Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  103
Likes Likes:  778
Dislikes Dislikes:  102
Page 156 of 325 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4874

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
  1. #2326
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    That kind of begs the question of why millions of people who you claim could have got insurance didn't take it out before Obamacare came along and then did take it out after Obamacare passed, doesn't it thickhead?

    There were millions of people with preexisting conditions who couldn't get healthcare as it was unafforable before Obamacare came along. Nobody forced them to take out policies after Obamacare passed, nobody is doing so now but still these people stubbornly keep paying for access to healthcare for some reason. You'll probably still just about be able to remember back a couple of weeks ago when the pre midterm healthcare argument was who would protect the ability of people with preexisting medical conditions to get affordable healthcare. It's a very popular thing Lyle. And it was made available to twenty five million Americans by the Democrats. The GOP alternative, which failed to pass, was to take healthcare away from those 25 million and give the resulting savings away as an investment tax cut to the top few percent of the country.

    It's called the individual mandate meaning people were punished financially if they didn't opt in to Obamacare....Obamacare, so great, so awesome, you have to be FORCED to buy it



    They could get healthCARE they had trouble with the health INSURANCE. If there's an emergency situation Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act requires the doctor(s) on hand to treat or transfer the patient(s) to those who are able to treat them under penalty of law. American health insurance is not the most affordable for various reasons, but nobody is denied health insurance and pre-existing conditions are no longer charged extra for (meaning 1 person's premium doesn't go up, EVERYONE'S premium goes up).


    Hate to break it to you, but not all 25 million of those folks without Health Insurance wanted to be forced to buy health insurance, so while YOU might think "Well 25 Million people gotta love the Democrats, they just GOTTA" .....no, they don't, they feel like they had been forced to buy something they hadn't planned on buying, but hey c'est la vie when you think like a Socialist eh comrade


    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    If there's the same seven point swing in 2020 the Democratic candidate wins the electoral college in a landslide.
    Big if true
    That's not the same thing as being forced to buy healthcare. The individual mandate initially was a four hundred dollar fine if you didn't want to take out health insurance. So you could just pay a dollar a day and avoid having to take out insurance. Can you show me any examples of people out there who were forced to buy health insurance and would prefer not to have it?

    Pre Obamacare if somebody without insurance wanted treatment they had to wait until they were sick enough to be accepted in the emergency room of their local hospital. And of course that meant that they were subject to bankrupcy, losing their house and so on as emergency room treatment is prohibitively expensive.

    An example:


    The doctors made the quick assessment that the baby was fine, with only slight bruises on the forehead and the nose. The baby took a short nap in Jang's arms, drank infant formula, and was discharged after a few hours.
    Two years later, the medical bill arrived at their home. According to the hospital, the South Korean couple owes $18,836 for the visit to the emergency room, which lasted just over three hours. The bulk of the amount was referred to as a trauma activation fee, which costs $15,666.


    https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...mula-in-er.htm

    Preexisting conditions are now not charged extra due to the Affordable Care Act -- Obamacare. Before Obamacare people with preexisting conditions were priced out of the market. Now the Obamacare law means that people with preexisting conditions get community rating -- the same premium rate as those without. That's why millions of people now have health insurance they didn't previously have. What part of this don't you understand?

  2. #2327
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,615
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3025
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    [
    That's not the same thing as being forced to buy healthcare. The individual mandate initially was a four hundred dollar fine if you didn't want to take out health insurance. So you could just pay a dollar a day and avoid having to take out insurance. Can you show me any examples of people out there who were forced to buy health insurance and would prefer not to have it?

    Pre Obamacare if somebody without insurance wanted treatment they had to wait until they were sick enough to be accepted in the emergency room of their local hospital. And of course that meant that they were subject to bankrupcy, losing their house and so on as emergency room treatment is prohibitively expensive.

