Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,497
Dislikes Dislikes:  111
Page 490 of 491 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491 LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 7359

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
  1. #7336
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,462
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    524
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    From an outsiders (British /European) point of view it is pretty astonishing that none of those encouraging the storming of the Capitol building and all the subsequently uncovered, planning, pre knowledge and voting fraud etc seem to have got off scot free.

    We are no better. We have a PM who has not only repeatedly lied to the Queen, Parliament and broke the very laws he had instated, him and his corrupt band of cabinet cronies have blatantly stole billions from the UK taxpayer and nobody seems to give a shit.

    Utter madness.
    zero out of the 5 people who died had interviews of their loved ones the way rightwing interviewed repeatedly the families of Benghazi. (for years)

    All 150 plus State Officers that got their asses pounded on live television FPV aka free per view- were called actors by rightwing. Let me be specific: FOX, OAN, NEWSMAX television. Before Limbaugh kicked the bucket to radio cohorts like Mark Levin, Laura Ingrham and all the right wing Rush wannabes across the radio AM airwaves....all of them in alignment.
    All complicit in refusing to interview a single one of those 150 officers, NONE are heros.
    Yes sir utter madness.


    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    From an outsiders (British /European) point of view it is pretty astonishing that none of those encouraging the storming of the Capitol building and all the subsequently uncovered, planning, pre knowledge and voting fraud etc seem to have got off scot free.

    We are no better. We have a PM who has not only repeatedly lied to the Queen, Parliament and broke the very laws he had instated, him and his corrupt band of cabinet cronies have blatantly stole billions from the UK taxpayer and nobody seems to give a shit.

    Utter madness.


    Personally, I never thought I'd see the day when storming the U.S. Capitol would become a distant memory (ho-hum), as people moved on to the next topic of interest.

    Slaps on the wrist for a ridiculously few... and absolutely no consequences for the vast majority.

    Meanwhile, characteristic of today's justice system and investigative processes... Trump's role in all this is being examined at a torrid glacial movement pace.

    He'll probably be found guilty of something post-mortem.
    Yup, guys like Stewart Rhodes spent $33 thousand dollars worth of guns & ammo up to Jan 6th...and afterwards..
    https://www.newsweek.com/oath-keeper...-jan-6-1669185


    When FOX's Britt Hume stated: Here's a thought. Let's base our view on whether 1/6 was an "insurrection" on whether those arrested are charged with insurrection. So far, none has been
    Reminded me of how the rightwingers here- before they fled-claimed if it was a coup how come no guns were found?

    I thought then as now, stupid ass question. How can one confiscate guns January 6th, if none were called into arrest people- that guns might be seized?
    Same here...Hume said no charges means no sedition.
    Hundreds of oathkeepers, Proud Boys have been found, indicted, arrested- yet they hollar out: What about Black Lives Matter & Antifa...still to this day.

    11 people associated with the extremist group the Oath Keepers were charged with seditious conspiracy — a charge akin to insurrection.
    Now that charges have been made...well it is a Democratic conspiracy to eliminate America.


    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oat...spiracy-charge
    And as always FOX- headlines dont talk about the sedition- they talk about how they pled not guilty.
    Makes it seem like they might be innocent.


    This is a vivid example of how deceiftul and evil FOX is...
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oat...spiracy-charge
    Even though the headlines state Oathkeeper....the video is about the whitehouse pres secretary Mcanany or whatever her name is.
    Talk about false advertisement. Fake news.
    They cant bring themselves to utter truth unless it benefits a political party. Republicans.

    I think Trump will go down, but the nation will also in the process, what he did is not reversable. He bankrupted the nation with 8 trillion in one term- shutdown our economy, and now we read text after text messages of Hannity, Don's son, daughter, begging Daddy to stop it. Oops correction his daughter as we learned his son doesnt have his daddy's number. so he had to ask someone to ask another who could ask Donster the American Monster to stop the rally turned riot.
    Then they all lied the next day claiming nothing occurred for us to get excited about.
    And refuse to interview a single Oath Keeper or Proud boy that have all stated from getgo- this was going to be a day of violence. Or as Don said 2 days before the event- BE THERE. WILL BE WILD.

    They dont want to secede, they want war, bloodshed.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  2. #7337
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61,160
    Mentioned
    1615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2886
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    An intruder who was seen wearing a "Camp Auschwitz" sweatshirt during the US Capitol riot last year has pleaded guilty to entering the building.

    Robert Packer's shirt referred to the Nazi death camp where more than 1.1m people, mostly Jews, were murdered during World War Two.

