Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

There’s a temptation to predict immediate economic or foreign-policy collapse; I gave in to that temptation Tuesday night, but quickly realized that I was making the same mistake as the opponents of Brexit (which I got right). So I am retracting that call, right now. It’s at least possible that bigger budget deficits will, if anything, strengthen the economy briefly. More detail in Monday’s column, I suspect.

November 11, 2016

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/20...haul/?referer=

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    As usual Lyle you haven't even properly read anything about the stuff you blather on about. The reason all thes ejournalists say that Trump is working with Mueller is because they've actually read all this nonsense.

Krugman did say the market would tank on election night but reversed that two days later. Said he was just upset on election night and that there was no reason that the market would crash and the bull market would probably keep going. Krugman has an incredible record of economic predictions QED and the economic theory he subscribes to has been completely vindicted by the events of the past fifteen or so years. It would be great if you could actually understand the basics about economics so you could properly understand just how accurate his side of the economic divide has been and what a disaster the Chicago/perfect markets thing has become. They've been reworking their entire economic theory since 2009 and still no sign that they're ever going to make anything public. Unfortunately this is just another subject you know nothing about.

So you're now running away from the bet. Trump is going to wait till he leaves office before exposing this huge deep state conspiracy? Why not do it on the first of November next year? It would guarantee he gets elected again. No reporter is going to ask Trump about it because it's a crazy conspiracy theory Lyle. Only fucking morons and mentally wrong people believe it.
    I've read a great deal more on this subject than the journalists you follow. But hey, I'm not going to change your mind, I'm just going to wait.

Oh so Krugman is what a liar, a weasel, a spineless asshat who was just wrapped up in his feelings over trump winning Maybe you two should get a kitten and huddle up in a safe space.

I am well aware of how the government works and I know that it doesn't turn on a dime. If you're so fucking confident (which you certainly seem to be) then you won't mind. Besides I asked you nicely to set the limit before and what did you decide to do? You decided to keep poking the bear.....well now I set the limit so get comfortable.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You can seek asylum in any country Lyle. What you're claiming is not true.

You mean she didn't break the law so she's out of a job.

Would you exten these military tribunals and hangings to the right wing violent groups that mirror the antifacist people? Where in the law does it say that civilians can be tried by military tribunals? How are they treasonous exactly? We're not at war.

And do you understand the Fed is not printing money but Trump is demanding that they start printing money? Of course not, you have no idea what you're talking about again.
    The people coming to America are not "refugees" they are illegal immigrants. List what they are running from. Are they running away from the BILLIONS of dollars in aid America sends to their shithole nations? If there's something very wrong happening in their home countries then perhaps America should invade those nations and help those poor "refugees" out eh?

She's gone, why waste time discussing her?

As for military tribunals:

Hamdi v. Rumsfeld, 542 U.S. 507 (2004), is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court recognized the power of the U.S. government to detain enemy combatants, including U.S. citizens, but ruled that detainees who are U.S. citizens must have the rights of due process, and the ability to challenge their enemy combatant status before an impartial authority.

Oh but I don't know what I'm talking about right? Go print that out and jam it up your ass

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    See, I don't know about that part of Obama but then again I haven't read that much into his past. I only know that as the first black President of the U.S. he had a golden opportunity to deal with the very real issue of racial tensions in the country. And it's not about being a victim, or dredging up the past needlessly..... but to look forward and see how prejudices can be minimized in areas where it creates hardship, such as jobs, housing, healthcare, and other basic human needs. And I'm not talking about meaningless and harmful quotas, which all they do is create resentment. I'm talking about real fixes. I'm not about division or pitting one side against the other. But I'm AM about calling the kettle black, and not hiding from the ignorant prejudices still being clutched fiercely by some pockets of society. If they do nothing but have their little meetings and marches, so be it. Have at it. But when it permeates other parts of society, such as the police force (which is supposed to be colorblind), then it becomes an issue to be tackled head on.

If Obama didn't have that mindset, then it's too bad. It was a missed opportunity. Obama was well-spoken and had a certain amount of charisma. He could've used his influence for good, even if he failed in other areas.

