0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Trump ultimately — and begrudgingly — urged his supporters to “go home in peace.” But the six hours between when the Capitol was breached shortly before 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon and when it was finally declared secure around 8 p.m. that evening reveal a president paralyzed — more passive viewer than resolute leader, repeatedly failing to perform even the basic duties of his job.
    He never called for violence, he never called to "breach the Capitol" he said they would "peacefully and patriotically march to the Capitol and cheer on Senators and Congressmen.....and some not so much"

But no no tell me what someone SAID Trump said instead of telling me what Trump himself said.

You've been provided with any number of Democrats calling for ACTUAL violence and making excuses for REAL riots and your response is
    If he had called for violence the media would be using the words in the opening of every newscast. The narrative we are being fed about an insurrection is bullshit. This is not excusing any violence or death but we are all equal under the law, allegedly, the capitol should be viewed legally the same as every business that was looted and burnt all summer. The manufactured outrage after months of silence and excusing deliberate violent actions are complete bullshit. It’s all wrong. I don’t support the idiots who did it but look at burning cities then look at people taking selfies. The violent element against the capitol was preplanned. People didn’t hear a speech, go home, make Molotov cocktails and return. They were there and ready for business. If you live here you get a better understanding of how shit works. If you rely on the media holy shit what a lopsided one way shit show.
    If his own words could be spun to fit THAT narrative you're Goddamn right they'd be using those clips!

But what do you get? You get people like Stephen Colbert saying 'I'm not going to play what Trump said, because (insert emotions here) but here's what he said but from my mouth and you can trust me can't you'

What people are constantly fed about Trump vs what Trump says are very different things and the "very fine people" event should have handled that, but I guarantee you there's still people on this site who believe he called Nazis & White Supremacists "very fine people" and if you find yourself to be one of those people, congratulations you're fucking dumb.
    And THAT includes people on this site who believe evidence of election fraud/broken laws are, and I quote, "empty, meaningless, ludicrous" and "baseless accusations of illegal changes to the way States used the Electoral College in this election are ridiculous ". totally skinnered.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tHeRe'S No sUCh thInG aS vOTeR fRaUd guys

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/ag-p...ested-charged/

I didn’t get to watch this video yet but one thing I know, and witnessed, was people selling ballots or trading them for pizza or filling them out for “grassroots organizations” that I assure you were preaching Biden. Poor neighborhoods were canvassed and this shit was done scaled up at some serious levels. It actually started back at soup kitchens during the census where people were given gift cards for filling out the census and worked it’s way out. Lg cheese pizza for your ballot, gift card, sometimes cash. I saw and heard it going on. That was the couple rinky dink cities I work in that’s already a blue state. This shit was supported by the government it wasn’t hush hush, they didn’t approach me when I walked by, guess I don’t fit the profile. In reality I can’t have anger at those who got food or whatever for their ballot. Shit if I was struggling for food I would do it. This is what they do here in the US in the age of mailing ballots to everyone.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the evidence of voter fraud is that obvious then why is it no hard to prove in a court of law?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If the evidence of voter fraud is that obvious then why is it no hard to prove in a court of law?
    It goes high up the level of command, you have a limited amount of time to appeal it. It’s almost the perfect crime, it’s getting fucked, you know you got fucked, and you can’t do anything about it. It’s suppressed in so many media outlets, social media tags it as fake (they researched it righty yeah sure they did) the media declares it “the most honest election of all time” that’s immediately after 4-5 years of collusion/not my President, and no one bats an eye? Look you believe it. You believe every word of it. This trump is evil shit is like a neurosis, I can’t even hear it anymore, I’ve been listening to it for 5 years. It lost its bite. And the dog whistle thing isn’t that great. He says things only “white supremacist can hear” while the speaker of the house calls for uprisings in the street. Just now what is being portrayed is not the mood an American, we aren’t all walking around saying “oh my god an insurrection” not at the gas stations, not at meetings, not in regular discourse. You might be surprised how many, and not even trump supporters are calling bullshit. Now we will actually impeach a non sitting president after talking about healing. Nice. It’s like they are trying to egg a certain element on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Trump ultimately — and begrudgingly — urged his supporters to “go home in peace.” But the six hours between when the Capitol was breached shortly before 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon and when it was finally declared secure around 8 p.m. that evening reveal a president paralyzed — more passive viewer than resolute leader, repeatedly failing to perform even the basic duties of his job.
    He never called for violence, he never called to "breach the Capitol" he said they would "peacefully and patriotically march to the Capitol and cheer on Senators and Congressmen.....and some not so much"

