Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Chris Cuomo, Tucker Carlson, Don Lemon...

The media is still horribly biased, but good on them for cleaning house a little.

Rachel Maddow should probably follow shortly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fox News has settled a defamation lawsuit from the voting machine company, Dominion, over its reporting of the 2020 presidential election.

In a last-minute settlement before trial, the network agreed to pay $787.5m (£634m) - about half of the $1.6bn initially sought by Dominion.

Dominion argued its business was harmed by Fox spreading false claims the vote had been rigged against Donald Trump.

The deal spares Fox executives such as Rupert Murdoch from having to testify.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65318654

I think Fox got off easy. Dominion should've held their feet to the fire.

The biggest judgement ever in a defamation case was about $220 million. But then it was vacated on appeal and the people on the hook, Dow Jones newspapers didn't have to pay a dollar of the award. This is something Dominion were well aware of. Even if they'd won a billion dollar judgement then it stood s huge chance of being drastically reduced or quashed entirely by a higher court, and as you go up the appeals system in America the courts get more and more pro corporate/big business/big guy over the little guy culminating in the Supreme Court which is comically so. Dominion is owned by a private equity firm. It has revenues, not profits, of about a hundred million dollars a year and profits of a few million. The total value of every asset the private equity fund own is less than a billion dollars, so this judgement basically doubled their net worth overnight. There was no way they could turn it down.

It would have been nice to have six weeks of bombshells about what was going on behind the scenes at Fox but it wouldn't have made any difference. People who aren't Fox viewers are looking at it and thinking what they're thinking. Fox viewers, to the extent they're hearing anything from conservative media by and large don't want to know about it or think about it. They need their safe space, media that will tell them what they want to hear regardless of reality so they don't want to hear anything bad about Fox. They need a source of new they can trust to lie to them. Fox can only lose them by telling them the truth which is how they ended up having to pay out what will eventually be a couple of billion dollars, because when they started telling them the truth about the election the viewers deserted them for Newsmax and One America and Fox had to start lying about Dominion and other shit to get them to come back.

I know Dominion's gotta do what's best for Dominion... and good for them. Plus if what you say is true about the higher courts and how they side with big business... it probably wasn't worth the risk. You never can tell how courts are going to rule in specific cases... but again, can't fault Dominion for taking the money.

But... I'm gonna have to disagree on your take on what viewers on both sides would've reacted like, had Fox been dragged over the coals on this one.

We both are of similar mindsets when it comes to the American public, for the most part. All I gotta do is think about the fanbases of aliens like MTG, Boebert, Graham, and others... to see that many people are beyond hope when it comes to rational thought. But in an ideal situation where Fox's lies had been laid bare for all to see... I'm sorry. Even the most moronic of fanatical zombies would've had something stir in their minds. Yes... I still remember when Sean Spicer said with a straight face that Trump's inaugural crowd was larger than Obama's... so I'm well aware of some people's ability to look at a white wall and insist that it's black. But DAMN... an ideal situation judicial process, where Fox's blatant lies were exposed over and over again... and judgments were handed down... that's the sort of reality you just can't wish away.

I say all that... then visions pop into my mind where some GOP lawmakers insisted on live television that January 6th had been a peaceful stroll to the Capitol.

So although I'm arguing a point... my heart's not entirely IN it.

All we can hope for is that Smartmatic's lawsuit goes as well (or better) than Dominion's... and that Fox News can be damaged beyond repair. Meanwhile... some of Trump's high profile Minions like Giuliani, and that clown with the pillow company can get raked over the coals as well.

Gotta spread the love.
    No matter what came out at a trial Fox viewers are going to stick with Fox so long as Fox keep giving them their daily dose of anger heroin. The only way Fox lose their audience is if they start telling them the truth.

This is the only polling I've seen on it and nothing else shows up via google:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/fox...st-1235554399/

Of the Fox viewers who even know about the court case and the leaked texts and emails only about a fifth of them trust Fox less. But that's now. In a few months this will all be ancient history, Fox will have come up with some new culture war shit, another CRT or tranny swimmer or something that really grabs their audience and lets them know Fox covers the issues they want covering in the way that they want covering and they're back to a hundred percent trust again. All the current Dominion/Smartmatic stuff will be water under the bridge.

