Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 00-55-22 Kevin Roberts on Twitter.jpg

The heritage Foundation has existed for decades and is funded by billionaires for the express purpose of lowering taxes and regulation on those billionaires. Now they're apparently on the side of families and the average person. They are not though. They're on the side of upward redistribution of wealth. And they're here cheering on a guy who has ended democracy in his own country and created a soft autocracy, an effective one party state. So even if Trump isn't successful at either gaining the nomination or the presidency the billionaires who fund these kind of organisations and who purchase the kind of legislation they want in Washington are obviously just fine with some non-Trump person ending democracy if it's a choice between that and their taxes going up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pre-election, Republican lawmakers baffled political observers with their candor: they openly spoke about their plans, should they flip the House, to demand cuts to Medicare and Social Security in exchange for not sending the United States careening into default on its debts.
    Perhaps it should come as no surprise then that they’re now doubling down on the plan after the election has largely passed and the chips fell as they did.
    Sen. John Thune (R-SD), a top member of Republican leadership, told Bloomberg in a recent interview that Republicans want to take the debt ceiling hostage in exchange for cuts to Social Security and other similar programs.
    “There’s a set of solutions there that we really need to take on if we’re going to get serious about making these programs sustainable and getting this debt bomb at a manageable level before it’s too late,” he said.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...security-thune

I have a solution! I have a solution that will take care of any possible future funding shortfall and make sure Social Security and medicare are not only fully funded in perpetuity but can offer even bigger paycheques/better healthcare service with no increase in the eligibility age!

Seeing as the "sustainability" worries and the "debt bomb" are due to huge unfunded tax cuts for top earners over the last four decades my solution is to increase taxes on top earners. Just by a small fraction of how much they've managed to decrease their taxes by in the last forty years. And with no taxes on the extra wealth they've accumulated over the last forty years due to the tax cuts. Here's my simple solution:

SS and Medicare are funded by a twelve percent payroll tax on income. But only on the first 140k of income. Every dollar earned after that is payroll tax free. So if you earn 140k you pay 12% in SS/Medicare tax. If you earn $1.4 million you pay 1.2%. If you earn $14 million you pay 0.12%. Leave a nice big donut hole for those hard working folks earning up to say 500k. So people earning 500k pay payroll tax on the first 140 and then nothing on the rest of the 500k. But every dollar earned after 500k pays let's say ten percent. Five percent would fund comfortably the shortfall even the GOP scare numbers say might possibly happen. Ten percent would fund big increases in benefits. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump taxes: US lawmakers get access to former president's returns

Donald Trump's tax returns have been handed over to a committee of the US House of Representatives after the former president lost a long legal battle to keep them sealed.

The Treasury Department said it had complied with a Supreme Court order that the records should be given to a panel in the Democrat-controlled House.

It is not clear if the returns will be made public, or what they will reveal.

Mr Trump is yet to comment, but has previously denied any wrongdoing.

He declined to release the documents during his 2016 presidential run or subsequently - breaking a decades-old presidential custom.

Mr Trump recently announced a bid to run for the White House again in 2024, and has described the efforts to obtain his tax documents as politically motivated.

Various details about his finances have already emerged as he faces a range of investigations, including into his business dealings.

It is therefore unknown whether the tax return information will yield any major new revelations.

Following Wednesday's announcement from the Treasury Department, a congressional committee now has access to his returns for the years 2015-2020.

It was not disclosed whether the committee had immediately accessed the documents.

The panel in question - the Ways and Means Committee - is investigating whether presidents are being properly audited, and whether new laws are needed.

However, it may not have long to do its work.

The House will only be controlled by the Democratic Party for a few more weeks, before Mr Trump's Republicans take over in January - after winning a slim majority in last month's midterm elections.

The committee made its first request for Mr Trump's tax documents in 2019, after the Democrats took over the House.

Mr Trump took legal steps to block any such release, though ultimately failed when the Supreme Court last week cleared the way for his papers to be accessed by the panel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63818778
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately... I'm gonna have to borrow a term used by our resident "Trumpeteer/ World's Worst Prediction Record Holder/ Guinness World Flip-Flopping Record Holder".

This whole tax return thing will likely end up being just another "nothing burger."

A lot of effort... a lot of money being spent...

... only to have it end up with the Narcissistic Orangutan thumbing his nose at everybody.

I've seen this damn movie before.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Unfortunately... I'm gonna have to borrow a term used by our resident "Trumpeteer/ World's Worst Prediction Record Holder/ Guinness World Flip-Flopping Record Holder".

This whole tax return thing will likely end up being just another "nothing burger."

... only to have it end up with the Narcissistic Orangutan thumbing his nose at everybody.

Glad youve seen the light.

Oh, 2 things:

1. Jo Jorgensen rules, and

2. Tron '24

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Don't worry Kanye was the dinner too, he'll keep those guys in check.....

Speaking on kanye has he been up to anything recently?......

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Oh, 2 things:

2. Tron '24

It's not an endorsement of Teflon Don, mind you.

Rather it's a damning statement on the incredibly inept and colossally frustrating fumbling around when Donny is in the crosshairs.

Any halfway decent justice system would've locked this fool up a long time ago.

The fact he's still running around free and even running for President again is what REALLY makes the U.S. the 3rd world country that ol' Donny was so fond of accusing other countries of being.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

Mental.

Loves Hitler and thinks Nazis get a bad rap.

