Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The Trump supporters have gone awfully quiet.
    It gets tiring having to constantly defend and justify a dishonourable as well as a despicable man
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It gets tiring having to constantly defend and justify a dishonourable as well as a despicable man
    Stop talking about bffbeaner

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Trump is never going to be impeached but there comes a point when people just can't ignore the rampant lawlessness and are obligated to uphold the oath they swore to defend the constitution.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michael Flynn pleads Fifth, refuses to be 'paraded, harassed or disparaged' by Adam Schiff

Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn will invoke his Fifth Amendment rights rather than testify before the House Intelligence Committee, Flynn’s lawyer Sidney Powell said in a letter Monday, according to The Washington Examiner.
    Powell, who replaced Flynn’s previous attorneys in June, wrote that Flynn refuses to be “paraded, harassed or disparaged” by Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), according to the Times.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...earance-report

El Kabong Guest

Trump is never going to be impeached but there comes a point when people just can't ignore the rampant lawlessness and are obligated to uphold the oath they swore to defend the constitution.
    Did you read the transcript? Where's the broken law? The Democrats have numbers in the House (for now) and some may see this as their moment in the spotlight (likely to be those like AOC who is in a deep blue district) but others (specifically those Democrat Reps in Red states) might see this as something which is not to their advantage.

AND if what you're accusing Trump of is "rampant lawlessness" then oh boy do I have some bad news for you

Michael Flynn pleads Fifth, refuses to be 'paraded, harassed or disparaged' by Adam Schiff

Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn will invoke his Fifth Amendment rights rather than testify before the House Intelligence Committee, Flynn’s lawyer Sidney Powell said in a letter Monday, according to The Washington Examiner.
    Powell, who replaced Flynn’s previous attorneys in June, wrote that Flynn refuses to be “paraded, harassed or disparaged” by Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), according to the Times.

Yeah, the General Flynn case looks only extraordinarily bad for the Democrats now. He won't have to change his plea at all, the ruling will be overturned....but then again we all knew that because somebody had made mention of how he got railroaded by an overeager bunch of rabid Democrats out for any anchor they could tie to Trump.

Kirk, I'm afraid it's only going to get worse for the Democrats.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would you criticize the guy taking the fifth. It’s probably the smartest move anyone can take. I’m sure there is a lot who wants to say but you open your mouth once you waved your right. I would take the fifth as I know if I didn’t I’d be held in contempt when I called Schiff an asshole

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you read the transcript? Where's the broken law? The Democrats have numbers in the House (for now) and some may see this as their moment in the spotlight (likely to be those like AOC who is in a deep blue district) but others (specifically those Democrat Reps in Red states) might see this as something which is not to their advantage.

AND if what you're accusing Trump of is "rampant lawlessness" then oh boy do I have some bad news for you

Yeah, the General Flynn case looks only extraordinarily bad for the Democrats now. He won't have to change his plea at all, the ruling will be overturned....but then again we all knew that because somebody had made mention of how he got railroaded by an overeager bunch of rabid Democrats out for any anchor they could tie to Trump.

Kirk, I'm afraid it's only going to get worse for the Democrats.
    There isn't a transcript, there's a selectively edited White House memorandum of the conversation. From the time they gave the conversation lasting there should be about three times more words than they've so far shared. They scrapped the original transcript and stored an edited version in a top secret location instead of where it was meant to be kept where dozens of officials could access it for some reason. They've done whis with dozens of calls apparently.

Here's Fox news judge somethingorother on whether Trump broke the law or not:

Judge Napolitano: Trump has admitted committing crime in talks with Ukraine

and a video too

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-...admitted-crime

Even conservative news outlets have said he's bang to rights. The Washington Examiner, both editorial and various legal scholars (don't have time to find a link) and the premier conservative outlet, the National Review :

I haven’t been a litigator since 2015. I haven’t conducted a proper cross-examination since 2014. But if I couldn’t walk a witness, judge, and jury through the transcript of Donald Trump’s call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and demonstrate that a quid pro quo was more likely than not, then I should just hang up my suit and retire in disgrace. Far from being “scattershot” — as my esteemed colleague Kyle Smith declares — the actual sequence is extremely tight, and the asks are very clear.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-quid-pro-quo/

And here's a scene from the Godfather with the language from the White House "transcript" added:

https://twitter.com/LarryNoble_DC/st...59931033034759

Also, too:

After the call, multiple officials told the whistle-blower that future talks between Mr. Trump and Mr. Zelensky would depend on whether the Ukranians would “play ball” on the investigations.

I'm guessing Trump will be happy for all these officials to testify under oath to the impeachment inquiry.

And you don't have news for me Lyle, you have a bunch of whackadoodle conspiracy theories that you're too chickenshit to articulate. I have to say Lyle, if Trump is just waiting to drop the hammer and cart off all the deep state Democrats from Obama and Hillary on down then this would be the perfect theatrical moment to do it. It's going to happen any day now. You fucking nut, you gullible fucking moron.

