Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    “I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president that seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods.

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”
    The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.”
    In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”
    According to two sources familiar with the conversation, Trump vented to his longtime security chief, Keith Schiller, “I hate everyone in the White House! There are a few exceptions, but I hate them!” (A White House official denies this.) Two senior Republican officials said Chief of Staff John Kelly is miserable in his job and is remaining out of a sense of duty to keep Trump from making some sort of disastrous decision. Today, speculation about Kelly’s future increased after Politico reported that Kelly’s deputy Kirstjen Nielsen is likely to be named Homeland Security Secretary—the theory among some Republicans is that Kelly wanted to give her a soft landing before his departure.

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior...................

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers

We now have senior Republican senators saying publicly that Trump is an unstable toddler who might start WW3. It's really not looking very good, is it?

This thread can be an ongoing discussion of the failing Trump presidency. Next week we can have a look at the hilarious GOP tax plan that came out a week ago and the latest outbursts from the toddler.
    This shit is absolutely hilarious. Reportedly, unnamed sources, nuclear war and Kirk keeps running with this shit. Vanity Fair and mother jones you gotta live this Kirk character

El Kabong Guest

And the evidence of a coup is applying for a FISA warrant to monitor somebody who left the Trump campaign six months previously?To create a story about Trump and the Russians but then not to publish anything about it until after the election? The deep state FBI to deny there was anything there while restarting the Hillary investigation a few days before the election?

Look at the date Lyle

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/u...ald-trump.html

Meanwhile on Friday we get this conversation from the lawyer of Trump, an innocent man who is being railroaded by the FBI, and the lawyer of Flynn, his National Security Advisor who is just about to drop out of the Joint Defence Agreement, whereby all Trump/defence lawyers share all info that they're getting from the FBO prosecutors, and make a cooperation deal with the government:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...51637937315842

This was released by the DOJ after a judge ordered it released. But they're refusing to release other documents detailing Flynn's conversations with the Russians. That's Trump refusing the congressional branch and now the legal branch of government for legal requests. Unprecedented Lyle. I wonder what's in those conversations? The one they do release shows obstruction of justice and Trump terrified Flynn is going to give up information which will fuck him.
    Be as flippant as you like Kirkland, I don't mind.

We shall see what happens with General Flynn, I do believe you are going to be disappointed, but we'll see.

That Mueller transcript leaves a bit out "Um, just for the sake of ... protecting all our interests, if we can, without you having to give up any ... confidential information." ....seems misleadingly nefarious without that
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...awyer-released

.....Kinda shitty to do that on purpose actually seeing how it's exculpatory evidence and all, but I know I know "conspiracy"

Even Nixon didn't refuse legal requests from the judicial and legislative branches of government during Watergate.
    Well it's very telling you'd liken Trump to Nixon as it's convenient to the narrative of how you're perceiving reality at present, but A) This isn't Watergate it's quite different B ) Trump isn't Nixon and C)... Oh so Nixon wouldn't have refused to hand over subpoenaed tapes?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...s/072473-1.htm ....as per usual you are incorrect but not that it matters as the

Here's the list of crimes prosecutors say they had probable cause to search STONE for:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...85543390638080
    Guess we'll find out about that won't we. Would be awfully troubling if something was amiss in how these warrants were obtained or if the information the FBI had was less substantial than they needed it to be.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 06-04-2019 at 08:18 AM.

El Kabong Guest

VIDEO: ‘First large group’ from AFRICA wades across Rio Grande into US
    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/vid...rande-into-us/
    A group of illegals from Angola, Cameroon and Congo waded across the Rio Grande River and into the United States, video from Customs and Border Protection shows.

The video shows male and female adults walking through the water and into Texas, several with children on their shoulders.

Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo
    https://www.who.int/csr/don/23-may-2019-ebola-drc/en/
    Although this past week continues to bear witness to a steady rise in the number of Ebola virus disease (EVD) cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the overall security situation has allowed for the resumption of most response activities.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Here's the list of crimes prosecutors say they had probable cause to search STONE for:

Are those the same prosecutors that tipped off CNN that SWAT would be taking the ever so dangerous roger stone into custody. Even Mueller was “surprised” that happen. Kirk, do you know anything about probable cause in US law. It’s a blanket statement used when they want to get you for something. If you act nervous when a cop pulls you over, or if you have low blood sugar and are shaky and they just think you are nervous that can turned into probable cause. So I know you are damn near ejaculation like when mother jones told you no doubt trump is a double secret agent and you and beanz said he was Putin’s puppet but I don’t put much faith in probable cause. Right now I see congress and some of our judicial system going on a fishing expidition. Suponea trumps personal bank records. Why? To find a crime? To check? So no evidence of a crime but we will suponea everything to see if there is something. Not once did you say “ya that Russia thing was a bit out of hand and I (Kirkland) ate every piece of bullshit mother jones fed me” nope, skip that it was never about the false Russian narrative it was always about obstruction and taxes. And now you are even one of those sickos hoping for an economic melt down. Sometimes I forget you are a troll but I have probable clause to admit you are an asshole and a troll and not once have you let me down.

But still, in all honesty are you disappointed trump isn’t a KGB hold over. You were so sure Kirk. You must have linked 75 mother jones articles saying it’s done, trumps a secret agent, mueller who lied to Congress under bush, that’s right mueller lied to Congress, but you pointed out what a hero he is for your country, I mean America after and before he lied to Congress. I guess by lying to Congress that’s also obstruction right.

So tell me again. You say Q/E is all over and good now right. Could you tell me how that happened so quickly after about 12 years or more of it balls to the wall. I mean Q/E created your boys obama economy right. Damn you are so full of shit and the English posters here probably think you are smart. You probably don’t know who James Otis is. You are foolish, very very foolish and guillable and can not answer or speak with 29 mother jones links to back you up. Good luck with that idiot. You are less than paper thin
    Probable cause o great legal scholar means the FBI had enough evidence to show to a judge that convinced the judge to sign the search warrant. And if you'd managed to read the excerpt all the way through (it's a gigantic six and a half lines long) you'd see that "Stone raises no arguments regarding these other crimes".

And no prosecutors tipped off CNN. CNN were staking out all the people likely to be arrested by the Mueller team every day. They have a bureau about half an hour from Stone's house. And which presidents have ignored Supreme Court rulings exactly?
    Probable cause is what the police use to screw with you. They don’t need a warrant they just need to think in in their heads. As far as which presidents gave the supreme courts shit, start with Andrew Jackson and look around. Do some internet searches. You have probable cause to do so right, I mean it’s not like you need a warrant
    This is the FBI having probable cause -- evidence -- enough to persuade a federal judge to sign off on a bunch of warrants. Your reply has nothing to do with what actually happened. I'm asking you to show me evidence to back up all your claims and of course you can't find any, can you. You're the one making htese claims, prove them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    And the evidence of a coup is applying for a FISA warrant to monitor somebody who left the Trump campaign six months previously?To create a story about Trump and the Russians but then not to publish anything about it until after the election? The deep state FBI to deny there was anything there while restarting the Hillary investigation a few days before the election?

Look at the date Lyle

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/u...ald-trump.html

Meanwhile on Friday we get this conversation from the lawyer of Trump, an innocent man who is being railroaded by the FBI, and the lawyer of Flynn, his National Security Advisor who is just about to drop out of the Joint Defence Agreement, whereby all Trump/defence lawyers share all info that they're getting from the FBO prosecutors, and make a cooperation deal with the government:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...51637937315842

This was released by the DOJ after a judge ordered it released. But they're refusing to release other documents detailing Flynn's conversations with the Russians. That's Trump refusing the congressional branch and now the legal branch of government for legal requests. Unprecedented Lyle. I wonder what's in those conversations? The one they do release shows obstruction of justice and Trump terrified Flynn is going to give up information which will fuck him.
    Be as flippant as you like Kirkland, I don't mind.