Then we get to Trump. He may have inherited a very divided country.... but then he's proceeded to drive a ginormous wedge right in the middle to obliterate any chance at unification. Again.... just calling the kettle black.
    Nothing but unspeakable horrors were expected from Trump. Like McCain, like Romney, the media lifted him up during the Republican primaries and they had planned to turn on him as soon as he won, but just when they were set to pull the rug out from under him he stepped off of it. They hurled the EXACT same insults of his character they had for McCain and Romney, it's 100% why he's a dick because he cannot afford not to be a dick to the press. But then you take a look at his RESULTS.....for a White Supremacist/Neo-Nazi/UltraMegaSuper Racist he seems to tout the unemployment numbers for Black, Hispanic, Asian, and Women quite a bit does he not? Why would a horrible no good dirty racist do that?

Why would a horrible no good dirty racist care about crime in black neighborhoods? Why would a horrible lousy racist care about ILLEGAL immigrants that threaten citizens of all colors in this nation? Why would a racist want to rid communities of MS-13...I mean it's not as if MS-13 have a base at Martha's Vineyard or in Beverly Hills? Why would a horrible no good racist care about human trafficking of people of all colors? Why would a white supremacist allow his daughter to marry a Jew? Why would he allow his son to marry a Jew? Kinda odd for a WHITE supremacist no?

Then there's the whole calling out both sides doing bad in Charlottesville which of course gets no media attention at all because it threatens their narrative of him.

Why would Trump stick by Mike Tyson and say he's a good man if he's this horrible racist? Why would Trump get an Ellis Island award if he's so abhorrently racist? Why would NAACP leader Charles Evers older brother of Civil Rights hero Medgar Evers endorse Trump if he's so racist? Why would Jim Brown stand with Trump if he's so racist?

Trump is "divisive" because the MEDIA HAS THAT NARRATIVE IN MIND....all I want people to do is look at the reality of the situation not the fucking media narrative.

Given the picture that the media and Democrats paint of Trump I think he's doing pretty fucking good but he's fighting against the current because it's EASY to hate the guy if A) you were of that mindset to start and B ) if all the news you consume all day only push that narrative.

Trump paying respects to Officer Familia and Officer Singh....would a racist take the time to do that?

First of all, saying he's divisive and saying he's a racist are two different things.

For the good of the country, I couldn't give a damn whether or not he's racist. That's a personal quality, and only he knows how he truly views people of different color, ethnicity, etc.

Being divisive is another matter, and something that does affect the country.

Let's stop blaming the media for everything under the sun, shall we? We all know everything about fake media.... but there's also this small little detail called Twitter, as well as the many videos of Trump himself saying things.

For instance, if Trump calls Haiti a shithole country, and everyone gets to see it on television.... it doesn't matter how the media spins it afterward, does it.

He still said it.... and we can form our own opinions.

That was just an example by the way. Not wanting to get off on a tangent of whether he's right or not.

But back to the racist thing. If he's racist... so what? So are a lot of other people, who can still function in their jobs. Secretly they hold racist feelings and beliefs... but are careful not to let them interfere with their judgment.

Trump touts better unemployment numbers among blacks and Hispanics? What a news flash! Well hell... I guess that proves he's not a racist.

Let's be real here, Lyle. Any President is going to tout numbers that make him look good. It has nothing to do whether the guy's a racist or not.

But again, in the overall picture, Trump can be a dick, a racist, an asshole, a classless individual.... but I guess as long as he's doing his job, that's ok.

And I'm not being facetious on that one. He's there to do a job, not win a Miss America pageant.

El Kabong Guest

First of all, saying he's divisive and saying he's a racist are two different things.
    Then as per most our arguments we have talked past each other. I was judging Obama's take on race relations vs Trump's and HANDS DOWN Trump has done better.

Don't take my word for it...
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/greys-...a_2863194.html

For the good of the country, I couldn't give a damn whether or not he's racist. That's a personal quality, and only he knows how he truly views people of different color, ethnicity, etc.

Being divisive is another matter, and something that does affect the country.

