He sounds defeated.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

The thing with the polls is that polls that show one candidate in a lead tend to put that candidate's voters off from voting because they think he's going to win easily. This is all just more up is down shit from Trump. I won really. Is he just going to whinge for half an hour? Surely he's going to ask state legislatures in states where Biden won to send GOP slates. It's either that or spend his next years in and out of court and dodging a prison cell.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like his tie. A judge has reversed the lower court ruling on observers 'up close' yet he literally just lied about being 'banned'. It's just more BS.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was like the Downfall scene on valium. What a sad sack. Whiny, neurotic New Yorker. He's like Woody Allen without the humour.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Trump wins this.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I think Trump wins this.

He COULD.

But I bet right now Trump and the GOP are wishing damn Nevada had 5 electoral votes instead of 6.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t mean to goad anybody on here who is a Trump voter, but his behaviour has been reprehensible.

Like a spoilt child, with a grotesque sense of entitlement, if he loses something then it must be down to cheating or corruption. Stoking tensions in an already febrile atmosphere is very irresponsible. There are a lot of heavily armed stupid people out there.

And to cast doubt on the entire democratic system of voting, in the bastion of democracy he is supposed to be protecting is outrageous.

Trumps presidency actually accomplished some good things during his tenure, but his character and behaviour have not been great in my humble opinion.

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I don’t mean to goad anybody on here who is a Trump voter, but his behaviour has been reprehensible.

Like a spoilt child, with a grotesque sense of entitlement, if he loses something then it must be down to cheating or corruption. Stoking tensions in an already febrile atmosphere is very irresponsible. There are a lot of heavily armed stupid people out there.

And to cast doubt on the entire democratic system of voting, in the bastion of democracy he is supposed to be protecting is outrageous.

Trumps presidency actually accomplished some good things during his tenure, but his character and behaviour have not been great in my humble opinion.

Spot on, X! (I kept looking for the punchline, 'cause I'm not used to you putting up solely serious posts... but very well said).

Thing is... Trump had sewn the seeds of doubt months ago. This has been part of a process.

1. Completely divide.
    2. Stoke the hate.
    3. Predict foul play ahead of the elections (thus, rigging it so that is he wins he wins... if he "loses" it was cheating).
    4. Stack the deck in his favor.
    5. Try to cash in his chips come election time.

The guy after all... is a seasoned wheeling, dealing clown.

El Kabong Guest

Things will work out...oh there will be disquiet, there already has been (to prime the pump) see Seattle, Portland, etc...but in the end everything will work out.

People don't like what Trump is doing, I get it, I understand. I also understand why Trump is doing it.

Let's be rational about all this shall we? Let's look at some election results and maybe we'll come to some conclusions.

GOP lost ZERO House Races
    GOP picks up House seats
    GOP holds Majority in Senate
    GOP holds every state legislature they were defending
    GOP flips state legislature in NH
    Dems spend HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to win Senate seats and flip state legislature and in the biggest examples of Democrat failure: Mitch McConnell SKATES past Amy McGrath, Lindsey Graham defeats Jaime Harrison, Thom Tillis beat Cal Cunningham, and Democrat incumbent Donna Shalala was upset by Republican newcomer Maria Salazar.
    Not only that, Donald Trump who holds a historic approval rating within the Republican Party (even better than Reagan) picked up historic gains in Latino, Black, LGBT, and Women votes.

But all that doesn't matter, all of that is wiped out, because Joe Biden....Joe 'Been in office nearly half a century but NOW I'm going to change things' Biden got more votes than anyone else in history, more votes than Obama in 2008?

Joe Biden got that? Kamala Harris who polled UNDER 1% in the primaries got that? And if we're to believe "Well it's people who support Biden, but it's also people who HATE Trump"...they're THAT motivated? I mean Trump's approval rating in general is the magic 46% number....but nah, yeah, nah people were SUPER motivated to vote and apparently ONLY vote Biden as President because the Republicans won everything else?