We shall see what happens with General Flynn, I do believe you are going to be disappointed, but we'll see.

That Mueller transcript leaves a bit out "Um, just for the sake of ... protecting all our interests, if we can, without you having to give up any ... confidential information." ....seems misleadingly nefarious without that
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...awyer-released

.....Kinda shitty to do that on purpose actually seeing how it's exculpatory evidence and all, but I know I know "conspiracy"

Even Nixon didn't refuse legal requests from the judicial and legislative branches of government during Watergate.
    Well it's very telling you'd liken Trump to Nixon as it's convenient to the narrative of how you're perceiving reality at present, but A) This isn't Watergate it's quite different B ) Trump isn't Nixon and C)... Oh so Nixon wouldn't have refused to hand over subpoenaed tapes?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...s/072473-1.htm ....as per usual you are incorrect but not that it matters as the

Guess we'll find out about that won't we. Would be awfully troubling if something was amiss in how these warrants were obtained or if the information the FBI had was less substantial than they needed it to be.
    Trump's lawyer is asking Flynn to break the legal agreement he's making with the FBI, to risk years extra in jail to give them notice of anything Flynn may say that implicates Trump in a crime. And he's also dangling a pardon/witness tampering.

Read it again. First of all you can see he's already tried and failed to get Flynn to do this: "I understand your situation, but let me see if I can't state it in starker terms."

And then there's the bullshit "national security" claim which is undermained by the outright criminal "protecting all our interests".

Then there's what a jury would understand as offering a pardon in exchange for help.

The judge, who has seen some of the evidence in this case unlike us, said to Flynn at his sentencing "you sold your country out" and enquired from the prosecution whether they'd considered charging him with treason. And now Trump is refusing to obey a court order to release some of that evidence to the court to make public.

This is where the rubber meets the road for your crazy conspiracy theory Lyle. You're putting all your faith in a bunch of grifters and crooks and believing the ridiculous theory that the career prosecutors who were investigating these criminals, the top people in the law enforcement community, would take part in something that would lock them away for life when in fact they're just investigating a bunch of crooks.

If rich guy justice didn't exist in America, if you couldn't just pay a fine to avoid going to jail, Trump would have already served decade for money laundering (paid the biggest fine ever for money laundering to avoid trial) and would currently be in jail for defrauding poor and vulnerable people in the Trump University scam (paid a $25 million fine to avoid trial). This is a gut who along with the rest of his family have been banned from sitting on the board of any charity because they used their own charity (funded by gifts from other people, not the Trump family) to pay their own bills. Trump even paid the $7 joining fee for his son to join the Boy Scouts out of his charity. They're a bunch of crooks and conmen Lyle.

Nixon handed over the Watergate tapes. What was on them eventually forced his resignation.

And again the Stone stuff is just you parroting whatever crazy conspiracy theory is on the internet. I'm sure there's a much fuller version of what Stone and his supporters believe the truth is. You're alluding to it here with the claims about incorrect warants and so on. How about posting a more complete picture and then we can compare it to reality when the trial happens and the evidence comes out.

And oh the Flynn thing. When the Flynn lawyers returned the voicemail call the reaction from Trump's lawyer was even worse:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/statu...47012128604161

El Kabong Guest

Trump's lawyer is asking Flynn to break the legal agreement he's making with the FBI, to risk years extra in jail to give them notice of anything Flynn may say that implicates Trump in a crime. And he's also dangling a pardon/witness tampering.

Read it again. First of all you can see he's already tried and failed to get Flynn to do this: "I understand your situation, but let me see if I can't state it in starker terms."

And then there's the bullshit "national security" claim which is undermained by the outright criminal "protecting all our interests".

Then there's what a jury would understand as offering a pardon in exchange for help.

