530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Trump replaced NAFTA? Ok... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Trump wants to pull the U.S. out of NATO? Meh... ok. I suppose NATO needs to prove it's worth the expense.

Trump is pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Accord? Geez... ok. We'll try and roll with his assertion that China's not paying its fair share.

Trump has pulled funding out of the WHO?

FUCK YOU, TRUMP!!

I'm tired of making excuses for the stupid fuck.

I'm tired of pretending there is some objective middle ground one can inhabit regarding Trump.

The WHO needs strengthening and reinforcement. Not having its major donor cut their legs out from under them.

Even if you BUY Trump's cockamamie version of this all being "the WHO's fault"...... the WHO is still the organization that exists for this very purpose... to protect humanity from the next pandemic (among other things).

No amount of word-twisting, version-fabricating, silver-cloud-conjuring is going to change the fact that the WHO is all we have in a global sense.

Here's hoping the next President undoes much of the damage Trump has done.
    I 100% support Trump on this. It was the right thing to do. If the WHO is willing to self appraise and reflect on the damage it has done, then fine, fund them again. Until then they do not deserve the excessive funding that was given by the US. They failed to protect humanity from anything and if anything made things significantly worse.

It's a global entity Gandalf.... not a political adversary.

They were created with a mission. If they're not delivering, overhaul the damn entity. But don't destroy it without something else to take its place.

There needs to be a global entity to look after the world population's health, countries' sovereignty be damned.

After what we're going through, I'm personally not in the mood for political games.

Fix the damn thing, or replace it with something that will do the job. Taking funding away from an already under-funded entity is hardly doing anyone any good. It's a bullshit move.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't give a shit if the WHO lied, which by the way would require proof.

Fact is the WHO is important, with an important mission.

Fix it... don't destroy it.
    liars or incompetent take your pick. it's not a fact that the who is important, they have caused a lot of damage, have you read about the hcg found in who's tetanus vaccine in kenya? no thoughts on tedros adhanom? you can fund them out of your pocket if you like. i think you forgot your smiley face
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

liars or incompetent take your pick. it's not a fact that the who is important, they have caused a lot of damage, have you read about the hcg found in who's tetanus vaccine in kenya? no thoughts on tedros adhanom? you can fund them out of your pocket if you like. i think you forgot your smiley face

If everyone needs to prove to you that COVID-19 exists, it's only reasonable that you should have to prove that the WHO are "liars or incompetent." One case ain't gonna cut it.

Again, the mission of the WHO was clearly established in 1948. Whether they've done a good enough job is besides the point. If something is broke, it gets fixed. Simple as.

Once the orange clown is bounced from the White House, we'll get a real President in there to do the right thing.

No smiley faces required.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump replaced NAFTA? Ok... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Trump wants to pull the U.S. out of NATO? Meh... ok. I suppose NATO needs to prove it's worth the expense.

Trump is pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Accord? Geez... ok. We'll try and roll with his assertion that China's not paying its fair share.

Trump has pulled funding out of the WHO?

FUCK YOU, TRUMP!!

I'm tired of making excuses for the stupid fuck.

I'm tired of pretending there is some objective middle ground one can inhabit regarding Trump.

The WHO needs strengthening and reinforcement. Not having its major donor cut their legs out from under them.

Even if you BUY Trump's cockamamie version of this all being "the WHO's fault"...... the WHO is still the organization that exists for this very purpose... to protect humanity from the next pandemic (among other things).

No amount of word-twisting, version-fabricating, silver-cloud-conjuring is going to change the fact that the WHO is all we have in a global sense.

Here's hoping the next President undoes much of the damage Trump has done.
    I 100% support Trump on this. It was the right thing to do. If the WHO is willing to self appraise and reflect on the damage it has done, then fine, fund them again. Until then they do not deserve the excessive funding that was given by the US. They failed to protect humanity from anything and if anything made things significantly worse.

It's a global entity Gandalf.... not a political adversary.

They were created with a mission. If they're not delivering, overhaul the damn entity. But don't destroy it without something else to take its place.

There needs to be a global entity to look after the world population's health, countries' sovereignty be damned.

After what we're going through, I'm personally not in the mood for political games.

Fix the damn thing, or replace it with something that will do the job. Taking funding away from an already under-funded entity is hardly doing anyone any good. It's a bullshit move.
    Unfortunately I do think the WHO has been political and granted it has not all been their fault considering that China has been leading everybody up the garden path. It seems obvious that collusion has been taking place and they have not been protecting people. Up until very recently they have been peddling information to our governments that have turned out to be blatantly misleading or else untrue. We can blame Trump as much as we want, but he was not telling the world to keep their borders wide open. If you want to stop a pandemic, the best thing you can do is to shut down the borders completely. That alone was political. Tourism money only goes so far if food production and factories and services also have to close down along with the tourism.

If you look into the man who runs the WHO you also learn an unsavory history. He is not a good person and it is difficult to reform corrupt institutions. If you have the option of funding it or not funding it then I would sooner not fund something that covers up for what many would consider an act of war. What on earth were they playing with and why? And to then cover it up for possibly months? It is very bad form and has ruined tens of millions of lives. Actually way more than that. I would much rather money not go to an organization like that.

Taiwan responded the best of any nation in the world and they are not even allowed to be part of the WHO. How about we keep that money to equip ourselves and maybe throw some change to good countries that are excluded, but do fantastic work.