But no no tell me what someone SAID Trump said instead of telling me what Trump himself said.

You've been provided with any number of Democrats calling for ACTUAL violence and making excuses for REAL riots and your response is
    If he had called for violence the media would be using the words in the opening of every newscast. The narrative we are being fed about an insurrection is bullshit. This is not excusing any violence or death but we are all equal under the law, allegedly, the capitol should be viewed legally the same as every business that was looted and burnt all summer. The manufactured outrage after months of silence and excusing deliberate violent actions are complete bullshit. It’s all wrong. I don’t support the idiots who did it but look at burning cities then look at people taking selfies. The violent element against the capitol was preplanned. People didn’t hear a speech, go home, make Molotov cocktails and return. They were there and ready for business. If you live here you get a better understanding of how shit works. If you rely on the media holy shit what a lopsided one way shit show.
    If his own words could be spun to fit THAT narrative you're Goddamn right they'd be using those clips!

But what do you get? You get people like Stephen Colbert saying 'I'm not going to play what Trump said, because (insert emotions here) but here's what he said but from my mouth and you can trust me can't you'

What people are constantly fed about Trump vs what Trump says are very different things and the "very fine people" event should have handled that, but I guarantee you there's still people on this site who believe he called Nazis & White Supremacists "very fine people" and if you find yourself to be one of those people, congratulations you're fucking dumb.
    And THAT includes people on this site who believe evidence of election fraud/broken laws are, and I quote, "empty, meaningless, ludicrous" and "baseless accusations of illegal changes to the way States used the Electoral College in this election are ridiculous ". totally skinnered.
    Asked before but crickets...exactly how many specific allegations of election fraud, by definition etc State per State, had been submitted in the 60+ court hearings by Trumps legal representatives as evidence? Guess we can ask the same of those fine vids too? Select State legislators sought to, initially, throw out millions of valid legal votes and pretty sure once beyond safe harbor date the provision of ECA states that changing slates is a violation of law. Basically they had months and months to handle State affairs but pooched it. One even went to SCOTUS and they left it alone. Then again the elections over but I'm sure the next 4 years will be spent arguing backwards rather than going forward. Surprised they got 10 republicans today, wow. The delay actually may be worse pertaining to conviction rather than McConnell not allowing today.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 01-14-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think it's as simple as knowingly making false accusations of criminal activity -under Oath- in a court of law is a crime itself and a no no for Rudy. Could be wrong. But if you have the cards, you show them when you're seated at the table. Simple as.

