Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

The Democratic Party is a rudderless ship, and the captain left on a life raft years ago. Only the rats are still on board.

What few leaders the party has are all ancient mariners: Rep. Nancy Pelosi is 78, Sen. Bernie Sanders is 76, the two-time loser Hillary Clinton is 70, the wannabe nominee for 2020, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, is 69, and the party’s angriest member, Sen. Chuck Schumer, is 67. That’s 360 years combined if you’re keeping score at home.

Still others are just downright nuts, like Rep. Maxine Waters. The networks love putting her on the air to rail against President Trump, but all those Americans out there see is another crazy out-of-the-mainstream Democrat.

Sure, Hillary is still waltzing around in her housecoat or muumuu or whatever the heck she was wearing the other day. And she’s still exhausted and still coughing her lungs out as she makes little murmuring noises that she’ll run again. She doesn’t know it yet, but there’s zero chance the party will nominate her again. Zero.
    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...eam-americans/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very impressive numbers and hopefully just a start. Can't be bothered to look into details tonight and parse it politically to what fits some love or hate agenda but voters speak financial stability and job security and this day Trump can rightfully peacock around the WH with feathers wide. That said someone needs to tell him to stop spouting that BS line about the individual mandate being "gone and done with". Nope, just trust me here. As Joe the Claimer would say..ya see now that right there is a lie .

More importantly some soldiers came home today to their families. Not sure of the accuracy and surely extensive identification should be done but bottom line is..welcome home boys. They are what this is about and we should never have to 'ask' for honorable return of our Nations dead.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Very impressive numbers and hopefully just a start. Can't be bothered to look into details tonight and parse it politically to what fits some love or hate agenda but voters speak financial stability and job security and this day Trump can rightfully peacock around the WH with feathers wide. That said someone needs to tell him to stop spouting that BS line about the individual mandate being "gone and done with". Nope, just trust me here. As Joe the Claimer would say..ya see now that right there is a lie .

More importantly some soldiers came home today to their families. Not sure of the accuracy and surely extensive identification should be done but bottom line is..welcome home boys. They are what this is about and we should never have to 'ask' for honorable return of our Nations dead.
    Why do u still get whacked for not having insurance? I think this year it’s supposed to be gone but I didn’t look into it

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breaking.....CNN finally admits trump is the god emperor

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump thinks he's overdue some credit for steering the strongest economy on the planet -- and he's probably right.

"These numbers are very, very sustainable -- this isn't a one-time shot," Trump said on Friday, speaking from the South Lawn of the White House after news that the US economy grew at a 4.1% annual rate in the second quarter of the year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...dit/index.html

There is no Trump but Trump
    Last edited by walrus; 07-28-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump *****RULES*****

ICE *****RULES******

*****LOCK HER UP*******

*****FIRE MUELLER******

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4.1% for a quarter is not something to get excited about. Like I said before GDP may hit 3% for the first time in a long time this year but that's due to congress incresing spending by $300 billion this year and 18% of the tax cut that doesn't go to the top 1% being spent along with the point we're at in the economic cycle.

Long term growth is still pegged at arounf two percent. And this 4 percent growth is going ewntirely to the top one percent, wages have actually fallen in real terms since the tax cut was passed. But don't worry, the 99 percetn do get something. You get increased interest rates on ongoing debt for the forseeable future due to it.

Every president in last generation, Republican and Democrat, has presided over at least 4 quarters of growth stronger than 4.1% in Q2 2018, which Trump called evidence of “economic turnaround of historic proportions”.

And growth under Trump in Q2 of 2018 would rank as 5th strongest Q of Obama presidency: —5.1% Q2 2014 —4.9% Q3 2014 —4.7% Q4 2011 —4.5% Q4 2009

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Experts....they used to be perts but they aren't anymore
    Al of those articles ay three percetn yearly growth absent tax cuts or spending stimulus would be impossible and it would be. There are actual limits on GDP growth and we can predict potential growth really well.

The only definitive prediction there is Krugman and he reversed that prediction the next day, he was just pissed off on election night when he made it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    4.1% for a quarter is not something to get excited about. Like I said before GDP may hit 3% for the first time in a long time this year but that's due to congress incresing spending by $300 billion this year and 18% of the tax cut that doesn't go to the top 1% being spent along with the point we're at in the economic cycle.

Long term growth is still pegged at arounf two percent. And this 4 percent growth is going ewntirely to the top one percent, wages have actually fallen in real terms since the tax cut was passed. But don't worry, the 99 percetn do get something. You get increased interest rates on ongoing debt for the forseeable future due to it.

Every president in last generation, Republican and Democrat, has presided over at least 4 quarters of growth stronger than 4.1% in Q2 2018, which Trump called evidence of “economic turnaround of historic proportions”.

And growth under Trump in Q2 of 2018 would rank as 5th strongest Q of Obama presidency: —5.1% Q2 2014 —4.9% Q3 2014 —4.7% Q4 2011 —4.5% Q4 2009

Yes, absolutely right. It means nothing. Now back to Russia and stormy Daniels. Economy just a blip.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Excessive inflation is when prices rise faster than wages. A starting job here will pay 2.1 million which is what I earned 15 years ago. Real inflation tends to be 5% and up each year. It is not rocket science to see that making that almost the minimum wage will lead to yet more inflation. It is insane too considering an entry level teacher is a little bit above cleaning a corridor. Getting towards Commie territory and capitalism gone wrong.
    Here is Korean inflation minus food and energy. WWe typically don't include food and energy because their prices are affected by things that have nothing to do with monetary policy or anything else that determines the real level of inflation in an economy, so to get a true level of inflation in an economy they're left out of the measurements.

