Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

President Donald Trump's claim that visited Ground Zero immediately after the Sept. 11th attacks is being disputed by a former New York City fire official who says he 'never witnesses' the famous New Yorker there.
    Trump made the comment Monday at a bill signing ceremony for Sept. 11th first responders.
    'I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first-responder. But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you,' he told attendees at a White House Rose Garden event.
    Among those present was retired deputy chief with the New York Fire Department Richard Alles.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...f5AiWN15rJSscc
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Oh?

That must be my imagination then

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Oh?

That must be my imagination then
    Even by your own incredibly biased partisan and dishonest methods it is a fail. Another example of him using tragedy for propaganda. Exactly what you have always done. When it is mass shootings if they are white then they must be nuts, people say boo to a Nazi and it is an epidemic of terrorism, Islamic Extremists bomb the shit out of somewhere and you can't wait to smirk and say 'I told you so'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9026476.html
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Even by your own incredibly biased partisan and dishonest methods it is a fail. Another example of him using tragedy for propaganda. Exactly what you have always done. When it is mass shootings if they are white then they must be nuts, people say boo to a Nazi and it is an epidemic of terrorism, Islamic Extremists bomb the shit out of somewhere and you can't wait to smirk and say 'I told you so'.

You said he wasn't at ground zero, I provided evidence he was....your problem with that is Donald Trump is a New Yorker, he's the quintessential New Yorker in many ways. He was born and raised in Queens 9/11 had an impact on him....now does he cry and boo hoo about it? No it's not who he is as a person, it's not who New Yorkers in general used to be...perhaps that has changed.

Oh ANOTHER example...so there's more you can list?

Mass shootings I take on a individual basis always have and I always will and this might shock you, but SOME mass shooters are indeed crazy: Jared Lee Loughner for example. Some are just evil....really depends on the situation which I always take into account. Not all shooters are alike, not all terrorists are alike, not all police shootings are alike, I really try to take these one at a time, but if you say I don't then I guess either you're reading me wrong or something else

You sure do love throwing that word "Nazi" around quite liberally and you say things like "It's your duty to punch Nazis" .....gee I wonder why I'd ask you to be specific as to who you consider to be such, what boxes they have to tick off and all....and when I do ask the response I receive is always an insult and never an answer. That might prove problematic in the future for you as your willingness to believe the world is full to the brim with actual Nazis then you've got quite a large duty on your hands and I wonder if your definition of Nazi actually suits everyone you attribute it to...but hey if you're ok with collateral damage I guess you're being super brave and doing the work of and for the greater good.

The reason I make mention of when Islamic Extremist terrorism occurs is specifically due to how the mainstream media covers it attempting to shield anything and everything which links a perpetrator to Extremist Islam and when OTHER kinds of terrorism happens there's no such cover run for whoever did that, not that I want there to be, I just want there to be an equality in reporting and i want there to be proper reporting after all it is their job to provide information to the masses. For example the horrible Christchurch, NZ shooting....the media did EXACTLY what that asshole wanted them to do. He knew how they'd frame the story and my God they took the bait immediately...and yeah a bloodthirsty criminal getting one over on the media after having killed all those people, yeah I find that enraging.

But hey if you want to rant at me go right ahead sweetheart rant away. I'm certain it'll work out for you this time

El Kabong Guest

And that link you sent

Mr Trump’s claims about where he was and what he was doing during the attacks date back years, with him often inserting and removing details along the way, Timothy O’Brien, the author of TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald, said.

“Donald Trump was absolutely not a first responder by any standard definition,” Mr O’Brien said. “If we’re defining it as the first wave of people who arrived at ground zero to provide help, he was not in that wave.”

Mr. O'Brien is apparently unaware that President Trump said and I quote (and it's quoted in the article amazingly) "Many of those affected were firefighters, police officers and other first responders," he said. "And I was down there also, but I’m not considering myself a first responder. But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you.”

I find these attacks on what Donald Trump says very petty especially considered how he was once viewed by the very same media.