The way the impeachment article is written is pretty interesting. It includes and pertains the specific Jan 6th 'speech' itself but pretty abundant lead up. I do believe encouraging insurrection and or rebellion is accurate.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 01-14-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s funny though the trump hate. I do believe Biden enriched himself and his family at the expense of the US for years. But I don’t hate the guy. That Kamala is a little dangerous if she becomes president but I’ll give everyone a chance. I try to see the merits of both sides. I hate to admit it but Biden will be good for EV stocks and I am hoping it leads to my retirement. Or at least being able to retire and do some cool things to help certain situations out. But seriously I hope Biden is successful. I don’t think we will see much of him. If I grow to dislike him I may gripe but god help me if I devote the time, outrage and screaming that I have seen from the Trump haters. It really says a lot about them. Maybe it says a lot about us as a country. Will left wing platforms be shut down if Biden doesn’t do well? Fuck me man that was some sick behavior and insane rantings for so long. What are these people going to do now? Who will they go after?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s funny though the trump hate. I do believe Biden enriched himself and his family at the expense of the US for years. But I don’t hate the guy. That Kamala is a little dangerous if she becomes president but I’ll give everyone a chance. I try to see the merits of both sides. I hate to admit it but Biden will be good for EV stocks and I am hoping it leads to my retirement. Or at least being able to retire and do some cool things to help certain situations out. But seriously I hope Biden is successful. I don’t think we will see much of him. If I grow to dislike him I may gripe but god help me if I devote the time, outrage and screaming that I have seen from the Trump haters. It really says a lot about them. Maybe it says a lot about us as a country. Will left wing platforms be shut down if Biden doesn’t do well? Fuck me man that was some sick behavior and insane rantings for so long. What are these people going to do now? Who will they go after?
    We're in a cauldron of extremes, have been for a while. And it's not all at Trumps feet. He certainly didn't help and grew divisions..but we're tribal by nature and politicians of every ilk exploit that to the hilt either economically or culturally so on and so forth.

Mixed about the Twatter 'ban' and other platforms. Granted 'private entity' and not censored by Government but personally I don't like 'groups' swept under the carpet like they don't exist. If there's a threat you let them walk into punches and put light on it. TBH it may have benefited Trump very much to not have had Twatter 24-7 and to have actually addressed the Nation throughout mono el mono at the big podium. There is literally Trump withdrawal happening. Saw it today at work with some poor gal who flipped out and started arguments all damn day. Who wouldn't lose their mind if they were just universally eclipsed overnight? We all would.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This endless circle of shit is getting us exactly NOWHERE. Now we got people who's feelings are hurt and going crying about it like it's the first time someone's feelings here have been hurt. Oh... the bullshit-ness of it all.

Trump defenders will be Trump defenders to the DEATH. Nothing anyone can say or do is going to change that... and Trump made sure and injected whatever he's injected in people over the last four years to make sure of that.

Doesn't matter whether you're stricken with TDS, or are just a mere, neutral, casual observer. If you so much as criticize a hair out of place in the Orange Man's hairdo... you get lumped in together in the same group.

Nothing is out of bounds either. Trump himself says or does something wrong... in front of millions of TV cameras.... it's fake news. We're not actually seeing or hearing that. It's all a wonderful digital fake job.

Elections take place with all the precautions that would entail an event so preordained by Trump to be rigged and fake... it doesn't matter. The elections were stolen. Massive Voter Fraud.

A bunch of lowlife lunatics invade the Capitol in an attempt to disrupt the certification of the Electoral Votes, and Trump watches on TV only to emerge hours later to half-heartedly mumble something about going home..... he "did his job" by asking for peace.

At this point, I can only say that January 20th can't come soon enough... so Orange Man can get the fuck out of the White House.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After he told them they were going to march to the Capitol he said

“You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength. You have to be strong,”

He mentioned fighting twenty plus times in a few minutes of speaking.

He got the crowd chanting "fight for Trump" several times and Trump egged them on.

And here

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346868619595153408

and here

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346868892451409922

and you had his son talking about guns and fighting and showing strngth and so on and Rudy talking about trial by combat to get the Senate to throw the election.

Trump incited a riot Lyle. This is a bipartisan view. Here's the number three House Republican:

On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic.

“Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

message After he'd incited the mob he went off to watch them storm the Capitol on TV and refused to intervene or call in the national guard or do anything at all to stop the violence until his lawyers managed to convince him he'd face legal consequences if he didn't. So hours after the Capitol came under attack he issued a statement.

Now there are thousands of troops occupying the Capitol for the next week to keep the government and democracy safe from Trump and his supporters. This is quite an unusual situation Lyle, don't you think?

There is no comparison at all with anything any Democratic politician has said or done. It's just pathetic and shameful to try and whatabout an attempted fucking coup.