I know you disagree and that is fine, but I respect that Trump seems to be listening to those who are not getting heard in the mainstream here.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He split the money that would have gone to the WHO to the Red Cross and samaritans purse.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If everyone needs to prove to you that COVID-19 exists, it's only reasonable that you should have to prove that the WHO are "liars or incompetent." One case ain't gonna cut it.

Again, the mission of the WHO was clearly established in 1948. Whether they've done a good enough job is besides the point. If something is broke, it gets fixed. Simple as.

Once the orange clown is bounced from the White House, we'll get a real President in there to do the right thing.

you only have to prove covid-19 is real to me if you want me to think it's real. i don't care what you believe. you make up your own mind on the who. you can donate to them, i'll take a hard pass thanks
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you only have to prove covid-19 is real to me if you want me to think it's real. i don't care what you believe. you make up your own mind on the who. you can donate to them, i'll take a hard pass thanks

Ironically, when someone other than the clown Trump decides to restart funding to the WHO, it'll be coming out of your pocket, like it or not.

You're free to resume your empty posturing now.

As far as COVID-19, I don't give a rat's ass WHAT you believe.

Thousands and thousands have died from a disease that "doesn't exist." Believe it..... don't believe it...... I don't give a shit.

You don't live near me, so I'm personally not affected by your rebellious nonsense.

El Kabong Guest

I don't trust The W.H.O. in much the same way I don't trust or appreciate the UN

So we're going to not only trust but fund those guys? The same fuckers who said "Well China says this isn't spreading human to human so we're good" in January? Those are the people that are going to save us? Yeah no thank you.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's only around 15 countries that recognise Taiwan though, awkward situation there, it's all little countries that recognise em too, and the pope :S

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may have worried about nothing. Seems Trump may not have the authority to withhold funding from the WHO after all. He shouldn't.
    He's a blame-deflecting, egotistical loose cannon and the future of the WHO shouldn't rest on his worthless shoulders.
    No problem, then.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may have worried about nothing. Seems Trump may not have the authority to withhold funding from the WHO after all. He shouldn't.
    He's a blame-deflecting, egotistical loose cannon and the future of the WHO shouldn't rest on his worthless shoulders.
    No problem, then.
    I think you are wrong on this issue. Loose cannon is an NGO encouraging the spread of a virus. If we had all ignored them and say listened to Taiwan instead who wasn't lying and had a great response without tyranny then things would possibly have been better. They were decent.

Instead the WHO worked with liars who have again revised their death toll. Did they uncrenate the bodies and check? Do you really believe anything from China who cannot even tell its own people the truth about Tiananmen? Look at the WHO leader. The man has an awful history. How he hasn't resigned is beyond me.

They do not deserve that funding.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No problem, then.
    I think you are wrong on this issue. Loose cannon is an NGO encouraging the spread of a virus. If we had all ignored them and say listened to Taiwan instead who wasn't lying and had a great response without tyranny then things would possibly have been better. They were decent.

Instead the WHO worked with liars who have again revised their death toll. Did they uncrenate the bodies and check? Do you really believe anything from China who cannot even tell its own people the truth about Tiananmen? Look at the WHO leader. The man has an awful history. How he hasn't resigned is beyond me.

They do not deserve that funding.

The WHO's performance on this pandemic has been disgraceful. But the fact remains that it is the only global organization that exists for the purpose of seeking the better health for people across the globe.

Without funding, the organization ceases to exist. Then what? Leave the business of dealing with pandemics to the individual countries of the world? HA!

If your car has all sorts of issues, but you need a car to get to work..... you fix your car.

If the expenses become too cumbersome for you, you buy a new one.

Either way, you still need a car to get to work. Just because you get rid of your old one doesn't mean you can go without a car.

Same thing here.

Fix it...... or scrap it and replace it. Quick.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This outlines the response of Taiwan who not have the 'expertise' of the WHO. They were controlling things long before the WHO who by contrast was encouraging nations to keep travel open as late as February. That is a serious flaw. It cannot be ignored. How did the WHO make a difference in any of this beyond spreading disinfo and causing harm? The one nation that did get it was shunned because of political reasons, so if we want to say it is political, then yes, the WHO is political.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020...emic_in_Taiwan

Do you not see the contrast? The nation that responsed the best and is perhaps the least impacted is not even part of the WHO. It is on the WHO to sort itself and have a think. Otherwise it looks like a failed and actually misfunded NGO.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you continue to miss my point. But that's fine.

Trump fans' knee-jerk reaction will be to defend his every move, even if he invades Greenland tomorrow and claims it for the U.S. After all, the Greenlanders were given a chance to sell.

(sigh) You do not just "eliminate" a global entity whose mission is to prevent the very same shit we've been going through for the last few months.

You fix it.... you overhaul it..... you clean house..... you make it fit today's world.

AND..... you get other countries and world powers to buy in on it.

Isn't Trump The World's Best Negotiator Extraordinaire?

Then fucking ACT like it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We need leadership.

Leadership isn't pointing fingers at the WHO and then like a spoiled brat try to pull the funding from under it. Any fucking clown can do that.

Leadership is looking at the big picture and playing a leadership role in trying to fix an entity that...... just like your car for work....... needs to exist.

Thread Information