El Kabong Guest

Secret texts cast light on UK's early role in Trump-Russia inquiry
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...russia-inquiry
    Two of the most senior intelligence officials in the US and UK privately shared concerns about “our strange situation” as the FBI launched its 2016 investigation into whether Donald Trump’s campaign was colluding with Russia, the Guardian has learned.

Text messages between Andrew McCabe, the deputy director of the FBI at the time, and Jeremy Fleming, his then counterpart at MI5, now the head of GCHQ, also reveal their mutual surprise at the result of the EU referendum, which some US officials regarded as a “wake-up call”, according to a person familiar with the matter.

This story and others like it will attempt to paint a certain picture of how things unfolded before actual firsthand evidence is released to the public.... things are about to get awkward

El Kabong Guest

'Squad' member Rashida Tlaib received a $2,500 donation 6/22/2019 from one George S. Farah Sr.....you go girl!
    https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/fec...07159150998616

....oh and George S. Farah Sr. died 2/1/2009
    https://www.mlive.com/grandblanc/200..._leader_g.html

So I'm fairly certain that means Ms. Tlaib joins her fellow 'Squad' member Ilhan Omar in being on the wrong side of the FEC

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You said he wasn't at ground zero, I provided evidence he was....your problem with that is Donald Trump is a New Yorker, he's the quintessential New Yorker in many ways. He was born and raised in Queens 9/11 had an impact on him....now does he cry and boo hoo about it? No it's not who he is as a person, it's not who New Yorkers in general used to be...perhaps that has changed.

Mass shootings I take on a individual basis always have and I always will and this might shock you, but SOME mass shooters are indeed crazy: Jared Lee Loughner for example. Some are just evil....really depends on the situation which I always take into account. Not all shooters are alike, not all terrorists are alike, not all police shootings are alike, I really try to take these one at a time, but if you say I don't then I guess either you're reading me wrong or something else

You sure do love throwing that word "Nazi" around quite liberally and you say things like "It's your duty to punch Nazis" .....gee I wonder why I'd ask you to be specific as to who you consider to be such, what boxes they have to tick off and all....and when I do ask the response I receive is always an insult and never an answer. That might prove problematic in the future for you as your willingness to believe the world is full to the brim with actual Nazis then you've got quite a large duty on your hands and I wonder if your definition of Nazi actually suits everyone you attribute it to...but hey if you're ok with collateral damage I guess you're being super brave and doing the work of and for the greater good.

The reason I make mention of when Islamic Extremist terrorism occurs is specifically due to how the mainstream media covers it attempting to shield anything and everything which links a perpetrator to Extremist Islam and when OTHER kinds of terrorism happens there's no such cover run for whoever did that, not that I want there to be, I just want there to be an equality in reporting and i want there to be proper reporting after all it is their job to provide information to the masses. For example the horrible Christchurch, NZ shooting....the media did EXACTLY what that asshole wanted them to do. He knew how they'd frame the story and my God they took the bait immediately...and yeah a bloodthirsty criminal getting one over on the media after having killed all those people, yeah I find that enraging.

But hey if you want to rant at me go right ahead sweetheart rant away. I'm certain it'll work out for you this time
    I didn't say a word I posted The Daily Heil article and like a good little doggy you jumped and barked.

Woof
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't say a word I posted The Daily Heil article and like a good little doggy you jumped and barked.

Woof
    What an idiot

El Kabong Guest

Not to be out done Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (who will one day have her very own FEC troubles I am sure) opined on noted political radio station Hot 97: "Once you have a group that is marginalized ... once someone doesn't have access to clean water, they have no choice but to riot,"

Oh honey.....don't think, it weakens the nation

El Kabong Guest

So the DOJ says it will NOT press charges on former FBI Director James Comey for leaking classified materials to the press..... well aw shux guess he's going to get away scott free.....isn't he? Isn't he?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the DOJ says it will NOT press charges on former FBI Director James Comey for leaking classified materials to the press..... well aw shux guess he's going to get away scott free.....isn't he? Isn't he?
    The game is afoot

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I severely dislike Donald Trump.