Also, twitter banning Trump does not mean America is about to become China. There is no way on earth that Xi would ever be banned from the Chinese version of twitter. It couldn't happen over there. In America individuals who own private businesses have the freedom to decide who can use their goods and services and even if they ban the president from using their services so far at least the president won't use the power of the government to fuck them up as would happen in China. You can stop with the hysterical bedwetting bullshit claims about censorship or the tyranny of tech firms or whatever.

In Trump's case twitter actually bent over backwards for years not to ban him even when he endlessly violated their terms of service that see thousands of people banned every day. They created a special category for him so that they could ignore their own rules. If they had banned him years ago they'd have done him a massive favour. He'd probably have been reelected if he'd been unable to shower the nation with shit every day for years.

Look Lyle, even the places you get your news from have rules regarding what you can and cannot post:

https://www.infowars.com/terms-of-service/#fourteen

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://twitter.com/jorge_guajardo/s...72748585381889

America snubbed by Luxembourg. Four years of Trump and Luxembourg turn you down. It's so small I drove past it once and I was looking for it.

The latest with the pardon situation:

https://twitter.com/DraperRobert/sta...91625054343168

Trump must be absolutely terrified about losing legal immunity and the power to keep his records away from the prosecutors. I bet every day now the Oval Office is like that scene from Downfall that gets parodied. Speaking of which we 're due one of them at least no? They have so much material to work with.

2021 politics:

https://twitter.com/McCormackJohn/st...74076279713793

They've closed the Washington Monument due to threats from right-wing American extremists. Not al-Qaeda. Not the Taliban. Not ISIS. American right-wing extremists.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/sta...88180644630529

Jeremiah Johnson prophesied Trump would win in 2020, got it wrong, and apologized -- noting that Trump was prideful and the church wrongly put Trump on a pedestal. Look at this message. This is what happened. The sickness is in the church real and widespread. I've seen this also:

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/sta...05892994420749

"The problem is they were complicit in The Big Lie," @SenToomey
    says of House Republicans, including @GOPLeader
    , who went along with the idea that President Trump might have won the election

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1348276471182336001

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/stat...52784532250626

But as senators and House members trapped inside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday begged for immediate help during the siege, they struggled to get through to the president, who — safely ensconced in the West Wing — was too busy watching fiery TV images of the crisis unfolding around them to act or even bother to hear their pleas.

“He was hard to reach, and you know why? Because it was live TV,” said one close Trump adviser. “If it’s TiVo, he just hits pause and takes the calls. If it’s live TV, he watches it, and he was just watching it all unfold.”

Even as he did so, Trump did not move to act. And the message from those around him — that he needed to call off the angry mob he had egged on just hours earlier, or lives could be lost — was one to which he was not initially receptive.

“It took him awhile to appreciate the gravity of the situation,” Graham said in an interview. “The president saw these people as allies in his journey and sympathetic to the idea that the election was stolen.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...6d6_story.html
    Hmmmm a lot of Twitter there, what’s going on with Twitter lately

Yes mate, they attempted to overthrow a government recently. You fucking idiot.

El Kabong Guest

“You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength. You have to be strong,”

He got the crowd chanting "fight for Trump" several times and Trump egged them on.

And here

and here

and you had his son talking about guns and fighting and showing strngth and so on and Rudy talking about trial by combat to get the Senate to throw the election.

Trump incited a riot Lyle. This is a bipartisan view. Here's the number three House Republican:

On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic.

“Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

message After he'd incited the mob he went off to watch them storm the Capitol on TV and refused to intervene or call in the national guard or do anything at all to stop the violence until his lawyers managed to convince him he'd face legal consequences if he didn't. So hours after the Capitol came under attack he issued a statement.

Now there are thousands of troops occupying the Capitol for the next week to keep the government and democracy safe from Trump and his supporters. This is quite an unusual situation Lyle, don't you think?

There is no comparison at all with anything any Democratic politician has said or done. It's just pathetic and shameful to try and whatabout an attempted fucking coup.