It gives me no pleasure to say that you're 100 percent correct.

It's a real problem when a significant chunk of the country is so radicalised that they'd support anything, even political violence, if it means that their side is in power. Fox led the way with radicalising these people but the advent of the internet made it inevitable. If it hadn't been Murdoch and Fox it would have been somebody else. Now there's this huge chunk of permanently angry polarised radicalised people who are going to be a permanent ongoing threat to democracy. If Fox even tried to dial down the crazy these people will just go elsewhere and probably splinter between even crazier media outlets. Fox are stuck in a room with the Frankenstein monster they created.
    And firing Такер Карлсон is the way to break off the biggest splinter. He's the pro insurrection, pro autocracy, pro Russia, great replacement theory guy on Fox. He's giving the MAGA base what they want to hear even though his own texts and emails show he knows it's bullshit and he hates Trump. This is a big risk for Murdoch. He's got rid of a crazy conspiracy guy who got huge ratings

before but that was before Trump. Now the entire GOP base is primed to believe all manner of crazy shit and Карлсон could easily splinter a chunk of it off if he goes to Newsmax or similar or sets his own streaming thing up. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Fox ratings and whatever Карлсон does next. In the meantime Murdoch sacked his biggest ratings guy and his backroom staff so there's a clear message to the rest of the Fox people to stay away from the overtly crazy stuff. I have to say I'm surprised at the whole episode. I think there's a good chance there's something significant behind the sacking we don't know about.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Tucker and Don Zitrone have both been fired on the same day, maybe some weird job swap incoming.
    They could do Crossfire.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In other Trump news Georgia indictments are coming in July:

https://www.gpb.org/news/2023/04/24/...ll-come-summer

and there's no way she puts out an all hands on deck advisory to law enforcement about potential unrest if it's just a bunch of nonentities being charged. Trump is going to be indicted here.

Trump latest:

Mandatory stop-and-frisk. Deploying the military to fight street crime, break up gangs and deport immigrants. Purging the federal workforce and charging leakers.

Former president Donald Trump has steadily begun outlining his vision for a second-term agenda, focusing on unfinished business from his time in the White House and an expansive vision for how he would wield federal power. In online videos and stump speeches, Trump is pledging to pick up where his first term left off and push even further.

Where he earlier changed border policies to reduce refugees and people seeking asylum, he’s now promising to conduct an unprecedented deportation operation. Where he previously moved to make it easier to fire federal workers, he’s now proposing a new civil service exam. After urging state and local officials to take harsher measures on crime and homelessness, Trump says he is now determined to take more direct federal action.

https://wapo.st/443fyIs

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tucker Carlson gone ?

MAGAs are on suicide watch.

You see, Tucker Carlson has never needed a job. Never in his life. He is the heir to the Swanson frozen TV dinner company fortune. And that is exactly why he is a chaos-loving white extremeist c*nt who desperately wanted to be a television personality so he could spread extreme right-wing propaganda to try and get crazies out there to hurt innocent people.

His parents could afford to send him to rich kid school. But there was nothing they could do about what happened next.

"My dad owns a bank!"

"My dad owns an oil company!"

"Oh yeah? Check this out. My dad owns... a frozen TV dinner company."

"HEY EVERYBODY! FROZEN TV DINNER MONEY OVER HERE!"

And that was the moment lil Tucky decided to spend the rest of his life on demon time. He tries so hard.....SO HARD to do that Jordan Peterson thing of trying to come across as this real stoic, serious white man.

He's always been about getting revenge on "the elites" whose children mocked him and wouldn't accept him as real money. Tucker dedicated his life to worming his way into television's good graces so he could host his own opinion show. Then he finally got it.

I’m from the UK and he’s well known here. In fact him getting fired was on BBC News. FOX have gone to great lengths to make sure that all of their news content is free to read online, and Fox News is available on every cable or satellite provider in most of the most basic packages, and usually at a relatively low channel number.