Having said that, I don't get the whole uproar about whether he "spent a lot of time down there" with the first responders..... whether he was just down there for an interview..... or whether he wasn't down there at all. Leave it to people to find something to make an issue about. I would think the important thing is that he signed a bill to ensure the permanence of the funding for the 9/11 first responder families..... and that he spoke well and respectfully about those victims.

Once again the polarization of people shines through like hell's beacon through a fog. If you hate Trump, you're gonna look at every single fukking thing he says or does through an electron microscope and pick it to pieces..... regardless of context. If you're a blind Trump fanatic, you're gonna defend him like he once said..... whether he guns someone down in the middle of 5th Avenue.

The guy did a good and noble gesture. Probably one that other Presidents would've done as well had it come up during their watch.

Can't we just leave it at that?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I severely dislike Donald Trump.

Having said that, I don't get the whole uproar about whether he "spent a lot of time down there" with the first responders..... whether he was just down there for an interview..... or whether he wasn't down there at all. Leave it to people to find something to make an issue about. I would think the important thing is that he signed a bill to ensure the permanence of the funding for the 9/11 first responder families..... and that he spoke well and respectfully about those victims.

Once again the polarization of people shines through like hell's beacon through a fog. If you hate Trump, you're gonna look at every single fukking thing he says or does through an electron microscope and pick it to pieces..... regardless of context. If you're a blind Trump fanatic, you're gonna defend him like he once said..... whether he guns someone down in the middle of 5th Avenue.

The guy did a good and noble gesture. Probably one that other Presidents would've done as well had it come up during their watch.

Can't we just leave it at that?
    People and detractors get petty in these tribal environments. However inaccuracies, exaggerations and at times straight lies similar to this I think Trump just walks into repeatedly. He's the guy who may have caught a fish few saw but then revels in comic book style lore about defiantly single handily riding Moby like a rodeo bull. He inserts himself constantly as a factor. It's not his first foray into 9/11 and 'iffy' details and claims though and I think here it may irk many given that 9/11 scarred not just N.Y but the Nation. He railed about seeing 'thousands of Muslims' in Jersey celebrating the WTC collapse but turned out he was just a guy sitting in his apartment watching foreign news channels and picked up on some unfounded rumor. He told a campaign rally leading into the election that he watched from his Trump tower as jumpers leapt to their horrific deaths, though he was what 4-5 miles away. We all 'watched' those images and to this day we don't forget. The big thing with Trump about 'being down there' this time is that yes he did two interviews so sure duh..he was in the vicinity. But again he just can't let that be enough..he went on about his hundreds of workers in there helping immediately and removing rubble and even rescuing-finding 5 fire fighters. The Battalion Chief later came out to say he knew nothing of it and he would have. Never recalls a single 'Trump worker' being reported, witnessed or certainly blowing past the hoards first responders. It's just..Trump. Look I don't doubt Trumps sincerity and direct relation to that time of horror or that he has respect for our heroes who suffered but the 'leave it at that' can very well go both ways. Just lead and respectively stfu sir, you don't lump yourself in among true suffering souls and true heroes to bolster your standing or reputation. That is hollowed ground. Be they Fire fighters or soldiers past and present. The best thing of this recently is that Dems and Repubs finally found a non partisan avenue to do right by these victims and passing the renewed 9/11 bill that Trump was fully expected to sign. Save for Rand Paul and some other wet dip who blocked it repeatedly and voted no.

El Kabong Guest

All Rand Paul wanted was to cut funds from elsewhere in the budget to provide for the spending in the 9/11 First Responders Bill...surely that is an ok thing especially since it doesn't have to be a unanimous vote in favor. I mean perhaps it's a poor time to take such a stand but he's taken a similar stand against the raising of the debt ceiling so it isn't like he's being a hypocrite here.

Oh well

Record 157,288,000 Employed in July
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-employed-july

Trump has also gotten A$AP Rocky (whomever that is) released from prison in Sweden.

Now we're waiting for August 15th and Dan Coats' last day as head of DNI and perhaps then the declassification process can begin and we can get to the bottom of things once and for all.

Where's my good friend Kirkland with all this going on? Enjoying yourself in the Trump era? ready for another term in office?

Thread Information