    On Wednesday he admitted to parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol - a misdemeanour charge.

    Packer, 57, now faces up to six months in jail when he is sentenced in April.

    However, other defendants who have pleaded to the same charge were spared prison time.

    The sweatshirt worn by Packer included a graphic of a skull and crossbones, and bore an English translation of the Nazi slogan that appeared on the gates of the concentration camp.

    Prosecutors say Packer travelled from Virginia to attend a pro-Trump rally on 6 January 2021 that ended in rioters invading Congress as lawmakers were certifying Joe Biden's election victory.

    Packer entered the building as the mob fought with law enforcement, and was near the area where protester Ashli Babbitt was shot by police. He left the building after 20 minutes.

    A search of Packer's home turned up other anti-Semitic and racist materials, including more Nazi imagery.

    More than 200 people have pleaded guilty to participating in the riot.

    Most have been given relatively lenient sentences so far, for minor offences such as trespassing.

    However, felony prosecutions - including seditious conspiracy charges against 11 alleged militia members - have also been filed. Most of the 225 defendants accused of violence at the Capitol have yet to see trial.

    More than 725 suspects have been arrested so far.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60149957
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #7338
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61,160
    Mentioned
    1615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2886
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Trump's Truth Social app branded a disaster

    In October, Donald Trump announced he was planning to launch a revolutionary technology company.

    "I created Truth Social… to stand up to the tyranny of big tech," he said.

    "We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter yet your favourite American president has been silenced."

    The app launched on Presidents' Day, 21 February, but six weeks later is beset by problems. A waiting list of nearly 1.5 million are unable to use it.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60922717
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #7339
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,158
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1827
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Trump's Truth Social app branded a disaster

    In October, Donald Trump announced he was planning to launch a revolutionary technology company.

    "I created Truth Social… to stand up to the tyranny of big tech," he said.

    "We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter yet your favourite American president has been silenced."

    The app launched on Presidents' Day, 21 February, but six weeks later is beset by problems. A waiting list of nearly 1.5 million are unable to use it.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60922717


    Wrong, twat.

    JFK was unfortunately silenced in 1963.

  5. #7340
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,158
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1827
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    On another note, I must comment on the laughable cumbersome nature of the justice system.

    Well over a YEAR since the Jan 6, 2021 Capitol riot.... and we're still hearing about people getting tried and sentenced.

    What with cell phone videos, security cameras, and rioters filmed from every conceivable angle without a shadow of a doubt (even selfies by some of these dumbasses).... and we're still grinding out those rusty ol' wheels of justice.

    These assholes should've been ID'ed and thrown in jail MONTHS AGO.

  6. #7341
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,883
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    736
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.

  7. #7342
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,158
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1827
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.

    That would be down the hall to your left... as there is actually a Biden thread.

  8. #7343
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,238
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1816
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.
    In defence of Sleepy Joe it's been kinda different circumstances. Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history and very thankfully, thank you god, had three years of plain sailing. Look how well he handled the pandemic in his last year and then that insurrection thing to give you an idea of how it'd be going now with him in charge. I don't think Biden could have done much better than he has done. You can criticise the public/media/presentation performance but actual policy stuff seems to me to have been to take the least worst option when dealing with a whole bunch of shit sandwiches.

  9. #7344
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61,160
    Mentioned
    1615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2886
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.
    In defence of Sleepy Joe it's been kinda different circumstances. Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history and very thankfully, thank you god, had three years of plain sailing. Look how well he handled the pandemic in his last year and then that insurrection thing to give you an idea of how it'd be going now with him in charge. I don't think Biden could have done much better than he has done. You can criticise the public/media/presentation performance but actual policy stuff seems to me to have been to take the least worst option when dealing with a whole bunch of shit sandwiches.
    To be fair that is what Corporate America put Biden there for and the mainstream are happy with.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #7345
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,158
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1827
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.
    In defence of Sleepy Joe it's been kinda different circumstances. Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history and very thankfully, thank you god, had three years of plain sailing. Look how well he handled the pandemic in his last year and then that insurrection thing to give you an idea of how it'd be going now with him in charge. I don't think Biden could have done much better than he has done. You can criticise the public/media/presentation performance but actual policy stuff seems to me to have been to take the least worst option when dealing with a whole bunch of shit sandwiches.