That shyt matters.

But now he'll claim ideological martyr status for being shouted down by the so called libs and lefties and “the woke mob” in the public square and pretend that marginalized trash are actually hidden gems of knowledge only him and his followers can see.

Honestly ? I wouldn’t rule out an election run

If I had to guess, he flew to close to the fkkery sun with his show being too far right wing, they figured this was easier than him talking them into another future lawsuit. But I'm not celebrating. It's like Piers Morgan - he's only gonna leave and spew his racist bullshyt on another platform and still get paid millions

It's telling that they didn't even give him a send off show to say his goodbye just a case of "Get the FK outta here"

He's always been an annoying little wimp

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-25-2023 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Tucker Carlson gone ?

MAGAs are on suicide watch.

You see, Tucker Carlson has never needed a job. Never in his life. He is the heir to the Swanson frozen TV dinner company fortune. And that is exactly why he is a chaos-loving white extremeist c*nt who desperately wanted to be a television personality so he could spread extreme right-wing propaganda to try and get crazies out there to hurt innocent people.

His parents could afford to send him to rich kid school. But there was nothing they could do about what happened next.

"My dad owns a bank!"

"My dad owns an oil company!"

"Oh yeah? Check this out. My dad owns... a frozen TV dinner company."

"HEY EVERYBODY! FROZEN TV DINNER MONEY OVER HERE!"

And that was the moment lil Tucky decided to spend the rest of his life on demon time. He tries so hard.....SO HARD to do that Jordan Peterson thing of trying to come across as this real stoic, serious white man.

He's always been about getting revenge on "the elites" whose children mocked him and wouldn't accept him as real money. Tucker dedicated his life to worming his way into television's good graces so he could host his own opinion show. Then he finally got it.

I’m from the UK and he’s well known here. In fact him getting fired was on BBC News. FOX have gone to great lengths to make sure that all of their news content is free to read online, and Fox News is available on every cable or satellite provider in most of the most basic packages, and usually at a relatively low channel number.

That shyt matters.

But now he'll claim ideological martyr status for being shouted down by the so called libs and lefties and “the woke mob” in the public square and pretend that marginalized trash are actually hidden gems of knowledge only him and his followers can see.

Honestly ? I wouldn’t rule out an election run

If I had to guess, he flew to close to the fkkery sun with his show being too far right wing, they figured this was easier than him talking them into another future lawsuit. But I'm not celebrating. It's like Piers Morgan - he's only gonna leave and spew his racist bullshyt on another platform and still get paid millions

It's telling that they didn't even give him a send off show to say his goodbye just a case of "Get the FK outta here"

He's always been an annoying little wimp

pfft

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The media is still horribly biased, but good on them for cleaning house a little.

I actually liked Cuomo for a minute. Tried to sit thru his new gig but nah. It was interesting watching the 'tribes' with the shock n awe reactions yesterday. Like seeing both go tbh. Lemon always struck me as slimy hell bent on jamming a narrative down your throat. Knowingly lying on co-anchors with a whiny weak streak. Misinformed on facts and always blew it off like he's entitled. Half the time I thought he was about to hold his breath and stamp his feet if he didn't get to talk over everyone. And Comrade Tucker, well he's a Putin bootlicker and unhinged brownshirt little shit, so there's that.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

I actually liked Cuomo for a minute. Tried to sit thru his new gig but nah. It was interesting watching the 'tribes' with the shock n awe reactions yesterday. Like seeing both go tbh. Lemon always struck me as slimy hell bent on jamming a narrative down your throat. Knowingly lying on co-anchors with a whiny weak streak. Misinformed on facts and always blew it off like he's entitled. Half the time I thought he was about to hold his breath and stamp his feet if he didn't get to talk over everyone. And Comrade Tucker, well he's a Putin bootlicker and unhinged brownshirt little shit, so there's that.