Let's stop blaming the media for everything under the sun, shall we? We all know everything about fake media.... but there's also this small little detail called Twitter, as well as the many videos of Trump himself saying things.

For instance, if Trump calls Haiti a shithole country, and everyone gets to see it on television.... it doesn't matter how the media spins it afterward, does it.

He still said it.... and we can form our own opinions.

That was just an example by the way. Not wanting to get off on a tangent of whether he's right or not.

But back to the racist thing. If he's racist... so what? So are a lot of other people, who can still function in their jobs. Secretly they hold racist feelings and beliefs... but are careful not to let them interfere with their judgment.

Trump touts better unemployment numbers among blacks and Hispanics? What a news flash! Well hell... I guess that proves he's not a racist.

Let's be real here, Lyle. Any President is going to tout numbers that make him look good. It has nothing to do whether the guy's a racist or not.

But again, in the overall picture, Trump can be a dick, a racist, an asshole, a classless individual.... but I guess as long as he's doing his job, that's ok.

And I'm not being facetious on that one. He's there to do a job, not win a Miss America pageant.
    I care if he's racist! I'm not voting for a racist despite what certain people think of me. I care about ideas, I don't think you should be able to look at a person see the color of their skin and immediately say "Oh there's a person from ____ party or there's a ____ supporter".

As for Trump being divisive...who is he being divisive to? He openly courted the Black vote he said "What do you have to lose? You can vote for me or just get more Democrat lip service and they'll leave you alone for 4 years"....did Obama or Hillary EVER court the vote of rural whites? Did they? Or did they just say things like "They're bitterly clinging to their guns and religion". I remember Obama ran on "Hope & Change" but what did he produce? "Those jobs are going away you can't wave a magic wand and have them come back, they're never coming back"....that's a message of hope?!?!?! Obama actively made the police enemy number 1 throughout his presidency...that's more division than Trump has produced. Trump has won over Kim Jong Un, he's allowed our military to beat ISIS instead of tying their hands with pathetic rules of engagement. Again I posit that the media has a narrative and that narrative is negative to Trump and Trump's agenda for what reason I don't know other than there's plenty of grievance minded people in the media and they have a vested interest in seeing Democrats succeed gee I wonder why....

The DNC & media have formed a singularity

Haiti IS a shithole Haitians know it's a shithole it's why Haitians die trying to come to America. Haiti is a shithole because of their government, they don't have to be a shithole country but at present they are. Venezuela didn't use to be a shithole but it's a fucking shithole right now. Corrupt and inept government can cause tremendous issues and we can send all the aid we can afford to send and it won't help if corrupt or inept officials are in charge. Trump doesn't hate the people he hates what their governments are doing to them because it doesn't have to be that way. He DOES hate MS-13 though and to deny they're a problem (which the media and democrats often do) is a big problem.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for Trump being divisive...who is he being divisive to?

When Trump fails to come down hard on White Supremacist groups every chance he gets, he's being divisive. Before you jump in with the Antifa argument..... he should come down hard on them too. What possible purpose in God's green Earth could there be for the marches and the clashes and the violence and the provocation that only keeps getting worse and worse?? Trump is certainly not a loss for words when deriding media people, Democrats, celebrities, Mexicans, or anyone else who pisses him off. Then why the sudden meekness when asked about Charlottsville?!?!? Why not come down hard on BOTH groups, in his inimitable style, just so there's no mistake about what he's saying? Why in hell has he refused in the past to distance himself from "supporters" like David Duke and other KKK members when given the chance...... and when he finally does so it's a day late and a dollar short?? I criticized Obama for failing to cash in on his "golden opportunity." I'll be damned if I don't do the same with Trump.

Bottom line... Trump is being divisive by playing to his hardcore base, and ONLY to his hardcore base. The rest of the nation be damned. If that's not divisive then I guess I don't know what divisive means.

Let's turn this around. Say something to me..... ANYthing..... that will prove to me that Trump is a unifying President. Anything. Shouldn't that show up in the results? Are people dancing together in the streets? Hand in hand? Blacks, whites, Hispanics?