    People ignore the reality of momentum and inertia, but it exists. You're 100% correct about Trump and what he inherited. But sleazy snake-oil salesman that he is, he made it all about him. Granted... all incoming Presidents do that when it suits them. But Trump took it to a whole new level and his adoring masses took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    With Joe, we differ a bit in our opinions. I rate him a bit lower than you do, and think the Dems had four years to come up with someone better. Yes, he inherited "a whole bunch of shit sandwiches", but he's also done a somewhat subpar job on several fronts. I also don't like him bending over backwards for the extremist left faction that would like Joe to be their puppet. In some cases he has and again... that's politics and all that... but at some point Joe has to grab a pair and say to the "extreme left"... enough!

    Still... a bad Biden day is a hell of a lot better than a good Trump one.

  11. #7346
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,238
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1816
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.
    In defence of Sleepy Joe it's been kinda different circumstances. Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history and very thankfully, thank you god, had three years of plain sailing. Look how well he handled the pandemic in his last year and then that insurrection thing to give you an idea of how it'd be going now with him in charge. I don't think Biden could have done much better than he has done. You can criticise the public/media/presentation performance but actual policy stuff seems to me to have been to take the least worst option when dealing with a whole bunch of shit sandwiches.

    People ignore the reality of momentum and inertia, but it exists. You're 100% correct about Trump and what he inherited. But sleazy snake-oil salesman that he is, he made it all about him. Granted... all incoming Presidents do that when it suits them. But Trump took it to a whole new level and his adoring masses took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    With Joe, we differ a bit in our opinions. I rate him a bit lower than you do, and think the Dems had four years to come up with someone better. Yes, he inherited "a whole bunch of shit sandwiches", but he's also done a somewhat subpar job on several fronts. I also don't like him bending over backwards for the extremist left faction that would like Joe to be their puppet. In some cases he has and again... that's politics and all that... but at some point Joe has to grab a pair and say to the "extreme left"... enough!

    Still... a bad Biden day is a hell of a lot better than a good Trump one.

    Trump has politics off to a fine art. Knows exactly how to sell himself, knows his market. No doubt about it.

    It doesn't matter how many years you have to come up with candidates, you can't create the ideal candidate. People are who they are. The twoparties don't even have any control over who runs in the presidential primaries otherwise the GOP would never have let Trump run in 2016. What happens is a bunch of fuckers who fancy being prez and can raise enough money launch campaigns. They go on TV and debate and voters pick the one they like the best. The Democratic party had such a garbage 2020 lineup that an ancient ex vice president with a crackhead son who has a closet full of skeletons was the least worst candidate out of a garbage field and won.

    Biden has bent over to the extreme left faction in the Democratic party which is why America now has a wealth tax, huge tax increases for top earners, universal healthcare, a ban on fracking and oil drilling, huge new investments in green energy and hey hang on a minute. None of that stuff has happened. In fact rather than Biden or even the Senate or House bending over they've done none of that stuff.

    The extreme leftists (zero out of fifty in the Senate and four out of two hundred plus in the House) have actually bent over for the moderates. They've agreed to back anything that Manchin and Sinema, the two most moderate Democrats in the Senate can eventually agree to. They just reiterated that a week or two ago.

    Biden has managed to pass one big piece of legislation and other than that has just fiddled about in the margins, exactly the same as the previous prez. He's just had to deal with the aftermath of various things that were started under the previous guy and I have to say has done about as well as you could possibly expect. Things just look really bad, mainly due to inflation and gasoline prices, two things which have a massive effect on public opinion and neither of which Biden has any way doing much about them. But those are the breaks and failure to tackle two things he can't do anything significant about are going to cost him reelection most likely.

    Voters see everything going up in price and gasoline prices costing them a fortune and Biden is president so he gets the blame. That's just how it works and there's nothing Biden can do about it.

  12. #7347
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,691
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    784
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    From Canada it looks like old joe is doing a pretty good job. The infrastructure bill passed, which will be good for Americans in the future..he really is up against it when it comes to getting things passed in the Senate and especially global warming .
    Steve munchkin is in pretty deep and paid well by the coal companies, so unfortunately for the rest of the world, we might be cooked... The New York times daily podcast had a mildly interesting episode about munchkin last week or the week before, anyone can listen to that, he has a pretty long and rich history with coal, well it keeps him rich so why not.

