Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-now-cla...l?guccounter=1

"Trump Now Claims He Won Wisconsin Since State Court Has Restricted Ballot Drop Boxes"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-now-cla...l?guccounter=1

"Trump Now Claims He Won Wisconsin Since State Court Has Restricted Ballot Drop Boxes"

alexsavov2 or : oldsaviboy ? 🤣 Frozen

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/14/p...cer/index.html

https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status...78288465653761

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status...90376763445249

I bet it's the ketchup. Trump committed a new felony to try and prevent somebody corroborating the ketchup testimony. Spectacular.

If you took a group of Americans from 2014 and told them Donald Trump would run for president but not which party so it didn't press their partisan buttons and then laid out a brief history of what happened there's no way they'd believe it. It would be the craziest wackiest shit they'd ever heard. They'd just laugh at it. But the fucker could be president again in a couple of years and basically end democracy in America. Just incredible.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kirkland laing View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/14/p...cer/index.html

https://twitter.com/zcohencnn/status...78288465653761

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status...90376763445249

i bet it's the ketchup. Trump committed a new felony to try and prevent somebody corroborating the ketchup testimony. Spectacular.

If you took a group of americans from 2014 and told them donald trump would run for president but not which party so it didn't press their partisan buttons and then laid out a brief history of what happened there's no way they'd believe it. It would be the craziest wackiest shit they'd ever heard. They'd just laugh at it. But the fucker could be president again in a couple of years and basically end democracy in america. Just incredible.
    dsm-iv

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/st...20163194376194

I missed this. This time next year it could be legal for state legislatures to throw out any election results they don't like and send their own slate of electors to Washington. With all the MAGA people taking control of various battleground state legislatures this could easily mean 2024 is the series finale for American democracy.

The very fact they're hearing this is unnerving. This should never even make their docket unless they've selected this case specifically to stamp all over it and make it clear they'll make states abide by election results and no court expert apparently thinks they're going to do that. This is not good at all.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steve Bannon, the former top adviser and campaign chief for Donald Trump, has gone on trial for refusing to co-operate with the congressional committee investigating the attack on the US Capitol.

On Monday, jury selection began in the 68-year-old's trial at a court in Washington DC.

The man once billed as the brains behind Mr Trump's 2016 presidential victory was charged in November with two counts of contempt of Congress.

He had rebuffed subpoenas requesting his testimony as well as relevant documents about his involvement in efforts to challenge Mr Trump's 2020 presidential defeat and organise the protests that culminated in the violent attack on the Capitol on 6 January 2021.

The committee has been particularly interested in Mr Bannon's communications with Mr Trump in the days before the attack, and the "war room" meetings he held at a hotel near the White House with other key figures as part of the last-ditch attempt to block the certification of Joe Biden's victory.

Mr Bannon, in his popular podcast, warned on 5 January that "all hell" was going to break loose the following day.

The committee first subpoenaed Mr Bannon in September 2021. The following month, it voted to hold him in contempt of Congress for his refusal to co-operate, charges the full House of Representatives quickly affirmed in a vote.

At the time, Mr Bannon was defiant, saying: "We're taking down the Biden regime." As the trial date approached, he said on his podcast that his legal strategy would involve "going medieval" on his enemies.

But inside the courtroom, Mr Bannon's bombast has been shelved. The options for his defence have been limited by presiding Judge Carl Nichols, a Donald Trump appointee.

Mr Bannon had sought to claim his contacts with Mr Trump were covered by executive privilege, a legal principle that holds communications between presidents and their advisers are protected from disclosure in order to allow for candid advice.

He also claimed that the congressional committee's subpoenas were invalid because the only Republicans involved were appointed by Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

Judge Nichols, however, ruled that because Mr Bannon was a private citizen and not a government employee, he could not make executive privilege claims. He ruled that the committee's subpoenas were valid and also rejected Mr Bannon's attempts to call Democratic members of Congress to testify.

Mr Bannon's only remaining defence during the trial may be that the final deadline the committee had set for complying with the subpoenas was not clear.

"What's the point of going to trial if there are no defences?" one of Mr Bannon's lawyers asked Mr Nichols after his ruling. "Agreed," the judge responded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62214506
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/yu...te-of-florida/

This will terrify Trump. Florida is the only state in the country where DeSantis has the same level of name recognition as Trump and he's crushing him there. As DeSantis gets more well known to Republican voters (believe it or not most of them probably don't know who he is yet, maybe half do) it could end up like this everywhere. Also Fox are fully behind DeSantis:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...49265765277699

This new poll could push Trump to start his campaign before the midterms which is the last thing the GOP want as it'll make the midterms all about him and damage their chances. Trump couldn't give a fuck about the party, he knows the minute he stops running for prez he loses the power to intimidate prosecutors who are investigating him from bringing charges, he basically becomes irrelevant and yesterday's news and the donations dry up. He knows if he wins again the investigations can be closed down or at least halted for four years, let's face it closed down, and he still keeps his small dollar donors for many more years.

The minute he can't become prez he's just an old man facing endless criminal investigations. Look at this first sentence from a recent article:

Donald Trump was impeached twice, lost the 2020 election by 7,052,770 votes, is entangled in investigations by federal prosecutors (over the Capitol insurrection and over the mishandling of classified White House documents and over election interference) and the District of Columbia attorney general (over financial fraud at the Presidential Inaugural Committee) and the Manhattan district attorney (over financial fraud at the Trump Organization) and the New York State attorney general (over financial fraud at the Trump Organization) and the Westchester County district attorney (over financial fraud at the Trump Organization) and the Fulton County, Georgia, district attorney (over criminal election interference in Georgia) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (over rules violations in plans to take his social-media company public through a SPAC) and the House Select Committee on January 6 (whose hearings are the runaway TV-ratings hit of the summer), yet on Monday, July 11, he was in a fantastic mood.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...-decision.html

That doesn't even include the various civil cases over various stuff. Here's a rape case that just got a trial date:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/...50441129443339

Apparently there's a dress with DNA evidence on it and a bunch of Supreme Court rulings that say a prez or former prez has to supply a DNA sample.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some say DeSantis would give liberals more of a chance in the coming elections.

Judging by the intensity of Trump-ism in sections of the population, I'd be inclined to agree with that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judging by the intensity of Trump-ism in sections of the population, I'd be inclined to agree with that.
    What would really give them best route is fracturing the base vote and another candidate palooza. There were 101 Republican candidates for 2016 and a genuine unified malice towards the Walking Pants suit Hillary. That stoked fire is gone now and I do not see a DeSantis and Pence tucking their tales and kneeling to the retread empty repeat of Trump again. Time is not on Trumps side that's why he wants to announce so early desperate to maintain what he once had in center polarizing focus. But that ship has sailed I really do think so.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who says this?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

What would really give them best route is fracturing the base vote and another candidate palooza. There were 101 Republican candidates for 2016 and a genuine unified malice towards the Walking Pants suit Hillary. That stoked fire is gone now and I do not see a DeSantis and Pence tucking their tales and kneeling to the retread empty repeat of Trump again. Time is not on Trumps side that's why he wants to announce so early desperate to maintain what he once had in center polarizing focus. But that ship has sailed I really do think so.

The fucking thing ate my post. Motherfucker. Here we go again.

It's going to be a Trump-DeSantis cage match.

I don't think Mike Pence has any chance of winning the Hang Mike Pence Party nomination. I really feel that Hang Mike Pence voters will not find him a compelling candidate. Instead he's going to continue to support the guy who was happy to see him murdered while fractionally differentiating himself from Trump in order to stand against him on his path to an inevitable ninth place finish in Iowa.

DeSantis is the favoured candidate of the legacy/establishment GOP. Fox is behind him. The GOP is actually telling other candidates to stand aside. On a certain level it would be funny as hell if Trump wrecks him like a Ted Cruz or similar in the primaries. And there's a lot to go at. He'll be accused of being a fake MAGA and a phoney and so on and Trump actually has lots of evidence to work with. DeSantia supported a bunch of Medicare privatisation schemes when he was a congresscritter, probably the same with Social Security etc. I'm sure we'll find out anyway.

I'm willing to believe that Trump's support will collapse when GOP voters see DeSantis. But what happens then? Before it's really obvious Trump will leave the GOP, claim they're been taken over by the deep state and run as an independent. The only thing that will stop him being on the ballot in November 2024 is his health and the fucker is indestructible. McDonalds and KFC every day and no exercise really work for him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Who says this?

I do, for starters.

Actually, I've read an opinion piece or two. But it doesn't matter. I agree.

I think the Dems' best chance is if DeSantis is the GOP candidate.

Trump-ology is here to stay and diehard fanatics will flock to push him over the top.

Even if he were to lose, he'll just claim (again) that the election was stolen, and all hell will break loose.

Either way, it's a circus.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is de Santos actually going to run against Trump? I wouldn't think that likely, he knows Trump will go mental and blow the whole thing up, running next time out v Trump can surely only be bad for de santis, I'd expect him to sit this one out... Although if he does sit it out and Trump wins then the mad lad will surely do all he can to allow himself to stay president for however long so then de santis would have to wait for trumps death to make a presidential run.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Is de Santos actually going to run against Trump? I wouldn't think that likely, he knows Trump will go mental and blow the whole thing up, running next time out v Trump can surely only be bad for de santis, I'd expect him to sit this one out... Although if he does sit it out and Trump wins then the mad lad will surely do all he can to allow himself to stay president for however long so then de santis would have to wait for trumps death to make a presidential run.

He started running for prez the day Trump lost the last election. Has been jumping out in front of every culture war issue possible, building a national profile, travelling to the early primary states, holding fundraisers and taking cheques from mega donors who are donating on the understanding that he's running, has started advertising nationally, has Fox News and the GOP right behind him etc etc. The only way he doesn't run is if the polls show he has no chance and they're not saying that.

Thread Information