Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

America owes this whistleblower a great debt of gratitude. It doesn't look like any of the witnesses who have so far come forward to testify about what Trump did would have said a peep otherwise and Trump would have been able to get away with it. He should be given some sort of recognition for this when America gets a rule of law administration again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wisselblower is a Kangaroo Court, behind closed doors, cant not even be cross-examination, is a Kangaroo. Shiff is that liar WHO is the biggest lying person on the world!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    America owes this whistleblower a great debt of gratitude. It doesn't look like any of the witnesses who have so far come forward to testify about what Trump did would have said a peep otherwise and Trump would have been able to get away with it. He should be given some sort of recognition for this when America gets a rule of law administration again.
    Do you still believe there will be a vote on impeachment? And if there is what do you believe will happen?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Italy Did Not Fuel U.S. Suspicion of Russian Meddling, Prime Minister Says

Casting holes in a Trump conspiracy theory, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte revealed details of two visits to Rome by Attorney General William P. Barr.

ROME — Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte of Italy said his country’s intelligence services had informed the American attorney general, William P. Barr, that they played no role in the events leading to the Russia investigation, taking the air out of an unsubstantiated theory promoted by President Trump and his allies in recent weeks.

Mr. Conte publicly acknowledged for the first time that Mr. Barr had twice met with the leaders of Italy’s intelligence agencies after asking them to clarify their role in a 2016 meeting between a Maltese professor and a Trump campaign adviser on a small college campus in Rome, Link Campus University.
    During a subsequent meeting, the professor, Joseph Mifsud, told the adviser, George Papadopolous, that Russia had obtained damaging information about Hillary Clinton in the form of “thousands of emails,” according to the special counsel’s report into Russian meddling in the 2016 American election. Mr. Papadopolous later shared that information with foreign diplomats, which eventually set off alarms among American intelligence officials about Russian interference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/w...w-nytimesworld

Before agreeing to release nearly $400 million in military assistance to Ukraine, President Donald Trump extorted a promise from his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, to appear on American television and act out a script prepared for him by Trump’s aides, the top American diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, told the House impeachment inquiry on Tuesday.
    The scene a desperate Zelensky finally agreed to perform would have been the very definition of fake news: a dramatic announcement by the Ukrainian president, during a CNN interview, that he was opening criminal investigations on Joe Biden’s family and other Democrats.
    The plot, which would have duped American voters into believing that there was some substance to a debunked conspiracy theory about Biden’s work in Ukraine as vice president, came very close to working.
    According to Taylor, a career foreign service official who has served four Republican and two Democratic presidents, until early September, Zelensky and his aides had resisted pressure from Trump to help him smear Biden. Zelensky was supposed to do this by investigating Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company the former vice president’s son Hunter was once paid to advise, as well as claims that Ukrainian officials had revealed evidence of financial crimes by Trump’s campaign manager Paul Manafort in 2016 to help elect Hillary Clinton.
    But once the Ukrainians became aware that the much-needed security assistance Trump had personally held up might never be delivered, Zelensky, who was an actor and comedian before entering politics this year, agreed to play his part in a ruse intended to lend credibility to baseless conspiracy theories about Biden and other Democrats.......................

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/23/...president-cnn/

Washington (CNN)Long before they burst onto the national scene with their high-profile arrests at Dulles International Airport earlier this month, Soviet-born businessmen Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were already turning heads in Republican fundraising circles.

"They seemed like hustlers -- but not in a bad way. In a good way," one high-ranking Republican operative familiar with the pair told CNN.
    But a CNN review of campaign contributions and court filings, as well as interviews with nearly a dozen people with knowledge of Parnas and Fruman's interactions, tell a different story. The pair raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars and jetted around the world touting their connections to Giuliani and the Trump administration while pushing for business and favors, even claiming to arrange a Fox News interview, right up until the day they were arrested for conspiracy and campaign-finance related charges.

[...]

Two weeks ago when they were arrested, Parnas and Fruman were preparing to fly to Vienna, Austria, to meet Giuliani and another key figure in the impeachment investigation, Ukraine's former prosecutor general Viktor Shokin, according to four sources familiar with their trip. Shokin is the same Ukrainian official who former Vice President Joe Biden -- along with other Western leaders -- had pushed to have removed over concerns he wasn't prosecuting corruption.
    While questions in Washington swirl around Shokin's role in this controversy, Giuliani, Parnas, Fruman had specific plans for the former Ukrainian official up until the day of their arrest. According to those four sources, they told others they were headed to Vienna to help with a planned interview the next day: Shokin, they said, was scheduled to do an interview from the Austrian capital with Sean Hannity.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/23/p...ani/index.html

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Do you still believe there will be a vote on impeachment? And if there is what do you believe will happen?

https://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfo...64#post1532564

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NEW YORK — I wasn’t expecting laughter in court today.

But at the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan, there were stifled chortles as personal attorneys for President Trump finally arrived at the logical destination of their argument that he is immune not only from prosecution – but from investigation.
    It came in Trump’s appeal challenging a state grand jury subpoena for financial records from his longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA.
    Manhattan District Attorney General Counsel Carrey Dunne told the appeals court that Trump was acting as if the law did not apply to him, and was trying to have it both ways by asserting executive protections over an investigation that concerned his private business.
    Trump attorney William Consovoy had argued that not only does the Constitution prevent a sitting president from indictment, but it also prevents criminal investigation or “process” from being applied to the head of state................

