Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Trump is a genius. Show one thing he has done or one thing he has said that cost the United States anything. Now on the other hand I can show you 100 things that he has said and done that has benefited the United States.

The whiners are either of the globalist who lost out on global trade deals or the left-wingers just want open borders.

there is one more category and those are the ones who just are addicted to being outraged at his lack of etiquette and his lack of spelling it's hurting tweets and his lack of protocol.

TO THAT LAST GROUP I SAY GET THE VIOLINS

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's done some good things and some bad things.

He's made some good decisions that will have a positive impact on the economy.

He's been as bad as any President in dividing the country. If you see a divided country as a good thing, I guess that's your prerogative.

Domestically never was my fear about Trump.

Globally was where most of my concerns lie.

And frankly...... Trump has proven to be Putin's bitch.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

He's been as bad as any President in dividing the country. If you see a divided country as a good thing, I guess that's your prerogative.

By doing what? As compared to who?

The very same policy wonks who used to tout Obama as brilliant want Trump to what? March up to Putin and punch him in the face? What does that achieve? A friendly Putin might be more able or willing to help in Syria or Iran or North Korea....but we're going to toss the very idea of peace aside to have a shooting war with Russia? Yeah that sounds brilliant.

Very same folks scared to death of Trump starting a nuclear war are now bitching about him attempting to get along with Russia......and nobody finds that odd?

We'll see what happens with Putin in the future.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito fan please provide some direct causal evidence such as real cause and effect proof that Trump has divided the country. All he is doing is enforcing laws that have not been enforced for decades. If you call enforcing the law dividing the country then that type of logic is what has become the New Logic after 25 years of political correctness

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

The very same policy wonks who used to tout Obama as brilliant want Trump to what? March up to Putin and punch him in the face? What does that achieve? A friendly Putin might be more able or willing to help in Syria or Iran or North Korea....but we're going to toss the very idea of peace aside to have a shooting war with Russia? Yeah that sounds brilliant.

Very same folks scared to death of Trump starting a nuclear war are now bitching about him attempting to get along with Russia......and nobody finds that odd?

Yes.... we'll see what happens with Putin in the future. That in fact will be the telling result to Trump's "handling" of Putin in the present. We may all be attempting to predict a future no one really knows.

Obama, O-shmama. C'mon Lyle..... you know I of all people couldn't care less about Obama at this point. He's history. But no... no one wants Trump to "punch Putin in the face". But there is such a thing as balance. Showing strength while being friendly and constructive. Applaud the good..... reprehend the bad. Putin needs to know who's in control. Right now in his mind it's him (Putin). How does a President achieve balance with someone like Putin? Hell.... I don't know. I guess that's why they pay the President the big bucks.

But again I agree. Let's see what happens with Putin in the future. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

My point still stands regarding Trump. I'm in hopes that Trump will have blazed a trail for other politicians to follow, but without the unnecessary rough edges. Regardless of what Trump fanatics might think, it's possible to accomplish whatever Trump has accomplished without insulting, alienating, and dividing people even more than Obama did. Which by the way is something I thoroughly criticize Obama for. And is why I don't like when you bring up Obama all the time. It serves little purpose. I hated Bush Jr. But I've stopped bringing him up loooong ago.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Tito fan please provide some direct causal evidence such as real cause and effect proof that Trump has divided the country. All he is doing is enforcing laws that have not been enforced for decades. If you call enforcing the law dividing the country then that type of logic is what has become the New Logic after 25 years of political correctness

Oh I don't know Brock. How 'bout we start with his list of questionable pardons? Exhibit A..... Joe Arpaio. Unless of course you're gonna defend him too. A convicted former Arizona sheriff, with enough offenses to fill several rap sheets. A bigoted asshole cut from the same cloth Trump is. Was there any need for Trump to stick his goddamn nose in that particular case and thumb that same nose to all the Hispanic victims of Arpaio's racial profiling and God knows what other transgressions? Oh, and Brock..... don't be fooled. I stick up for Mexicans also. With Latinos being a huge (and growing) percentage of the U.S. population, it makes little sense to behave in this manner if you're not trying to divide and polarize the country..... right? Tell me. What need on God's green earth was there for Trump to single out Arpaio for pardoning? Doesn't he have better things to do?

How about his complete reluctance to condemn obvious hate groups like the neo-Nazis..... and his failure to call them out. Let's revisit Charlotesville. Now I'll mention Obama. Had Obama offered that same lukewarm rebuke about violence "on all sides" without calling out any group specifically, he would've been raked through the coals by you and all other Trump fanatics. But it was Trump who did it....... so he did a great job. Same as when he failed to slap down David Duke and his bullshit support from the KKK. Rather than use the opportunity to make a statement, Trump chose to hem and haw and blame defective earpieces.

But let's put this another way. Do you want to claim Trump has UNITED the country? Please say you do, so I can laugh non-stop for 24 hours, or until they come to take me away in a straight jacket.

Enforcing laws?? News flash, bro: It is possible to enforce laws without being a Class A asshole and alienating half the country.

The problem with you Trump fanatics is that you lump all opposition to Trump in one big group. Every time a DeNiro or a Streep or a Madonna opens their big fat mouths..... all it does is fuel your hollow arguments by saying that all opposition to Trump is exactly like that. Nothing could be further from the truth, but that is just too inconvenient for you to realize...... so you stick to the script.