    I think old joe is managing a split party pretty well in difficult circumstances. I think he's done great on the Russian invasion. I'm pretty sure Europe wouldn't have stood quite as united as they have done(great credit must be given to the eu too) without a pretty convincing guarantee from the Americans. Putin's plan seemed to really on his pipeline and high gas and oil prices.. it's still early days so that could all fall apart

    He dies butcher some answers to questions and parts of his speeches, he really doesn't inspire confidence there... For example He claimed people could save $500 a month by renewable energy sources providing the power, which was obviously wrong(it's $500 per year), an obvious mistake but it doesn't help convince people when he gets the facts so wrong. He does come across as actually knowing what he's talking about when he's not bungling his answers..

    Inflation is certainly troublesome but it's also worldwide at a pretty similar rate to north America and much of the cause of this happened before the boomer was in power so it'd be pretty harsh to give him the full blame for that..

    I did listen to Jason Furman on the Ezra Klein show(NYT again..they seem fairly reasonable to be fair)... And he claimed the Recovery plan was over done, pretty sure he said it could have been half the size and got 90% of the Recovery and inflation would have been lower, he seems like a reasonable fellow too and he was predicting the large inflation before many of the reliable chaps(i think)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/p...on-furman.html
    So it's possible joe should take a bit of criticism for some of the inflation. It's obviously easier to judge things after its happened, the party seemed spooked by the slow recovery after 2008...




    Anyway enough meandering nonsense, Mitch McConnell had a pretty funny interview..
    https://news.yahoo.com/mitch-mcconne...012404999.html

    He claimed trump was practically and morally responsible for the riot but he's still cool with supporting him as leader..... That's just pretty dodgy when you Believe someone staged an insurection but he'll support him to be president anyway..

  13. #7348
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    24,158
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1827
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.
    In defence of Sleepy Joe it's been kinda different circumstances. Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history and very thankfully, thank you god, had three years of plain sailing. Look how well he handled the pandemic in his last year and then that insurrection thing to give you an idea of how it'd be going now with him in charge. I don't think Biden could have done much better than he has done. You can criticise the public/media/presentation performance but actual policy stuff seems to me to have been to take the least worst option when dealing with a whole bunch of shit sandwiches.

    People ignore the reality of momentum and inertia, but it exists. You're 100% correct about Trump and what he inherited. But sleazy snake-oil salesman that he is, he made it all about him. Granted... all incoming Presidents do that when it suits them. But Trump took it to a whole new level and his adoring masses took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    With Joe, we differ a bit in our opinions. I rate him a bit lower than you do, and think the Dems had four years to come up with someone better. Yes, he inherited "a whole bunch of shit sandwiches", but he's also done a somewhat subpar job on several fronts. I also don't like him bending over backwards for the extremist left faction that would like Joe to be their puppet. In some cases he has and again... that's politics and all that... but at some point Joe has to grab a pair and say to the "extreme left"... enough!

    Still... a bad Biden day is a hell of a lot better than a good Trump one.

    Trump has politics off to a fine art. Knows exactly how to sell himself, knows his market. No doubt about it.

    It doesn't matter how many years you have to come up with candidates, you can't create the ideal candidate. People are who they are. The twoparties don't even have any control over who runs in the presidential primaries otherwise the GOP would never have let Trump run in 2016. What happens is a bunch of fuckers who fancy being prez and can raise enough money launch campaigns. They go on TV and debate and voters pick the one they like the best. The Democratic party had such a garbage 2020 lineup that an ancient ex vice president with a crackhead son who has a closet full of skeletons was the least worst candidate out of a garbage field and won.

    Biden has bent over to the extreme left faction in the Democratic party which is why America now has a wealth tax, huge tax increases for top earners, universal healthcare, a ban on fracking and oil drilling, huge new investments in green energy and hey hang on a minute. None of that stuff has happened. In fact rather than Biden or even the Senate or House bending over they've done none of that stuff.

    The extreme leftists (zero out of fifty in the Senate and four out of two hundred plus in the House) have actually bent over for the moderates. They've agreed to back anything that Manchin and Sinema, the two most moderate Democrats in the Senate can eventually agree to. They just reiterated that a week or two ago.

    Biden has managed to pass one big piece of legislation and other than that has just fiddled about in the margins, exactly the same as the previous prez. He's just had to deal with the aftermath of various things that were started under the previous guy and I have to say has done about as well as you could possibly expect. Things just look really bad, mainly due to inflation and gasoline prices, two things which have a massive effect on public opinion and neither of which Biden has any way doing much about them. But those are the breaks and failure to tackle two things he can't do anything significant about are going to cost him reelection most likely.

    Voters see everything going up in price and gasoline prices costing them a fortune and Biden is president so he gets the blame. That's just how it works and there's nothing Biden can do about it.