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...unity-argument

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh oh, Colorado is getting a border wall too, maybe new mexicans are as bad as the others :S.. I hope a map is presented in the oval office with original border lines drawn in marker pen.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

So you're just not going to accept my answers, alright then I guess we're done communicating then. Been nice chatting

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you're just not going to accept my answers, alright then I guess we're done communicating then. Been nice chatting

You haven't answered it Lyle. You can't show me an answer because you haven't answered it. I've already answered your question by the way but it's fallen off your little shelf already. Your teeny tiny little shelf Lyle.

Here's another question you won't answer. Look at this nutcase:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...32247217856512

Uses BLOCK CAPS Lyle. A kindred spirit. If Trump does get impeached is there any chance you'll pick up a weapon and head to Washington?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Oh oh, Colorado is getting a border wall too, maybe new mexicans are as bad as the others :S.. I hope a map is presented in the oval office with original border lines drawn in marker pen.
    Each of America's fifty seven states is getting its own border wall thanks to Trump.

El Kabong Guest

You haven't answered it Lyle. You can't show me an answer because you haven't answered it. I've already answered your question by the way but it's fallen off your little shelf already. Your teeny tiny little shelf Lyle.

Here's another question you won't answer. Look at this nutcase:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...32247217856512

Uses BLOCK CAPS Lyle. A kindred spirit. If Trump does get impeached is there any chance you'll pick up a weapon and head to Washington?
    Well I had posted

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    IF Trump actually said that and I've got my doubts, then he shouldn't have said that, but he's known to have a way with words and sometimes certain people....you know the kind....get the wrong idea. I think it's quite likely you misheard or misinterpreted what Trump has said.

Oh Trump is allowed to investigate his opponents he's just got to do it the proper way which is via the FBI, DOJ, etc.....so AG Barr being involved should change your opinion of this then, AG Barr is as AG head of the DOJ after all. And if the FBI corruptly attempted to torpedo his Presidency why would Trump place ANY faith in them?
    As my answer, but since you find it unacceptable how about this.

The President is not going to be politically hobbled by individual states(or districts within states in this case) with a political grudge against him. I cannot recall the last time this sort of thing has happened so I'd imagine a precedent might be set and in that case it'll have to make it's way all the way up to the SCOTUS and they'll have to decide whether or not a state can demand what is a COURTESY provided by previous Presidents and candidates for President. It's not the law that taxes must be provided unless Congress requests them and even then it's sketchy.

So while the President has SOME Executive Privileges he's not above the law and in no way is Donald Trump or his legal team suggesting that he's above the law in this case.

So I hope that you find that answer acceptable dear heart, but never you worry, don't waste your precious time answering what I asked you.

Oh no, block caps, he must be a racist right Kirkland?!?!? The man is free to post as he wants within the guidelines of Twitter (whatever those might be). Trump won't be impeached I highly doubt there will even be a vote held on impeachment and even if he was impeached, no, why would I head to Washington? I have been thinking of purchasing a new rifle lately, but truth be told I'll probably invest in another pistol first.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Old Mexico, New Mexico, it's a Mexico dagnabbit!

Speaking of Colorado, Random and a sure winner for Trump regarding wall(s) and /or fences and moats and tree forts. Why not recategorize the class of Marijuana and get the Federal Government off the banks and legal transactions reap tax profits. He'd pay for that ol wall in no time and do it without taking funds from Military programs and rebuilds. Shat we could even add water slides and sno ball stands every mile or so.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So while the President has SOME Executive Privileges he's not above the law and in no way is Donald Trump or his legal team suggesting that he's above the law in this case.

Manhattan District Attorney General Counsel Carrey Dunne told the appeals court that Trump was acting as if the law did not apply to him, and was trying to have it both ways by asserting executive protections over an investigation that concerned his private business.
    Trump attorney William Consovoy had argued that not only does the Constitution prevent a sitting president from indictment, but it also prevents criminal investigation or “process” from being applied to the head of state.
    Dunne brought up Trump’s famous statement when he caught fire during the 2016 Republican primary, “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.”

“If he did pull out a handgun and shoot someone on Fifth Ave,” Dunne asked, “would the local police be restrained?”

[...]

Judge Chin raised Dunne’s point. He asked Consovoy for his “view on the Fifth Avenue example.”

“Local authorities couldn’t investigate, they couldn’t do anything about it?” he asked.
    “No,” replied a visibly annoyed Consovoy amid stifled chortles.
    “Nothing could be done? That’s your position?” Chin repeated.
    “That is correct, that is correct,” Consovoy responded

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...unity-argument

El Kabong Guest

Justice Dept. Is Said to Open Criminal Inquiry Into Its Own Russia Investigation
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAJjIHv
    Justice Department officials have shifted an administrative review of the Russia investigation closely overseen by Attorney General William P. Barr to a criminal inquiry, according to two people familiar with the matter. The move gives the prosecutor running it, John H. Durham, the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to convene a grand jury and to file criminal charges.

Thread Information