Dislikes Dislikes:  114
Page 203 of 556 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 8335

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Just read an article going back to when Trump called MS-13 gang members "animals" and saw the article was very critical of Trump for doing that. Of course, the source was a very predictable source, but nevertheless it's an opinion shared by many (critical of the "animal" name calling). Frankly, I'm gonna defend Trump on that one. Needless to say, I don't like Trump nor his personality..... but once again I'm gonna call a spade a spade. Trump clearly called MS-13 gang members "animals"....... not the entire Latino community or anything of the sort. To claim otherwise is ludicrous and wanting to start a fight where there shouldn't be any. If someone were to ask me, I'd probably call them "animals" myself.
    Thanks for taking the time to give an honest look and listen.

The fake news is pretty scary and it is why I will now question EVERYTHING from the media. I like how you're asking for context in the Pelosi clip too.

Better?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said I've never been a Pelosi fan. If she indeed was referring to Trump's comments on that other clip, then she's guilty of the same willful misinterpretation that so many others are guilty of in politics and the media nowadays.

El Kabong Guest

Like I said I've never been a Pelosi fan. If she indeed was referring to Trump's comments on that other clip, then she's guilty of the same willful misinterpretation that so many others are guilty of in politics and the media nowadays.
    Bruh it happens ALL THE TIME.....

Remember the whole "OMG Trump said Mexicans were rapists and murderers!!!!!" media hysteria?

The context of his comments were that there were illegal immigrants who were rapists and murderers and then he said "and some are very fine people" which is NEVER reported on because of course it doesn't fit the media narrative about Trump which is that he's a vile racist xenophobe bigot and that 100% of everyone should vote for his ouster.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Bruh it happens ALL THE TIME.....

Remember the whole "OMG Trump said Mexicans were rapists and murderers!!!!!" media hysteria?

The context of his comments were that there were illegal immigrants who were rapists and murderers and then he said "and some are very fine people" which is NEVER reported on because of course it doesn't fit the media narrative about Trump which is that he's a vile racist xenophobe bigot and that 100% of everyone should vote for his ouster.

Well, you know me Lyle. I take 'em one at a time. In this case it's clear that Pelosi and a host of others willfully misinterpreted what Trump said, when he clearly called MS-13 members "animals." Now...... if someone wants to argue that no human being should be called an animal.... fine. That's not misrepresentation. That's just a difference of opinion. And while I disagree with a LOT of what Trump says, in this particular case I have no problems with MS-13 gang members being called animals. Maybe if we stopped wringing our hands about "oh... the sin of dehumanization", and started calling people out for what they are and what they deserve, we'd make a bigger dent in some of these problems.... and faster, too.

El Kabong Guest

Well, you know me Lyle. I take 'em one at a time. In this case it's clear that Pelosi and a host of others willfully misinterpreted what Trump said, when he clearly called MS-13 members "animals." Now...... if someone wants to argue that no human being should be called an animal.... fine. That's not misrepresentation. That's just a difference of opinion. And while I disagree with a LOT of what Trump says, in this particular case I have no problems with MS-13 gang members being called animals. Maybe if we stopped wringing our hands about "oh... the sin of dehumanization", and started calling people out for what they are and what they deserve, we'd make a bigger dent in some of these problems.... and faster, too.
    Oh certainly, they SHOULD be taken one at a time, I've just noticed a clear pattern of media absorbing what Trump actually says running it through their dumb little brains and then spitting out a perverted reconstruction of his words. It happens time and time again so much so that the media could report that 'Trump got caught red handed doing horrible criminal things' and I'd just skip right over the article or video and go straight for the actual factual evidence.

I didn't go to journalism school but whatever they're teaching isn't working because I'm having to search shit out for myself. There are news stories I read or watch on tv and IMMEDIATELY I have my doubts about them. I'm having to find people who actually report and do investigative journalism as well....James O'Keefe is a conservative but his undercover work is phenomenal. Tim Pool is a Bernie Bro and his reporting is very informed, Andy Ngo is very good. John Solomon is quality. But you've got to seek out other sources besides the corporate media...how many of them went on about AG Barr being "handpicked" they all used those exact words meanwhile ask yourself have any Attorney Generals NOT been handpicked? I guess LBJ's wasn't.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    As usual Lyle you haven't even properly read anything about the stuff you blather on about. The reason all thes ejournalists say that Trump is working with Mueller is because they've actually read all this nonsense.