    An example:


    The doctors made the quick assessment that the baby was fine, with only slight bruises on the forehead and the nose. The baby took a short nap in Jang's arms, drank infant formula, and was discharged after a few hours.
    Two years later, the medical bill arrived at their home. According to the hospital, the South Korean couple owes $18,836 for the visit to the emergency room, which lasted just over three hours. The bulk of the amount was referred to as a trauma activation fee, which costs $15,666.


    https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...mula-in-er.htm

    Preexisting conditions are now not charged extra due to the Affordable Care Act -- Obamacare. Before Obamacare people with preexisting conditions were priced out of the market. Now the Obamacare law means that people with preexisting conditions get community rating -- the same premium rate as those without. That's why millions of people now have health insurance they didn't previously have. What part of this don't you understand?
    Why 60 percent of small-business owners want Obamacare repealed
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/05/why-...-repealed.html
    Topping the list is the overturn of the individual mandate that requires employers with 50 employers or more to provide health care or pay penalties. Paul Entin, 48, owner of EPR Marketing, a two-person marketing firm in Bloomsbury, New Jersey, is among those who chaffed at being forced by the federal government to buy health insurance

    Being what in the who now?


    Pot-ay-to Pot-ah-to....pay the fine or buy the insurance, the choice of who you are FORCED to give your money to is all yours

    Yeah, could have done that, or they could have been responsible and had insurance to start with. And I am 100% certain that Illegal Immigrants using emergency care and never paying doesn't drive up costs significantly


    Insurance is a gamble, when it comes to health some folks have better odds, some have shitty odds, I'm not saying it's fair at all, I'm saying the Democrats who pushed for reforming healthcare to start with screwed the pooch. Employers who provided health insurance in the early 40's and it being tax deductible started to discourage INDIVIDUALS from buying their own health insurance, then Medicare started even more government subsidizing of health insurance for those over 65....Kirkland, you're smart on occasion, what happens when the government subsidizes something? YES the price goes sky high! Then everyone's favorite drunk driving murderer Ted Kennedy said "The government ought to pay for everyone's healthcare!!!!" an idea still beloved by those on the left today....only thing is ol' Teddy Kennedy and Nixon ended up passing the HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) Act which damn near wiped out individual affordable health insurance all by itself....these government doings only drive the screw in deeper, it's going to end up being an Orwellian distopia for health insurance because there's a section of society which won't or can't (but mostly won't) pay for their coverage and they just pass that burden on to the middle class...those living life high on the hog aren't bothered by such things as they can make up losses by importing dirt poor folks willing to do work for half the price as the average citizen and that poor bastard will save money because they won't be paying property taxes or anything else....but hey give the everything to the illegals and watch how our social safety net supports everyone treating it like a hammock.




    On a different note...


    China’s former chief trade negotiator criticises Beijing’s ‘unwise’ tactics in US tariff war
    https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...cises-beijings
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  3. #2328
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    [
    That's not the same thing as being forced to buy healthcare. The individual mandate initially was a four hundred dollar fine if you didn't want to take out health insurance. So you could just pay a dollar a day and avoid having to take out insurance. Can you show me any examples of people out there who were forced to buy health insurance and would prefer not to have it?

    Pre Obamacare if somebody without insurance wanted treatment they had to wait until they were sick enough to be accepted in the emergency room of their local hospital. And of course that meant that they were subject to bankrupcy, losing their house and so on as emergency room treatment is prohibitively expensive.