    "Rachel Levine" is "bending over."

    It's going out of your way to "check a box" lest they beat you over the head for not being inclusive. Still... couldn't he have chosen a more harmless spot other than Asst. Sec. of Health?

    But hey, I agreed that Biden inherited a hot mess. I just can't automatically go from "Trump was the devil" to "Biden walks on water" at the drop of a hat, and just because we were all so sick of Trump.

    Yes... some voters blame Biden for gas prices going up... COVID still being around... Putin invading Ukraine... and probably their neighbor's cat crapping on their lawn.

    Me... I just think he did a shitty job pulling out of Afghanistan. But then we all have our opinions... don't we.

  14. #7349
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,238
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1816
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    From Canada it looks like old joe is doing a pretty good job. The infrastructure bill passed, which will be good for Americans in the future..he really is up against it when it comes to getting things passed in the Senate and especially global warming .
    Steve munchkin is in pretty deep and paid well by the coal companies, so unfortunately for the rest of the world, we might be cooked... The New York times daily podcast had a mildly interesting episode about munchkin last week or the week before, anyone can listen to that, he has a pretty long and rich history with coal, well it keeps him rich so why not.

    I think old joe is managing a split party pretty well in difficult circumstances. I think he's done great on the Russian invasion. I'm pretty sure Europe wouldn't have stood quite as united as they have done(great credit must be given to the eu too) without a pretty convincing guarantee from the Americans. Putin's plan seemed to really on his pipeline and high gas and oil prices.. it's still early days so that could all fall apart

    He dies butcher some answers to questions and parts of his speeches, he really doesn't inspire confidence there... For example He claimed people could save $500 a month by renewable energy sources providing the power, which was obviously wrong(it's $500 per year), an obvious mistake but it doesn't help convince people when he gets the facts so wrong. He does come across as actually knowing what he's talking about when he's not bungling his answers..

    Inflation is certainly troublesome but it's also worldwide at a pretty similar rate to north America and much of the cause of this happened before the boomer was in power so it'd be pretty harsh to give him the full blame for that..

    I did listen to Jason Furman on the Ezra Klein show(NYT again..they seem fairly reasonable to be fair)... And he claimed the Recovery plan was over done, pretty sure he said it could have been half the size and got 90% of the Recovery and inflation would have been lower, he seems like a reasonable fellow too and he was predicting the large inflation before many of the reliable chaps(i think)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/p...on-furman.html
    So it's possible joe should take a bit of criticism for some of the inflation. It's obviously easier to judge things after its happened, the party seemed spooked by the slow recovery after 2008...




    Anyway enough meandering nonsense, Mitch McConnell had a pretty funny interview..
    https://news.yahoo.com/mitch-mcconne...012404999.html

    He claimed trump was practically and morally responsible for the riot but he's still cool with supporting him as leader..... That's just pretty dodgy when you Believe someone staged an insurection but he'll support him to be president anyway..

    Biden has been making gaffes for about half a century now. When he first got to Washington fifty years ago he was just a bloke who put his foot in his mouth a lot but now he's nearly eighty it looks like he's going senile or at least it's easy to make it look that way. He's missing a step these days but he can do a town hall and answer questions on dozens of issues in detail whereas person woman man camera tv had a dozen stock answers he used to trot out to cover any policy question and zero knowledge of his actual policies or the issues involved. I know who I'd put my money on in a cognitive test between the two.

    There was about five trillion dollars of spending passed under Trump that was just straight up printing new money, printing money being the thing that causes inflation. The only part Trump played in congressional negotiations, because he'd proved incapable of taking part in them since 2017 due to his flamboyant ignorance and lack of deal making skills, was to insist that the law be changed so that his signature could go on the cheques mailed out to Americans. So five trillion dollars of current inflation ( in a twenty one trillion economy!) Literally has Trump's signature on it.

    After Biden took office another two trillion got spent but that was a bipartisan negotiation that took place mainly under Trump and Trump spent the whole thing twittering for bigger cheques than were actually sent out. So this would have been spent or even more had he been reelected.

    Since then Biden pased another two trillion bill purely down to him but it's two trillion over ten years, two hundred billion a year. That's the same size as the Trump tax cut (also inflationary) and about two thirds of the pre pandemic and permanent yearly increase in government spending under Trump (also inflationary). Back of the envelope says Biden spending amounts to a small fraction of one percent of the increased inflation. Trump has his signature on the rest.