Krugman did say the market would tank on election night but reversed that two days later. Said he was just upset on election night and that there was no reason that the market would crash and the bull market would probably keep going. Krugman has an incredible record of economic predictions QED and the economic theory he subscribes to has been completely vindicted by the events of the past fifteen or so years. It would be great if you could actually understand the basics about economics so you could properly understand just how accurate his side of the economic divide has been and what a disaster the Chicago/perfect markets thing has become. They've been reworking their entire economic theory since 2009 and still no sign that they're ever going to make anything public. Unfortunately this is just another subject you know nothing about.

So you're now running away from the bet. Trump is going to wait till he leaves office before exposing this huge deep state conspiracy? Why not do it on the first of November next year? It would guarantee he gets elected again. No reporter is going to ask Trump about it because it's a crazy conspiracy theory Lyle. Only fucking morons and mentally wrong people believe it.
    I've read a great deal more on this subject than the journalists you follow. But hey, I'm not going to change your mind, I'm just going to wait.

Oh so Krugman is what a liar, a weasel, a spineless asshat who was just wrapped up in his feelings over trump winning Maybe you two should get a kitten and huddle up in a safe space.

I am well aware of how the government works and I know that it doesn't turn on a dime. If you're so fucking confident (which you certainly seem to be) then you won't mind. Besides I asked you nicely to set the limit before and what did you decide to do? You decided to keep poking the bear.....well now I set the limit so get comfortable.
    You haven't read a great deal more Lyle. You don't even know basic facts about your crazy conspiracy theory, QED.

If you were confident about whether it's true or not you would have bet more than $20 and would accept a realistic date that would indicate whether it's bullshit or not. Why when Trump leaves office? Why would he wait until then?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can seek asylum in any country Lyle. What you're claiming is not true.

You mean she didn't break the law so she's out of a job.

Would you exten these military tribunals and hangings to the right wing violent groups that mirror the antifacist people? Where in the law does it say that civilians can be tried by military tribunals? How are they treasonous exactly? We're not at war.

And do you understand the Fed is not printing money but Trump is demanding that they start printing money? Of course not, you have no idea what you're talking about again.
    The people coming to America are not "refugees" they are illegal immigrants. List what they are running from. Are they running away from the BILLIONS of dollars in aid America sends to their shithole nations? If there's something very wrong happening in their home countries then perhaps America should invade those nations and help those poor "refugees" out eh?

She's gone, why waste time discussing her?

As for military tribunals:

Hamdi v. Rumsfeld, 542 U.S. 507 (2004), is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court recognized the power of the U.S. government to detain enemy combatants, including U.S. citizens, but ruled that detainees who are U.S. citizens must have the rights of due process, and the ability to challenge their enemy combatant status before an impartial authority.

Oh but I don't know what I'm talking about right? Go print that out and jam it up your ass
    The surge in people at the southern border right now are all asylum seekers fleeing violence in their countries, mainly Guatemala and other neighbouring countries. They have the legal right to present themselves at a port of entry and claim asylum.

You absolutely do have no idea what you're talking about Lyle.These antifascist people are not enemy combatants Lyle. The United States is not at war with any American body or organisation so there's no way they could be classified as enemy combatants. Simply disagreeing with the American government, even in a violent way, does not make the antifascist people enemy combatants. Can you provide a legal opinion from a lawyer of any standing that claims otherwise? Of course not.

El Kabong Guest

Attorney General Bill Barr "I think spying did occur, yes. I think spying did occur" & "The question was whether it was adequately predicated. And I'm not suggesting it wasn't predicated. I need to explore that"

Soon The Office of Inspector General will be wrapping up his report as well.

Hopefully we'll finally get to the bottom of this very soon

I see MSNBC is already prepping....

Oh there's CONSPIRACY alright. "This is a properly predicated AS FAR AS WE KNOW investigation" .....lovely qualifier Ken .

Be on the listen/look out for THE WOODS PROCEDURES....that alone will spring a huge leak in the story we've been told up to this point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attorney General Bill Barr "I think spying did occur, yes. I think spying did occur" & "The question was whether it was adequately predicated. And I'm not suggesting it wasn't predicated. I need to explore that"

Soon The Office of Inspector General will be wrapping up his report as well.

Hopefully we'll finally get to the bottom of this very soon

I see MSNBC is already prepping....

Oh there's CONSPIRACY alright. "This is a properly predicated AS FAR AS WE KNOW investigation" .....lovely qualifier Ken .

Be on the listen/look out for THE WOODS PROCEDURES....that alone will spring a huge leak in the story we've been told up to this point.
    This is banana republic stuff. He made claims about spying to get headlines to send conservative media off on a tangent while the Mueller report gets released but then later in the hearing he ratchets the claim down and down, eventually admitting he isn't saying any spying occurred and has no evidence at all of any spying. This is really shocking stuff.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...trump-campaign

Of course if you actually believe this Lyle you could put your money where your mouth is and up your $20 bet. Of course you won't do that.