    An example:


    The doctors made the quick assessment that the baby was fine, with only slight bruises on the forehead and the nose. The baby took a short nap in Jang's arms, drank infant formula, and was discharged after a few hours.
    Two years later, the medical bill arrived at their home. According to the hospital, the South Korean couple owes $18,836 for the visit to the emergency room, which lasted just over three hours. The bulk of the amount was referred to as a trauma activation fee, which costs $15,666.


    https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...mula-in-er.htm

    Preexisting conditions are now not charged extra due to the Affordable Care Act -- Obamacare. Before Obamacare people with preexisting conditions were priced out of the market. Now the Obamacare law means that people with preexisting conditions get community rating -- the same premium rate as those without. That's why millions of people now have health insurance they didn't previously have. What part of this don't you understand?
    Why 60 percent of small-business owners want Obamacare repealed
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/05/why-...-repealed.html
    Topping the list is the overturn of the individual mandate that requires employers with 50 employers or more to provide health care or pay penalties. Paul Entin, 48, owner of EPR Marketing, a two-person marketing firm in Bloomsbury, New Jersey, is among those who chaffed at being forced by the federal government to buy health insurance

    Being what in the who now?


    Pot-ay-to Pot-ah-to....pay the fine or buy the insurance, the choice of who you are FORCED to give your money to is all yours

    Yeah, could have done that, or they could have been responsible and had insurance to start with. And I am 100% certain that Illegal Immigrants using emergency care and never paying doesn't drive up costs significantly


    Insurance is a gamble, when it comes to health some folks have better odds, some have shitty odds, I'm not saying it's fair at all, I'm saying the Democrats who pushed for reforming healthcare to start with screwed the pooch. Employers who provided health insurance in the early 40's and it being tax deductible started to discourage INDIVIDUALS from buying their own health insurance, then Medicare started even more government subsidizing of health insurance for those over 65....Kirkland, you're smart on occasion, what happens when the government subsidizes something? YES the price goes sky high! Then everyone's favorite drunk driving murderer Ted Kennedy said "The government ought to pay for everyone's healthcare!!!!" an idea still beloved by those on the left today....only thing is ol' Teddy Kennedy and Nixon ended up passing the HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) Act which damn near wiped out individual affordable health insurance all by itself....these government doings only drive the screw in deeper, it's going to end up being an Orwellian distopia for health insurance because there's a section of society which won't or can't (but mostly won't) pay for their coverage and they just pass that burden on to the middle class...those living life high on the hog aren't bothered by such things as they can make up losses by importing dirt poor folks willing to do work for half the price as the average citizen and that poor bastard will save money because they won't be paying property taxes or anything else....but hey give the everything to the illegals and watch how our social safety net supports everyone treating it like a hammock.




    On a different note...


    China’s former chief trade negotiator criticises Beijing’s ‘unwise’ tactics in US tariff war
    https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...cises-beijings

    You need to read that again Lyle. Obamacare requires firms with fifty or more employees to provide healthcare or pay penalties. The person quoted in the story is the boss of a massive two person firm. The rule doesn't affect him. The person hs written the article in a misleading way to help make the point they're trying to make.

    And of the firms it does affect, the employers merely have to provide the option to sign up to Obamacare, the employee is the one who has the option of taking out and personally paying for insurance or not. The employer is simply being used to facilitate signups to increase the pool of insured people and thus ultimately lower the price of insurance to everybody. Nobody is forced to take out insurance.

    And you want people to be responsible and take out insurance. But you don't agree with the government mandating that people take out insurance, like they do with motor insurance for instance.

    The government does not subsidise health insurance for Medicare recipients. It acts as the single payer. Single payer insurance, done by governments or government controlled insurance companies is the norm in every major economy other than America. And it works out far cheaper per person than the private sysstem in America does with in most cases far better health outcomes, longer average lifespan, healthier populations and so on.








    Every country above America on that list has much better, much cheaper, socialised healthcare. In none of these countries does there exist an Orwellian nightmare for healthcare.


    And the rest of your post is a plea for regulation of the labour market. Thats something we can agree on.

  4. #2329
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,615
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3025
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You need to read that again Lyle. Obamacare requires firms with fifty or more employees to provide healthcare or pay penalties. The person quoted in the story is the boss of a massive two person firm. The rule doesn't affect him. The person hs written the article in a misleading way to help make the point they're trying to make.

