Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

@Master see the press just fucks with ur head

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...founders-time/

So it was ok for James Madison or JFK but for trump it's evil right
    Last edited by walrus; 12-06-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump was an outsider to the political system. When the race started, everyone figured it would be Jeb Bush vs Hillary. Those were the two "establishment" candidates who had the most power and money behind their campaigns. The Republicans didn't want guys like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and especially not Donald Trump.

The Democrats chose to push an unlikable candidate with a ton of baggage and it blew up in their faces. Donald Trump is not the Lord and Saviour that his advocates think he is, but he's not the second coming of Hitler like liberals think.

Personally I was happy to see him win over Hillary, because it's been entertaining as hell watching it from up here in Canada.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dannl99 View Post
    Trump was an outsider to the political system. When the race started, everyone figured it would be Jeb Bush vs Hillary. Those were the two "establishment" candidates who had the most power and money behind their campaigns. The Republicans didn't want guys like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and especially not Donald Trump.

The Democrats chose to push an unlikable candidate with a ton of baggage and it blew up in their faces. Donald Trump is not the Lord and Saviour that his advocates think he is, but he's not the second coming of Hitler like liberals think.

Personally I was happy to see him win over Hillary, because it's been entertaining as hell watching it from up here in Canada.
    I really enjoyed me trips to Canada, Montreal is a nice city, Toronto is also nice but a lot of people tried to sell me drugs

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I really enjoyed me trips to Canada, Montreal is a nice city, Toronto is also nice but a lot of people tried to sell me drugs
    Vancouver is beautiful
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Vancouver is beautiful
    Yes... but too expensive

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

84% of the country worse off under the Trump tax plan. That's according to the Trump JCT which has goosed the nubers massively with dynamic scoring bs to make it look better than it actually will be. All to give a gigantic tax cut to a bunch of globalist firms who are half owned by foreigners. Fifty percent of this tax cut goes to foreign globalists, the other half to American globalists.

Trump supporters must be exhausted with all the winning. And with that, the weekend beckons.
    See I've read something completely different and it was from a liberal rag that stated it was trying to look at it objectively. They found the majority of the middle class will receive tax relief. Now let me ask you, the senators complaining this may increase the debt, where we're the the 8 years Obama spent 10 trillion. Kirk you prob know little about us tax code but the majority of the middle class don't itemize, it is those that don't, which is most, will benefit. I don't know what they will do with the deductions that is still being worked out
    That comes from Trump's own government department staffed with people he appointed. Most of the middle class will get a tax cut of a few hundred dollars for a few years but the cuts gradually sunset and in eigh t to ten years almost everybody gets a tax increase over the current situation. That's what the graph says if you actually read it. Again, who is likely to know more about the US tax code?
    Dude u are so full of shit, how are your taxes in the UK let's talk about that. As far as who knows more about the tax code I have three businesses, equities, commodities so I do thank you
    I'm so full of shit that you want to completely change the subject.

I don't really pay a lot of taxes in any country where I earn taxable income. Over the last ten years my tax rate averages out in the low single digits.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Vancouver is beautiful
    Yes... but too expensive
    I've been to Whistler. I've had three or four skiing holidays and I still haven't ever skied yet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny lower taxes. Faster growth, less red tape and Nancy peolosi says its the end of the world. They do not want the country doing better, they want America ruined, they are scared shitless the economy will look good in 2020. Unemployment down and growth upis Armageddon to democrats, sad
    Job creation has slowed down under Trump. It was faster under Obama. There's no massive increase in economic growth either. It's still well below what it should be at this point of the business cycle. It'll get a small boosts through the small percentage of the tax cuts that finds its way into low/middle income hands but it's the dumbest thing ever to have a tax cut in the middle of an economic expansion.

Republicans have controlled all three branches of government three times in the last hundred years. The first time was in the 1920s when their complete abdication of regulation and oversight of the financial industry led to a catastrophic economic meltdown. The second time was in the 2000s when their complete abdication of regulation and oversight of the financial industry led to a catastrophic economic meltdown. Now they're going for the hat trick:

Major players in the financial industry hope for sweeping change at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) now that a staunch conservative is in charge.
    Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney was cleared to begin reshaping the CFPB when a federal court last week blocked an attempt to depose him.
    While Democrats are fretting about the CFPB’s future, banks and others in the financial services sector are eager for a new start at an agency they’ve long considered unaccountable and harmful.
    “We want Mick Mulvaney to be smart, reasonable and balanced,” said Richard Hunt, president of the Consumer Bankers Association. “He knows the CFPB has to work not only for the consumers, but for the markets together.”Hunt called for a top-to-bottom review of CFPB personnel in the hopes of bringing in more employees who “understand the relationship between banks and consumers.”
    Ironically, the very thing critics find most objectionable about the CFPB — the power instilled in a single director — now gives Mulvaney the ability to make wholesale changes to the CFPB’s priorities.
    “The structure of the CFPB is just fundamentally flawed. Authority that I have now as the acting director really should frighten people,” Mulvaney said on Thursday.
    “We’re going to try and limit as much as we can what the CFPB does to sort of interfere with capitalism and with the financial services market.”
    Under its last director, Richard Cordray, the CFPB was aggressive in taking on the financial sector. The agency fined banks, financial services companies and lenders millions of dollars for alleged fraud while issuing rules that reshaped much of the industry. Democrats often tout the $12 million in restitution the CFPB won for more than 30 million defrauded consumers.
    Republicans, who opposed the creation of the CFPB from the start, argue Cordray abused the extensive power and autonomy Democrats gave the bureau to insulate its work from interference.

