123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Federal health employees interacted with Americans quarantined for possible exposure to the coronavirus without proper medical training or protective gear, then scattered into the general population, according to a government whistle-blower who lawmakers say faced retaliation for reporting concerns.The team was “improperly deployed” to two military bases in California to assist the processing of Americans who had been evacuated from coronavirus hot zones in China and elsewhere, according to a portion of a narrative account shared with Congress and obtained by The New York Times ahead of a formal complaint to the Office of the Special Counsel, an independent government agency that handles federal whistle-blower complaints.
    Staff members from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families were sent to Travis Air Force Base and March Air Reserve Base in late January and early February and were ordered to enter quarantined areas, including a hangar where coronavirus evacuees were being received, the complaint said. They were not provided safety-protocol training until five days into their assignment, said the whistle-blower, who is described as a senior leader at the health agency.
    Without proper training or equipment, some of the exposed staff members moved freely around and off the bases, with at least one person staying in a nearby hotel and leaving California on a commercial flight. Many were unaware of the need to test their temperatures three times a day.

[...]

The account surfaced as President Trump seeks to play down the danger of a domestic coronavirus outbreak amid bipartisan concern about a sluggish and disjointed response by the administration to an illness that public health officials have said is likely to spread across the United States. The first American case of coronavirus in a patient with no known contact with hot zones or other coronavirus patients emerged this week near Travis Air Force Base.

The complaint raised questions about whether the Trump administration had taken adequate precautions in its handling of the virus, and whether Mr. Trump’s minimization of the risks had been mirrored by other top officials when confronted with potentially disturbing developments.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/u...tleblower.html

Posted without comment.
    Good pick Kirk. The media is considering calling this “the trump virus”. Maybe the “trump Putin Ukraine flu” it is definitely trumps fault. Asking for a billion for vaccine research, horrible, like Nancy said nowhere near enough and when he said congress should handle it she said it shows he doesn’t care. That news article is just more scare bullshit. Not one of those workers has tested positive. Probably two of them forgot to wear gloves and the media makes it a crisis so people like you can eat it up. What’s the mortality rate? How many people died? How many died of the common flu going around. The regular flu we deal with every year is much worse. I’m not making light of this thing, it’s terrible but it’ll fizzle out. Ebola was supposed to kill us all, sars was supposed to kill us all. Zika was going to wipe us all out. Mad cow disease was going to lead to the eradication of all cows on the planet which would have been horrible as my cat lives it when I give her a piece of my steak

Show me where "the media" is calling this the Trump virus. The media means this is a widespread thing in the actual media, right, not just one person somewhere or some fuckers on facebook? And the rest of the post is just garbage. You were listening to Rush Limbaugh before you wrote this weren't you. Idiot.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You will not read it (link below) because for quite some time now you have become a very rabid idealogue wedded to the corporate led globalist ideaology behind Netanyahu, the far right MSM and the desire to annihilate the things that make Britain great. It is very sad how you have morphed into Bilbo in order to justify your increasingly laughable and polarised lectures of hate. More than willing to throw fellow Brits and the Palestinians under a bus, it as should come as no surprise that you have never hesitated to crush your own moral compass underfoot, if it means like El Kabong you in your own now very reduced brain, win an Internet argument.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rban-netanyahu

https://twitter.com/dylanotes/status...84006837559297

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Federal health employees interacted with Americans quarantined for possible exposure to the coronavirus without proper medical training or protective gear, then scattered into the general population, according to a government whistle-blower who lawmakers say faced retaliation for reporting concerns.The team was “improperly deployed” to two military bases in California to assist the processing of Americans who had been evacuated from coronavirus hot zones in China and elsewhere, according to a portion of a narrative account shared with Congress and obtained by The New York Times ahead of a formal complaint to the Office of the Special Counsel, an independent government agency that handles federal whistle-blower complaints.
    Staff members from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families were sent to Travis Air Force Base and March Air Reserve Base in late January and early February and were ordered to enter quarantined areas, including a hangar where coronavirus evacuees were being received, the complaint said. They were not provided safety-protocol training until five days into their assignment, said the whistle-blower, who is described as a senior leader at the health agency.
    Without proper training or equipment, some of the exposed staff members moved freely around and off the bases, with at least one person staying in a nearby hotel and leaving California on a commercial flight. Many were unaware of the need to test their temperatures three times a day.