    And of the firms it does affect, the employers merely have to provide the option to sign up to Obamacare, the employee is the one who has the option of taking out and personally paying for insurance or not. The employer is simply being used to facilitate signups to increase the pool of insured people and thus ultimately lower the price of insurance to everybody. Nobody is forced to take out insurance.

    And you want people to be responsible and take out insurance. But you don't agree with the government mandating that people take out insurance, like they do with motor insurance for instance.

    The government does not subsidise health insurance for Medicare recipients. It acts as the single payer. Single payer insurance, done by governments or government controlled insurance companies is the norm in every major economy other than America. And it works out far cheaper per person than the private sysstem in America does with in most cases far better health outcomes, longer average lifespan, healthier populations and so on.








    Every country above America on that list has much better, much cheaper, socialised healthcare. In none of these countries does there exist an Orwellian nightmare for healthcare.


    And the rest of your post is a plea for regulation of the labour market. Thats something we can agree on.
    Sure, yeah I need to read it again

    The individual mandate required individuals get health insurance or pay a fine. Oh and you admit Obamacare REQUIRED businesses of 50 or more to obtain health insurance or pay penalties. So yeah, those prove my points of folks being FORCED to purchase health insurance or pay a fine in order to be considered a legal citizen.

    Employers fire people, cut hours, etc, BUSINESS finds a way to keep things from effecting the bottom line and who suffers? The employees. Why do they suffer? Because of Government intervention.

    You can choose to have a car or not have a car ergo the having of insurance for a vehicle is a PERSONAL CHOICE the way buying a health insurance plan is and should remain a PERSONAL CHOICE.


    Medicaid is subsidized healthcare the ACA had subsidies in it, but hey whatever, you're not going to change your mind about it.


    Yes yes charts and graphs and ooooh how exactly like all those other nations we are and how eerily similar the RESULTS of our healthcare system match those nations





    But hey, you do you, have it your way Kirkland don't use our healthcare system it's so bad and all. Also like all your prescription drugs so cheap? You're welcome America pays for that like we cover everyone's asses with our military and yet we're expected to treat everyone as equals when other nations certainly don't have the same amount of skin in the game. Lovely.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #2330
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You need to read that again Lyle. Obamacare requires firms with fifty or more employees to provide healthcare or pay penalties. The person quoted in the story is the boss of a massive two person firm. The rule doesn't affect him. The person hs written the article in a misleading way to help make the point they're trying to make.

    And of the firms it does affect, the employers merely have to provide the option to sign up to Obamacare, the employee is the one who has the option of taking out and personally paying for insurance or not. The employer is simply being used to facilitate signups to increase the pool of insured people and thus ultimately lower the price of insurance to everybody. Nobody is forced to take out insurance.

    And you want people to be responsible and take out insurance. But you don't agree with the government mandating that people take out insurance, like they do with motor insurance for instance.

    The government does not subsidise health insurance for Medicare recipients. It acts as the single payer. Single payer insurance, done by governments or government controlled insurance companies is the norm in every major economy other than America. And it works out far cheaper per person than the private sysstem in America does with in most cases far better health outcomes, longer average lifespan, healthier populations and so on.








    Every country above America on that list has much better, much cheaper, socialised healthcare. In none of these countries does there exist an Orwellian nightmare for healthcare.


    And the rest of your post is a plea for regulation of the labour market. Thats something we can agree on.
    Sure, yeah I need to read it again

    The individual mandate required individuals get health insurance or pay a fine. Oh and you admit Obamacare REQUIRED businesses of 50 or more to obtain health insurance or pay penalties. So yeah, those prove my points of folks being FORCED to purchase health insurance or pay a fine in order to be considered a legal citizen.

    Employers fire people, cut hours, etc, BUSINESS finds a way to keep things from effecting the bottom line and who suffers? The employees. Why do they suffer? Because of Government intervention.

    You can choose to have a car or not have a car ergo the having of insurance for a vehicle is a PERSONAL CHOICE the way buying a health insurance plan is and should remain a PERSONAL CHOICE.