And Flynn did not get railroaded. He's on tape lying to the FBI and admitted to it. Nobody forced him to lie Lyle. Now he's terrified to go under oath in public. You'd think he'd love the opportunity to tell the world how he was framed or whatever but instead the fifth. Jesus Lyle.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Drain the swamp" . How did so many eat that gar'bage up. This man is standing center swamp neck deep in a bottomless canoe paddling frantically ffs. The gimmick has run it's course.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    "Drain the swamp" . How did so many eat that gar'bage up. This man is standing center swamp neck deep in a bottomless canoe paddling frantically ffs. The gimmick has run it's course.
    All the financial regulators run by bank lobbyists. The DOD run by a defence contrator lobbyist who replaced another defence contractor lobbyist/employee. Interior run by a coal lobbyist/energy by an oil lobbyist (might have them the wrong way round). Eugene Scalia running the depatment of Labor ffs.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/trump-...or-department/

I'm missing some obvious ones I know. Oh yeah, health lobbysit lawyers now working for the trump administration in court trying to shut Obamacare down and basically running department of health. In related news healthcare sector profits went up 23% year on year this year. 23% profit increase in a year. Impressive. I'm forgetting others.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    All the financial regulators run by bank lobbyists. The DOD run by a defence contrator lobbyist who replaced another defence contractor lobbyist/employee. Interior run by a coal lobbyist/energy by an oil lobbyist (might have them the wrong way round). Eugene Scalia running the depatment of Labor ffs.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/trump-...or-department/

I'm missing some obvious ones I know. Oh yeah, health lobbysit lawyers now working for the trump administration in court trying to shut Obamacare down and basically running department of health. In related news healthcare sector profits went up 23% year on year this year. 23% profit increase in a year. Impressive. I'm forgetting others.
    The consistent obfuscation of a co-equal branch of Government is enough for me now. The stripping of allocated funds for this asinine vanity project of a wall. We have elected official not Kings or dime store mafia dons. What is unfolding and coming to light is corruption and an abuse of power. And the last thing anyone should want is this shat show Impeachment. It's not a celebration. No one should clap. It's a damn shame and embarrassment is what it is.

El Kabong Guest

Kirk I can tell you and I can tell you and I know you won't believe me, you've no good reason to which is why I've stopped trying to convince you and I've just said "We'll see what happens". So as far as impeachment goes "We'll see what happens" as far as illegality "we'll see what happens".

What I see is a rabid bunch of people who are absolutely blinded by emotion (which the mainstream media has whipped them up into a frenzy over) and they cannot seem to understand the irony over what they are angry about because Democrats have tried to obtain dirt on Trump from Russia, from Ukraine, from anyone really...and as per usual with the media and Democrats this kind of shit hasn't been discussed AT ALL so don't get upset when I bring it up, it's not deflection, by all means let's discuss Trump and Zelenskiy's phone chat but if what they discussed is illegal then gee I guess we had better take a look at some other things along with that as they more than fit the bill. As for the transcript of the call being only a partial, a "selectively edited memorandum" of the call then I guess you had better look a bit closer at the whistleblower report

That whistleblower report....allow me to put it to music....

heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend

Firsthand accounts matter and I'm afraid Kirkland, that the over eager the over emotional Democrats have been tricked into this. This impeachment push, sure Trump gets people upset because they're programmed to hate him (when did that start by the way?), but there's going to come a time when the cards need to be laid on the table and truth and facts need to be presented and at that time you better hope that the Democrats have what they claim to have, I'm of the belief they don't have shit at all but the reason they're in the fullcourt press is because they hold a lot of guilt on their side which is provable I hate to tell you. Now you can call me names and be upset, but I'm just stating my opinion from information I've seen/heard/read.

This impeachment push is great for spotlight hogs like AOC (so she thinks) in safe districts, but the Democrat reps in red states face a troubling future with this and quite frankly there's 0 way the Senate votes 2/3rds to convict....it's almost like certain people (AOC) never took a civics class. And even if Trump was impeached AND convicted, then you have President Mike Pence...is that going to help ease the tensions? I doubt it. The timing of this, should it get to actual impeachment proceedings means Trump has basically stolen the thunder of the Democrat Primaries and that once again it's FREE PRESS for Trump and you saw how well that worked last time.

I don't want you to get upset with me because of my own personal views...but I'd keep the champagne on ice

El Kabong Guest

Let's say just for argument's sake....That Trump DID say "Hey Ukraine, a little help with this thing here please?"

We'd have to then consider this https://www.congress.gov/treaty-docu.../document-text which was signed into law under one William Jefferson Clinton.

And after THAT we could consider these things....

(Actually the LEAST of his troubles )

Then there's the letter to Ukraine (threatening them) sent by Senators Menendez, Leahy, and Durbin

....and did you happen to catch in the 'transcript' the mention of the company name CROWDSTRIKE? They have several several ties to the Ukraine. I'm also betting the name Alexandra Chalupa will be bandied about as well before this is all over.

But hey what do I know I'm sure the Democrats know exactly what they're doing and have really thought this whole procedure through and hey they and the late night comedians are 100% sold on Trump being half a retard so there's 0, I repeat 0 way this backfires on them.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Tweet from Rep. Adam Schiff August 28th:
    "Trump is withholding vital military aid to Ukraine, while his personal lawyer seeks help from the Ukraine government to investigate his political opponent.

It doesn’t take a stable genius to see the magnitude of this conflict.

Or how destructive it is to our national security."

Top response is from....

Alexandra Chalupa (DNC operative and Ukranian-American who attempted to dig up dirt on Trump in 2016) and she says:
    "I have a lot of information on this topic, Congressman. Well documented information that may be of use to your Committee, including coordination of the Trump administration and the Russian Federation to target American citizens and obstruct justice."

This tweet by Rep. Schiff is from 2 weeks BEFORE Congress was notified about the existence of such a complaint.

...but hey we'll see what happens.

Thread Information