Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  563
Dislikes Dislikes:  70
Page 230 of 241 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3605

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
  1. #3436
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,895
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1649
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Read what it says thickhead. What actually happened in the words of the officials dealing with it. Trump turned ut not to have any plans secret or otherwise for dealing with Isis and just let the military carry on what they were doing and took the credit for it. And 2020 is a long way away. The election will come down to whoever wins Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin and it'll be decided by the state of the economy in the first six months of 2020.
    Yes "Trump let the military" EXACTLY. Trump didn't hamstring our troops like Obama did. Obama was a horrible President FACT. I'll be watching the debates tonight and tomorrow laughing so hard I'll cry. Everything is going to be free eh? Yyyyyeah that's going to fly.
    Uh Kirk, trump lessened the rules of engagement taking the gloves off the military. Of course he let the generals run the show. You think he’d do an LBJ and pick bombing runs from maps in the Oval Office. The generals are the ones who know how to do shit. When rules of engagement say don’t shoot till you are shot at everyone is worried about ending up in Leavenworth. Thank god you don’t run shit as you have know idea what you are talking about
    The military wanted those rules in the first place. They found that bombing civilian areas created loads of new recruits for the Iraqi insurgency back when they were bringing freedom to Iraqis so came up with the Obama era setup. Trump needed to come up with something to differentiate himself from Obama to his thick ignorant supporters so they did something counterproductive to do so. If you ever read a newspaper you'd know that there was no real change of pace between the Trump and Obama eras in the operation to take out Isis which was largely being fought by radical Syrian Sunni jihadi groups and the Kurds in Syria and Shiite militias and the Iraqi army in Iraq. But of course you and Lyle know nothing, you're a pair of fucking ignoramuses, people who can be fooled all of the time.
    Sure thing

    Who won the debate last night? Feeling confident?Hahaha
    Kirk did you really just say the military wanted those rules? Are you actually that stupid? Are you reading mother jones? I bet you never wore a uniform a day in your life. Maybe a Boy Scouts uniform. You could not pass day 1 at Parris island as you are a little bitch. Why don’t you stop by the island and tell the drill sergeants how they want the White House telling them how to train.
    Just once maybe learn something about one of the things you keep pontificating on instead of repeating the garbage you hear on talk radio:


    We can’t yet know or predict the extent to which the Trump administration intends to depart from Obama’s directives and policies on civilian casualties. Based on the memorandum and his public comments, Trump seems to be betting that, given the choice, the military will return to some lower threshold of self-restraint if released from “political” concerns over civilian harm. The Pentagon should instead take the opportunity to keep existing protections in place, and call the president’s attention to the fact that policies intended to reduce civilian harm didn’t arise out of elite Washington think tanks or academia; they arose from the military’s long-held assessment of their strategic benefits—assessments based on hard-won battlefield experience, as many researchers, including Luke Hartig, former senior director for counterterrorism at the National Security Council under Obama, have pointed out.
    Retired Gens. David Petraeus and Stanley McChrystal, as commanders of the Afghanistan War, set a higher standard for avoiding civilian harm than what the Geneva Conventions required. It wasn’t just because it was the right thing to do. Evidence showed that doing so could reduce local support for the Taliban, and over time they figured out ways to do it without compromising their effectiveness or exposing U.S. forces to greater risk of harm.

    Consider just a few of the senior officials who have prioritized the prevention of civilian casualties. Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal (Flynn’s former boss) knows more about targeting terrorists than just about any officer of his generation and yet he made prevention of civilian casualties a central focus of his time in command in Afghanistan. He warned, “The Taliban cannot militarily defeat us — but we can defeat ourselves.” Secretary of Defense nominee Gen. Jim Mattis is known for his relentless pursuit of insurgents and terrorists (How else do you get the nickname “Mad Dog”?), yet the counterinsurgency field manual that he co-wrote with Gen. David Petraeus places a premium on protecting civilian lives. In discussing the use of air power, the manual pointedly notes, “An air strike can cause collateral damage that turns people against the host-nation (HN) government and provides insurgents with a major propaganda victory. Even when justified under the law of war, bombings that result in civilian casualties can bring media coverage that works to the insurgents’ benefit.” And former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who served under Presidents George W. Bush and Obama and reportedly advised Trump on his secretary of state selection, wrote in his most recent memoir about efforts to reduce civilian casualties in Afghanistan: “I was also concerned that we were not moving fast enough or decisively enough to deal with the problem of civilian casualties. I don’t believe any military force ever worked harder to avoid innocent victims, but it seemed like every incident was a strategic defeat, and we needed to take dramatic action.”


    https://www.justsecurity.org/36013/t...mas-rules-war/


    Did you even read all of the bit I just excerpted? That's probably more than you read in a week isn't it. That's why you're so fucking ignorant mate. You don't actually take in any information, you just take in stuff from bullshitters who tell you what you want to hear.