[...]

The account surfaced as President Trump seeks to play down the danger of a domestic coronavirus outbreak amid bipartisan concern about a sluggish and disjointed response by the administration to an illness that public health officials have said is likely to spread across the United States. The first American case of coronavirus in a patient with no known contact with hot zones or other coronavirus patients emerged this week near Travis Air Force Base.

The complaint raised questions about whether the Trump administration had taken adequate precautions in its handling of the virus, and whether Mr. Trump’s minimization of the risks had been mirrored by other top officials when confronted with potentially disturbing developments.

Posted without comment.
    Good pick Kirk. The media is considering calling this “the trump virus”. Maybe the “trump Putin Ukraine flu” it is definitely trumps fault. Asking for a billion for vaccine research, horrible, like Nancy said nowhere near enough and when he said congress should handle it she said it shows he doesn’t care. That news article is just more scare bullshit. Not one of those workers has tested positive. Probably two of them forgot to wear gloves and the media makes it a crisis so people like you can eat it up. What’s the mortality rate? How many people died? How many died of the common flu going around. The regular flu we deal with every year is much worse. I’m not making light of this thing, it’s terrible but it’ll fizzle out. Ebola was supposed to kill us all, sars was supposed to kill us all. Zika was going to wipe us all out. Mad cow disease was going to lead to the eradication of all cows on the planet which would have been horrible as my cat lives it when I give her a piece of my steak

Show me where "the media" is calling this the Trump virus. The media means this is a widespread thing in the actual media, right, not just one person somewhere or some fuckers on facebook? And the rest of the post is just garbage. You were listening to Rush Limbaugh before you wrote this weren't you. Idiot.
    Ha ha Kirk you didn’t see it or are you kidding me, I called it before it happened

El Kabong Guest

[...]

Posted without comment.

Ha ha Kirk you didn’t see it or are you kidding me, I called it before it happened
    Maybe he should "read a fucking newspaper"....perhaps the NYT?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[...]

Posted without comment.

Yes of course. The media is not calling this the Trump virus. That's just bullshit that you're parroting from whichever bullshit source you got it from.

El Kabong Guest

Yes of course. The media is not calling this the Trump virus. That's just bullshit that you're parroting from whichever bullshit source you got it from.
    Maybe read a newspaper sometime

Let’s Call It Trumpvirus
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/o...rus-trump.html

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Maybe read a newspaper sometime

Let’s Call It Trumpvirus
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/o...rus-trump.html

If this is the extent of "the media" using the phrase then you just proved my point. One opinion piece in one newspaper is not "the media". Idiot.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yield-o...ut-11583255576

Like I said before, America will have negative yields during the next recession. Investors will be paying the American government to borrow their money. This is one terrified money market. We could be in for decades of monetary mismanagement after the decade plus of mismanagement we've had since the 2008 meltdown. The reason being that the correct and bleedingly obvious thing to do, which is a massive downward redistribution of wealth and significant government borrowing to renew infrastructure and provide (for example) healthcare and daycare services (which will all pay for themselves and actually add to national income) are things the short sighted money grabbing idiots who run things don't want to do.

I'm sure I'll get the opportunity to cover this in more detail in the months ahead when it's much more relevant to current events.

El Kabong Guest

If this is the extent of "the media" using the phrase then you just proved my point. One opinion piece in one newspaper is not "the media". Idiot.
    "All the News That's Fit to Print"

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not news. It's an opinion piece. The NYT employ a range of opinion writers and a huge number of occasional opinion writers. One of these opinion writers who probably has a piece published every few months is not "the media".

El Kabong Guest

It's not news. It's an opinion piece. The NYT employ a range of opinion writers and a huge number of occasional opinion writers. One of these opinion writers who probably has a piece published every few months is not "the media".

It's an example Kirkland. Live with it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's an example Kirkland. Live with it.

It's one person's opinion. That's not the same thing as "the media". If you can find lots of other examples of people in the media saying the same thing then you have a case. But you can't do that.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does this thread

"Today in Trump"

virtually never, ever discuss Today in Trump? its not like the useless bastard doesn't engage in some fuckwittery that is newsworthy everyday.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I really enjoyed that. Thanks.

Thread Information