And the big bold capital letters thing. Remember last week Lyle? Of course you don't. Last week for a short space of time you knew that the FISA warrant on Page was applied for after he left the Trump campaign and that an actual FISA judge involved in the process has now gone on record as saying the aplication was perfectly legal.

El Kabong Guest

This is banana republic stuff. He made claims about spying to get headlines to send conservative media off on a tangent while the Mueller report gets released but then later in the hearing he ratchets the claim down and down, eventually admitting he isn't saying any spying occurred and has no evidence at all of any spying. This is really shocking stuff.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...trump-campaign

Of course if you actually believe this Lyle you could put your money where your mouth is and up your $20 bet. Of course you won't do that.

And the big bold capital letters thing. Remember last week Lyle? Of course you don't. Last week for a short space of time you knew that the FISA warrant on Page was applied for after he left the Trump campaign and that an actual FISA judge involved in the process has now gone on record as saying the aplication was perfectly legal.
    Nah, the "Banana Republic" stuff will be coming out later....but I like that you're already salty about it

"eventually admitting he isn't saying spying occurred"....and yet he said it's his job to investigate it....whatever will he find

"This is really shocking stuff" ....oh just you wait sweetheart

The money doesn't mean anything to me besides I won't be the one paying it...YOU will be paying and you had best start thinking about where that $20 will go.

Oh it was "perfectly legal" was it? Was the judge aware that the basis for that warrant was the Steele Dossier, disinformation paid for by the HRC campaign, and any media reports were leaked by the very same FBI agents working on the case? Methinks the answer to that is "no"....but hey I guess we'll find out won't we big boy?
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.

El Kabong Guest

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/09/s...fbi-informant/
    Halper’s first known campaign contact was with Page July 11, 2016, several weeks before the FBI formally opened its counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign. Halper and Page remained in contact through September 2017, the same month the government ended its surveillance of Page.

What is a government spook doing contacting a small fry in the Trump campaign WELL before an investigation is formally opened? Could it be that Trump was being (brace yourselves) spied on prior to the FBI investigation

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Satan has won re-election. Here comes war with Iran.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say that whole Barr 'bomb shell' really looks like just a massive distract and distort job. One minute he says it..then he back peddles right after it and says "I wasn't saying there was spying' etc. Um yeah ya were fella . No evidence, no details just some stammering rehashed talking point to chum the waters with conspiracy jibber jabber and make Potus high five himself. Very shady swerve I believe.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yeh it's definitely the long stall on report. No reason they cannot release to Congress, intel committee, prior to public, with redacted Grand jury specifics sources etc. The longer it goes it smells. What happened to 100 percent exonerated..get it out then. I think they're under threat of a felony if members put it out there. I'm trying to find 'other' news on the Administration front. Saw that the House voted to end U.S involvement in Yemen, Trump expected to veto it. He nominated another Fox news host to be the spokesman-woman for the State department. So the close boarder bluster has been walked back..shocker. The GOP must feel like it's herding cats trying to walk back some of Trumps shoot first aim later stuff. There was a significant prison reform victory but I don't know the specs of it. Doing my taxes finally so we'll see how this recent tax bill hits home.The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since late 1969. On a side note the Dems are cannibalizing themselves over Biden. It's definitely a hit job and frankly an insult to actual sexual abuse victims. An 80 year old geezer smelled your hair. Ffs. Other than Fox news which wastes so much time living in previous Administations...is there a notable respected source one can find day to day policy efforts. And not some whackadoodle tin foil hat web site pitching conspiracies.
    He's nominated two idiots to become Fed Governors too. The one good thing about Trump up to now was that he appointed actual good people to Fed posts after getting good advice. Now he's doing what he wants and if he fucks the Fed up with enough morons it could spell disaster if there's another meltdown on his watch. The Fed doing the wrong thing would give us a decades long Depression with a capital D.

In lobbyist news:

MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--A two-year investigation by USA TODAY, The Arizona Republic, and the Center for Public Integrity that engaged more than 30 reporters across the USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), identified at least 10,000 copycat bills in every state using a unique data analysis engine built on dozens of cloud computers to detect similarities in language, revealing for the first time the extent to which special interests have infiltrated U.S. statehouses through “model” legislation.