Also, twitter banning Trump does not mean America is about to become China. There is no way on earth that Xi would ever be banned from the Chinese version of twitter. It couldn't happen over there. In America individuals who own private businesses have the freedom to decide who can use their goods and services and even if they ban the president from using their services so far at least the president won't use the power of the government to fuck them up as would happen in China. You can stop with the hysterical bedwetting bullshit claims about censorship or the tyranny of tech firms or whatever.

In Trump's case twitter actually bent over backwards for years not to ban him even when he endlessly violated their terms of service that see thousands of people banned every day. They created a special category for him so that they could ignore their own rules. If they had banned him years ago they'd have done him a massive favour. He'd probably have been reelected if he'd been unable to shower the nation with shit every day for years.

Look Lyle, even the places you get your news from have rules regarding what you can and cannot post:

So you've never heard a Democrat speak then?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elected representatives terrified to vote for what they believe in because they're scared they and their families might be murdered by Trump supporters. This is fascism. American democracy is being destroyed by a fascist terrorist movement:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/house...r-their-lives/

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/sta...69689227603968

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status...14272787365893

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/statu...90567202029569

A few days ago there was a scandal that would have impeached any president in pre-Trump times but it barely made the news in the sea of sewerage recently. Trump fired a US attorney in Georgia because he wouldn't produce any evidence of election fraud to throw the election for him and sent his own guy in there:

The acting U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, whose predecessor abruptly resigned one week ago after President Trump complained officials were not doing enough to find election fraud in the state, declared on a call with his staff Monday that “there’s just nothing to” the few claims of fraud the office was examining, according to an audio recording obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On the call, Bobby Christine, who also serves as the top federal prosecutor in the Southern District of Georgia, suggested that he was surprised to learn the office had not found significant election fraud issues.

“Quite frankly, just watching television, you would assume that you got election cases stacked from the floor to the ceiling,” Christine said, according to the Atlanta newspaper. “I am so happy to find out that’s not the case, but I didn’t know coming in.”

A spokesman for Christine’s office declined to comment Tuesday.

Note the "abruptly resigned" descrition of what happened.

“Mr. Pak’s forced resignation against the backdrop of White House insistence to prosecute purported election offenses is then followed by the curious appointment of an outsider who immediately brings in election prosecutors from outside the district — it all gives rise to a ready inference that the newcomers are willing to pursue what was troubling enough to cause Mr. Pak to resign,” said John Horn, a former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia.

Of course it later emerged that Trump straight up fired him which technically is breaking the law but that doesn't seem to matter these days.

His exit came just a day after The Post reported on an call in which Trump urged Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn Trump’s election defeat in the state. In the same conversation, Trump cited a “never-Trumper U.S. attorney” in Georgia — a possible reference to Pak — and hinted vaguely and baselessly that Raffensperger’s refusal to act on his unfounded fraud claims constituted a “criminal offense.”

Two presidency ending scandals in a few days and they're already ancient history.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McConnell seems to be looking forward to holding the trial. Firstly this must mean he's got the OK from the big GOP donors. There's no way he'd do it otherwise. It seems the people who fund the GOP have taken one look at fascism and don't like it which I'm a little surprised about. Secondly as one of the gang of eight he'll have been briefed on exactly what the Feds have found out about the coup. For him to put the word out that he's fine to go after Trump means there's a lot of stuff that will come out that will give him cover. There's now a good chance that there'll be enough votes to convict the fucker.

Of course in a few short days from now Trump loses his legal liability and his legal problems really start.

And I see the Joint Chiefs put a statement out saying Biden is going to be the new prez. That must be a reall kick in the balls to the Q/fascist community who were expecting the military to keep Trump in power. How do you feel about this treachery Lyle?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And here

and here

So you've never heard a Democrat speak then?

I've heard loads of Democrats speak Lyle. If you're going to tell me they've supported the overthrow of their own government, or indeed any other claim, you need to provide text in context and a link. No videos. Let's compare and contrast Trump and his supporters versus whatever some Democrats have had to say.

Thread Information