    Medicaid is subsidized healthcare the ACA had subsidies in it, but hey whatever, you're not going to change your mind about it.


    Yes yes charts and graphs and ooooh how exactly like all those other nations we are and how eerily similar the RESULTS of our healthcare system match those nations





    But hey, you do you, have it your way Kirkland don't use our healthcare system it's so bad and all. Also like all your prescription drugs so cheap? You're welcome America pays for that like we cover everyone's asses with our military and yet we're expected to treat everyone as equals when other nations certainly don't have the same amount of skin in the game. Lovely.

    Obamacare covers the individual health insurance market. Nobody, not firms or individuals is forced to buy insurance. If individuals don't but insurance they pay a comparatively small fine. If firms don't make health insurance available to their workers the same thing. Nobody is forced to buy anything, they can pay a fine instead. Obamacare doesn't seem to have affected the employment market, does it Lyle? It was supposed to be going to cost millions of jobs and push the country into a recession. Yet there's currently record employment and employment has increased every single month since the law passed.



    Nobody is forced to take out any health insurance. They can make a personal choice not to.



    Neither Medicare or Medicaid are subsidised. In the case of Medicare the federal government pays the whole thing. In the case of Medicaid the federal and state governments split the bill. Obamacare provides subsidies yet Obamacare policies aren't priced any differently to the private healthcare market policies Lyle. The reason for this is that they're private healthcare policies. Medicare and Medicaid work out far cheaper than private health insurance would as do single payer schemes all over the world. Perhaps you're confusing a subsidy with the fact that they're much cheaper than private health insurance.




    The American healthcare system doesn't exactly match the systems in most developed countries. You're more like Costa Rica than Norway:



    http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian...ealth-systems/




    Number thirty seven despite spending more than twice the average per capita. You only pay so much for prescription drugs because the pharma companies control the legislation governing how their products are sold. The government is actually banned by law from negotiating better prices.

  6. #2331
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    In other news this guy is going to have to testify to the House intel committee before they lose subpoena power:


    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...committee.html


    This is supposed to be the big reveal right? When Q is proved right and all the arrests start?


    Trump has booted Sessions out and installed a crooked failed hot tub salesman as acting AG. Surely he's done this for some eleven dimensional chess reason. It couldn't be he's put somebody in who will let Trump dictate to the DOJ what he wants them to do?

  7. #2332
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,598
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4761
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Has to sting to have a Chief Justice come out and take you down a peg. Things should never get to the level they are at now. The fake war with the press that he stoked then had blow up in his face, the complete failure to properly honor troops on Veterans day as well as using them as props and having the nose of POTUS so far up Saudi Arabias arse that he sounds like a cheap used car salesman talking price tags. I have many friends who are right of right politically and it's all catching up.

  8. #2333
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,989
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    626
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Fake war with the press? The Acosta incident shows the press doesn’t give a shit about gathering facts. They just grandstand. Saudi Arabia can kill millions since the house of saud came to be and now one journalist puts the world on alert. What frickin hypocrisy

  9. #2334
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,598
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4761
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Fake war with the press? The Acosta incident shows the press doesn’t give a shit about gathering facts. They just grandstand. Saudi Arabia can kill millions since the house of saud came to be and now one journalist puts the world on alert. What frickin hypocrisy
    Acosta was a rude individual Trump knew would act as just that. The irony is he hasn't mentioned his 'invasion' they were arguing about since as far as I can tell? And lets be honest Trump and facts aren't exactly joined at the hip. Reagan had arseholes in the front row too.

    And it certainly didn't take the butchering on a U.S resident and ironically a dogged journalist calling out the Saudi regime for world leaders to already be on alert about their track record prior. It's just another fact and additional incident that the President ignores as he again brushes Intel aside.