The judge, who has seen some of the evidence in this case unlike us, said to Flynn at his sentencing "you sold your country out" and enquired from the prosecution whether they'd considered charging him with treason. And now Trump is refusing to obey a court order to release some of that evidence to the court to make public.

This is where the rubber meets the road for your crazy conspiracy theory Lyle. You're putting all your faith in a bunch of grifters and crooks and believing the ridiculous theory that the career prosecutors who were investigating these criminals, the top people in the law enforcement community, would take part in something that would lock them away for life when in fact they're just investigating a bunch of crooks.

If rich guy justice didn't exist in America, if you couldn't just pay a fine to avoid going to jail, Trump would have already served decade for money laundering (paid the biggest fine ever for money laundering to avoid trial) and would currently be in jail for defrauding poor and vulnerable people in the Trump University scam (paid a $25 million fine to avoid trial). This is a gut who along with the rest of his family have been banned from sitting on the board of any charity because they used their own charity (funded by gifts from other people, not the Trump family) to pay their own bills. Trump even paid the $7 joining fee for his son to join the Boy Scouts out of his charity. They're a bunch of crooks and conmen Lyle.

Nixon handed over the Watergate tapes. What was on them eventually forced his resignation.

And again the Stone stuff is just you parroting whatever crazy conspiracy theory is on the internet. I'm sure there's a much fuller version of what Stone and his supporters believe the truth is. You're alluding to it here with the claims about incorrect warants and so on. How about posting a more complete picture and then we can compare it to reality when the trial happens and the evidence comes out.

And oh the Flynn thing. When the Flynn lawyers returned the voicemail call the reaction from Trump's lawyer was even worse:

Ok then...I guess we'll see.

It's no "conspiracy theory" that Andrew Weissmann has had multiple results overturned for his foul play....and I'll go ahead and state it for the record even before it happens here I'M NOT SURPRISED IN THE LEAST.

But hey we'll wait and see

El Kabong Guest

Yyyyyeah that seems to be a raging mob of lunatics who want some kind of "scapegoat" to unleash their violence on.....kinda like Nazis did but hey I'm sure they are all lovely people

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok then...I guess we'll see.

It's no "conspiracy theory" that Andrew Weissmann has had multiple results overturned for his foul play....and I'll go ahead and state it for the record even before it happens here I'M NOT SURPRISED IN THE LEAST.

But hey we'll wait and see
    A bunch of very guilty executives and some equally guilty high powered bankers managed to donate their way to getting off on a technicality via pro corporate Supreme Court rulings. These were people who were originally found guilty and rightly so but had the money to donate and litigate their way to an effective pardon. Just more rich guy justice.

This time these guys may get an actual pardon. Won't make it any less crooked though.

Oh and look at this. Trump's response when Carter Page first came to public attention:

"[H]e was announced as an informal adviser in March. Since then he has had no role or official contact with the campaign. We have no knowledge of activities past or present and he now officially has been removed from all lists etc.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a5689420e0ac

So he had nothing to do with the Trump campaign at all since March 2016 and the FBI applied for a FISA warrant to surveil him six months after he last had contact with the Trump campaign. And this is the best evidence the Trump people have of any kind of illegal monitoring of their campaign.
    A

El Kabong Guest

A bunch of very guilty executives and some equally guilty high powered bankers managed to donate their way to getting off on a technicality via pro corporate Supreme Court rulings. These were people who were originally found guilty and rightly so but had the money to donate and litigate their way to an effective pardon. Just more rich guy justice.

This time these guys may get an actual pardon. Won't make it any less crooked though.

Oh and look at this. Trump's response when Carter Page first came to public attention:

"[H]e was announced as an informal adviser in March. Since then he has had no role or official contact with the campaign. We have no knowledge of activities past or present and he now officially has been removed from all lists etc.”

So he had nothing to do with the Trump campaign at all since March 2016 and the FBI applied for a FISA warrant to surveil him six months after he last had contact with the Trump campaign. And this is the best evidence the Trump people have of any kind of illegal monitoring of their campaign.
    A

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A
    You could always bet even more money on it. You're only a hundred dollars down right now with another twenty to pay out eventually. Why not go double or quits?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why Are Republican Small Donors So Easy to Swindle?