I'm going to need to stretch before I'm able to suspend my disbelief on THAT friends...and after 3 years of a Russia collusion hoax and not accepting defeat in 2016, you think the Dems just were like "Oh well, let's beat him fair & square in 2020 with Joe Biden"? Hillary wasn't a great candidate, but she was a hell of a lot better and had more enthusiasm behind her than Biden.

Just some things to think about

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donald Trump was out there doing five rallies a day getting massive crowds. Joe Biden didn't do anything to campaign, he did absolutely nothing, didn't go out and do anything, literally didn't get more than 150 attendees once in awhile, in a parking lot with some pumpkins lined up around Halloween.

It is absolutely impossible for me to believe that Joe Biden got more votes than Donald Trump.

Even worse, it's even more impossible for me to believe that anybody in their right mind would vote for Joe Biden. He clearly has severe neurological damage, some people said he had two strokes a couple years ago, I don't know if that is true or not, but there is something neurologically really wrong with him, any person --- even a person who has zero knowledge of medicine or health issues --- can clearly see there is something wrong with Joe Biden.

It's impossible for me to believe that anybody would vote for Joe Biden to be president of the United States until January 2025.

Hundreds of millions of mail in ballots sent out, many of them unsolicited, what could possibly go wrong?

I don't know what's going to happen here, and a few hours ago Joe Biden magically inched up by a few hundred votes over Trump in Pennsylvania and Georgia..... 🙄

It's just too difficult to believe that somebody could win an election AT A SNAIL'S PACE, A SLOW MOTION, CREEPING, INCH BY INCH, RIDICULOUS LOOKING PROCESS.

The person who walks around like a cadaver, who did absolutely almost no campaigning at all, who can't even speak two sentences without having neurological seizures, and whose vice presidential pick Kamala Harris has absolutely zero experience and a really horrible personality.....

Where was the Blue Wave? Is this it now?

Death by a thousand invisible cuts?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Things will work out...oh there will be disquiet, there already has been (to prime the pump) see Seattle, Portland, etc...but in the end everything will work out.

People don't like what Trump is doing, I get it, I understand. I also understand why Trump is doing it.

Let's be rational about all this shall we? Let's look at some election results and maybe we'll come to some conclusions.

GOP lost ZERO House Races
    GOP picks up House seats
    GOP holds Majority in Senate
    GOP holds every state legislature they were defending
    GOP flips state legislature in NH
    Dems spend HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to win Senate seats and flip state legislature and in the biggest examples of Democrat failure: Mitch McConnell SKATES past Amy McGrath, Lindsey Graham defeats Jaime Harrison, Thom Tillis beat Cal Cunningham, and Democrat incumbent Donna Shalala was upset by Republican newcomer Maria Salazar.
    Not only that, Donald Trump who holds a historic approval rating within the Republican Party (even better than Reagan) picked up historic gains in Latino, Black, LGBT, and Women votes.

But all that doesn't matter, all of that is wiped out, because Joe Biden....Joe 'Been in office nearly half a century but NOW I'm going to change things' Biden got more votes than anyone else in history, more votes than Obama in 2008?

Joe Biden got that? Kamala Harris who polled UNDER 1% in the primaries got that? And if we're to believe "Well it's people who support Biden, but it's also people who HATE Trump"...they're THAT motivated? I mean Trump's approval rating in general is the magic 46% number....but nah, yeah, nah people were SUPER motivated to vote and apparently ONLY vote Biden as President because the Republicans won everything else?

I'm going to need to stretch before I'm able to suspend my disbelief on THAT friends...and after 3 years of a Russia collusion hoax and not accepting defeat in 2016, you think the Dems just were like "Oh well, let's beat him fair & square in 2020 with Joe Biden"? Hillary wasn't a great candidate, but she was a hell of a lot better and had more enthusiasm behind her than Biden.