  10. #2335
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,989
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    626
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Fake war with the press? The Acosta incident shows the press doesn’t give a shit about gathering facts. They just grandstand. Saudi Arabia can kill millions since the house of saud came to be and now one journalist puts the world on alert. What frickin hypocrisy
    Acosta was a rude individual Trump knew would act as just that. The irony is he hasn't mentioned his 'invasion' they were arguing about since as far as I can tell? And lets be honest Trump and facts aren't exactly joined at the hip. Reagan had arseholes in the front row too.

    And it certainly didn't take the butchering on a U.S resident and ironically a dogged journalist calling out the Saudi regime for world leaders to already be on alert about their track record prior. It's just another fact and additional incident that the President ignores as he again brushes Intel aside.
    I’m curious seriously. Hundreds of thousands killed by the house of saud in proxy wars with Iran, the jailing and torture of Christians and for years the west, not just the us had cow towed to them. Now under trump a journalist bid killed, which is bad, happens in Russia often, and now the Saudis are evil?


    The 9th circuit has a history of making, not interpreting law which is why so many 9th circuit cases are overturned. It’s just odd the way all this plays out in the press. There has been plenty of uproar in the past over 9th circuit decisions.

  11. #2336
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Has to sting to have a Chief Justice come out and take you down a peg. Things should never get to the level they are at now. The fake war with the press that he stoked then had blow up in his face, the complete failure to properly honor troops on Veterans day as well as using them as props and having the nose of POTUS so far up Saudi Arabias arse that he sounds like a cheap used car salesman talking price tags. I have many friends who are right of right politically and it's all catching up.
    Before Roberts was a SCOTUS judge he was an appellate court judge. He judged over two hundred cases, corporation against small business/union/little guy etc, big business against whoever, and in every single case he ruled for the corporation/big business/political party restricting the right to vote/againsy unions etc etc etc. In any other democracy worthy of the name that kind of record would have had him disbarred from the legal profession long before he got to a hundred. He'd be a byword for corruption. In America that record got him the Chief Justice gig.

    There are a large number of conservative judges who know their place and how to get on and Roberts worked the system better than obviously all of them. He's basically a corporate lawyer sitting on the bench. There are some judges who actually apply the law to cases without any kind of prejudice but they're in the minority now both on SCOTUS and lower down the system. But in this case Trump is right, he's just pissed off that not every judge in the country is a corporate/conservative droid yet and doesn't like it when rulings don't go his way.

    He does seem to be slipping with the job though. If the economy goes south, and major central banks are all tightening from the start of next year, he's not going to have much to boast about. He's been able to drive the news cycles in the first two years and have what he wants covered covered despite only holding a press briefing once every few weeks instead of daily like every other prez. The media with its need for ratings have given him what he wants. But next year the Democrats get subpoena power and start investigations. They're hiring money laundering experts right now to go after his business dealings. And there's nothing the media like more than a good old investigation. He's going to spend many hours watching cable TV and it's going to be news he doesn't want to see. Looks like Ivanka is going to get subpoenaed to testify at some point about using private email accounts for government business. That'll make good TV.

    What things do the right of righty Louisiana voter like and dislike about the way Trump is doing the job? Would he lose support if the economy went south?
    Last edited by Kirkland Laing; 11-23-2018 at 03:09 PM.

  12. #2337
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Fake war with the press? The Acosta incident shows the press doesn’t give a shit about gathering facts. They just grandstand. Saudi Arabia can kill millions since the house of saud came to be and now one journalist puts the world on alert. What frickin hypocrisy
    Acosta was a rude individual Trump knew would act as just that. The irony is he hasn't mentioned his 'invasion' they were arguing about since as far as I can tell? And lets be honest Trump and facts aren't exactly joined at the hip. Reagan had arseholes in the front row too.