  15. #7350
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,238
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1816
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't just become a daily account of how Biden is basically as bad as Trump, with specific examples and facts to back it up.Because he's basically accomplishing just as little good, and in some cases causing even more bad.
    In defence of Sleepy Joe it's been kinda different circumstances. Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history and very thankfully, thank you god, had three years of plain sailing. Look how well he handled the pandemic in his last year and then that insurrection thing to give you an idea of how it'd be going now with him in charge. I don't think Biden could have done much better than he has done. You can criticise the public/media/presentation performance but actual policy stuff seems to me to have been to take the least worst option when dealing with a whole bunch of shit sandwiches.

    People ignore the reality of momentum and inertia, but it exists. You're 100% correct about Trump and what he inherited. But sleazy snake-oil salesman that he is, he made it all about him. Granted... all incoming Presidents do that when it suits them. But Trump took it to a whole new level and his adoring masses took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    With Joe, we differ a bit in our opinions. I rate him a bit lower than you do, and think the Dems had four years to come up with someone better. Yes, he inherited "a whole bunch of shit sandwiches", but he's also done a somewhat subpar job on several fronts. I also don't like him bending over backwards for the extremist left faction that would like Joe to be their puppet. In some cases he has and again... that's politics and all that... but at some point Joe has to grab a pair and say to the "extreme left"... enough!

    Still... a bad Biden day is a hell of a lot better than a good Trump one.

    Trump has politics off to a fine art. Knows exactly how to sell himself, knows his market. No doubt about it.

    It doesn't matter how many years you have to come up with candidates, you can't create the ideal candidate. People are who they are. The twoparties don't even have any control over who runs in the presidential primaries otherwise the GOP would never have let Trump run in 2016. What happens is a bunch of fuckers who fancy being prez and can raise enough money launch campaigns. They go on TV and debate and voters pick the one they like the best. The Democratic party had such a garbage 2020 lineup that an ancient ex vice president with a crackhead son who has a closet full of skeletons was the least worst candidate out of a garbage field and won.

    Biden has bent over to the extreme left faction in the Democratic party which is why America now has a wealth tax, huge tax increases for top earners, universal healthcare, a ban on fracking and oil drilling, huge new investments in green energy and hey hang on a minute. None of that stuff has happened. In fact rather than Biden or even the Senate or House bending over they've done none of that stuff.

    The extreme leftists (zero out of fifty in the Senate and four out of two hundred plus in the House) have actually bent over for the moderates. They've agreed to back anything that Manchin and Sinema, the two most moderate Democrats in the Senate can eventually agree to. They just reiterated that a week or two ago.

    Biden has managed to pass one big piece of legislation and other than that has just fiddled about in the margins, exactly the same as the previous prez. He's just had to deal with the aftermath of various things that were started under the previous guy and I have to say has done about as well as you could possibly expect. Things just look really bad, mainly due to inflation and gasoline prices, two things which have a massive effect on public opinion and neither of which Biden has any way doing much about them. But those are the breaks and failure to tackle two things he can't do anything significant about are going to cost him reelection most likely.

    Voters see everything going up in price and gasoline prices costing them a fortune and Biden is president so he gets the blame. That's just how it works and there's nothing Biden can do about it.


    "Rachel Levine" is "bending over."

    It's going out of your way to "check a box" lest they beat you over the head for not being inclusive. Still... couldn't he have chosen a more harmless spot other than Asst. Sec. of Health?

    But hey, I agreed that Biden inherited a hot mess. I just can't automatically go from "Trump was the devil" to "Biden walks on water" at the drop of a hat, and just because we were all so sick of Trump.

    Yes... some voters blame Biden for gas prices going up... COVID still being around... Putin invading Ukraine... and probably their neighbor's cat crapping on their lawn.

    Me... I just think he did a shitty job pulling out of Afghanistan. But then we all have our opinions... don't we.

    I had to look him/her up. Appointing an eminently qualified four star admiral who was confirmed in the Senate with Republican votes is bending over to the extreme left? Seriously? What was it when Trump appointed a Director of National Intelligence, basically the second most powerful job in the country, to a congressman with zero intelligence experience -zero- because Trump liked the way he'd defended him on Fox News? If this is the sum total of bending over to the left then he's been very moderate, no?

    Afghanistan was going to be a disaster once the Afghan army collapsed and from subsequent reporting it now looks like everybody knew that was going to happen years ago. There's a reason why Trump scheduled it for after the election. Biden basically did the only thing he could.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
  2. Trump In
    By denilson200 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
  4. Donald Trump......
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2022 Saddo Boxing - Boxing