Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

I'm not wishing for anything except to know the truth about where the universe came from and if there are really multiverses. I also want to know what dark matter and dark energy are. I want to know where the universe is expanding into. I want to know how time started and how it will stop if ever. I want to know if there was a creator of the universe. Because if there was not a creator of the universe I am completely perplexed and perhaps somebody could help me out. Parmenides is one of my favorite thinkers as is his student Zeno. I believe that type of thinking originated with him about 600 BC. Parmenides was the first one to realize that multiplicity and change are illusions. He basically proved that there can be no coming into being or passing away... a lot of this Greek thought from those early centuries was bastardized and slowly was introduced to the Common Man and it became Christianity. All this nonsense about the Alpha and the Omega was already written about by the Greeks 600 years before the Christian era.

Parmenides basically proved that you can have no incremental motion or time without first traversing a fraction of that increment but which would also be impossible because before you could traverse that or before that interval of time could transpire you would first have to Traverse some fraction of that as well and so on backwards into reverse Infinity.

Is mind-blowing but it takes a genius to understand it. morality has nothing to do with this but somehow the Common Man applied morality to the concepts of Parmenides and Zeno.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like to get your thoughts on simulation, obviously the technology wasn't around 600 BC, but since around 2003 many theories and experiments have taken place. Just look at how computers have advanced in the last 80 years. I can't even imagine what it could be like in another 100. What type of world will our great grand children live in? Virtual worlds will become indistinguishable, we may be able to create virtual universes where the characters have minds and think similar to ours but won't know they live in a simulation. What if we are such characters already?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Technology is innovating and expanding at an exponential rate. It’s difficult to grasp how dramatic is the growth of 2 x 2 x 2 x 2…

There is an ancient Persian tale of the inventor of the game of chess. When the ruler of the land was presented with the chessboard he was so pleased, he offered a gift. Upon reflection, the inventor asked for rice. He put a single grain of rice on the first square, and his request was simple: he asked that the rice double for each square. The emperor readily agreed, believing he had gotten off easy.

The net result? For the final square alone, the king owed 2 to the 64th power, or 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 grains of rice. The entire country’s wealth was forfeit to keep the promise.

Those familiar with technology often refer to “Moore’s Law” – so named for the Intel co-founder Gordon Moore who postulated it in 1965. He predicted that transistors on processors (used for processing power) would double every two years. Many predicted this would be a short-term law and could not continue for long. Yet nearly 50 years later, it is continuing.

Exponential growth.

The smartphone in your pocket provides a better communication tool than the President of the United States had access to just 25 years ago, and provides access to more data than he had access to just 10 years ago.

Technology impacts the shape of our lives – it influences the people we stay in contact with, the people we date (and marry), the type of information we consume, the way we consume it, and what we do with it.

What do the next 50 years hold? One can only imagine what exponential technology growth will do to the field of personalized medicine, to the clean water shortages of Africa, and to businesses in America. Technology’s exponential growth rate means we are now accomplishing in one year what took centuries in ancient history. The degree of innovation that is occurring – even at this moment as you read this article – is truly staggering.

We are truly in the midst of an explosion of technology.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice post Walrus.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I think technology is way beyond human emotional abilities of emotional response. I think this will lead to further loss of freedoms and potentially the destruction of the planet. Through weaponry and financial systems of greed and mass surveillance we are heading somewhere very dark. Remember, we are the same species that in the last century alone killed millions through tyranny and war and that mindset has not changed at all. Now look at the technology. It gets a bit Prometheus like and I can see us eradicating ourselves even based on a false alarm or mistake.The older I get the more pessimistic I get. If you do not have freedom then there is no point to life. We are already born into a system of authority we have no influence over. It is only going to get worse and fingers crossed death is the end.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Careful what you wish for though. Animal Farm is one of my favorite books and defines Communism to a tee whence it being banned in China. You wouldn't want them ruling the world. Criticize America all you like, and you are free to do so, but you cannot do the same about China, certainly on a political level. Russia on the other hand will let me read Orwell quite freely as I traverse the country on the Trans Siberian Express. The manic left in the West wants the same kind of system already imposed by China and that isn't cool. We are not ants to be manipulated and told what to think and do. It is one reason I do not want to have children as I agree with Noel Gallagher who said he would actually like to be dead in 20 years as the world is going to be shit. That's a sad thing for a multi millionaire rockstar....with children....to be saying. He can see what is coming as can many others. Noam Chomsky gave a lecture just a few weeks ago talking about the horrors of nuclear war and environmental catastrophe that have been close and will potentially be coming. This is the sum result of humanity. Banning of truth and mass annihilation because of greed and power.
    When a young girl disappears after she does a live stream of her self protesting Xi and throwing a little ink on a poster portraying Xi that is some intense shit

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That does sound very defeatist, but of course I enjoy life on a day to day basis. It is just that we can see for ourselves what Snowden and Wikileaks have told us, we can read the works of Ellsberg, it's all out there. You don't even need to listen to Alex Jones. Even Noam Chomsky's main theme now seems to be the potential imminent demise of our species. The warning signs are all there and we can see for ourselves the failure of the welfare state, of 'democracy', of the financial system, the environment, the issues of overpopulation.