http://thehill.com/regulation/financ...es-on-mulvaney

It's like putting the Baader-Meinhoff gang in charge of Lufthansa.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny lower taxes. Faster growth, less red tape and Nancy peolosi says its the end of the world. They do not want the country doing better, they want America ruined, they are scared shitless the economy will look good in 2020. Unemployment down and growth upis Armageddon to democrats, sad
    Job creation has slowed down under Trump. It was faster under Obama. There's no massive increase in economic growth either. It's still well below what it should be at this point of the business cycle. It'll get a small boosts through the small percentage of the tax cuts that finds its way into low/middle income hands but it's the dumbest thing ever to have a tax cut in the middle of an economic expansion.

Republicans have controlled all three branches of government three times in the last hundred years. The first time was in the 1920s when their complete abdication of regulation and oversight of the financial industry led to a catastrophic economic meltdown. The second time was in the 2000s when their complete abdication of regulation and oversight of the financial industry led to a catastrophic economic meltdown. Now they're going for the hat trick:

Major players in the financial industry hope for sweeping change at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) now that a staunch conservative is in charge.
    Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney was cleared to begin reshaping the CFPB when a federal court last week blocked an attempt to depose him.
    While Democrats are fretting about the CFPB’s future, banks and others in the financial services sector are eager for a new start at an agency they’ve long considered unaccountable and harmful.
    “We want Mick Mulvaney to be smart, reasonable and balanced,” said Richard Hunt, president of the Consumer Bankers Association. “He knows the CFPB has to work not only for the consumers, but for the markets together.”Hunt called for a top-to-bottom review of CFPB personnel in the hopes of bringing in more employees who “understand the relationship between banks and consumers.”
    Ironically, the very thing critics find most objectionable about the CFPB — the power instilled in a single director — now gives Mulvaney the ability to make wholesale changes to the CFPB’s priorities.
    “The structure of the CFPB is just fundamentally flawed. Authority that I have now as the acting director really should frighten people,” Mulvaney said on Thursday.
    “We’re going to try and limit as much as we can what the CFPB does to sort of interfere with capitalism and with the financial services market.”
    Under its last director, Richard Cordray, the CFPB was aggressive in taking on the financial sector. The agency fined banks, financial services companies and lenders millions of dollars for alleged fraud while issuing rules that reshaped much of the industry. Democrats often tout the $12 million in restitution the CFPB won for more than 30 million defrauded consumers.
    Republicans, who opposed the creation of the CFPB from the start, argue Cordray abused the extensive power and autonomy Democrats gave the bureau to insulate its work from interference.

http://thehill.com/regulation/financ...es-on-mulvaney

It's like putting the Baader-Meinhoff gang in charge of Lufthansa.
    Crock of shit

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worse than that

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Worse than that
    I tried to have a conversation with @Kirkland Laing but he hides behind copy and paste. It's a shame as he seems like a different guy but I'm not sure he is capable of critical thought, he needs to rely on others for his thought process. Plus he is generally full of shit

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Patting a felon on the back and flat out endorsing an accused..multiple times..child molester. I live in the South and dammit Alabama is better than this. I cannot even pretend to have belief or faith in this man. We're not draining a swamp we're just pouring in more snakes.
    Dude you're showing your patriotism but what about the principal at this country was founded on innocent until proven guilty? How quickly has that been abandoned as these people just get fired like dominoes
    Bud we're talking about teens not some crappy actor of geriatric senator putting the moves on an intern or coffee gopher. I'm embarrassed for any party endorsing a guy with the multiple accounts and patterns of Moore. He's a sick fook. Trump had a softball over the plate to actually take a unified high ground but instead knee capped the party for the sake on a single vote. It's a shit show and rank short sighted head in the sand tribalism does nothing for the Country.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Patting a felon on the back and flat out endorsing an accused..multiple times..child molester. I live in the South and dammit Alabama is better than this. I cannot even pretend to have belief or faith in this man. We're not draining a swamp we're just pouring in more snakes.
    Dude you're showing your patriotism but what about the principal at this country was founded on innocent until proven guilty? How quickly has that been abandoned as these people just get fired like dominoes
    Bud we're talking about teens not some crappy actor of geriatric senator putting the moves on an intern or coffee gopher. I'm embarrassed for any party endorsing a guy with the multiple accounts and patterns of Moore. He's a sick fook. Trump had a softball over the plate to actually take a unified high ground but instead knee capped the party for the sake on a single vote. It's a shit show and rank short sighted head in the sand tribalism does nothing for the Country.
    Moore should probably just retired unless these are false accusations then I would be pissed and continue

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If all you have is allegations without proof and the accused is strongly denying the charges, what can you do? Everyone has the right to due process. I know we are in a stage where pigs are getting called out for their sexual crimes, and I think that's a great thing, but we have to remember people are innocent until proven guilty or admit guilt.

I just think it's a shame serious accusations like this are being used as political weapons. The timing of the accusations are very suspect, whether they are true or not.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spicoli I understand what you are saying. But perhaps more doesn't agree that he did that and perhaps they are bogus claims. Like I said I don't go along with any kind of action until proven guilty in a court of law

Thread Information