    And it certainly didn't take the butchering on a U.S resident and ironically a dogged journalist calling out the Saudi regime for world leaders to already be on alert about their track record prior. It's just another fact and additional incident that the President ignores as he again brushes Intel aside.
    I’m curious seriously. Hundreds of thousands killed by the house of saud in proxy wars with Iran, the jailing and torture of Christians and for years the west, not just the us had cow towed to them. Now under trump a journalist bid killed, which is bad, happens in Russia often, and now the Saudis are evil?


    The 9th circuit has a history of making, not interpreting law which is why so many 9th circuit cases are overturned. It’s just odd the way all this plays out in the press. There has been plenty of uproar in the past over 9th circuit decisions.
    The Ninth Circuit is well down the list for having rulings overturned. And it's mainly because in a lot of the cases they get to rule on there were effectively five corporate lawyers on the court above them and now there actually are five.

  13. #2338
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,989
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    626
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Fake war with the press? The Acosta incident shows the press doesn’t give a shit about gathering facts. They just grandstand. Saudi Arabia can kill millions since the house of saud came to be and now one journalist puts the world on alert. What frickin hypocrisy
    Acosta was a rude individual Trump knew would act as just that. The irony is he hasn't mentioned his 'invasion' they were arguing about since as far as I can tell? And lets be honest Trump and facts aren't exactly joined at the hip. Reagan had arseholes in the front row too.

    And it certainly didn't take the butchering on a U.S resident and ironically a dogged journalist calling out the Saudi regime for world leaders to already be on alert about their track record prior. It's just another fact and additional incident that the President ignores as he again brushes Intel aside.
    I’m curious seriously. Hundreds of thousands killed by the house of saud in proxy wars with Iran, the jailing and torture of Christians and for years the west, not just the us had cow towed to them. Now under trump a journalist bid killed, which is bad, happens in Russia often, and now the Saudis are evil?


    The 9th circuit has a history of making, not interpreting law which is why so many 9th circuit cases are overturned. It’s just odd the way all this plays out in the press. There has been plenty of uproar in the past over 9th circuit decisions.
    The Ninth Circuit is well down the list for having rulings overturned. And it's mainly because in a lot of the cases they get to rule on there were effectively five corporate lawyers on the court above them and now there actually are five.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.was...uit-reversals/ You are right Kirk not that bad, just under 80% overturned

  14. #2339
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Fake war with the press? The Acosta incident shows the press doesn’t give a shit about gathering facts. They just grandstand. Saudi Arabia can kill millions since the house of saud came to be and now one journalist puts the world on alert. What frickin hypocrisy
    Acosta was a rude individual Trump knew would act as just that. The irony is he hasn't mentioned his 'invasion' they were arguing about since as far as I can tell? And lets be honest Trump and facts aren't exactly joined at the hip. Reagan had arseholes in the front row too.

    And it certainly didn't take the butchering on a U.S resident and ironically a dogged journalist calling out the Saudi regime for world leaders to already be on alert about their track record prior. It's just another fact and additional incident that the President ignores as he again brushes Intel aside.
    I’m curious seriously. Hundreds of thousands killed by the house of saud in proxy wars with Iran, the jailing and torture of Christians and for years the west, not just the us had cow towed to them. Now under trump a journalist bid killed, which is bad, happens in Russia often, and now the Saudis are evil?


    The 9th circuit has a history of making, not interpreting law which is why so many 9th circuit cases are overturned. It’s just odd the way all this plays out in the press. There has been plenty of uproar in the past over 9th circuit decisions.
    The Ninth Circuit is well down the list for having rulings overturned. And it's mainly because in a lot of the cases they get to rule on there were effectively five corporate lawyers on the court above them and now there actually are five.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.was...uit-reversals/ You are right Kirk not that bad, just under 80% overturned

    If the GOP can keep packing the federal courts eventually SCOTUS won't have to overturn any rulings at all. It'll be the perfect legal system.

  15. #2340
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,615
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3025
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    So Kirkland, you believe the Republicans LIKE the 9th circuit?
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

    Array

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
  2. Trump In
    By denilson200 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
  4. Donald Trump......
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing