Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Worst thing they could do is scramble into some clusterfeck with 101 candidates. At the very minimum, Trumps announcement is geared to stifle Desantis push and make it up on the fly. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these nutters are sent out like distract droids. Hearing Desantis with "everybody just chill" though isn't exactly rallying his new movement and grabbing the reigns. Pence might as well put his slippers on and save a few million. Man has the voter appeal of wet meatloaf at the BBQ.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Worst thing they could do is scramble into some clusterfeck with 101 candidates. At the very minimum, Trumps announcement is geared to stifle Desantis push and make it up on the fly. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these nutters are sent out like distract droids. Hearing Desantis with "everybody just chill" though isn't exactly rallying his new movement and grabbing the reigns. Pence might as well put his slippers on and save a few million. Man has the voter appeal of wet meatloaf at the BBQ.
    Whoever ends up running is going to have to realise Trump isn't going to just go away quietly if they beat him. He's going to fuck them up. He's going to dump the GOP and form a third party if it even looks like he could start losing state primaries. Regardless of the politics there are two overriding reasons why. Firstly it gives him a ton of help in fighting off any indictments or ongoing investigations or even trial dates until at least November 2024. Secondly the money. In 2020 he siphoned off about $750 million in donations into two superpacs nominally run by Kushner. They may have spent all that money on ads or whatever to try and get Trump elected, they may have spent a few million and kept the rest. Seeing as Trump is a ratings machine who generates billions of dollars worth of free media coverage and there are no disclosure laws for superpacs and no way to know what happened to the loot and the people involved are a bunch of known documented crooks I'm guessing they kept a few dollars. So it's Donald's last chance at a really big score from his supporters. He isn't going to give that up. The money is at least as important as the politics to him. He's not doing this without his payday.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be surprised if trump thinks announcing his run for presidency makes him immune from charges....

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if trump thinks announcing his run for presidency makes him immune from charges....
    Hopefully the reverse happens, and they go at him even stronger to get the convictions.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garland to Name Special Counsel for Trump Investigations https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/u...MDVS9V-_1-1MGI

Some movement, looks like it takes away the political accusations of the case, you'll need to find some lawyery type to explain it fully(that's obviously not me)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's an opinion that a special counsel is NOT needed on these investigations, and would needlessly complicate them and slow them down, without the desired benefit of a perceived distancing from conflicts of interest.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...tment-00068062

Whenever "Teflon Don" wrongdoings are involved, I can't help having some nervousness that someone's going to drop the ball and open a crack for the rat and his minions to crawl through and exploit.

Someone in boxing or elsewhere has said something about when you have your foot on the opponent's neck... not to ease up.

I would apply this a HUNDRED-FOLD with the Narcissistic Orangutan.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Presumably this probe will take just under two years, leaking regular updates of “now we’ve got him” soundbites, until the findings are released just before the election showing that there’s no there, there.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Presumably this probe will take just under two years, leaking regular updates of “now we’ve got him” soundbites, until the findings are released just before the election showing that there’s no there, there.

What's there to probe?

There was a riot, incited by Trump, at the Capitol on January 6, 2021. The crowd broke through security and into the Capitol. Several people died. Trump didn't do jack shit while this was going on. Why does this need an investigation?

Once Trump was bounced from the White House, he took classified documents to Mar-a-Lago, where they were summarily found. What else is there to discuss? Again... why the investigation?

Indict his ass and throw him in jail.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah there's not much to the document case, I'm thinking he's facing trial for that one, they could have just ended the case if they didn't want to prosecut, I'm guessing the special master is in reply to Trump announcing his run(the timing is pretty convenient). Off course I'm just going by what I read but it looks like Trump doesn't have a leg to stand on with these documents and precedent has been set for guys taking documents likes these.. if trumpet was to be treated like a normal person and not a political entity he'd have been charged already and on his way to jail.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Yeah there's not much to the document case, I'm thinking he's facing trial for that one, they could have just ended the case if they didn't want to prosecut, I'm guessing the special master is in reply to Trump announcing his run(the timing is pretty convenient). Off course I'm just going by what I read but it looks like Trump doesn't have a leg to stand on with these documents and precedent has been set for guys taking documents likes these.. if trumpet was to be treated like a normal person and not a political entity he'd have been charged already and on his way to jail.

Precisely. IF... Trump was to be treated like a normal person, which he technically became, once he left the office almost two years ago.

But to me both cases should be a slam dunk. My point of view is the previously unprecedented and even unthinkable aspect of what happened on January 6th. People tend to be initially shocked at the unthinkable... only to gradually have it become part of their normal. We lose our ability to be shocked. Yet many of us are still shaking our heads in disbelief over this event.

In 1954, four Puerto Rican nationalists carried out an attack at the Capitol, wounding five Congress people. They were arrested and served over 20 years in jail.

On January 6, 2021, a mob of people forcefully invaded the Capitol, damaging property, endangering the lives of others. Five people died in the attack. Prosecutions are still ongoing. All of this occurred under the full knowledge of the President of the United States, who... undoubtedly could have stopped the mob merely by speaking up forcefully and exhorting them to stop. But Trump was too wrapped up in his own wound-licking... with his little ego all hurt and all... refusing to acknowledge he had been thoroughly rejected in the election by the vast majority of the American public... busy concocting his election fraud lies that his minions were only too happy to swallow hook, line, and sinker.

So yes. It's a slam dunk for me that a President who didn't do JACK SHIT to stop a Capitol invasion that made the United States into THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY... should be held totally accountable, CRIMINALLY, for his complete and utter inaction.

As I said at that time... it reeks of total hypocrisy and irony that Trump would have earlier in his dictatorship... er... presidency accused other nations such as Haiti of being 3rd world countries.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just reading that post above and had to check who wrote it. I could swear it sounds like Liz Cheney.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only GOP Congress person with the balls to stand up to Donny? I'm flattered.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 11-20-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the don's twitter account has apparently been reactivated
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    the don's twitter account has apparently been reactivated
    Freedom of speech 24/7, 8 days a week. People try conflating cause and effect with "correlation and effect", cuz IQ HAS DROPPED drastically. Feelings don't count. You have to prove cause and effect. Not just you WANT it to be there out of hate. 😎

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*******vox populi, vox dei*******

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪🤣

Thread Information