Trump has won over Kim Jong Un, he's allowed our military to beat ISIS instead of tying their hands with pathetic rules of engagement.

Yes, kudos to Trump for engaging Kim Jong Un. I've said as much many times. BUT......... where's the follow up? Where's the verification? Are we to take Kim Jong's word that he's not pursuing nuclear capability at breakneck speed? It's not quite as simple as getting your picture taken shaking Jong Un's hand. On thumping on ISIS, yes.... I'm pretty happy with that. Someone needs to squash those cockroaches, and it seems to be an ongoing, arduous, tedious task. NOTE to Lyle: No "buts" on that one. Please take note.

Haiti IS a shithole Haitians know it's a shithole it's why Haitians die trying to come to America. Haiti is a shithole because of their government, they don't have to be a shithole country but at present they are. Venezuela didn't use to be a shithole but it's a fucking shithole right now.

Here's the difference, Lyle. And maybe here will just agree to disagree. You can say Haiti is a shithole country. I can say Haiti is a shithole country. But President Trump shouldn't say Haiti is a shithole country. Simple as. Every President before Trump has managed to say what he has to say about a country, however negative, without calling it a shithole country. Decorum.... class... lead by example. Trivial to some.... important to me. I don't know too many Haitians, but I've met a few, and they're fully aware of the plight of their country. Some of them are professionals, probably educated elsewhere I realize.... but probably would object to having Trump referring to their country as a shithole country. Again... just my opinion. Venezuela... yeah.... I've known plenty of them. Typically very professional, very well-spoken people. Again... very aware of just how bad things are in their country. But probably would feel insulted if Venezuela was called a shithole country.

Again, you and I can say whatever we want without filters. Trump should have some filters.... that's all I'm saying.

He DOES hate MS-13 though and to deny they're a problem (which the media and democrats often do) is a big problem.

Just out of curiosity and not trying to stir up anything..... could you please post a quote or something from someone (media or Democrat) saying that MS-13 is not a problem?

El Kabong Guest

#1 Donald Trump denounced white supremacists neo-nazis white nationalists right after Charlottesville look it up. If he didn't meet your standard then I don't know what to tell you man.

#2 do you want the president to be real and speak honestly or do you want him to blow smoke I'd rather he speak honestly and openly and we all know what's on his mind and nobody has to play this guessing game.

#3 well just go to the quote about Donald Trump says they're animals coming across the border he was saying that about MS-13 gang members and every single Democrat and every single mainstream media channel reported that he said that about illegal immigrants and not about MS-13 gang members specifically and that right there along with that Neo-Nazi white supremacist bulshit is the epitome of what people are talking about when they talk about fake news.

Listen to the words he actually says do not listen to the media or the Democrats who are going to spin every single thing that he says but hey you do you you believe what you want to believe I'm not going to tell you otherwise I'm just telling you there's what he said and then there's what people said he said and they're not equal

El Kabong Guest

El Kabong Guest

El Kabong Guest

El Kabong Guest

Are you mollified? May I rest my case?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That wasn't his original reaction but better late than never. I'm of the opinion he gave that little speech after coming under fire for his initial remarks.

So great... he said what he had to say. Now let's see his actions follow up on his words. I'm not big on words if not followed up with actions.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This one was pretty clear. He was referring to MS-13 as animals. No qualms with that.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like Pelosi, but the video started mid-sentence. Missing some context here. Was she referring to the comments from the prior clip? If so, she's wrong. What else you got?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read an article going back to when Trump called MS-13 gang members "animals" and saw the article was very critical of Trump for doing that. Of course, the source was a very predictable source, but nevertheless it's an opinion shared by many (critical of the "animal" name calling). Frankly, I'm gonna defend Trump on that one. Needless to say, I don't like Trump nor his personality..... but once again I'm gonna call a spade a spade. Trump clearly called MS-13 gang members "animals"....... not the entire Latino community or anything of the sort. To claim otherwise is ludicrous and wanting to start a fight where there shouldn't be any. If someone were to ask me, I'd probably call them "animals" myself.

Thread Information