Just some things to think about

This is the way I look at it. This vote wasn't against the Republicans in general. It was against Donald Trump. There are countless thousands of Republicans, including in Congress, who quietly wish Trump would go away. We hear the flop-floppers, like that waste of oxygen Lindsey Graham. But there are many decent Republicans who just want the best for the nation... and who are frankly embarrassed by how Trump has carried himself for the last four years.

I'm no Democrat. I'd say in going down the list of issues I'm probably 50/50, or maybe even 60/40. Doesn't matter. What that affords me is the objectivity to be able to trash Trump without condemning a whole political party.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And here's the thing.....

If Trump is to lose, he's perfectly happy leaving behind a giant, smoldering, dangerous mess.

Republicans have talked ad nauseum about how the Dems would create civil war if Trump won.

Yet it is they... stoked to feverish, insane, angry proportions by their leader... who seem ready to wage war if Biden is declared the winner.

This is about to get U-G-L-Y.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've given my views about why I think this is a very dishonest deal and it's just part of all of the attacks that they have made on Trump since 2015....

But now I will play devil's advocate because I thought of a few things in the past few minutes that really need to be said....

If Donald Trump was so paranoid about mailing ballots all the way back in July and August, and he thought that that was the way the Democrats would try to quote" steal the election", THEN WHY THE F*** DIDN'T HE TELL HIS OWN SUPPORTERS TO USE MAIL AND BALLOTS AS WELL? I mean if he claims that hundreds of millions of ballots were sent out, they were sent out to everybody in the country not just a Democrats. If you know four months before the election that this is going to be a problem for you, then why not tell your own supporters to use those same mail in ballots?

Instead Trump has been trying to look strong and unafraid and maskless against the coronavirus and he told all of his supporters to go out and be strong and vote in person. This is typical of a narcissistic leader who has a blind spot and who cares more about how he looks compared to his opponents rather than what he might use to win.

Here's a guy who claims to be the best strategist in the world and he failed to understand that if he encourages his own supporters to use the mail in ballots, that maybe that would give him a better chance of winning!

The icing on that cake is that if he had told the country to wear a mask all the way back in March--- WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD ALREADY KNEW HOW DEADLY IT WAS BASED ON WHAT HAD HAPPENED IN CHINA--- then there wouldn't be so many cases and deaths in the United States and maybe they would not have had to mail out all those hundreds of millions of mail in ballots because of fear of exposure to coronavirus on election day.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    This is the way I look at it. This vote wasn't against the Republicans in general. It was against Donald Trump. There are countless thousands of Republicans, including in Congress, who quietly wish Trump would go away. We hear the flop-floppers, like that waste of oxygen Lindsey Graham. But there are many decent Republicans who just want the best for the nation... and who are frankly embarrassed by how Trump has carried himself for the last four years.

I'm no Democrat. I'd say in going down the list of issues I'm probably 50/50, or maybe even 60/40. Doesn't matter. What that affords me is the objectivity to be able to trash Trump without condemning a whole political party.
    That's one way to look at it, but the problem is a lot of those Republicans were endorsed by and they themselves endorsed not only Trump but the MAGA/KAG mentality so I've got questions about that line of thought. Also his in party approval numbers were QUITE high. Republicans eager to be elected don't run away from THAT nor do they secretly vote against it. Republicans against Trump are welcomed with open arms by the media & Democrats, so what incentive would there be to fake it?

I want what's best for the nation I voted Trump, why? Well to believe that Biden is best means that we have to believe the following

1973 Joe Biden becomes a Senator
    1988 Biden first runs for President (& has 2 brain aneurysms)
    2008 Biden runs for President & becomes VP
    2012 Biden re-elected as VP
    2016 Biden out of political office
    2020 Now Biden's ready to fix all of America's problems!

If that works for you then oh well....All I'm saying is get comfy this election is going to be a while.

Thread Information