Sounds familiar.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Oh, 2 things:

2. Tron '24

It's not an endorsement of Teflon Don, mind you.

Rather it's a damning statement on the incredibly inept and colossally frustrating fumbling around when Donny is in the crosshairs.

Any halfway decent justice system would've locked this fool up a long time ago.

The fact he's still running around free and even running for President again is what REALLY makes the U.S. the 3rd world country that ol' Donny was so fond of accusing other countries of being.
    Totally agree it is a third world country but it was like that a long time before Donnie. 😎

But I think Jo Jorg can turn it around 🤣

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...099f827205911e

"Trump expresses solidarity with Jan. 6 rioters who stormed the Capitol"

Former president Donald Trump expressed solidarity with the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sending a video of support to a fundraising event Thursday night hosted by a group called the Patriot Freedom Project that is supporting families of those being prosecuted by the government.

“People have been treated unconstitutionally, in my opinion, and very, very unfairly, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it,” he said in the video, which appeared to have been shot at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla. “It’s the weaponization of the Department of Justice, and we can’t let this happen in our country.”

Trump, who last month announced a 2024 White House bid, pledged that in coming months, he would take a close look at what he characterized as “a very unfair situation.”

The Patriot Freedom Project advertises itself as “a non-profit organization providing legal, financial, mental-health, and spiritual support for individuals and their families — including young children — who are suffering at the hands of a weaponized justice system.”

Trump repeatedly has made clear that he stands with the mob that stormed the Capitol to stop Congress from counting the electoral votes for Joe Biden’s win in the 2020 presidential election.

In September, Trump said he would issue full pardons and a government apology to the rioters, some of whom violently attacked law enforcement to stop the democratic transfer of power.

“I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told conservative radio host Wendy Bell. Such a move would be contingent on whether Trump wins the 2024 presidential election.

The insurrection, the worst attack on the seat of U.S. democracy in more than two centuries, left four people dead, and police officer Brian D. Sicknick, who had been sprayed with a powerful chemical irritant, had two strokes and died the next day. About 140 members of law enforcement were injured as rioters attacked them with flagpoles, baseball bats, stun guns, bear spray and pepper spray.

As a result, the House impeached Trump on a charge of inciting an insurrection. The Senate acquitted him after a trial.

Trump’s comments came the same week that Stewart Rhodes, leader of the far-right Oath Keepers militia, and one of his subordinates were convicted of seditious conspiracy. A jury found them guilty of seeking to keep Trump in power through a months-long plot to unleash political violence and prevent the inauguration of Biden, culminating in the Jan. 6 attack.

The panel of 12 deliberated for three days before finding Rhodes and lead Florida Oath Keeper Kelly Meggs guilty of conspiring to oppose by force the lawful transition of presidential power. But three other associates were not convicted of the historically rare and politically freighted sedition count. All five were convicted of obstructing Congress as it met to count the electoral college vote. Both offenses are punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

To date, more than 800 defendants have been arrested and federally charged from nearly all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ok... so I took it upon myself to provide an "everyman's translation" of what Trump is trying to say here.

"Yeah. I started the whole Election Steal scam and my minions swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. Remember that I can literally shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and absolutely NOTHING will happen to me. My minions are loyal to the end. And yeah... I enticed the whole Capitol thing. Hey... if they're gonna steal my election... I'm gonna sic my dogs on the establishment.

Shit... not only did I entice them to attack the Capitol... but I winked and looked the other way while it was happening. Damn... I'm proud of my minions, even the ones in Congress. Somehow they've spun it around and called it a peaceful protest at the Capitol. Good job!

So now I'm out there... showing support for those that were charged... because even though I didn't defend them while they were being arrested... I'm coming out in support NOW... basically because I can use every single vote I can get.

In short... I'm either elected President again... or I'll burn the whole fucking country to the ground."

Did I leave anything out?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That turd is circling the bowl. Apparently they've had to add a little monitor to oversee who exactly visits now because deciding to meet or not meet with fruit loops wearing full Gimp masks and Nazi sympathizers is tough complicated stuff . Trump has regressed to the point of desperation just to be included. His controversy makes and nurtures him...West done up and stole his game .

Trump is currently already at where he is going in this second ghost ship launch. Done.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 12-03-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

Mental.

Loves Hitler and thinks Nazis get a bad rap.

Sounds familiar.
    Every registered GOP voter should be made to watch America and the Holocaust as a condition for voting next time. It's worth a watch by the way, it's on the internet on the PBS (?) website if you can convince it you're in America or it's on the pirate sites. Trump primary voters should be made to watch Shoah which is now on youtube with subtitles.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That turd is circling the bowl. Apparently they've had to add a little monitor to oversee who exactly visits now because deciding to meet or not meet with fruit loops wearing full Gimp masks and Nazi sympathizers is tough complicated stuff . Trump has regressed to the point of desperation just to be included. His controversy makes and nurtures him...West done up and stole his game .

Trump is currently already at where he is going in this second ghost ship launch. Done.

Right now the vast majority of American voters are getting on with their lives and paying almost no attention to politics at all. When the primaries start this stuff will all be water under the bridge along with probably endless future controversies and interest in politics will greatly increase and the primary campaign and the debates will be a relative clean slate. Lots of people will say they'll never vote for him but they said that last time and after he won they all got in line. If he wins this time it'll be no different.

Thread Information