  2. #3437
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,895
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1649
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Nowhere else to put this so I'll put it in here. Headline of the year so far:

    https://boingboing.net/2019/06/26/ro...-in-teens.html

  3. #3438
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,972
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    556
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Read what it says thickhead. What actually happened in the words of the officials dealing with it. Trump turned ut not to have any plans secret or otherwise for dealing with Isis and just let the military carry on what they were doing and took the credit for it. And 2020 is a long way away. The election will come down to whoever wins Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin and it'll be decided by the state of the economy in the first six months of 2020.
    Yes "Trump let the military" EXACTLY. Trump didn't hamstring our troops like Obama did. Obama was a horrible President FACT. I'll be watching the debates tonight and tomorrow laughing so hard I'll cry. Everything is going to be free eh? Yyyyyeah that's going to fly.
    Uh Kirk, trump lessened the rules of engagement taking the gloves off the military. Of course he let the generals run the show. You think he’d do an LBJ and pick bombing runs from maps in the Oval Office. The generals are the ones who know how to do shit. When rules of engagement say don’t shoot till you are shot at everyone is worried about ending up in Leavenworth. Thank god you don’t run shit as you have know idea what you are talking about
    The military wanted those rules in the first place. They found that bombing civilian areas created loads of new recruits for the Iraqi insurgency back when they were bringing freedom to Iraqis so came up with the Obama era setup. Trump needed to come up with something to differentiate himself from Obama to his thick ignorant supporters so they did something counterproductive to do so. If you ever read a newspaper you'd know that there was no real change of pace between the Trump and Obama eras in the operation to take out Isis which was largely being fought by radical Syrian Sunni jihadi groups and the Kurds in Syria and Shiite militias and the Iraqi army in Iraq. But of course you and Lyle know nothing, you're a pair of fucking ignoramuses, people who can be fooled all of the time.
    Sure thing

    Who won the debate last night? Feeling confident?Hahaha
    Kirk did you really just say the military wanted those rules? Are you actually that stupid? Are you reading mother jones? I bet you never wore a uniform a day in your life. Maybe a Boy Scouts uniform. You could not pass day 1 at Parris island as you are a little bitch. Why don’t you stop by the island and tell the drill sergeants how they want the White House telling them how to train.
    Just once maybe learn something about one of the things you keep pontificating on instead of repeating the garbage you hear on talk radio:


    We can’t yet know or predict the extent to which the Trump administration intends to depart from Obama’s directives and policies on civilian casualties. Based on the memorandum and his public comments, Trump seems to be betting that, given the choice, the military will return to some lower threshold of self-restraint if released from “political” concerns over civilian harm. The Pentagon should instead take the opportunity to keep existing protections in place, and call the president’s attention to the fact that policies intended to reduce civilian harm didn’t arise out of elite Washington think tanks or academia; they arose from the military’s long-held assessment of their strategic benefits—assessments based on hard-won battlefield experience, as many researchers, including Luke Hartig, former senior director for counterterrorism at the National Security Council under Obama, have pointed out.
    Retired Gens. David Petraeus and Stanley McChrystal, as commanders of the Afghanistan War, set a higher standard for avoiding civilian harm than what the Geneva Conventions required. It wasn’t just because it was the right thing to do. Evidence showed that doing so could reduce local support for the Taliban, and over time they figured out ways to do it without compromising their effectiveness or exposing U.S. forces to greater risk of harm.

    Consider just a few of the senior officials who have prioritized the prevention of civilian casualties. Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal (Flynn’s former boss) knows more about targeting terrorists than just about any officer of his generation and yet he made prevention of civilian casualties a central focus of his time in command in Afghanistan. He warned, “The Taliban cannot militarily defeat us — but we can defeat ourselves.” Secretary of Defense nominee Gen. Jim Mattis is known for his relentless pursuit of insurgents and terrorists (How else do you get the nickname “Mad Dog”?), yet the counterinsurgency field manual that he co-wrote with Gen. David Petraeus places a premium on protecting civilian lives. In discussing the use of air power, the manual pointedly notes, “An air strike can cause collateral damage that turns people against the host-nation (HN) government and provides insurgents with a major propaganda victory. Even when justified under the law of war, bombings that result in civilian casualties can bring media coverage that works to the insurgents’ benefit.” And former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who served under Presidents George W. Bush and Obama and reportedly advised Trump on his secretary of state selection, wrote in his most recent memoir about efforts to reduce civilian casualties in Afghanistan: “I was also concerned that we were not moving fast enough or decisively enough to deal with the problem of civilian casualties. I don’t believe any military force ever worked harder to avoid innocent victims, but it seemed like every incident was a strategic defeat, and we needed to take dramatic action.”


    https://www.justsecurity.org/36013/t...mas-rules-war/


    Did you even read all of the bit I just excerpted? That's probably more than you read in a week isn't it. That's why you're so fucking ignorant mate. You don't actually take in any information, you just take in stuff from bullshitters who tell you what you want to hear.
    What a diltz

  4. #3439
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump



    BWAHAHAHAHA
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #3440
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    So lots of posts missing here I'm noticing.....guess I'll have to readdress the situation, perhaps in a thread of it's very own
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  6. #3441
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,382
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Attached Images
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  7. #3442
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Mueller was supposed to testify in front of Congress on the 17th and now he's rescheduled for the 24th...probably nothing

    However when Epstein was given his sweetheart deal who was FBI Director? Oh that's right Bob Mueller.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #3443
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    'Member when Trump called MS-13 "Animals"?


