affordable healthcare. It's a very popular thing Lyle. And it was made available to twenty five million Americans by the Democrats. The GOP alternative, which failed to pass, was to take healthcare away from those 25 million and give the resulting savings away as an investment tax cut to the top few percent of the country.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for your "Voter fraud?!?!?! Why I do declare there's no such thing"

Mixing regular ballots and provisional ballots ain't kosher and Brenda Snipes did EXACTLY that. But you go ahead on and deny and deflect Kirkland. Go ahead and believe that in Arizona that Maricopa County voted hard R for Governor and hard D for Senator because that happens all the time.

If you think the Republican Party is racist then where are you on people calling Black Republicans "Uncle Toms" or "Race Traitors" I take it from your stance on the Republicans that you're apt to believe the very same which would of course make you yourself a racist.
    There hasn't been a single piece of evidence produced to back up any claims of voter fraud. That's because none exists.

You seem determined to avoid talking about Trump's historic arse kicking in the midterms. The Democrats control the House now. They now have subpoena power and are going to spend the next two years investigating him. He's not going to enjoy watching cable news for the next two years.
    Dude, what is the “historic ass kicking” he did better than obama and Clinton. Do u know what you are talking about? He gained in the senate. The Dems are going to waste so much time investigating him in the house people will be pissed off and they will pay for it in 2020
    Both of them had midterms in the middle of recessions, in Obama's case at the end of the biggest economic meltdown since the Depression. Despite inheriting an economic expansion and low unemployment, steady job creation and so on Trump lost the popular vote by a margin of over seven points, even bigger than the 1994 wave election that we were told changed politics in America. People really don't like him. If the economy goes south or stutters over the next two years, and it's very likely to do so, things will be even worse for Trump in 2020.

Nobody apart from Trump voters is going to be pissed off that proper congressional oversight of the executive branch is being carried out. If the Democrats go nuts and have, say, eight investigations into some issue that Trump had nothing to do with and try and smear him with it like the Republicans did with Benghazi then I'll agree with you. But after eight investigations the Republicans still managed to win in 2016, didn't they.
    Nice Kirk but we don’t go by popular vote we go by electoral college. People are already annoyed with the Russia thing yes they will see the house just doing what Dems have been doing before trump even took office which is cry that it was an unfair and continue to attack the guy and it will blow up on them like the big piece of poopy u are. U are still forgetting the electoral college eh
    If there's the same seven point swing in 2020 the Democratic candidate wins the electoral college in a landslide.

El Kabong Guest

That kind of begs the question of why millions of people who you claim could have got insurance didn't take it out before Obamacare came along and then did take it out after Obamacare passed, doesn't it thickhead?

There were millions of people with preexisting conditions who couldn't get healthcare as it was unafforable before Obamacare came along. Nobody forced them to take out policies after Obamacare passed, nobody is doing so now but still these people stubbornly keep paying for access to healthcare for some reason. You'll probably still just about be able to remember back a couple of weeks ago when the pre midterm healthcare argument was who would protect the ability of people with preexisting medical conditions to get affordable healthcare. It's a very popular thing Lyle. And it was made available to twenty five million Americans by the Democrats. The GOP alternative, which failed to pass, was to take healthcare away from those 25 million and give the resulting savings away as an investment tax cut to the top few percent of the country.

It's called the individual mandate meaning people were punished financially if they didn't opt in to Obamacare....Obamacare, so great, so awesome, you have to be FORCED to buy it

They could get healthCARE they had trouble with the health INSURANCE. If there's an emergency situation Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act requires the doctor(s) on hand to treat or transfer the patient(s) to those who are able to treat them under penalty of law. American health insurance is not the most affordable for various reasons, but nobody is denied health insurance and pre-existing conditions are no longer charged extra for (meaning 1 person's premium doesn't go up, EVERYONE'S premium goes up).

Hate to break it to you, but not all 25 million of those folks without Health Insurance wanted to be forced to buy health insurance, so while YOU might think "Well 25 Million people gotta love the Democrats, they just GOTTA" .....no, they don't, they feel like they had been forced to buy something they hadn't planned on buying, but hey c'est la vie when you think like a Socialist eh comrade

If there's the same seven point swing in 2020 the Democratic candidate wins the electoral college in a landslide.
    Big if true

Thread Information