You and I have something in common. We dispense criticism as we see fit, regardless of what color tie they wear. Some on here are pathologically unable to do that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You and I have something in common. We dispense criticism as we see fit, regardless of what color tie they wear. Some on here are pathologically unable to do that.
    Generally in the 'real world' when face to face, I manage to lose, confuse or piss off both "sides" when politics come up . Takes about 5-10 minutes. People want to hear what they agree with and ass'ume one stated opinion defines and slants all topics.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Generally in the 'real world' when face to face, I manage to lose, confuse or piss off both "sides" when politics come up . Takes about 5-10 minutes. People want to hear what they agree with and ass'ume one stated opinion defines and slants all topics.

I avoid these "face to face" when it comes to politics or other polarizing topics. This aversion is pretty much justified on here with the cyber discussions. Still waiting for that magic moment when someone will say (on any subject)...

"Damn you know... you're right. What was I thinking?"

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carlson posed too much of a threat to institutional power because he turned Americans into proper researchers and thinkers.

Carlson offered an intellectualism, truthfulness, and an analytical depth that no other news personality has ever done in the history of the United States as far back as I can remember.

Tucker needed to be “silenced” because he represented too big a threat to the powers and principalities, institutions and agendas that seek an unenlightened uninformed semi lobotomized quasi retarded population that does not question, does not research, does not analyze but simply swallows and follow instructions.

Tucker Carlson also exposed the fraud and money laundering racketeering crimes of FTX and the Democrat Party in Ukraine involving the United States government. He exposed the US biochemical labs in Ukraine and their connection to the Democrat Party, President Barack Obama, Vice President Biden, Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Bill Gates, and other US government agencies and pharmaceutical companies.

The ex-host’s anti-regime rhetoric could no longer be tolerated by the corrupt American media and political establishment and his exit signals the death of American media.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Carlson posed too much of a threat to institutional power because he turned Americans into proper researchers and thinkers.

Carlson offered an intellectualism, truthfulness, and an analytical depth that no other news personality has ever done in the history of the United States as far back as I can remember.

Tucker needed to be “silenced” because he represented too big a threat to the powers and principalities, institutions and agendas that seek an unenlightened uninformed semi lobotomized quasi retarded population that does not question, does not research, does not analyze but simply swallows and follow instructions.

Tucker Carlson also exposed the fraud and money laundering racketeering crimes of FTX and the Democrat Party in Ukraine involving the United States government. He exposed the US biochemical labs in Ukraine and their connection to the Democrat Party, President Barack Obama, Vice President Biden, Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Bill Gates, and other US government agencies and pharmaceutical companies.

The ex-host’s anti-regime rhetoric could no longer be tolerated by the corrupt American media and political establishment and his exit signals the death of American media.

According to Bennett, Carlson posed too much of a threat to institutional power because he turned Americans into proper “researchers and thinkers”.
    Carlson offered an “intellectualism, truthfulness, and an analytical depth that no other news personality has ever done in the history of the United States as far back as I can remember,” said Bennett.
    Tucker needed to be “silenced” because he represented too big a threat to the “powers and principalities, institutions and agendas that seek an unenlightened uninformed semi lobotomized quasi retarded population that do not question, do not research, do not analyze but simply digest and follow instructions,” according to Bennett.
    “Tucker Carlson also exposed the fraud and money laundering racketeering crimes of FTX and the Democrat Party in Ukraine involving the United States government. He exposed the US biochemical labs in Ukraine and their connection to the Democrat Party, President Barack Obama, Vice President Biden, Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Bill Gates, and other US government agencies and pharmaceutical companies,” Bennett told Sputnik.
    The ex-host’s anti-regime rhetoric “could no longer be tolerated by the corrupt American media and political establishment,” said Bennett, adding that his exit signals “the death of American media”.
    The former US army psyops officer suggested that Senator Chuck Schumer had threatened to utilize the CIA and the FBI to deploy secret government operations against Tucker to get him off air unless he was fired.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...27b3001b53a3ca

This horseshit is far more coherently written that the horseshit you come up with by yourself. You could never have written this.

Thread Information