    Wielding machetes and baseball bats, MS-13 carried out ‘medieval’ killings, feds say
    https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news...a5fb7a892.html
    Of the 22 defendants, 19 had entered the United States illegally in the past three or four years, according to Thom Mrozek, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office in Los Angeles. Many of their alleged victims had recently come to the country as well, officials said.






    I 'Member
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  9. #3444
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,382
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    I Guarantee that there is no mention of Trumps tweets or the resolution passed by the house condemning him.


    And yet the same guy who has always omitted anything approaching a rational debate on Trump has demanded that others condemn anything he considers unjust or evil.

    What a joke
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  10. #3445
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    332-95-1 Motion to table Rep. Green's motion to impeach President Trump.

    137 Democrats vote for tabling motion aka they vote AGAINST impeaching President Trump.

    Ouch
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  11. #3446
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,950
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2678
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    332-95-1 Motion to table Rep. Green's motion to impeach President Trump.

    137 Democrats vote for tabling motion aka they vote AGAINST impeaching President Trump.

    Ouch
    That is something not to be proud of.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #3447
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,382
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    332-95-1 Motion to table Rep. Green's motion to impeach President Trump.

    137 Democrats vote for tabling motion aka they vote AGAINST impeaching President Trump.

    Ouch
    That is something not to be proud of.
    He is proud of it mate. It is all about 'winning' for him. There are no depths he will not sink too. He does not give a flying fuck about his country he wants to dictate what others should think because he can't think for himself.



    and Trump isn't much better
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  13. #3448
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    332-95-1 Motion to table Rep. Green's motion to impeach President Trump.

    137 Democrats vote for tabling motion aka they vote AGAINST impeaching President Trump.

    Ouch
    That is something not to be proud of.
    Well the Dems look petty and foolish. Even if impeachment was passed in the House it would never pass the Senate.

    Impeachment is 2020 political suicide for the Dems
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #3449
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,827
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1616
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    IMO, and if you look at it realistically..... what good does it do to impeach Trump now?

    We're already into the campaigns for 2020. Impeachment proceedings are long, drawn out, and drain the time and energy from lawmakers that are needed for the pressing issues in the country. The House already has a Democrat majority. Traditionally, this is the system of checks and balances everyone talks about when discussing the decision making in the country. As with other past Presidents, a Congress at least partly controlled by the opposing party can give a sitting President fits, in that it's tougher to pass legislation. Might not sound good... but it's better than having a President doing things on a whim, right?

    Time is definitely an element here. Trump is in the back half of his term. If people really want him out, they'll have a chance to do so in the coming elections. "Yes.... but if Trump did something wrong and/or illegal, he must be held accountable." Ok.... I agree. But do this in a way, manner, and timing that doesn't paralyze the country, or put the country in jeopardy in critical areas such as defense and foreign affairs. The U.S. has its enemies.... and enemies love a totally distracted and divided opponent.

    Trump can and should be held accountable for whatever he's done wrong or illegal..... I'm not saying otherwise. But we should be wise regarding how we go about it, and most important: We can't let raw emotions blind us into doing the right things the wrong way.

  15. #3450
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Trump can and should be held accountable for whatever he's done wrong or illegal..... I'm not saying otherwise. But we should be wise regarding how we go about it, and most important: We can't let raw emotions blind us into doing the right things the wrong way.
    Absolutely agree TitoFan! ALL politicians should be held accountable for their actions and improprieties.

    And it's worth noting that impeachment is a POLITICAL not legal issue so Congress could in theory impeach Trump for his haircut. Now that said, one should take the time to look at the political landscape and severity of the charges (if any) before attempting such a feat. When I wanted Obama impeached, sure it was (if I remember correctly) damn near politically impossible in terms of votes, but the severity of charges....Fast & Furious gun running scandal and Benghazi and sending Iran palates of cash without any Congressional approval at all and sure the Obama Administration could claim his use of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act but then again there's the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2010 which limited some of the discretionary power of the President albeit not all, but those are arguments which should have been made.



    The problem TitoFan with the most important part of your statement, one I wholeheartedly agree with by the way, is that the left hasn't left meltdown mode since November 2016, they've stayed riled up since then and they STILL are in a state of denial about Hillary losing to Trump. My hope is that they wake up and at the very least accept that Donald Trump is the President which even some Congresswomen (cough cough Miss Pressley) are unwilling to do.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
  2. Trump In
    By denilson200 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
  4. Donald Trump......
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing