Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

A selection of other Trump stuff:

The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”“Which generals?” Kelly asked.
    “The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.
    “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.

But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this was the model he wanted for his military.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...d-his-generals

All of the various stuff over the last five years that was anonymously sourced that Trump denied at the time is now on the record in this article. Kelly, Milley, Esper, Mattis, Gates and pretty much everybody else involved is named and quoted directly. It's a huge article but worth at least skimming down to read Milley's resignation letter that he ended up not having to submit:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...d-his-generals

This is just chef's kiss:

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/sta...41679802548227

Q: So when did the DOJ start treating removal of classified documents like a felony anyway? A: When President Trump signed a 2018 law making it a felony.

https://twitter.com/yarbro/status/1557136280785403904

GOP senators covering themselves in glory. You wonder how democracy is going to survive with people like these ready to do whatever the cult leader tells them:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1557148757162184706

https://twitter.com/BarbMcQuade/stat...14975004925952

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1557379459874955266

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing.

Burger.

Ad infinitum.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Obama White House lawyers repeatedly invoked the Presidential Records Act to ‘delay the release of thousands of pages of records from President Bill Clinton’s White House,’ Politico reported. At the end of his presidency, Barack Obama trucked 30 million pages of his administration’s records to Chicago, promising to digitize them and eventually put them online — a move that outraged historians.”

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

President Trump on Wednesday also questioned why Democrat President Barack Obama didn’t receive the same treatment when he “invoked the Presidential Records Act to ‘delay the release of thousands of pages of records from President Bill Clinton’s White House.’”

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At any rate, Garland has called for the search warrant to be unsealed, which should reveal exactly what the FBI was after.

It won’t, however, explain whether the federal judge who signed off on the warrant was made aware of the Trump team’s previous cooperation, or reveal why the raid was executed without Trump being first allowed to comply

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    This one is pretty funny I think even Trump supporters can agree

Garland Moves to Release Details on Search of Trump’s Home https://nyti.ms/3dddoA2

So it's claimed it's highly classified stuff they were looking for, no official confirmation though, sounds pretty far fetched, Trump is a bit of a dummy but surely he's not taking highly classified stuff home with him, ignoring the subpoena to return them and still have them after he himself increased the penalty for the removal of such documents:S... Well we can wait and see I guess.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't stand Trump with all of my being.

But this article (about what I'm gonna borrow a term and call "ToiletGate") looks extremely fishy to me.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/08/tru...aggie-haberman

"Exclusive photos: Trump's telltale toilet"

Open the article and you'll see two photos of two different toilets in which Trump allegedly tried to flush sensitive documents.

Note the picture on the right. A few observations right off the bat...

1. Note the neatness in which the small pieces of paper appear to be placed. Not a wrinkle in them either.
    2. See how conveniently the names show clearly and fully on the top paper.
    3. Enough time under water, and you'd see the effects on the ink. These look freshly written and neatly placed.
    4. What is Maggie Haberman's fascination with Trump's toilets anyway??

I don't know who this Maggie Haberman is... but I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Listen... I want to bury Trump in legal problems as much as anybody. Anything to keep him from even thinking about running in 2024. But being overzealous and careless can be counterproductive.

Like I said about the limo incident. We don't need to be told about Trump trying to strangle a Secret Service officer to embellish the TRUE and IMPORTANT story and point......

THAT THE POTUS DID NOTHING AND SAT ON HIS THUMBS WHILE THERE WAS A RIOT GOING ON AT THE CAPITOL WHICH HE HIMSELF INCITED.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Nothing.

Burger.

Ad infinitum.
    In two days you've gone from THIS IS A BANANA REPUBLIC THUG RAID THAT BREAKS ALL OUR SACRED LAWS I NEVER THOUGHT SUCH A THING WOULD BE POSSIBLE to ah, this is nothing at all really. A big fuss over some papers he may have kept a little too long.

Obama took thirty million pages of documents off to his presidential library after they'd been reviewed by the appropriate National Archives authority. They haven't been digitised yet due to the pandemic. Similar thing with the Clinton papers. Maybe instead of just mainlining whatever garbage they're coming out with every day you could also read an actual newspaper for an alternative version of reality.

The judge who signed off on the warrant had a full account of the whole thing from the start. The warrant application would have been dozens of pages long. It would have detailed the cooperation and then the noncooperation bit too. It's the noncooperation bit that's the important one here. Saying look at all the times I didn't commit a crime doesn't excuse you from the times that you did commit a crime. And if you do commit a crime you have to expect law enforcement people to enforce the laws.

Look at all the people I didn't murder your honour.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    This one is pretty funny I think even Trump supporters can agree

Garland Moves to Release Details on Search of Trump’s Home https://nyti.ms/3dddoA2

So it's claimed it's highly classified stuff they were looking for, no official confirmation though, sounds pretty far fetched, Trump is a bit of a dummy but surely he's not taking highly classified stuff home with him, ignoring the subpoena to return them and still have them after he himself increased the penalty for the removal of such documents:S... Well we can wait and see I guess.
    FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into the wrong hands.

The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.

https://wapo.st/3JOsdFr

That link should get you past the paywall. Can somebody tell me if it does please?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can confirm that the link works for me

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's another FBI investigation of something crooked Trump did that doesn't involve top secret nuclear documents, Florida restaurant basement storerooms or even the other investigation that has Trump take the Fifth four hundred and forty times yesterday:

Federal investigators delivered subpoenas or paid visits to several House and Senate Republican offices in the Pennsylvania Capitol on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to multiple sources.

At least some of the individuals receiving subpoenas were told they were not targets of an investigation, according to at least six sources reached by PennLive, but that they may have information of interest to the FBI. All of the sources had been briefed on the investigative moves in some way, but demanded anonymity in order to discuss them.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2022/0...urces-say.html

This is also interesting:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...tm_source=feed

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Can confirm that the link works for me
    It might only work for one person though. Let's hope Jeff Bezos is being generous.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attorney General Merrick B. Garland moved on Thursday to make public the legal authorization for the F.B.I.’s search of former President Donald J. Trump’s home in Florida, which was carried out as part of the government’s effort to account for documents that one person briefed on the matter said related to some of the most highly classified programs run by the United States.
    Mr. Garland said he had personally approved the search after the failure of “less intrusive” attempts to retrieve material taken from the White House by Mr. Trump.
    Mr. Garland provided no details. But the person briefed on the matter said investigators had been concerned about material from what the government calls “special access programs,” a designation even more classified than “top secret” that is typically reserved for extremely sensitive operations carried out by the United States abroad or for closely held technologies and capabilities.

Government officials have expressed concern that allowing highly classified materials to remain at Mr. Trump’s home could leave them vulnerable to efforts by foreign adversaries to acquire them, according to another person familiar with the Justice Department’s thinking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/11/u...-subpoena.html

Fuck. The most sensitive American secrets being kept in an unlocked Florida restaurant basement storeroom for over a year.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump is total scum. This is just low even from him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the hell ever happened with THIS??

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...hearings-poll/

"Public opinion relatively unchanged after Jan. 6 hearings: poll"

Is this over and done with??

Have we "moved on" to the next thing?

Excuse me... but I don't make it a point to keep up with every single news item that comes out of these affairs. So someone please fill me in.

Has a decision of a sort been handed down from these hearings?

Is Trump going to be held accountable AT ALL for January 6th??

If you're a deer hunter and come up to a herd... you can start shooting wildly and get off more than a dozen shots.

But if you don't take the time to aim correctly at one of them, you'll go home emptyhanded.

If after all this, Trump walks, and gets stronger support for 2024, I'm gonna be extremely disappointed.

Thread Information