Enjoy life while you can but don't expect it to get any better. We are approaching midnight and what does Trump want? To reform the financial system? To tackle global warming? No, to build more nukes and carry on as usual. Way to go!

The elites will be fine. But the rest of you won't. Enjoy life while you can.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, it is horrible, Walrus.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But she did ruin a perfectly good poster

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    One of my good friends from there, said it's not that uncommon.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And @Alpha this was recently in the news

Fifty student activists have gone missing in southern China after police raided an apartment where they had been mobilising support for factory workers demanding union rights.

Labour activists who were in touch with the group said the raid took place at 5am on Friday in Huizhou, near Shenzhen, in Guangdong provingce. Activists said they were not able to contact or locate those who had been detained. Video footage of the raid showed police in riot gear storming an apartment and scuffling with occupants.

The group, made up 50 students and five workers, is part of a small but growing labour rights coalition in China’s manufacturing region where independent labour unions are barred and activism is seen as a threat.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...er-police-raid

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That does sound very defeatist, but of course I enjoy life on a day to day basis. It is just that we can see for ourselves what Snowden and Wikileaks have told us, we can read the works of Ellsberg, it's all out there. You don't even need to listen to Alex Jones. Even Noam Chomsky's main theme now seems to be the potential imminent demise of our species. The warning signs are all there and we can see for ourselves the failure of the welfare state, of 'democracy', of the financial system, the environment, the issues of overpopulation.

Enjoy life while you can but don't expect it to get any better. We are approaching midnight and what does Trump want? To reform the financial system? To tackle global warming? No, to build more nukes and carry on as usual. Way to go!

We're all on the hamster wheel.

I like to follow the whole Qanon thing, but feel deep down it is false hope, established by the elite.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And @Alpha this was recently in the news

Fifty student activists have gone missing in southern China after police raided an apartment where they had been mobilising support for factory workers demanding union rights.

Labour activists who were in touch with the group said the raid took place at 5am on Friday in Huizhou, near Shenzhen, in Guangdong provingce. Activists said they were not able to contact or locate those who had been detained. Video footage of the raid showed police in riot gear storming an apartment and scuffling with occupants.

The group, made up 50 students and five workers, is part of a small but growing labour rights coalition in China’s manufacturing region where independent labour unions are barred and activism is seen as a threat.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...er-police-raid
    Yea it's crazy, my mate said there are so many situations where if they don't like something you have done, that's it for you.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Miles. The end is near. Technology for the masses is bullshit. It's crumbs that fell on the floor where we grovel, and marvel like sicophants at Tech Firms.

We are slaves, drooling over the games of Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Wall Street, etc.

Fucking pathetic.

El Kabong Guest

We're all on the hamster wheel.

I like to follow the whole Qanon thing, but feel deep down it is false hope, established by the elite.
    If QAnon is correct then there's not a bunch to worry about it's just a matter of time before the public becomes aware of what is happening behind the curtain. What with Sessions and Huber. If QAnon is right, then Trump's "beef" with Sessions is 100% for show to draw the mainstream media into a certain position and then once certain things are revealed the mainstream media will have no choice but to stay with their initial position or be forever tainted as Fake News.

If QAnon is false, untrue then everything is up in the air.

Apparently the big news of the day is that the Clinton Foundation donors are damn near identical to the McCain Institute donors thereby perpetuating that whole "It's not Republicans vs Democrats it's Cabal vs the People"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...oros-teneo-sau

as I always say, WE WILL SEE but Q seemed to be right on about North Korea, seemed to be right about John McCain

Next thing that will happen if Q is proven correct is that secret communications will come out. Apparently all these idiots working to undermine Trump used PS4/Xbox communications, they used Gmail drafts, they used Online poker chats, etc....we're talking: Comey, McCabe, Sztrok, Bruce Ohr, Christopher Steele, Loretta Lynch (plays a huge role), Hillary, Huma, etc....the communications between Bruce Ohr, his wife Nellie Ohr, and Christopher Steele are big, the communications between Bruce Ohr, Alexander Downer will be unearthed.....so be on the look out for those things to come to light soon if Q is indeed correct.

Thread Information