Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think you kind of prove my point on inflation too. The stock market has risen massively as have property prices, the inflation has been in things ordinary people cannot compete with. A mortgage today is how many times more than income? Where is the stock market? That's massive inflation. The ordinary person cannot compete and generally companies do not provide pensions anymore and people are mostly spending for today. A lack of common sense there too, but the printed money goes to the elite first of all and at rates nobody else can have. The inflation for ordinary things did not occur because wages etc have been kept down and the money was kept away from ordinary society.
    The stock market is not the economy. It's a small number of people betting on speculative assets. Has no bearing on prices in the real economy.

The housing market is the way it is due to Britain having the most restrictive planning regulations of any major economy. It's supply and demand causing house price rises, nothing to do with printing money or any kind of monetary or fiscal policy that central banks or governments have engaged in.

Ten years you've been an instant expert on finance and economics and you're still repeating the same obvious nonsense you were ten years ago.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Your country is a banana republic and you seem quite happy about it.

And a yes or no answer Lyle. Is Trump above the law or not?
    We'll see what happens.

I've already answered that.
    It's a yes or no answer and you refuse to say no. You clearly think Trump is above the law.

El Kabong Guest

We'll see what happens.

It's a yes or no answer and you refuse to say no. You clearly think Trump is above the law.
    I answered already, what you choose to do now is up to you and I'm sure I don't care about it.

Hey how's that whole impeachment process coming along by the by?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking Fred is not playing today but you get the idea. Imagine what it would look like going back to 2000 showing the 2008 drop. Bottom line, low stable inflation and volatile stock market. No connection between the two. Maybe the graph helps make it obvious.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll see what happens.

I answered already, what you choose to do now is up to you and I'm sure I don't care about it.

Hey how's that whole impeachment process coming along by the by?
    You can't bring yourself to admit that Trump isn't above the law.

El Kabong Guest

You can't bring yourself to admit that Trump isn't above the law.
    Already asked and already answered, your disbelief in your own misinterpretation of my answer doesn't move me at all. Sooooo I don't know what to tell you, good luck?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently there has been a development regarding Trump's re-election campaign.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...f_Clj-sh_I7NWk

"Putin Angrily Resigns from Trump’s Reëlection Campaign"

It's a bit dated, but still........

El Kabong Guest

Hmmm....

AG Barr's special Russia investigator obtained BlackBerrys tied to launch of FBI Russia-Trump probe
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...=socialnetwork

What was that I was saying about Brady material?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I made the $30 bed with a co-worker yesterday that Trump will win a minimum of 330 electoral votes in the next election.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think you kind of prove my point on inflation too. The stock market has risen massively as have property prices, the inflation has been in things ordinary people cannot compete with. A mortgage today is how many times more than income? Where is the stock market? That's massive inflation. The ordinary person cannot compete and generally companies do not provide pensions anymore and people are mostly spending for today. A lack of common sense there too, but the printed money goes to the elite first of all and at rates nobody else can have. The inflation for ordinary things did not occur because wages etc have been kept down and the money was kept away from ordinary society.
    The stock market is not the economy. It's a small number of people betting on speculative assets. Has no bearing on prices in the real economy.

The housing market is the way it is due to Britain having the most restrictive planning regulations of any major economy. It's supply and demand causing house price rises, nothing to do with printing money or any kind of monetary or fiscal policy that central banks or governments have engaged in.

Ten years you've been an instant expert on finance and economics and you're still repeating the same obvious nonsense you were ten years ago.

You have just proven my point yet again. Of course the stock market does not reflect the real economy.

If it was supply and demand in property then I am not sure where 10% a year came from unless immigration was way beyond estimation. Or if like with stocks the rich own a lot more property than they should. Either way interest rate rises would sink ordinary mortgage holders who have mortgages on generally overpriced properties. Foreigners should not be buying property unless they have an equal deal in their home countries where we can too. Thus bye bye China and India.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The UK has too many people and that inevitably places a strain but most cannot afford to buy. The conclusion is that there are people with money both domestic and overseas who basically buy it up. Again, it does not reflect what should be ordinary society and then with property inflation mortgage lending goes up and it becomes problematic for ordinary people who have to pay a lot more tha their parents did whilst earning not much more. Plus council tax? Utterly regressive and unfair like VAT. I would genuinely would ban non residents from buying property. If you want to buy a home overseas then dedicate yourself to that country. Do not use it as a financial tap. I hate that.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...st-time-buyers

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this on Facebook. Not a lot to argue about, I reckon. Sure explains a lot of the feelings people have toward Trump. I know I don't disagree with most things on there.

https://thehobbledehoy.com/2019/03/0...4khS8Bhg7nJXRE

"British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read"

Someone on Quora asked “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
    For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
    So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
    I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.
    Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.
    Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.
    He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.
    That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
    • Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
    • You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.
    After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.
    God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.
    In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:
    ‘My God… what… have… I… created?
    If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

"A Jabba the Hut of privilege."

Ouch!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any anyone can write that thing's, I disagree with every point of Nate White of England.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An excerpt........

"For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace....."

Wait a minute there Mr. White. Trump has plenty of self-awareness. He knows exactly what he is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is correct Tito fan. He knows exactly what he is doing and what he is saying and he is the witty person, much more witty than his opponent because he is always several steps ahead of them. Those expression 4D chess is really what he is doing. That guy spent his entire life doing deals face to face and reading people, and the reading those people's feints and bluffs, and in the nitty-gritty of real life he got the more experience on those interpersonal levels then all of that politicians combine.

Thread Information