Republicans have long complained, usually in private, that their fundraising apparatus is overrun with fraudsters. National Review’s Jim Geraghty has a column, “The Right’s Grifter Problem,” saying what many of them have been whispering. Many of President Trump’s most publicly strident loyalists are in the business of raising money for political projects that spend virtually all their funds on operating expenses.

[...]

Every victory for the Democratic Party or incremental extension of the welfare state is a twilight struggle to safeguard the last flickering hopes for freedom from the ravages of socialism. If Medicare was enacted, warned Ronald Reagan, “you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children, and our children’s children, what it once was like in America when men were free.” Barack Obama’s policies would bring about “ total societal collapse and global conflagration,” predicted National Review.

These predictions are not just scare tactics. They reflect the authentic ideology of the American right, which treats liberalism as either indistinguishable from, or an unstoppably slippery slope toward, Bolshevistic central planning. But these beliefs are also very effective as scare tactics. Conservative fears that Democrats will usher in total societal collapse are good ways to scare conservatives into buying gold (an especially lucrative Obama-era conservative grift) or guns........

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-grifters.html

El Kabong Guest

You could always bet even more money on it. You're only a hundred dollars down right now with another twenty to pay out eventually. Why not go double or quits?
    You like to pretend the Mueller Report said something it didn't already so why would I bother betting even more with you when what you bet on which you feel like you won didn't happen? Why would I bother with that bullshit?

You are free to bet as much as your heart desires so go ahead and make another "unloseable bet" for yourself which you're not going to win.

What do you actually think will happen? Do you think Trump goes to jail? Do you think Trump is impeached? What happens Kirk, lay it out or are you going to keep all that information to yourself? I'd really LOVE to know what you believe will happen in the coming months.

El Kabong Guest

Why Are Republican Small Donors So Easy to Swindle?

Republicans have long complained, usually in private, that their fundraising apparatus is overrun with fraudsters. National Review’s Jim Geraghty has a column, “The Right’s Grifter Problem,” saying what many of them have been whispering. Many of President Trump’s most publicly strident loyalists are in the business of raising money for political projects that spend virtually all their funds on operating expenses.

[...]

Every victory for the Democratic Party or incremental extension of the welfare state is a twilight struggle to safeguard the last flickering hopes for freedom from the ravages of socialism. If Medicare was enacted, warned Ronald Reagan, “you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children, and our children’s children, what it once was like in America when men were free.” Barack Obama’s policies would bring about “ total societal collapse and global conflagration,” predicted National Review.

These predictions are not just scare tactics. They reflect the authentic ideology of the American right, which treats liberalism as either indistinguishable from, or an unstoppably slippery slope toward, Bolshevistic central planning. But these beliefs are also very effective as scare tactics. Conservative fears that Democrats will usher in total societal collapse are good ways to scare conservatives into buying gold (an especially lucrative Obama-era conservative grift) or guns........

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-grifters.html

Jim Geraghty a Never Trumper and oh what is this yet another link to good old Mother Jones....never fails when Kirk wants to drive home a point he runs to Mama.

You want to talk about screwing over the "little guy" and yet you fail to mention Bernie who just allowed Hillary to steal the primary from him (have you ever commented on that by the way I don't seem to recall you discussing that) and thereby fucking over his legions of unwashed soy latte drinking ne'erdowells....and you don't mention Unions, you don't mention Planned Parenthood but those I guess in your view are A-OK because the money winds up in a slushfund which keeps the Democrats pockets full even during the lean years.

The years are about to get more lean for them.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yyyyyeah that seems to be a raging mob of lunatics who want some kind of "scapegoat" to unleash their violence on.....kinda like Nazis did but hey I'm sure they are all lovely people

Did Beanz go marching in London with Corbyn and the Trump protestors ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Thread Information