To investigate how bills dreamed up and written by corporations, industry groups and think tanks get copied from one statehouse to the next, USA TODAY and The Arizona Republic compared millions of words of legislation provided by LegisScan in a data collection and analysis process powered by the equivalent of 150 computers that ran non-stop for months. The project includes a live reporting tool that flags newly introduced model bills, allowing reporters in USA TODAY NETWORK newsrooms across the country to dig into every known model bill in their state and to track new copycat efforts. The investigation found 10,000 bills were almost entirely copied from models introduced nationwide in the past eight years and more than 2,100 were signed into law.
    In a separate analysis, the Center for Public Integrity identified tens of thousands of bills with identical phrases, then traced the origins of that language in dozens of .............

https://www.apnews.com/Business%20Wi...ae84867a5f83f2
    He's determined to put his thumb on the scale of the Fed. Hey at least he's switched to nominating contributors from cnn 'fake news' also. The man issues policy via couch potato. I watched his address to the RJC and it was like watching a tired insult comic stammer through his material.
    The hate is strong in this one.
    Nah as a voter who looks at both sides of most issues just get tired of the erratic simple minded petty bull crap sometimes. He can go an hour and literally put forth no ideals of proposals.
    I would judge you correct on your statement had you ever even said a couple things positive about trump. I disliked Obama but I think he did a few good things. The ACA has some good law in it but fell far short of what he promised. I like how he at least attempted dialogue with Iran but his nuke deal thing was just unenforceable and also fell short. But still he gave it a shot. When obama left office he told Trump North or as I call it Best Korea was the biggest threat facing the world and we were on a war footing. I’m not saying it was imminent but it was serious. I’m not saying Trump solved all this but having dialogue at Least gives us a shot and not having to take a shot. I don’t think Trump is the second coming I don’t agree with everything he says or does but what I see him doing is trying to tackle problems other administrations have been kicking down the road for years. So yeah, I don’t see much open mindedness when it comes to trump, just a few Americans and brits taking everything Kirk said as gospel. He doesn’t even debate. You bring something up and he will respond three days later with 39 links to every far left rag he can find. Always showing how wonderful everything was under Obama and how bad it sucks now. I think trump came in with a business attitude thinking he could just get some of these issues people have been talking about for years done but then he found our system is made to not get things done. Shit the Dems won’t work with him on policy and law they had to pivot from Russia to taxes on a dime but haven’t completely let the Russian thing go yet anyway. The same Dems he fought the Starr report being released now are demanding mueller report be released. Now Putin is pissed that trump is trying to beef up NATO. Why would Trump do that considering he is an ex kGB agent. So hate Trump, it’s fine, it’s freedom, but don’t pretend to be non partial. Even @Baal can see through this BS and the poor guy barely speaks English.
    Ah man had to go back as I over looked this one Walrus, my bad. But hey did you not read a couple of pages ago. I do give credit and acknowledge where it fits, said it about the job numbers, the prison reform summit, the Kavanaugh "beer-gate" was nonsense, the need and want to reform affordable healthcare and want of his plan, liked more than a few of his appointees but all of them are now gone unfortunately and other things in between. Even going out hunting for 'positive' policies and proposals that are drown out by the 24/7 scramble of the Wall, the Russia and Trump constantly stepping on his own forward momentum but all I got was crickets. I'm just not a broad brush pro or con poodle for any politician and the D or an R in front of the name means absolutely nothing to me. Trump simply doesn't know how to get out of his own way with messaging and execution. He likes to fight. Period. I wasn't even upset when the Kim talks were proposed but as with most things..it's how he followed up and conducted affairs that totally killed that for me. In fairness I'll give you credit for shooting straight and giving Obama a nod or two. Truth be told you just gave him more credit than I ever have, for anything. What I think is happening now in Trump world is that the layers of the onion are being peeled back post Russia blinding force field. In a way it was his number 1 talking point obscuring everything else. A good amount of folks are beyond how he says or does something, the focus needs to shift to what is being said and what is being implemented or in some cases the lack of any plan whatsoever. As a Nation we are missing A LOT.

El Kabong Guest

Have to say that whole Barr 'bomb shell' really looks like just a massive distract and distort job. One minute he says it..then he back peddles right after it and says "I wasn't saying there was spying' etc. Um yeah ya were fella . No evidence, no details just some stammering rehashed talking point to chum the waters with conspiracy jibber jabber and make Potus high five himself. Very shady swerve I believe.
    Back peddles Where do you get that? He's saying it DEFINITELY occurred the question remains over if it was predicted or not ergo he's going to have to investigate. Huber and Horowitz and their investigations might have a say about that.

The Democrats are calling for Barr to walk his statements back. It's almost like they are disappointed Trump did NOT collude!

Thread Information