What are the economic conditions that will lead to this excess inflation? And what the fuck is stage one collapse? What are the subsequent stages?
    You are very demanding, but being very polite, so I don't mind.

I think stage one collapse was the type seen in 2008. I don't believe there has been a recovery as such because if there was then interest rates would be about 5% and they are obviously not. The next collapse will come and interest rates will be low and I am not quite sure how the next stages evolve as it is really kind of new territory to be doing this.

My own attitude is that interest rates should have gone up sooner, that the big banks been divided up and reset, and that a lot of hardship needed to be endured to go back to an honest starting point. It didn't happen and buying of time happened whence the problems being faced.

I don't have all the answers obviously, but think it very important to be sensible and not be getting into a lot of debt right now.

Out here the economy is tanking. Massive oversupply of property, record youth unemployment, manufacturing shipped off overseas, and record personal debt. The central bank here is stuck and meanwhile the government has increased the minimum wage 30% in 2 years. Trust me, if I was cleaning toilets on the minimum wage now you can have a pretty good life. I think the same about the UK too actually except they have millions of immigrants competing with you too making it harder. Obviously I am not greedy and don't need 2 holidays a year, a sports car, or a Walrus watch.
    Here is Korean inflation minus food and energy. WWe typically don't include food and energy because their prices are affected by things that have nothing to do with monetary policy or anything else that determines the real level of inflation in an economy, so to get a true level of inflation in an economy they're left out of the measurements.

Here they are including food and energy:

Below two percent for the last six years now.

Here are private sector earnings:

Everything is pretty good Miles.

They couldn't put interest rates up sooner because it would have crashed the economy again. They may sent the economy into recession putting them up now and have to reverse course. The absolute last thing needed is a lot of hardship or austerity or whatever. That would make sense if the economy was a household Miles. If your household income is cut clearly you have to cut your outgoings. But an economy is millions of households. In our economy your spending is my income and vice versa. If we all stop spending together............

No, you cannot believe that data. The reality is far different. I went to the supermarket the other day and bought a salad, some carrots, about 8 very simple items. It cost me 25 pounds. Prices are up a lot and the minimum wage is going to push it higher. A cleaner now earns nearly the same as a private academy teacher. It has gone a bit wrong. I am not sure I have any long term security here the way things are going.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/biz/...67_252802.html
    Yes Miles, I can believe that data. It fits in entirely with the rest of Koran data so it's entirely accurate.

Also, too, the supermarket stuff is lovely but the plural of anecdote is not data.

And eat some fucking meat you puff.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Yes, absolutely right. It means nothing. Now back to Russia and stormy Daniels. Economy just a blip.
    If the economy keeps growing at four percent then it means something but you'd need to see a combination of massive new immigration and massive productivity increases for that to happen. It's possible we see big jumps in productivity as firms are faced with the alternative of raising wages (they don't want to) or investing in new productivity enhancing machinery and tech but Trump may manage to limit immigration so four percent on a long term basis, even a couple of years is not going to happen. Probably 2018 hits three percent or close to it then back down towards the long term prediction of two percent. Except you're left with a trillion dollar plus yearly deficit even before the next recession hits.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

If the economy keeps growing at four percent then it means something but you'd need to see a combination of massive new immigration and massive productivity increases for that to happen. It's possible we see big jumps in productivity as firms are faced with the alternative of raising wages (they don't want to) or investing in new productivity enhancing machinery and tech but Trump may manage to limit immigration so four percent on a long term basis, even a couple of years is not going to happen. Probably 2018 hits three percent or close to it then back down towards the long term prediction of two percent. Except you're left with a trillion dollar plus yearly deficit even before the next recession hits.
    It’s the Russians stupid

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the shitz that pisses me off.

I’m glad the news media is pursuing the Trump–Russia scandal, but let’s not forget the differences between how they are covering Russia compared with how they reported a similar story — this one involving Communist China — that developed during Bill Clinton’s 1996 reelection campaign. The Washington Post reported in 1998 that “evidence gathered in federal surveillance intercepts has indicated that the Chinese government planned to increase China’s influence in the U.S. political process in 1996.”

Many people still believe that a major cover-up of that scandal worked — in part because the media expressed skepticism and devoted only a fraction of resources they are spending on the Trump–Russia story. Network reporters expressed outright skepticism of the story, with many openly criticizing the late senator Fred Thompson, the chair of the Senate investigating committee, for wasting time and money. On June 17, 1997, Katie Couric, then the Today co-anchor, asked the Washington Post’s Bob Woodward about the story: “Are members of the media, do you think, Bob, too scandal-obsessed, looking for something at every corner?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nat...ownplayed/amp/

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Putin controls Trump, he runs USA. Trump's lap dog performance in front of his lord was pitiful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Putin controls Trump, he runs USA. Trump's lap dog performance in front of his lord was pitiful.
    Damn I meant to dislike ur post

Thread Information