What a load of B.S.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disappointing and pretty damn disheartening is first to mind. Honestly I have zero confidence in my Presidents leadership and frankly today I do not trust him. He looked Putin in the eyes today and stood before this Nation and instead of defending those before him regarding interference in OUR free elections and those to follow he went completely in for himself, tucked his tail firmly between his legs and pussed out. Clearly, simply and unapologetically he acted a meek compromised man. Believe it or not I get no joy in that.

as to 'lets just see what happens'...we're seeing it. It's happening right in front of us. FFS we are detrimentally stuck as far as Trump is concerned to either relive, reargue, remake what has already happened years ago or 'what may happen'. Well keep it in mind men set patterns and have history and dictators know how to manipulate other men in power. All the while I see more and more ignoring the now and present day.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He dedicated how much time and effort to deride some dumb athletes for failing to 'stand up' for America? Today from my eyes, he was no different by failing to do so.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes.... we'll see what happens with Putin in the future. That in fact will be the telling result to Trump's "handling" of Putin in the present. We may all be attempting to predict a future no one really knows.

Obama, O-shmama. C'mon Lyle..... you know I of all people couldn't care less about Obama at this point. He's history. But no... no one wants Trump to "punch Putin in the face". But there is such a thing as balance. Showing strength while being friendly and constructive. Applaud the good..... reprehend the bad. Putin needs to know who's in control. Right now in his mind it's him (Putin). How does a President achieve balance with someone like Putin? Hell.... I don't know. I guess that's why they pay the President the big bucks.

But again I agree. Let's see what happens with Putin in the future. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

My point still stands regarding Trump. I'm in hopes that Trump will have blazed a trail for other politicians to follow, but without the unnecessary rough edges. Regardless of what Trump fanatics might think, it's possible to accomplish whatever Trump has accomplished without insulting, alienating, and dividing people even more than Obama did. Which by the way is something I thoroughly criticize Obama for. And is why I don't like when you bring up Obama all the time. It serves little purpose. I hated Bush Jr. But I've stopped bringing him up loooong ago.
    What on earth are you talking about? 'Putin needs to know who is in control'......Well, what do you want Trump to do? Wrestle him? Nuke Moscow? I literally have no idea what you are saying here. It is just a stream of words and then you conclude by saying something about paying the President 'big bucks'.

I love you Tito, but sometimes you go a bit Beanzy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Disappointing and pretty damn disheartening is first to mind. Honestly I have zero confidence in my Presidents leadership and frankly today I do not trust him. He looked Putin in the eyes today and stood before this Nation and instead of defending those before him regarding interference in OUR free elections and those to follow he went completely in for himself, tucked his tail firmly between his legs and pussed out. Clearly, simply and unapologetically he acted a meek compromised man. Believe it or not I get no joy in that.

as to 'lets just see what happens'...we're seeing it. It's happening right in front of us. FFS we are detrimentally stuck as far as Trump is concerned to either relive, reargue, remake what has already happened years ago or 'what may happen'. Well keep it in mind men set patterns and have history and dictators know how to manipulate other men in power. All the while I see more and more ignoring the now and present day.
    This is just a different language completely.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes this is terrible, we should be having hostility with Russia and not try to make things better. Let’s just keep the hostility against Russia while China hacks our entire country.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

What on earth are you talking about? 'Putin needs to know who is in control'......Well, what do you want Trump to do? Wrestle him? Nuke Moscow? I literally have no idea what you are saying here. It is just a stream of words and then you conclude by saying something about paying the President 'big bucks'.

I love you Tito, but sometimes you go a bit Beanzy.

The love's mutual, Miles.

But no. No punching..... no wrestling. Definitely no nuking. Why is the principle of balance so difficult to comprehend? Is it only a choice between punching and nuking Putin..... or laying down so Putin can step on him? Where's all the bravado and chest-puffing he saves for his own citizens. Hell..... he's got no problem firing off a Tweet insulting the globally-insignificant Rosie O'Donnell. But play a little hardball with Putin? No, no no...... we can't have him get a little miffed, right?

C'mon guys, let's be real here.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does he need to be so miffed with Putin though? Has Putin gone onto Twitter and called him an orange orangutan or anything like that? Russia is remarkably civil considering all of the propaganda thrown their way and lest we not forget Clinton appeared to be ready to go to war with Russia. Over what?

Get on with the bloke, accept that Russia is not quite as extreme as has been painted, and just make progress. Not sure what firing off a few insults on Twitter would prove.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

He dedicated how much time and effort to deride some dumb athletes for failing to 'stand up' for America? Today from my eyes, he was no different by failing to do so.
    That is a ridiculous comparison.

Russia can go to war with us in any number of ways.....athletes can

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's simple, Miles.

The U.S. intelligence community, which I presume to be at least functionally competent, believes Putin-led Russia tampered in the 2016 U.S. Presidential elections. Putin's own mother would probably attest to that if put on a polygraph. That is a no-no..... and Mr. Putin should know that the U.S. does not look kindly on that. No nukes.... no punches thrown..... DEFINITELY none of Trump's childish Tweets. Just some honest-to-goodness "Hey I know you f*cked up let's put that behind us but don't do it again... we're on to you. Now let's go play some golf, ok?"

Instead, Trump trashed the entire U.S. intelligence community, something Putin must be having a good cackle about, and refuses to even touch the subject with Putin.
    Sorry..... looks like a bitch move to me.

Of course, if Hillary was handling the same issues, we'd ALL be glowing orange by now.

Thread Information